Rwby: Child of Grimm: Volume...

By bentleygt500

Volume 3 of Rwby: Child of Grimm. After a fierce battle protecting Vale from the Grimm escaping the tunnels... More

Chapter 2: Mouse trap
Chapter 3: Kidnapped
Chapter 4: Kidnapped part 2
Chapter 5: Study and Sleep
Chapter 6: New Look
Chapter 7: Vytal Festival begins
Chapter 8: Mirror Mirror
Chapter 9: Bugged
Chapter 10: Lessons learned
Chapter 11: Phase One
Chapter 12: Fall
Chapter 13: Detective
Chapter 14: Interrupted
Chapter 15: The Battle Begins
Chapter 16: Family Reunions
Chapter 17: Severance
Chapter 18: Losing Heart
Chapter 19: Jackal
Chapter 20: Silver, Red and Yellow

Chapter 1: New Beginning

7K 92 8
By bentleygt500

Ruby stands before her mothers grave with a forlorn look across the small girls face as the wind blows her hair gently in the breeze, revealing her pale skin and sad silver eyes.

[Ruby] "hey mom... sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, y'know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses you. I miss you too... Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... that was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh, They're my teammates! Along with, well... it's complicated. I met a guy! He's my age and he goes to Beacon too! But, he... hasn't really been around lately. Not like he just ran off or anything! I-.. I understand why I can't see him, it's just... I miss him... A-anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've all stopped some bad guys too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early but uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he starts to sound like uncle Qrow."

The sound of Zwei barking alerts Ruby to the present of the adorable pup and her father TaiYang.

[Ruby] "Oh! Looks like Dads back! I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before his next mission. Wish me luck!"

Ruby puts her hood up before she begins walking away, but turns to face her mothers grave one more time.

[Ruby] "it was good to talk."

-

[Ozpin] "so, you know what you'll be doing?"
[Sol] "yeah. I'm not to participate under any circumstances because it would be unfair to the other contestants, you've placed me in a similar position to a guard in that I'm to look out for anything suspicious."
[Ozpin] "And?"
[Sol] "*Sigh* and intervene only when necessary. If it is something that can be dealt with without attracting the attention of the masses then I should come and alert you ASAP."
[Ozpin] "indeed."
[Sol] "so I can go now?"
[Ozpin] "where to?"
[Sol] "just down to Hunters heaven to see if my weapon's ready yet."
[Ozpin] "very well, but remember that a teacher must be with you when you leave school grounds."
[Sol] "*sigh* alright, I'll go see what professor port's up to."

Leaving via the elevator, the white haired principal took a final glance at the white haired youth. A solemn and unnerved look appearing on the face of the man that seems to usually have everything under control.

-

[???] "so four of the most highly trained huntsmen in-training, were defeated outright, by a boy two years younger than them, and ran away with their tails between their legs. Did I miss anything?"
[Zaf] "teacher I-"
[Teacher] "what!?"
[Zaf] "we-we didn't know that that... thing would be so strong! He put Rouge in the infirmary with a look!"
[Teacher] "*sigh*"

The cream haired woman whom Zaf called teacher sighed, her brown trench coat creasing as she placed her hand on her forehead.

[Teacher] "anyone with a bit of fighting experience can do that."
[Zaf] "huh?"
[Teacher] "it's something that would only work on either those with precognitive abilities or someone with extremely honed battle sense so I can't exactly show you."
[Zaf] "wh-what?"
[Teacher] "all you need to know is that guy's not some incredible monster. He's human. Killable."
[???] "you sure about that Créme?"
[Créme] "Jorden? what are you talking about?"
[Jorden] "here."

The tall brown haired man tossed Créme the broken black chest piece from 3's armour.

[Créme] "this...!"
[Jorden] "the left side has multiple incisions while the stomach and chest are heavily dented."
[Créme] "how is this possible? The Black Knight armour should be impenetrable."
[Jorden] "nothing's impenetrable, but to have done this much damage, whoever or, whatever they were fighting, is no ordinary huntsman."
[Créme] "that's-"
[Jorden] "here, when you have the time, go over this with the rest of team Z3RO."

Jorden threw a small data drive to Créme who quickly caught it out of the air.

[Jorden] "now then, I'd better get working on the #4. See you later. Oh, and make sure that guy's locked up tight! We don't need a repeat of last year!"

-

[Port] "and, as I heroically made my way through the Grimm infested-"
[Sol] "oh hey, we're here! Sorry professor but I'll have to listen to this story a little later."
[Port] "hmm, well that's quite alright. I can certainly wait."

Sol breathed a sigh of relief as the unlikely student/teacher pair walked through the doors of the hunters heaven.

From the look of the place, "abandoned" is the first thought that came to Sols mind as he noticed just how much dirt and dust had settled in the store. So much so that a single sneeze could cause an indoor sandstorm. From the back room, the sounds of metal being moulded and shaped into a form befitting the greatest hunters could be heard.

[Sol] "hey! Burnie!"

The pitter patter of small, yet angry feet barrelled towards the front of the store.

[Auburn] "who called me thaaaaaat! - oh, its you."

The last words were spoken with an animosity the small girl reserved for those she truly did not like.

[Sol] "nice to see you again too."
[Auburn] "ow's Ryu's healin' comin' along?"
[Sol] "slowly. Very, very slowly."
[Auburn] "yeah, I bet yer've got such a problem wit that."

Her obvious sarcasm didn't escape Sol and, while he expected this outcome when he and Ryu traded places to begin with, it would be hard to say that he is not bothered by it.

[Cyan] "Big bro?"
[Sol] "hm?"

Standing at the entrance to the back room is the small duo of Cyan and Millie. Their faces and clothes covered in ash and soot.

[Sol] "I'm not-"
[Cyan] "you look different and smell... a bit funny."
[Sol] "you saying I smell bad? What's up with that?! I clean everyday!"
[Cyan] "eh?! No! It's just..."
[Sol] "yeah, I get it. I smell similar yet different to Ryu right?"
[Cyan] "so you're really not him?"
[Sol] "i'm his brother. I'm taking care of things here while he gets better."
[Millie] "I-is he alright?"

The small mouse Faunus asked worriedly about her friends big brother figure. Smiling warmly, if slightly awkwardly back at the young girl, Sol replied to the best of his ability.

[Sol] "he'll be fine. It'll just be a while before he's up and at 'em again."
[Cyan] "can we see him?"
[Sol] "uh, that's... you see-"
[Auburn] "e's not in tha city. E's bein' looked afta somewhere else."
[Cyan] "o-oh."
[Auburn] "why doncha go tell the Ol' man he's 'ere."
[Cyan] "o-okay."

The two children walked back into the depths of the store. At the same time, Sol turned to Auburn in an attempt to offer his thanks for helping him with the situation.

[Auburn] "don't. Didn't do it fer you. Those kids wouldn' understand."
[Sol] "you're not that much older than them y'know."
[Auburn] "I'll kick ya out."
[Sol] "sorry. I just..."
[Auburn] "*Sigh* I know yer not a monster aright? It's jus' hard. Lotta people care 'bout her brother. Seein' someone else in his place jus' doesn't feel right, no matta who i'is."

Sol took in a deep breath of relief before looking at the young girl in a new light, Wondering just where this wisdom beyond her years comes from.

[Sol] "thanks."

The sound of metal falling to the floor and heavy boots crashing past workbenches and weapons echoed as Alistair cane bursting through the door, barraging Sol with so many questions he could barely understand the man.

[Port] "Alistair! It is good to see you again."
[Alistair] "ey? Oh! Port! Haha, bin too long!
[Auburn] "you old men can talk later. Alistair! Got Tha weapon ready yet?!"
[Alistair] "eh? Oh right! Hahaha, almost fergot. Alright laddie, come take a look at the new 'n' improved Grimms Heart!"

Alistair happily dragged Sol to the back workshop where he began regailing him with the story of how complicated it was to keep the strange form the weapon had taken and still modify it with the specifications Sol had asked for.

[Alistair] "how's she feel?"

Sol picked up his weapon, the familiar red blade almost gleaming in anticipation for the battles they would fight together. After he gave it a few swings, Sol noticed a change in his partner.

[Sol] "She's put on some weight."
[Alistair] "Haha! Don't let her here ya say that lad!"

After Sol and Alistair laughed together for a small while, they headed back out to the front of the shop where they prepared to seperate. While Professor Port was telling an excited Cyan all about his exploits as a huntsman and Millie and Auburn spoke with each other about how everything was going at the orphanage, Sol and Alistair had one more exchange.

[Sol] "hey Alistair."
[Alistair] "hm?"
[Sol] "Since I've been out here, I haven't exactly been welcomed with open arms so... thank you. For making me feel at least a little accepted."

Sol's heartfelt words and warm smile caught Alistair off guard for a moment before he replied with a returning smile.

[Alistair] "other people might not see it or, 'ell, not want ta see it. But from what I've 'erd, you saved Ryu's life. Yer'll always be welcome here."
[Sol] "thanks."

Sol turned to face the others.

[Sol] "Hey Cyan, Millie."
[Cyan] "yeah?"
[Millie] "eh?"
[Sol] "I heard about what you two did back then, protecting the other kids like that."

The two children looked downtrodden, as if they were being told off for doing something they shouldn't have.

[Sol] "good job."
[Cyan & Millie] "eh?"

The two looked up in surprise at the golden eyes older boy with surprise in their voices.

[Sol] "though maybe next time make sure you can defend yourselves properly. You'll make great Huntsmen when you're older."

Their faces both lit up with glee.

[Millie] "n!"
[Cyan] "Yeah!"
[Sol] "okay professor, ready to go back? I think you had some stuff to do in preparation for the festival right?"
[Port] "oh! Indeed I do. Then we shall be off everyone. It was a pleasure to see you all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 212 53
Follow the team from their adventures from Beacon and onwards. (Ps. I do not own RWBY it is owned by Rooster Teeth and was created by Monty Oum) All...
4.2K 57 50
My name is Silver Belladonna. My name is influenced by a movement after the Great War which made everything seem black and white, good or bad. Theref...
508 28 14
Following on from my previous fan-fics - 'The Dead Mountain' and 'Icy Tomb' (so you should read those first if you haven't already!), 'Fall' follows...
1.1K 36 9
I own nothing RWBY related. A boy born to an unloving family, thought to be a legend in his small village of Kirin, just a few miles from Vale. The v...