It started with you

By asher_rose

"What's so bad about me? Why do you hate me so much!" I yell at him through my tears and his body stiffens. H... More

01. Goodbye
02. Memories
03. MY BROTHER?!
04. Truth or dare.
05. That was a threat
06. House of cards
07. Fresh start
08. Halloween
09. Perfect Timing
10. Tipsy?
11. This is asher
12. Real. Not real.
13. mommy dearest
14. I wonder if guys can PMS
15. Thanksgiving
16. On top
17. Harry who?
18. Sour Patch Kid
19. XOXO
20. New wardrobe
21. Three greek gods
199K READS!!!
22. All cleaned up
23.princess
24. Its not fine
26. Just a girl that likes a boy
27. Where were you
28. Youre with me
29. Youre not special
30. A tall glass of you.
31. I'll take good care of her
32. I want my bubby.
33. Im watching you baylor cambell
34. Surfing
35. Crack of lightning
36. That went to shit.
37. Hes hurting too
38. My girl
39. Birthdays and sex gods
40. Grunge rocker couple
41. You've got it bad.
42. Rosie
43. Soul mates
44. Heart in a box.
45. Understanding
46. Figure buster
47. Call me janis.
48. What are we
49. Dad?
50. Santa came!
51. Jump his bones.
52. Falling soft
53. With One comes the other.
54. Dont tease me
55. New beginnings
56. Take a look at my girlfriend.
Alternative Cliffhanger Ending Pt 1.
Alternative Cliffhanger Ending Pt.2
Book 2 and possible spinoffs
Book 2 published!!!
A letter to my fans

25. Distraction

32.9K 932 351
By asher_rose

Bay and drew^

-

"Bay you've been in this room all day come out to the beach."Leah whines as she barges into my room. Well mine and the boys room.

"No."I whine right back as she tries to drag me out of bed.

"Come on. Someone was wanting to take a walk with you."She says in a sing song voice while smiling at me and I just shake my head at her.

"Who?"

"Drew." She says and I can't help but to smile lazily. I bite my lip while contemplating the offer. But it doesn't take long, cause I mean, who can reject drew?

"Alright let me change." She claps her hands together and smiles triumphantly. This is Leah's way of making me feel better. She's like me when it comes to comforting people, we don't know how. So instead, we use distractions.

"Oh and wear something cute." She says before walking out and I can't help the butterfly's from erupting inside me.

I find my suitcase and grab a plain black cami and put it on. I grab my light washed, high waisted jean shorts, with decorative slits down the front and add a long sleeve shear black jacket that has little white wings all over it. I grab my sunglasses off the dresser and my wallet and head outside.

When I make it out of the beach house I see drew sitting down on the sand a few feet away.

He's wearing a black button up shirt and jeans that are rolled up a bit at the ends. He looks so perfect sitting there.

"Hey." I say lightly as I sit down beside him and he smiles at me.

"Didn't think Leah could actually get you out of that room....I figured you needed a bit of space."
I nod my head agreeing with him and look back out towards the crashing waves. They're peaceful and calm, and with the multicolored sky in the background everything seems so tranquil. I can imagine Kaylee sitting beside me on a day like this, she would be out surfing until her legs were jello and she physically couldn't surf anymore. She loved it.

"Yea. This just brought back too many memories at once." I say still staring at the waves while I replay memories of her in my head.

"I'm sorry about your sister." He says as he grabs my hand. My breath hitches in my throat and I can't tell if it's from him knowing about her or from him grabbing my hand.

"Thanks." I force a smile at him and he gives a sad one back. I know he was trying to comfort me, but it doesn't help.

"So would you be up to going out with me tonight?"

"Are you asking me out on a date drew?" I ask him and he shrugs while showing me his cute dimples.

"Maybe, it depends. Would you say yes?"

"Maybe it depends. Where are we going?" He stands up brushing himself off then offers me a hand.

"That's a secret." I smile and take his hand and we start walking towards the road.

"Alright it's not so much of a secret. There's this cool little bar down the road and it's karaoke night. I thought it would be fun."

"I love singing karaoke."

"Well let's see what you got shortcake."
He laughs as he leads me into a bar. I wonder if he can actually sing. I love singing and I know I'm not the greatest singer but I'm not bad.

After a short walk we arrive outside of a little bar called 'the tipsy singer' it's a small bar made of wood. As soon as we walk in we are standing on a multicolored dance floor and neon lights flash from every direction. To the right is the bar where men are ogling the women swaying their hips on the dance floor, and to the left are booths and tables set up for people to eat and talk.

"I'll go get us drinks and sign us up for karaoke what do you want to sing?"

"Hmm....good charlotte- the anthem."
I smile excitedly.

"I have no idea who that is."
Drew says and I instantly feel disappointed. I love that song.

"Okay...how about blink-182 - first date."

"Don't know that one either."
Ugh.

"Okay how about you pick a song and I'll probably know it"

"Free Falling, john Mayer?"

"Yea I know it."

"Alright awesome." I smile as he goes and signs us up to sing an extremely overplayed cover and I make my way into the rows of tables to find us an empty one.

I don't even care about the song. I'm just glad to get my mind off things and I'm sure Drew will be fun to hang out with. I'm excited to see where this night leads. Now that I think about it, this is the first date I've ever been on.

"We're up after them." Drew says as he sits down a cup next to me. I pick it up to take a drink but stop when I smell it.

"Is this alcohol?"I ask him and he smiles.

"Yep. I know a guy." I slide the cup off to the side. I don't feel like drinking.

"So did you go to my brothers old school?"

"Cameron?"
Shit.

"Uh yea." Fuck what did I do.

"I didn't know he was your brother, that's why he's so damn protective. I thought he was an ex boyfriend or something. I'm glad he's your brother."
I laugh at his silly accusations but I guess it would seem that way.

"Yea he's my brother but we don't tell people."

"Why not?"

"Just something I asked to keep a secret. It's complicated." He nods his head, but his eyebrows are still furrowed in confusion. I don't blame him. I'm hard to figure out.

"So am I the only one that knows?"

"Besides Leah and Ty, yea. I'm planning on telling Asher. I was going to today but I didn't get around to it I guess." His eyes flicker with emotion but is gone before I can read it and then he laughs.

"Of course you are." Now It's my turn to be confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask him slightly defensive.

"Shortcake and drew."A voice calls out and I roll my eyes at Drews name for me and the goofy grin he's now sporting.

"That's us."

"How come you didn't get a name?"

"You've only ever called me drew." He says. I don't really use nicknames for people. I mean I use to call Asher, dick or tight ass but not so much lately.

"I don't really use nicknames. Or pet names whatever you want to call it."

"Alright let's go sing." He smiles as he grabs my hand and we walk up to the stage. The song starts playing and we both start singing.

I'm actually really surprised how well he can sing. His voice is so husky and raspy when he belts out the major parts of the song and it makes him even sexier.

"Damn drew you can sing!"
I tell him after we get off the stage and he just throws his head back and laughs. But I'm being serious. He has a great voice.

"Thanks Bay you surprised me yourself. I honestly wasn't expecting you to sing so well."
We both laugh again as we head outside the bar. It's getting late and the only light is the street lights illuminating the dark sidewalk.

As we walk I feel like someone is watching me but when I look around nobody is there. I try to push the thought to the back of my mind. I'm probably just paranoid.

Once our feet hit the sand I feel Drews eyes on me so I look over at him. He's smiling at me mischievously. Realization hits me when I see his twinkling eyes look at the water and back at me and so I go to run away but he picks me up, throws me over his shoulder, and starts to carry me towards the water.

"Drew! No!"
I laugh as we head towards the crashing waves but I already know we're going in. I throw my wallet and phone down in the sand right before we hit the water and I laugh as he lets us both fall in.

When I resurface he's already standing up. His curly hair is pushed back out of his face and his emerald eyes are a darker green than usual as he walks closer to me. My heart pounds in my chest as he pushes my wet hair behind my ear.

I look down at his full pink lips and back up at his emerald eyes but their set on my lips. He leans in closer to me and then his lips land on mine.

I feel a slight intoxicating buzz erupt in the bottom of my stomach and I smile against his soft, beautiful, lips.

We pull apart but stay as close as possible, so close that our foreheads are almost touching. I look up into his eyes and the buzz in my stomach intensifies when I see the smile on his adoring face.

So I lean forward and kiss him once again, it takes a moment but he grabs my face and kisses me back.

-

A/N; Hey guys!:) what do you think about that? I love it when you comment!:) let me know your thoughts! Love you guys you are so amazing!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1.6K 33
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
9.6K 250 7
"there was money in your laugh, so babe, there's nothing else i could do" in which ethan edwards little sister is forced to room with four freshmen...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
28.5K 904 31
When Lena relocates to the small town of Ivywood, she just wants to finish high school and keep her head down. She doesn't imagine getting involved...