Mermaids and Vampires

By Juffin_is_here

Mermaids and Vampires have clashed for centuries. When Dylan moves to a small town by the ocean and has a str... More

Prologue
1: Slipping Through the Shaddows
2: A Dark Mess
3: Something New
4: First days
5: A New Kind of Hell
6: That Night On The Beach ~ pt.1
7: That Night On The Beach ~ pt. 2
8: House of Nightmares
9: Close Encounter
10: Unsettling Idiosyncrasies
11: A Twist on the Unusual
12: Morning in the Woods
13: Home
14: Fallout
16: Dinner and Decisions
17: The Search Begins
18: Car Shopping
19: Strange Happenings
20: An Interesting Night
21: Caught in Memories
22: Spilt Blood
23: Drowning
24: Awakening
25: Collapse
26: Missing
27: Nightfall
28: Questions and Answers
29: Into The Ground
30: Spiralling Downwards
31: Alone in Company
32: Breakaway
33: Arrival in Creepsville
34: Discovery
35: The Bait
36: Pure Terror
37: A Visitor
38: Bonfires
39: Surprises
40: Ocean View
41: The Spark
42: Sunset
43: Turbid Water
44: Talk Talk
45: Breakout
46: Fire
47: Reunion
48: A Change In Plans
49: Onward
50: War Paint
51: On the Dock
52: Back from the Dead
53: A Storm Begins
54: Refusal
55: Arrival
56: A Follower
57: Blindside
58: Caught
59: Betrayal
60: Trouble
61: Hunters
62: Nightwalk
63: A Revelation
64: A Plan
65: The Clash
66: Time
67: Regret
68: Confrontation
69: Moments
70: The End
Epilogue
Note to Readers: Mermaids and Vampires Sequel

15: Work

5.1K 264 11
By Juffin_is_here

~~~~DYLAN~~~~

It's Saturday morning. I'm woken up by a loud knock on my bedroom door.

I roll over, groaning, looking at my alram clock. It's 5:30 in the gaddamn morning.

The knock comes again.

"What is it?" I shout.  

The door opens and my Dad pops his head in.

"Get up." He says.

"It's five thirty." I groan.

"I'm getting you a job," he says, "Now get dressed."

He tosses a shirt at me and leaves the room. I pick it up and read the company logo "Big Joe's Fisheries" printed on the front of the grey shirt.

Struggling to keep my eyes open, I pull it over my head. After getting all of my clothes on I head downstairs, unimpressed.

Dad's waiting at the door, shoes already on.

"Hurry up, we're going to be late." He says.

"I thought I was gonna get a job in the summer." I complain.

"I decided you would benefit from a little extra work. It's just on weekends, so it won't interfere with your school." He says.

I finish putting on my shoes and open the door.

"The sun isn't even up yet." I mutter, too quiet for him to hear.

We get into his truck and drive into town, rolling past the wide and expansive ocean.

The fishing port is crouded and bustling with people, boats, nets, all at the hour of six o'clock A.M.

I tag along behind my Dad, walking along the dock past rusty fishing boats and their captains, preparing for the long day ahead.

We walk into a small office, located in a wooden building just off the dock.

My Dad greets the man behind the desk and he introduces me.

"This is my son, Dylan." He says.

The man extends his hand over the desk and I shake it.

"Nice to meet you, Dylan." He mutters.

"I'd like to get him in on some weekend shifts." Dad says.

"Sure, sure. Just leave him with me and I'll get him started, if he's starting today." The man says, eyeing my shirt.

"That'd be great. Alright Dylan, best of luck." He pats me on the shoulder on the way out.

I return my gaze to the grey haired man behind the desk, experienced but still fit. His hair is combed nicely and his chin is bare, unlike the scruffy bearded fishermen that lined the docks. He's wearing the same logoed shirt I am, only it's navy blue instead of grey.

"Okay, why don't we head out to the docks then?" He asks, getting up from his chair and walking around the deck.

We go outside into the warm air.

"My name's Mike and I'm the manager of Big Joe's Fisheries." He explains as we walk further down the dock. "What you're going to be doing today is all in-port work. We'll have you sending out and docking boats, carrying crates of fish to the freezers, and cleaning the decks of the vessils that aren't in use." 

He stops in front of a fishing boat. A couple people are moving around on it, tieing ropes and readying gear.

"Here's Carl," Mike says, waving. "Carl'll show you what all to do, won't you Carl?" He shouts so the guy can hear him.

"Right on." Carl responds, bounding across the deck of the boat and hopping onto the dock.

He's a young guy, maybe in his twenties, and he's pretty ripped.

"I'll leave you to it." Mike says, giving me a pat on the back before walking away.

Carl hops back onto the boat.

"Come on then." He calls. 

I smile and follow after him.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 170 24
She's practically Vampire royalty. He's one of the most well known Vampire Hunters. Will different sides keep them apart? TRIGGER WARNINGS Alcohol us...
16.8K 535 31
(The Others Series/Twilight Fanfic) It's been six years since the vampires converged on Forks to help the Cullens and life has settled back into norm...
63.2K 3.2K 73
A mermaid and mafia story Taekook ff Book 1 COMPLETED, still updating :) ------------ Sorry, I'm not good in description nor giving titles to my book...
52 2 15
The classic story: girl meets reclusive vampire in old house, they fall in love, and unexpectedly start a family. The thing the girl didn't expect wa...