You Missed Your Chance

By tala_S

Sara Overstreet wanted nothing more than Hayden's Love, but in high school nothing every turns out the way yo... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty -Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Chapter Twenty-Four {The End}

You Missed Your Chance

31.5K 492 56
By tala_S

© 2013, Tala S

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher. 

________________________________________________________________________

Prologue

“He’s staring at you again,” Belle whispered from beside me.

I glanced at the table in front of us to see Hayden’s piercing blue eyes looking at me. as soon as we made eye contact he looked away. My heart skipped a beat, was he really looking at me?

It’s been over half a year now with the two of us sharing these glances. ever since that hiking trip we took last summer break with me, Belle, belle’s boyfriend Chris, Travis, Zoe and Hayden things were a little different.

We would smile at each other, or I sometimes catch him looking my way; but we never talked. The fact that he was a senior in high school and I a lowly joiner did have the annoying effect that we didn’t run in the same crowd. The only connection we had was that my best friend was dating his.

At first I just ignored those glances because come on i had nothing special going for me. I was plain; I had dark brown hair with matching brown chocolaty eyes, and a normal healthy girl’s figure. I was the definition of average.

Yet here was the hottest guy in our school paying the slightest attention to me. I thought about asking Belle to ask Chris, if Hayden was interested in me in anyway. Because the truth is I had the biggest crush on him. I mean who wouldn’t he was hot!

He had a perfectly molded body with a defined six pack. Gorgeous blue eyes that you could melt in, and the light brown hair that you just want to run your fingers through. But the idea of asking Chris if Hayden was into me was out of the question.

What if he wasn’t? I would make a complete fool of myself in front of everyone.

So this is the only thing I could do, just sit here every day in front of him the cafeteria and give him shy looks. I felt like a total loser for obsessing over him, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

“Why don’t you just talk to him?” Belle asked as we got up and headed for our fourth period.  “Come on Sara, you obviously like him. What’s the worst he could do?” I turned around to face her and sighted.

“Well he could laugh in my face, or gag at the idea of us dating, or he could just walk away,” I stated all the options and gave her a tight smile.

She just shook her head at me and her green eyes locked on mine. “Or he could say that he actually likes you, too. Why can’t you just be positive for once?” I shrugged my shoulder and went into class.

Three hours later and I was washing the dishes, while Zoe and Belle painted their toes by the kitchen table.

“Wow thank you so much for helping me, no don’t get up all just do all the washing,” I said sarcastically as I reached for the last dish. They both just ignored me completely; until Belle’s phone rang and she quickly answered it.

“Yeah, okay... Sounds great…. We will be there in an hour… love you too babe,” she hung up the phone and jumped up, with a huge grin plastered on her face.

I started shaking my head as soon as I saw the puppy dog face slip on, I knew where this was heading and I wanted no part in it.

“Come on Chris’s having a party we have to go! Please Sara do this for me… pretty please,” she pouted at me.

“Yeah Sara pretty please,” Zoe joined in.

“Fine, fine. But I’m not driving your drunk as home got it,” I warned as I headed up stairs to change, with Zoe and Belle skipping along behind me.

The party was the definition of crazy when we got there. Chris’s house was huge with a pool in the back and a basketball court. The music was loud and the people were wasted.

I parked my car in the drive way and we all got out heading to the front door. As we walked we received a lot of whistles and smiles from the guys. I’m sure the fact that we all were wearing short dresses showing a lot of cleavage helped.

The navy blue dress I was wearing was so tight that I was sure it would rip of me if I moved, but Zoe insisted I wear it for tonight.

We got inside and Chris was there to greet us with open arms.

“Wow! You ladies look Hot!” he said putting a hand around Belle and guiding her of leaving me with Zoe.

“I’m gonna go hit the dance floor, I think I see Tom and mama wants to get it on with him,” she winked at me before heading over to the dance floor.

I looked around to see if I recognized anyone, but I noticed that they were all seniors which meant I was alone for the night. I made my way to the kitchen to get a drink from the fridge when I came face to face with a pair of bright blue eyes. My heart started racing as I looked at him, I didn’t know what to say.

“Hey,” he said giving me on of his signature heart melting smiles.

“Uh, h-hey,” I replied.

“How’s it going?” he asked. Okay act cool Sara. You can do this! Don't be a loser!

“I’m good, you?” I smiled back. Great job, just stay calm.

“I’m good, too. Are you having fun?” wow he still didn’t run away.

“Yeah, I actually just got here, but these thirty seconds were a blast,” I joked and he actually laughed.

“Well that’s good to hear,” he’s smile widened. “Do you want to get a drink?” he asked and my heart stopped. I just nodded my head and followed him as he led the way to the kitchen.

He grabbed us both a beer, but he didn’t hand it to me instead he kept moving to the backyard door. I just followed and closed the door behind us as we got outside. It was quitter out here; there were only a few people about.

“Here you go,” he said handing me the beer and then taking a sip of his.

“Thank you,” I drank a sip of mine and just stood there watching him gulp down his.

“So I guess you’re wondering why I lead you outside?” he said turning his fully body to face me. it was dark outside, but the moon gave me enough light to see his face.

“I just assumed you wanted to kill me and berry my body. Don’t tell me I was wrong?” I teased and he laughed.

“Well not yet, but don’t worry it’s definitely on my list,” he teased back, I smiled as I took a sip from my beer.

“Hey can I ask you something? It’s more like a favor really,” he said nervously as he scratched the back of his head. Something I noticed he did a lot when he was anxious.

“We’ve known each other for five minutes and you’re already asking me for a favor?” I said, arching my eyebrow at him.

“I-I’m sorry that was very…” he rambled on, which made him look so cute.

“Hayden, I’m joking. What’s the favor?” I asked, he gave me a small smile.

“Well I like this girl, but I’m too shy to ask her out,” okay Sara this was what you were waiting for.

“I’m pretty sure she likes you too,” I said shyly and he looked into my eyes. The fact that I wanted him to get it over with and just ask me out grew. Still I waited patiently for him to do so.

“Really?” I just nodded my head. “Zoe said she likes me?” at those few words my heart stopped.

Zoe? He liked Zoe? I just looked at him in shock, I was speechless. I was waiting for him to ask me out; when in reality he wanted one of my best friends!

“I-I don’t know if she likes you,” my voice shook as I spoke. I wanted to cry, curl up into a ball and cry.

“Oh, well can you ask her if she’s interested in going out with me. You see I couldn’t really work up the nerve to ask her myself, so I thought that maybe you could help me out. I felt I was like a stalker always looking over at your table trying to get her attention,” he smiled crookedly at me.

“Yeah, I’ll ask her,” I gave him a tight smile. Because really I couldn’t confess my love to him after he told me the truth.  All this time I thought he wanted me when he was really just after my friend. My heart was breaking, the only thing I ever wanted was him and I couldn’t have him.

I turned around and walked back to the party, not caring if he wanted to talk some more.

For a few minutes he made me feel as though I actually meant something to someone.

But the truth is he will never know how much I loved him… 

*****************************************************************************

 Check out my New Story "Wanted"... it's a drama/romance/teen-fic kinda story. (not a cliche)

Author's Notes: this story is some what true, but the names and some events are made up. But the crush was real.

I hope you enoy it :D Comment , Vote please and thank you XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lie is Just a Word By Lena

Mystery / Thriller

236 10 20
A young teen was found dead, murdered at a party Everyone around had a motive. The only question is who actually did it. Truth, the word that cuts...
3.5M 72.4K 36
At age 16, Alex's heart was broken severely by the only boy she felt loved her. Now she's back and he left an everlasting change. She's dropped the g...
5.6K 515 53
Life as she knows it is about to turn upside-down, knocking on her door is death, love and lies. ~~ Victoria's life takes a drastic turn the night he...
505 3 29
And there he was. Looking right at me with an astonishment look on his face. His lips parted slightly, his face drained away with no color. His haz...