CTIA

By Brink_of_pure_awe

I woke up at six at night to a loud alarm I went to the computer and it flashed PLEASE EXIT THE BUILDING IN T... More

Chapter One Brey: A life changed
Chapter Two Nick: My Parents' wishes
Chapter Three Haleigh: Mission 1
Chapter four Justin: Fast forward
Chapter five Victoria: the return
Chapter Six Daniel: Surprise
Chapter Seven Chloe: Austin Smith
Chapter Eight Chloe: Dating
Chapter Nine Chloe: Lies
Chapter Ten Chloe: the TRUTH
Chapter Eleven Emily: Exit Stage Right
Chapter Tweleve Nick: Payment
Chapter Thirdteen Haleigh: Changes and Betrayal
Chapter Fourteen Justin: Assistance
Chapter Fifteen Tori: the unknown
Chapter Sixteen Daniel: well then
Chapter Seventeen Danny: FML
Chapter Eighteen Daniel: Like it's my Last
Chapter Twenty Emily: Sonnet 71

Chapter Nineteen Chloe: Normal not Boring

51 1 0
By Brink_of_pure_awe

Once I thought my life would be boring, then I fell in love with Nick and that flew out of the window. Now I have to focus on looking normal for him even though he never asked me to lie for him it became second nature. He said it was the spy in me taking over trying to keep everything from getting too crazy. Other than my bouts of compulsive lying I have a pretty normal day to day life. I work for Burnett reality group as one of their fifteen agents and I specialize in condos and starter homes which I'm very good at. I have a few friends like Josh, Amber, Katie, and Denis. Josh is a really exuberant person, fun to hang out with, and extremely nosey he is about six one, brown eyes, and tan skin. Amber always has gossip about everyone else and is also suspiciously interested in Nick, but I love this five one, brown skinned, plump woman. Katie thinks I need to dump Nick since she things he is gone too much for her likening, and she thinks he is hiding something, yet whenever this five four, thin, red headed sees him she acts like they are great friends. Then there is Denis who absolutely hates Nick even though Nick hasn't said two words to the guy, and other than that he is really nice to me. He has blond hair, grey eyes, is about five eleven, and tan skin.

I really like all of the people at my job except that bitch Sabrina, She thinks I lie about everything and even thinks that Nick is made up and that I hire an actor to not look as sad. I want to punch her in the face and I swear one day I will snap and tell her about herself. Whenever Nick isn't working he brings me lunch or we go out together just too spent time with each other, and Sabrina always tries to come with us and Nick says that he just wants to spend some time with me., thankfully that usually makes her back off. Even when Nick likes to surprise me the moment he gets back from somewhere and the receptionist Harper always lets him in then tells everyone but me. My boss Mr. Burnett or Terry as he likes to be called is really sweet, nice, and a really giving person each month we have to do some charity event and he counts it as a team building exercise. I have asked Nick if he would want join in with and each and every time he says no and that kind of makes Terry a little upset who is very determined about it.

Two weeks after we got back from Justin's funeral I was in a meeting and the topic came up of our team building exercise for the month. This month we were going to have a little outing and Terry insisted on me asking Nick to join us, but Nick had left on a mission three days ago. I tried to explain that he was on a business trip but Sabrina insisted that I call him and got Terry behind her, and now with me being the center of attention I called him and put it on speaker. The second he answered the first thing we heard was gunfire. "Hey what's up" he said sounding very calmly. "Nothing much I just wanted to ask you something" I replied, "Is it important" he asked. "Kind of, but I can call back later" I said. "No your fine, these guys can't shoot for shit anyways" he replied playfully. "Um okay, at work we are all going out, and I was wondering if you would like to join in with us" I asked. "Baby" he sighed reluctantly. "Please I really want you to do this with me" I said. "Okay how mad would you be if I said no" he asked. I said very then there were few very loud gunshots and everything got quiet. "I don't know if I am going to be able to make it" he said and after I reminded him that he doesn't know when it is he asked if he really had a choice and I told him no. "Fine, but Rena has to come to" he said. I said okay after terry gave me a reassuring nod then he said that that he needed to go and that he would be back in two days. After I hung up Dennis asked what Nick did for a living and I said the only profession that was still fit but wasn't actually true and said that he was a Defense Contractor and that his organization operates under the government.

After Nick got back he picked me up for lunch, and everyone seemed to try to avoid him except for Sabrina of course. I was almost done closing a sale when Terry got up the courage to ask him in to his office, and I have to say that was the fastest talk terry has ever had with someone. I felt him behind my chair and when he put his hands on my shoulders the entire room around us tensed up a little. Then he asked in a whisper "why is everyone looking at me like I going to kill them?" "Well I told them that you're a mercenary," I whispered back. He wrapped his arms around my neck and watched the eyes fill with a bit of fear, and all he did was smile. He kissed me on the cheek and the we went to lunch leaving everyone a little more terrified then when they came in. While at lunch he and I talked about everyone's reaction and then he tried to get out of going shooting but that still didn't happen.

After I got back from lunch Katie, Amber, and Josh asked to come over, which was perfectly fine since he was going to work out with Brey. Josh brought the pizza and Amber brought the wine and the three of us were just chilling in the living room. The way our apartment is set up there is the kitchen which opens into the living room and we have a small eating area in between them. To the right is our bedroom where we had our own bathroom, the guest bathroom, and the guest bedroom which somehow turned into Nick's gun room. That obviously has a lock on the door that only Nick and I know the passcode to since Nick did something that makes it almost impossible to break into. Josh mistook it for the bathroom once and was almost electrocuted. When Katie finally arrived, we watched some tv and chilled out until Nick got back from the gym then it felt like Katie had started her own intervention. "I'm sorry but I thought you would be with a sweet guy" she said. "well he is really sweet" I replied. "yeah, I was thinking more like flowers just because, romantic, high effort kind of sweet" she replied. "well I'm not into that I like perfect gentleman, overprotective, realistic kind of sweet" I replied. Then Nick fresh out the shower walked in the living room "so you ready to go shooting tomorrow" amber asked. He shot her an annoyed look and said that he wasn't looking forward to it. When she asked why he said that he didn't want to make us look bad, and an intoxicated Katie took it as a challenge. "shoo you think you so great at eve er re thing you're not that cool I bet that you will lose" she said barely able to sit up. Nick laughed then took her keys off the counter and put them in one of the drawers "really" he said. Amber tried to change the subject but Katie was out for blood "Fight me right now" she said trying to stand. She kicked off her shoes and started to tie back her hair Nick stared at her like she was joking, but sadly she wasn't. He walked from behind the counter over to her trying to just hug it out then she swung at him, He dodged it of course but it came close. Then he grabbed her arm and pined it behind it her and sat her on the couch she sat there a bit too drunk to stand un till she fell asleep. Josh, amber and I thought it was funny. An hour or so later Josh the only sober one drove Katie and Amber home and Nick and I went straight to sleep.

The next day we were going to the range which was thirty minutes away from our apartment and since Nick didn't try to back out of going we got there earlier that the rest of the group. Nick got impatient and decided to go inside and a few minutes later I went in to check on him. After I walked in this tall man with coffee colored skin said, "so you must be Chloe" then gave me a hug. "Nice to meet you" I replied giving Nick a confused look who thought this was weird was looking at the guy like he was about to hit him. When he let me go he told me that he was glad to put a face to the name then walked back behind the counter. Nick wrapped his arm around my shoulder and told me that the man's name was Darrell and that he owns the shooting range. "I could get you guys set up outside are you doing long or short range today" he asked. Nick told him that he was with the group and Darrel said that he was trying to show off Nick just shrugged it off. Thankfully Mr. Barnette walk in and took Darrell's attention he made us all fill out some paperwork and by the time everyone got there and we were ready to go it was ten o'clock.

This wasn't my first time shooting, my dad took me all the time, but this was the first time Nick has seen me shoot and everything I shot was in a small cluster just left of the target. The entire time I was shooting Nick was just sitting behind me then Denis asked him if he was going to shoot any then Brey walked in. she asked him if he was ready. they walked over to the last two targets, gave each other a nod, then they snatched their guns from their waistbands and started shooting. Everyone crowed around them and they were so focused like it was just the target. Their guns went off like they were automatics changing magazines in just seconds with casings flying in a constant string next to them. When they were done their targets looked almost identical with the head and chest blown out. Mr. Barnette asked me to remind him to never piss him off. Sabrina had been quiet for the entire time until she saw Brey then she opened her mouth and asked who Brey was. I told her that she was Nick's friend and then she asked how close are they and if they hung out a lot. Then Nick walked back over to me and she just stared at him and out of the corner of my eye saw her start talking to Brey who was holding a AR-15. Then handed me his gun and placed his arms on top of mine a few shots later I was hitting the center of the target. Then the let go and I was still hitting the center. I heard Brey say "you need to take the butt of the gun off your shoulder" then a loud shot and Sabrina scream. Darrell took her in the back and Brey stood there trying not to laugh. We were pretty much done after that and went to get some lunch. The Nick got a call, said some stuff in Russian then told me he had to leave. A few days later I was at work and I heard harper screaming at someone then she suddenly stopped. When I turned around I saw Chase pointing a gun at Denis who had wedged himself between us. He told him to move, and Denis told him that he would have to go threw him then he shot him in the shoulder. I ran for the door and the second I opened it Danny was standing there he gave me a wink, pushed me into the wall, and injected me in the neck with something.

I woke up laying in a bed that was in a light purple room with pictures lining the walls most of which were of Chase his wife and their daughter Olivia. I looked out the room and saw it was snowing, like real snow, not the ground up ice they had at almost every winter festival back home. The strange thing was that it was the middle of March the last time I checked. I sat up and was met with a wave of dizziness and when I was finally able to stand I started to walk around the house and since there was no one in the other two bedrooms down stairs, kitchen, living room, or dining room I checked upstairs and found no one in the two bedrooms or Tv/ Olivia's playroom. I heard what sounded like someone at the door and ran back downstairs into the room I woke up in. I heard chase walking towards the door and after getting myself together I opened it. "good morning girlie" he said smiling. I asked what was going on and he said, "Nick just got paranoid about something" like it was stupid for him to worry about me. I followed him to the kitchen and sat down at the table, and he gave me a glass of water then asked me if I was feeling okay. Then Julia asked if I was hungry which I was then she heated up a plate that was in the fridge then asked if I was okay with staying there for a while. I answered yes then Olivia ran in giving me a hug almost knocking me over. She had gotten so big since I saw her last and that was Christmas.

I spent the next week chilling, playing with Liv, and relaxing with Abby. Nick called twice making sure I was okay and Danny popped in a few times. From what Danny 'didn't' tell me they were working for an extremely dangerous person and they were Rich enough to hire all of them even Chase. When Nick walked in the first thing he did was kiss me, his lips were warm and soft I felt like I was melting from the waist down as he pulled me away I felt like the breath was being sucked out of me. then Liv practically tackled him he gave her a hug and I then I saw Danny and Brey hugging outside with Danny lifting her feet off the ground after they were done liv went in for her hug pushing Danny into the snow. We ate dinner and after Olivia went to sleep Nick and I retreated in to my room. Inside he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me "I'm sorry about all of this" he said and I told him that it was okay. We kissed once or twice or a few times I felt my feet lift off the ground and next the cold sheets touching my skin. I felt how warm his chest and back was, then his cool and hair between my fingers and how wonderful the tingle up my spine felt.

When I woke up I was alone underneath the sheets and couldn't seem to find any of my clothes. When Nick walked in he was wearing a solid black dress shirt, jeans, and boots, and was carrying a suitcase and bag in one hand and a bathrobe in the other. He handed me the bathrobe and tossed both bags on the bed. "So where are you going" I asked putting on the robe, and he sat on the bed and opened the bag. "can't tell me uh" I said with a sigh, he answered me by taking two guns that were already in there holsters out of his bag and strapping one to each side of his waist. I and asked what was in the suitcase expecting that he wasn't going to give an answer, but he said that since we or I was going to be here for a while that I would need some more clothes. I asked how long a while was going to be and he told me that he didn't know then strapped a knife to the back of his waist band next putting a few magazines in his pocket.

Then he turned to me and asked how he looked. I told him that he looked nice and that he needed a jacket. I gave him a kiss and he kissed me back I sort of melted again I started at the knot of my robe and he took my hand and put something in it and pulled away and said, "God I love you." Without skipping a beat, I said I love you too. Then he asked, "do you mind wearing that for me" pointing at my hand, and after looking at the diamond ring that was in my hand I said yes and kissed him. Then I asked if this was for real and he said that it was if I wanted it to be. I kissed him again then he said that if anyone asks we have been engaged for about a month or longer. I agreed to his terms and then there was a knock at the door. Brey, Chase, and Danny they were dressed like Nick with slight differences. Brey's jacket came to her mid-thigh and was wearing lace up ankle boot that had a three-inch heel, Danny was carrying a bag, and Chase was wearing dress pants. "Let's go we're already running late" Chase said tossing Nick a jacket I kissed him again and the four of them walked out.

Two days later Abby got a call from Chase and kept shooting me a worried look then she wrote down some stuff, hung up and made another call. I didn't get off the couch until I heard her say my address then she handed me the phone and told me to give them the pass code to Nicks gun room. I was scared that this was a test put she had this look like it was a life or death type of thing, so I told them the code "zero-four-two-three-zero-seven-one-nine" the voice said thank you and that the package will be there in thirty-six ours. Then Julia took the phone back and mouthed the words thank you and told them Brey's address and said that there wasn't anything to worry about then hung up. I asked her that was going on and she told me not to worry and that we were all moving.

The next thing I knew I was helping her pack her and Olivia's stuff up then I was in the car being taken to god knows where for a reason that Abby didn't know. When we stopped for gas I asked her where we were going and she told me that chase had bought a house in Tennessee and that where we were moving there. The house was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by woods at the top of a mountain with a road that was barely big enough for one car. Once we got up there I realized that the house was a lot bigger that we thought there were a total of eight bed rooms spread across the three levels of the home and everything was already fully furnished. One in the basement which looked like a mancave with a bedroom and bathroom. The ground floor was home to a guest bedroom and bathroom on one side, the kitchen, dining, and living room, then three more bedrooms that shared two bathrooms. The second level had two bedrooms that shared a bathroom and the master bedroom and bathroom. These were all things that were at their old house then there was the rest of the property. Behind the house was a nice outdoor living area with a pool and a ten-car garage, and there was a treehouse that Olivia seemed really excited about. Half a mile away from the house there was a helicopter, landing pad, and two strangely large sheds. I went inside one and it was very creepy and was giving me torture room vibes with blood stains on the floor and chains hanging from the rafters. When I got back to the main house I realized that you couldn't even see that it existed through the trees and distance.

The next morning, we woke up to someone at the door after Julia answered it, and string of guys carrying boxes came in. Abby directing them where to put everything by what address it came from all the stuff from Nick and I's apartment went into one of the rooms down stairs, the stuff from Brey's apartment into another, and some stuff from some place in North Dakota in another I guess that was Danny's stuff but I wasn't sure. Then they asked where to put these big cases they had that were obviously filled with all the weapons, and she directed them to the sheds, showed them the dirt road that lead down there, and they put everything in the not creepy shed. Then we spent the next three days unpacking everything and Olivia was even nice enough to help us in reward for pizza which sound great for me. everything was so far away I almost wished I could fly the helicopter. After we took thirty minutes driving to the closest grocery store and two hours of shopping then another drive back we were greeted by Chase, Danny, Brey, and Nick. Then things seemed a little more normal Nick was home with me at least twice a week and I felt like I wasn't all alone when he was gone. When I finally got another phone I told Katie, Josh, Denis, and Amber that I was fine and that I was engaged then they told me how Sabrina was saying that I was dead and how Nick killed me. After I talked to them Denis just stopped talking to me and the rest of them I guess I read that wrong but since then everything has been great.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 1.6K 43
I aburtly stand from my bed when I heard my apartment door opening with a 'THUD' sound.I quickly run to the front room only to see a guy sucking a bl...
Atomic Woman By Shellrod

Science Fiction

17.5K 619 31
All of the thugs layed on the floor unconcious. I did it! The hostages stood there, staring at me in shock. News helicopters flew around the building...
294 0 2
Certainly I was startled at seeing her there, but my hand kept pumping and gazing at her sexy body was enough to trigger my orgasm. I groaned as my f...
575 87 28
I ducked my head, thinking about the risk I was about to take. I was breathing quickly. I looked around, making sure people weren't around--and jumpe...