End of the Road • D. Swing

Από MalaijahSanaa

{Book Two} It's been two years since DeVanté's incident and Morgan has moved to California. Expect MORE drama... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1 | Back to the Start
Chapter 2 | Fangirl
Chapter 3 | Where is She
Chapter 4 | Watch Out
Chapter 5 | Friends
Chapter 6 | She's Back
Chapter 7 | Not Right Now
Chapter 8 | A Day With Him
Chapter 8.5 | A Day With Him
Chapter 9 | Confused
Chapter 10 | Baby Mama Drama
Chapter 11 | Injured
Chapter 12 | A New Me
Chapter 13 | Rude Brother
Chapter 14 | Invitation
Chapter 15 | The Party
Chapter 17 | For You
Chapter 18 | Protection
Chapter 19 | Fiest Time
Chapter 20 | Nothing New
Chapter 21 | Can't Be
Chapter 22 | Positive
Chapter 22 | Tell Him
Chapter 23 | WTF
Chapter 23 | Done For Good
Q&A

Chapter 16 | Running Away

1.2K 89 125
Από MalaijahSanaa

Morgan

Bria and I had been dancing for a while and and my feet were killing me. "Aye, you want to sit down?" I asked her. "My feet hurt."

"Mine do, too," she said. "I'm thirsty, let's go to the kitchen."

As we made our way to the kitchen, we passed by DeVanté, he was still sitting down on the couch with those two dudes. I made brief eye contact with the brown skin boy next to him, who's name I do not know.

"Don't be drinking none of this punch, ain't no telling what's in it," I said while analyzing the bowl of red punch.

"Trust me, I know better," Bria said before grabbing a can of Dr. Pepper and opening it. She put the can to her mouth and took a sip. "I wonder who's house this is, it's big as hell."

"No one actually lives here. It's just one of the houses Andre has, specifically to host parties," I informed her.

She scrunched up her face at me. "Who the fuck is Andre?"

"Um... Andre Harrell... the founder of Uptown Records... The guy Jodeci works for..." I said in a 'duh' tone of voice.

She stared at me for a moment before her eyes lit up in realization. "Oh! The dude that was talking on the microphone a while ago. The one with them glasses, right?"

"Yes, Bri. That would be him," I said causing her to laugh at her own slowness.

Dumbass. 🙄

That boy that was with DeVanté came into the kitchen and went to the refrigerator, grabbing a bear. He noticed me and slightly smiled.

I politely smiled back. "Hey," I said.

"Hey," he said. "I'm Static."

Aaaawwww he got a cute little voice. ☺️

He held his hand out for me to shake. I shook it. "I'm Morgan," I said.

He looked over at Bria and nodded his head at her. "What's up."

"Hey," Bria said with a toothy smile.

I raised my eyebrow at her before looking at the Static guy. "Well, um, see you around," I said and started walking out of the kitchen.

"You want her number, don't you?" I heard Bria ask him as I walked away. I didn't hear him say anything. "Aaaawww, you smiling!" she yelled. By the sound of her voice, I could tell she had a goofy ass grin plastered on her face.

"Damn, why you talkin' so loud?" I heard Static ask. I chuckled at how country he sounded.

"Cause you know you want that girl digits," Bria said a little less loudly.

Bria, I swear if you give that boy my number... 😑

I walked to the dance floor where I heard someone call my name. I looked over to see Tionne walking towards me. "Done arguing with Dalvin?" I asked her.

She rolled her eyes. "I was only wasting my breath anyway, it ain't like he was listening to me."

I chuckled, knowing what she meant. There would be plenty of times where DeVanté wouldn't listen to me. Well, I'm sure Dalvin wasn't listening simply because he didn't care about what Tionne was saying. DeVanté wouldn't listen to me simply because he's crazy as hell and literally can't help but to only hear what he wants to hear.

"Oh yeah, De said he need to talk to you," Ti said.

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. "DeVanté needs to talk to me?" I asked.

"Nawl, DeVanté need to talk to you," she said sarcastically. "Now come on."

She grabbed my arm and dragged me through the crowd of people to where DeVanté was. He was standing next to the DJ, who was mixing Ain't My Type of Hype by Full Force. DeVanté was probably telling him to "cut that shit off and play some Jodeci."

"Okay," Tionne said before letting go of my arm. "Just a heads up, you might want to lay your edges down if they not laid already."

Not understanding what she meant by that, I scrunched up my face in confusion. She simply gave me a pat on the shoulder and walked away, leaving me to deal with the sexy crazy ass by myself.

I suddenly felt a single arm wrap around my waist, causing me to jump. I looked up to see DeVanté. "You didn't think you was just gone come to my party and only exchange a few words with me, did you?" he asked.

He spoke lowly to where only I could hear him, which made his voice deeper. This was the closest our bodies had been in forever and it felt a little weird.

"N-no... I knew you wouldn't let me get away with that anyway." I nervously laughed.

He smiled and glanced around before looking back at me. "Can we go somewhere quiet to talk?"

"Talk about what?" I asked.

Without saying anything, he started walking towards the stairs. His arm was still around my waist, so I had no choice but to walk with him. He led me to a room and opened the door.

He walked into the room and plopped down on the bed. I stood in the doorway and looked at him. "Well ain't you gone come in," he asked.

"Oh, yeah," I said before walking in.

"Close the door," he said.

I closed the door and walked over to him, sitting down on the bed. He took of his shades revealing his entire face, he was so fine.

Damn. 😳

^😍😍🤤💘^

It was silent, you could hear the both of us breathing. From my peripheral vision, I could see DeVanté staring at me. I looked at him and sure enough, he was looking at me.

"Why you so nervous?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"Huh?" he playfully mocked me before smiling. "You seem scared or something." His smile caused my body to loosen up a bit.

I smiled and looked down at the floor. He gently touched my chin and made me look up at him. "I prefer eye contact," he said.

I didn't say anything. I just looked into his eyes, which was probably a bad idea.

"We haven't talked in a while." He stared at me for a moment. "Why is that?"

I looked away from him, not knowing what to say. I had been purposely avoiding him and he knew it. Before this moment, I was certain it was because I was over him, I wanted to forget about him, and I wanted to move on with my life. But now, I realized that wasn't true. I wasn't over DeVanté, I didn't want to forget about him, and I didn't want to move on with my life neither.

"Just forgot about old DeVanté huh?" he asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry..." I finally spoke quietly, not looking at him.

"It's cool," he said. "I'm used to it."

I looked at him, he was looking down at the floor. Guilt rushed over me as I realized how mean I was actually being. It sounds childish, but it wasn't right to just cut him off the way I did.

I was running away. I don't know what I was running away from, but it was something.

Vote
Comment

Thanks for reading!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

6.8K 219 15
"It happened on accident.. like a drug she infiltrated my body one nerve at a time until there was no more fightin the infection of her affection. I...
16.2K 494 27
DeVante Marcellus Degrate Jr was everything like his father and plus more...He loved pretty women and Timidity Wise was the gem he wanted and needed...
58.4K 1.9K 24
imagines based on the best songs in the universe!
69.5K 3.6K 22
{Book One} Morgan, a regular normal teenage girl in high school. DeVanté, that sexy light skin of Jodeci. Despite being judged because of age differe...