The Makeover

By Spg041

Ugly. That's what she was. And then a year later, she's stunningly beautiful. Beautiful is an understatement... More

The Makeover
Planning
Oh gosh
What NOT to Wear
Stupid Quiz
Hair and Makeup
Workout
Dieting
The comebacks
Use the force
Seductiveness
Partayy
I don't have a chapter name
First Day
Getting Nowhere
Sneakin Out
New Guy
Brusters and B*tches
A date with James
How interesting...
Baby pictures? I don't think so mother.
Accepted Amber? NO
SUPRISE!
Birthday
Hiking?
The great outdoors
Strolling
Descisions, Descisions
My lovey:)
Harsh Relations
Tryouts
The Truth Comes Out
Macaroni like yeah
Confrontation
And the lightbulb goes off...
Reaction
Call the Cops!
You Only Live Once
Lake
Lake Part 2
NEW UPDATE COOL CATS
L-O-V-E
The name caller
Milkshakes
Stolen Away
Trapped
Eye openings
Morals
help me
The End
Epilogue
NEW STORY
Spin-Off Teaser
Not So Innocent
New story
A/N (Read if you want idk haha)

NoT so predictable after all

145K 1.6K 465
By Spg041

So based on last chapter's comments a lot of you thought that my writing was "too predicable". I admit that part was, but I tried to not confuse you readers like I did by throwing too many twists in the story in the beginning. So a warning to all.

1. This chapter is unedited because my editor commented that she thought my story was predictable. 

2. You won't expect what's coming next.

And hey this upload is early so I'm pretty satisfied.

Oh and it's long! So bonus points for mwa

On with this chappie mates (no I'm not austrauliann)

I hop in Alexx's car with a large smile on my face. I can't wait to tell Noah what really went down with James. He will be so relieved and our relationship will be okay again! Just back to normal, but after I explain to my ex- soon to be current boyfriend about the situation at hand, we will surely experience a steamy make out session that will bring us even closer together. Up our romance even more.

We are driving to Cassie's house right now, in case that wasn't obvious enough. Alexx is going to jag's anyways, so she is kind enough to drop me off at the nearby house.

"Geez, calm down already. You look high." says Alexx with a look of distaste. I am jumping up and down to the beat of a remix to one of my favorite songs. Favorite song? That's a sure sign that everything with Noah will turn out good.

"Sorry!" I apologize. Not that I am sorry enough to stop my seat dancing of course.

Minutes later, we have arrived at my destination. I hop out of the passenger side of Alexx's car and swing around back. I walk up the brick front steps, give Alexx a wave while mouthing "thank you", and then ring the doorbell.

After a very short time, Cassie comes stumbling to the door. "Dude, do you mind I was taking a nap?" She says leaning against the door frame with her eyes closed. She doesn't realize it's me.

"Hi Cassie. Is Noah there?" I ask.

Her head shoots up at lightning speed. "Addie? What the hell are you doing here? Haven't you out my poor brother through enough in one day?" She seems angry. Okay, maybe more like furious.

"It's not what you think! If I could just explain-" I start until Cassie rudely cuts me off.

"Beat it. I will not let you through this door. You may not hurt my big brother any more." she days crossing her arms and blocking my way.

"Fine, can I talk to you first, then?"

"Whatever. Just know it's useless. I'll never forgive you for your actions. And I'm still not letting you inside. You'll probably just run right up to Noah's room. Go around back and meet me on the patio beside the pool."

I agree and then walk around the side of the house to the large stone patio in the backyard.

"Okay, so I never cheated on Noah. I-" i start off only to be interrupted by Cassie.

"You're a big fat-well thin- liar!" she accuses me.

"No no no! I went to James to talk to him about the whole secret-thingy because I figured it out and so we were all friendly again and then he asked me if I still liked your brother and i said yes and then he didn't believe me so he started to kiss me and-"

"You didn't pull away, though! If you really like Noah, you would've pulled away."

"I did pull away."

"Nuhuh! Noah said he Was in his car and he waited there for a few seconds and you did NOT break your kiss."

"Well, I was shocked. I never kissed back. Noah probably couldn't tell because he was on the road and he can only see James' face from there."

"I guess that makes sense..."

"So you believe me?"

"Yes, I do! Gosh, i hate that kid. He ruins everything."

"Almost, though. Good thing we've got this all sorted out and my relationship with Noah was spared."

"Yeah, good thing." Cassie says a bit timidly looking st the ground.

"So where is Noah? So I can speak to him about this?" I tell the nervous Cassie.

"Um...he's not here."

"You said he was earlier. The sooner I tell him the better! So where is he?"

"Well, he's in his room, but he has...uh...company at the moment, so I dob't think you should go up there at the moment."

"But this is really important, Cassie! I need to tell him! He must be so depressed right now. Probably just moping around in his room...I feel bad for his company. He is probably not doing a bunch of talking."

"Oh, yeah. I really doubt they're talking much..." mutters Cassie.

"I'll be back in a jiffy. This won't take long at all." I say opening the back door and ascending the stairway. I walk down the hallway and make a right to arrive at Noah's doorway.

"Wait, STOP! He is busy now!" says Cassie running after me.

"Oh, stop your fussing. I really need to talk to him! It's urgent!" I say opening the closed door...

Then I understand there was a reason Cassie didn't want me going upstairs to see Noah. There was a reason that door was closed.

Under Noah's double bed lay a shirtless (from what I can see) Noah and another girl who I do not know with him.

Maybe I should just exit quietly. go to my room and cry over this mess.

But, on second thought, he needs to know that I know about his true self. I know what a cheating, filthy b*stard this so called golden boy really is.

"Well, I came here to explain myself and that I never cheated on you by kissing James, so we could rekindle, Noah." I say and he sits straight up in the bed. The girl sleepily gazes at me and then rolls over on her stomach back to sleep.

"But I thought you did cheat on me. Addie-"

"You know what? I'm just gonna head home. I realize that there is no need to try to maintain a relationship with you know." I say leaving the door open and walking out in a cool manner. When I pass Cassie's guilty face by the stairway (she mutters an apology), I break into a run.

I hear Noah calling my name. I hear footsteps descending the stairs as I exit the front door. I kick of my shoes. I will run home. I need to run. I need to think.

"Addie! Stop!" I hear Noah call. Then I hear the rumble of his motorcycle. I turn into a forest in an attempt to evade him. I don't know my way around, but anything is better than running on the vulnerable sidewalk. I feel leaves on the soles of my feet. Then sometimes painful rocks. More often than not, there are sharp sticks prickling the bottoms of my feet.

I barely notice the frequent pain. I am too busy running. I don't know where and O don't even care right now. I just want to run.

Through the thick forest I go. Tears stream down my cheeks. I change my mind- I don't want to think about all of this right now. I can't take this heartbreak. I will use the running as a distraction. I lush myself harder and I run faster ans farther than I ever thought I could.

I try to run in a straight line. I don't know how thick these woods are, but sooner or later, I figure I'll emerge on the other side of them. I can find my way home from there.

It is beginning to get dark outside. The horizon is turning into an array of pretty pinks, yellows, and oranges as the sun sets.

I feel sweaty and sticky. I throw off my jacket. I don't care how much the thing costs. It's not important at the moment. Without it I can run farther. And farther I must run. Running is my main goal at this time.

The last rays of light slowly fade away and I realize that my phone was in my jacket pocket. I stop my run for a second to rest (or more like collapse) on a nearby tree. I pant heavily suddenly craving a cold glass of water more than anything.

But of course I don't have water. I don't even have my phone. And because I don't have my phone I have no idea where the hell I am and I have no light to help me.

Who cares, though? I need some time to myself anyways. Maybe being lost won't be bad at all. Maybe it is just what I need.

I decide to sleep on the tree for the night. I will retrace my steps to find my jacket in the morning.

-Morning-

After falling to sleep last night, I had a horrible nightmare about Noah cheating on me with some wh*re-lady. Then, I realized it wasn't a nightmare. It was real.

My back is sore from sleeping on the forest floor and my legs are, too, from all that running. I don't feel like moving, but I have to go back to retrieve my jacket and cell.

I slowly drag myself back to my jacket. I am caked in mud from head to toe. My throat is so dry that i feel like I just had a desert storm in the comfort of my very own mouth.

I just need my Smart Phone. Then I can use GPS to get me the hell out of here and the n I can have all the water I want.

I'm in no rush to get anywhere. My mother is on a cruise to celebrate her friend's retirement. Since she is in the Caribbean, we have no contact. She won't be home for another two days.

A few minutes later, I stumble upon my navy jacket. Like me, the jacket is completely caked in mud. I clean it off as best as I can before putting the article of clothing on. I reach in the pocket, but my phone is not there.

What if I left it in Alexx's car? Or at Cassie's home? Or it could've fallen out while I ran! I would not notice.

This is not good.

I walk around the area where I found my jacket. Maybe my phone fell out of my jacket pocket when I threw the jacket on the ground.

Luckily, I find my phone in the midst of a few leaves. The leaves are shades of brown, red, yellow, and orange. Fall is beginning.

I type in my address on my phone's GPS device. It looks to be only an hour's walk away, fortunately.

I estimated the time it would take me to get to my house correctly. After trudging through the woods with a burning throat, legs like rocks, and a growling stomach, I finally arrive home.

Just in time to see Noah and James depart.

They were on James' lawn and seemed to be having a heated argument.

I heard the words "lose her", "your fault", "screw you", and a bunch of bad names I do not wish to repeat. The "her" is probably me.

Noah walks back to my front porch and sits down on the first step. He has no shirt and a loose grey pair of baggy sweatpants on. He must've come straight from his house and been here all night waiting for me.

He hasn't noticed me yet. Maybe if I just sneak through the back door-SNAP. I step on a spare twig and Noah's eyes meet mine.

I stare into them for a few seconds. I will my gaze to be empty and cold-hearted; I will jot allow myself to show pain.

I walk up to the steps. No words are spoken.

"Are you gonna move or am I going to have to step on you?" I say breaking the ice.

Noah stands up without responding. I take this as the cue to go inside, but he steps over in my way, blocking me. "What was I supposed to think?" he suddenly says.

"I don't know. Maybe you could have some faith in your girlfriend- ex-girlfriend. Maybe you couldd've asked for an explanation before going and breaking up with her over text. Strike one was the trust issues. Strike two was the text break up WITH NO EXPLANATION AT ALL. Now,-" I say until I am interrupted.

"You guys were clearly kissing! You can't lie and deny it!"

I hate being interrupted. Hate it. Especially when I have something really important to say.

"I am not lieing and I will deny it! James kissed me, but I did not kiss him back!"

"I was just talking to James a few moments ago and he said that you kissed him back 'with a burning passion'. He said that it was obvious I wasn't satisfying you."

"Are you seriously going to believe James? He just wants to break us up, so that he can have me to himself! Can't you see that!?" I shriek at Noah.

"I believe him because I watched you for a few moments. I wanted to believe what you're telling me now. That it was just him kissing you and you were not returning the favor. I could not see from the angle I was T on the street, but I do know that if you would've pulled away if you are telling the truth jow."

"It's not IF i am telling the truth now. Because I swear I am. I WAS IN SHOCK! I had jo reaction whatsoever. I just stood there with a bajiion thoughts running through my head as JMes unsuccessfully attempted to kiss me."

"Well...uh..."

"Yeah. Now let me talk some more. Trust me, this will be over quickly. Your third strike was when you slept with that sl*t obviously. I can't date some sex-addicted maniac. I want a long-term relationship with a boy who won't push me. And how do I know that you won't do just that in the future? What happens when you have a suckish day and you decide 'hey, she's not ready, but I'm gonna go rape mu f*ckin girlfriend'. Huh? What happens then?"

"That's not gonna happen."

"Well, from my point of view it looks otherwise. I can't trust you. You betrayed me and I can never forgive you for what you did! And the nerve you have to think that we could just move on and get back to the way things were after all this! You b*stard! I can't even stand to look at your hideous face! I am going inside. We are done. Forever." I say unlocking my front door in one swift motion and slamming the door shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674K 17.1K 46
"And what if I don't Parker?" He asked, Smirking. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "I can easily go and tell my dad about-" I was instantly...
17.3K 258 57
"Fuck." He whispers into my neck, sending a thrill of excitement through my body. His lips still smothered kisses over my neck and his hands roamed...
283 75 75
When Haper moves to a new town, she discovers bad boys can be fun and dangerous. Her mom is very strict, but soon, she is so lost under their spell t...
8.8K 370 32
Aurora is a bitch, and that's a perfect description. If you ever wondered what it's like to be the most popular girl in school, then take a peak insi...