Caught In Between

By codenamesummer

Summer Kent was madly in love with his childhood friend Justin Hudson when she was saved by him when they wer... More

Chapter 1 - Holding on to him
Chapter 2 - Meeting Jeremy
Chapter 3 - The Deal
Chapter 4 - Oh! My Justin
Chapter 5 - Friends
Chapter 6 - The "tutor" thing
Chapter 7 - My First Kiss
Chapter 8 - What a bummer!
Chapter 10 - I Don't Care
Chapter 11- Is This Just A Dream?

Chapter 9 - Going on a different direction

112 3 4
By codenamesummer

Here's the summary of Justin's POV. 

You asked for it, so here it goes...

I hope you like it! xD

CHAPTER 9 – GOING ON A DIFFERENT DIRECTION

Justin’s POV:

I was forced to go back in this old town. I don’t want to be here. Life in the Upper East Side is the best. Nothing makes me feel welcome in this town. My parents told me that this is where we really lived a long time ago. What the hell. I really don’t remember living in this old town. I didn’t have any memory that I was here. Worst of all, I’m stuck here with Jeremy and I have to go to a new school.

I know I don’t have any problems regarding transferring to a new school because I’m always so popular. Wherever I go, girls dig me. Everyone praises me, I think that’s because I’m good at everything I do. One thing I hate is, being compared to Jeremy. Why? We are both very different individuals, especially in terms of social status. Ever since we were young, it was always me that people recognizes. I’m very proud of that but I think he thought of something to be recognized: he’s trying so hard in being a nerd to make me look like the jerk and the bad guy here. I hate him for that.

I didn’t expect that making people to be my followers would be this easy. It was the first day of school and I had chicks already following me like a lost puppy. I joined Football club and they were all like my army. They became my instant friends. Whenever I walk in the school campus, random girls would look at me and call my name. You really can’t blame me for having this kind of confidence. They built it.

I was eating lunch in the cafeteria with my friends and chicks. We were all loud and making fun of the loser dude at the try-outs. People in the cafeteria were looking at us. I feel so mighty. On second thought, I might like it in here. I saw this girl looking at me and I winked at her. I saw her gushing with her friend. Yes, that was everyone’s reaction, whenever they see me.

I opened my locker in the men’s gym locker. Let me tell you this, it was flooded with love letters and chocolates. Wow. How did they manage to get here? Girls aren’t allowed to go here. I am winning, Jeremy. Everyone loves me. During class dismissal, I usually hang out with my Football friends at the bar where them college girls at and bring them in our house for some intimate interactions.

A few weeks later, I was voted as the captain of the football team and that made me landing on the front page of the school’s newspaper. I was feeling superior in here. Unlike in the Upper East Side, I have some rivals. After being voted as the captain of the football team, Jeremy was also voted as the Student’s council president. I was really pissed. I didn’t saw that coming. I thought I was at the center of the center in this school.

During lunch, we were at our usual table in the cafeteria. When suddenly my buddy, Kyle asked, “Hey man, we never really knew you had a brother”

“Oh shut up, Kyle. Who cares?” I said in a pissed tone.

“I care. You never introduced us to him” the blonde chick seating next to me said. I really can’t remember her name, I think its Vanessa.

“Well, I don’t Vanessa. Who do you want to be with? Me or him?” I said my blood starts to boil inside.

“It’s Veronica. Of course, it would still be with you even though he’s good looking too” Vanessa said flirtatiously.

“Whatever, Vanessa!” I said one more word about him and I’ll explode.

“Yo Justin! Why don’t we let your brother join our team? I think he will do well for our team. He’s got the brains. What do you think?” said Joshua smirking.

“I agree! I think that dude Jeremy is really smart, I have History class with him and he’s nothing compared to you man!” said Felix he laughed but nobody did.

 “You don’t know anything about us! So don’t go comparing me to my brother!” that’s all I can say and I walked away from the table. I was so pissed at them that I’d want to punch them this instant. I fished my car keys in my pocket and I drove my Black Jaguar away from that school, I went to the nearest bar and drunk there all by myself. It was the only way to escape.

The next day, I was still furious. I don’t want to see any of my friend’s faces that I decided not hanging out with them today. I went to the rooftop for I know nobody ever goes there. If you’re wondering why, well I used to see some scenarios on TV that the place where nobody goes is the rooftop. I went there just staring at the sky, thinking nothing. I was distracted when the door banged open. I turn to look and it was an exhausted girl.

“Hi” I said in a lousy way.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” said the girl in a rather soft voice as she stands there.

“I should be the one asking you that, why would a pretty girl like you go here when you should be down there with some guys” I said while checking her out. She was pretty hot although not the bitchy type.

““Well..uhmm..I ahh..I just go here sometimes, just to clear off my mind. How about you? This is the rarest place you would see Justin Hudson.” She said flashing a smile. Wow it really got me. Her smile is so genuine.

“Well, just like you, I sometimes need to clear off my mind too and have some quiet time to myself.” I said smiling back at her.

““Oh, I’m sorry...I didn’t mean to ruin your quiet time for yourself” she said shyly. I can see her face turn pink and upset. I smile inside for she was so endearing.

No. I am not going to be distracted with that smile. This is my game. I’m used to play this kind of games. I grabbed her face bringing it close to mine; kissing her is more like Justin Hudson.

“No, it’s okay. Having someone here is cool especially if it’s you.” I said flirtatiously. Seducing is my thing. I’m so used to this but she turn around. How could she? Nobody dared to do that to me. I was surprised by her reaction.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that” I said looking surprised.

“I understand, it’s not like every girl in this school is crazy about you” she said putting sarcasm in it. Wow this girl will make me nuts. She’s the first girl to say such thing to me. She must really hate guys like me.

"Whoa Miss, you are the first girl who resisted my charms. By any chance, do you hate men? Are you a tomboy?” I said narrowing my eyes. She makes me curious about her. I want to know more about this girl.

“No, I’m absolutely and 100 percent sure that I am not a tomboy, it’s just...I’m not like other girls who are swooned off of their feet with just a smile of yours.” She said. I was awestruck by this girl. She’s nothing like other girls. Who is she? I want to know her.

“Wow. I didn’t saw that coming. Can I know the name of this beautiful girl that I haven’t swept off her feet?” I asked her trying to look casual.

“It’s Summer. Summer Kent” she said shyly. Summer. Summer Kent. Summer? Why does that name makes my heart beat faster?

“Summer? Hmm…Summer Kent?? I mumbled. I didn’t realize I spoke out my thoughts a little bit.

“Why? Does that name ring a bell?” she asked looking excited and all. Yes, it does and I don’t know why.

“Nope but Summer, Wow. What a beautiful name it fits you perfectly.” I said pretending not to be familiar with it because it’s too gay to say that I felt that connection with her. I don’t want to continue feeling this way so I’ve got to end this.

“So Summer, I’d really love to hang out with you but I have to go now.” I said as I kissed her hand.

“Ohh...okay. It was really nice meeting you, Mr. Justin Hudson.” She said casually. Wow. She is really something. No! No! Play it cool. I waved good bye to her and I proceeded to go to class.       

After a few days, my friends apologized to me and I forgave them, for I’m nothing without them and I really can’t concentrate during our Football practice.

One day, I went home right after class dismissed. I don’t know why but I don’t feel like going today. I was in my room wearing some oversized shirt and some baggy shorts. I know what you’re thinking, it’s so not me but this are the kinds of clothes I feel comfortable at. I was listening to Metallica on my iPod when Candice stormed inside my room.

“What are you doing?” I asked her.

“Read me a story, Justin” she said demandingly.

“Why don’t you ask your goody-goody brother, Jeremy?” I said making faces.

“He said he was busy today and he said to stay in my room” She said as she frowns.

“Stay here” I said to her and I got up to check on that doofus. I saw him going to his room with a girl. Whoa. Since when did he do something like that? That was so not him. What’s up with it this time? Was he challenging me?

I went to my room in the veranda, ‘cause from my room’s veranda, you can totally have a good angle of his room. I saw the girl opened the door outside the veranda. I looked closely and recognized it was the girl at the rooftop. I forgot her name but it was So..Su..Sandy! I think? Then Jeremy went outside to, he was so near to her. He must’ve liked her.

Then it came up to me, he wants to challenge me? Challenge accepted. I will show him how bad-ass of a brother I can be. I will make this Sandy fall in love with me and show Jeremy, that I’ll always win no matter what. I ignored Candice and continue to lie down on my bed, thinking nothing.

The next day, I planned it so well, if I were to make that girl fell in love with me, I have to more like Jeremy. For from my point of view, she doesn’t dig the Justin type of guy. How unfortunate for her. I wore a green striped long sleeve shirt and cardigan pants that I bought yesterday.

I ate lunch a little early and went to the rooftop, hoping for her appearance. I was standing there, leaning on the railings, when luckily, I heard her voice.

“Justin?” she said in a soft voice. She sounds surprised. Didn’t we meet here before?

“Why do you look so surprised? Yes! I know I’d found you here” I said in a tone of relief.

“You look really different today. You usually wear your varsity jacket, right?” she said. Now she sounds like my fans.

“You know, you really sound like you’re always watching me” I chuckled and winked at her, trying to get her with my charms. She must’ve liked me but was playing hard to get. Don’t you worry, whether easy or hard to get, Justin always gets what he wants.

“Of course not, it’s not like you’re the only jock that usually wear those jackets.” She said calmly. I know your little trick. I’m going to make you fall for me and make that Jeremy cry home to mama. I was laughing inside me.

“Makes sense. Do you want to know why I’m wearing this kind of clothes?” I said as I smile seductively. Now, it’s my turn to play.

“Why?” she asks.

“Because there was this girl that I met, a couple of days ago and the thing is I can’t get her off my mind, she’s not like other girls…first, I thought she’s a tomboy but there’s something on the way she smiles, it makes me want to kiss- no, makes me want to smile too” I said looking at her, I noticed that she was not looking directly into my eyes, like she was distracted. Is something wrong with my face?

 “And did you happen to know her?” I said while staring at her face. Not a clue that I was distracted too.

“No, I don’t think so. Who’s she? She must be so lucky” she said. Now she turned around and leaned over the railings. There she is, playing all hard to get.

“I’m not saying who she is. I’d leave the guessing to you” I said moving close towards her. This is the best time to kiss her so she’ll know that I like her. I think she flinched in panic. Wow. Classic.

“You really look like Jeremy, wearing those clothes” she said out of the blue when I was about to kiss her. I felt my blood boiling hot. Like, a bomb that was triggered. I can’t pretend not to be angry at that time, I don’t know why then without hesitation, I shouted at her,

“Why do people always compare us? We really don’t have anything in common in terms of social status. Besides, he’s a dick so don’t go comparing me to him!” I exclaimed. I don’t know what’s happened to me but it just happened, like my alter ego got really really mad.

“I’m- I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…” she said backing away from me. Then she rushed to the door leaving me there all alone. After a few minutes, that’s when I realized, I shouldn’t have said that. I know this wasn’t part of the plan but when she said those words, it hit me. Why does she have to mention his name when she’s with me? It makes me feel like she was thinking of him when she was with me.

I went back to class after what have happened. I think I owe Sandy an apology. I should do that. If I want this to work, I have to lower my pride and ego.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 7.2K 22
A summer like any summer. But then there's this boy. Then there's his brother... © copyright 2016. ẍ
69.3K 1.6K 19
Brooklyn was in a car accident that could have killed her. The only reason she is alive is because of a heroic teenage boy named Ethan Dolan. ...
1.9K 5 28
Shawn the most popular guy at school and Cameron Shawn's best friend fall hard for the hottest most popular girl at school. She falls for both of the...
3.2K 11 14
Humans have a way of finding home in odd places. This is especially true for the six students of Adam High School, who lost their parents within week...