It started with you

By asher_rose

"What's so bad about me? Why do you hate me so much!" I yell at him through my tears and his body stiffens. H... More

01. Goodbye
02. Memories
03. MY BROTHER?!
04. Truth or dare.
05. That was a threat
06. House of cards
07. Fresh start
08. Halloween
09. Perfect Timing
10. Tipsy?
11. This is asher
12. Real. Not real.
13. mommy dearest
14. I wonder if guys can PMS
15. Thanksgiving
16. On top
17. Harry who?
18. Sour Patch Kid
19. XOXO
20. New wardrobe
21. Three greek gods
199K READS!!!
22. All cleaned up
24. Its not fine
25. Distraction
26. Just a girl that likes a boy
27. Where were you
28. Youre with me
29. Youre not special
30. A tall glass of you.
31. I'll take good care of her
32. I want my bubby.
33. Im watching you baylor cambell
34. Surfing
35. Crack of lightning
36. That went to shit.
37. Hes hurting too
38. My girl
39. Birthdays and sex gods
40. Grunge rocker couple
41. You've got it bad.
42. Rosie
43. Soul mates
44. Heart in a box.
45. Understanding
46. Figure buster
47. Call me janis.
48. What are we
49. Dad?
50. Santa came!
51. Jump his bones.
52. Falling soft
53. With One comes the other.
54. Dont tease me
55. New beginnings
56. Take a look at my girlfriend.
Alternative Cliffhanger Ending Pt 1.
Alternative Cliffhanger Ending Pt.2
Book 2 and possible spinoffs
Book 2 published!!!
A letter to my fans

23.princess

32.3K 1K 132
By asher_rose

"Come on bay I'll teach you!" Leah, aka, the little mermaid, hollers at me from her tiny surf board that is smaller than her. There is no way I'm going out that far in the ocean. I am not getting ate by a damn shark. No way. Although that would be a pretty cool way to die.

Besides Leah isn't the one who was suppose to teach me.

"Here we go." A deep voice grunts as he picks me up and I scream as he tosses me over his shoulder and heads for the water.

"Put me down Drew!"

"Not a chance princess. Oh and my name isn't douche, sorry I mean it isn't Drew." Princess...oh god I'm in the arms of Asher Hill. I can tell now that I look at his butt. It looks so good in these swim trunks and his muscles flexing beneath me-

Baylor snap the fuck out of it.

What's wrong with you. You were just wanting to kiss Drew now you're talking about Asher's ass.

There's something seriously wrong with me. That coma definetly messed up some brain cells. But even now knowing that Asher is the one holding me I can't help the electricity shooting through my body from his touch.

"Asher! What are you doing!" I yell as I pound my fists on his back and we're almost in waist deep water. Oh my god here it is were about to die and he's busting out laughing.

"You realize we're about to get ate by a shark! Haven't you seen the movie soul surfer! That shit is real! I want all of my limbs! I need those for...extracurricular activities."
At this he finally stops. I let out a small scream when he grabs me by the waist so that he can look me in the eyes. An amused smirk plays on those damn lips of his.

"What kind of extracurricular?"
His smirk grows when my jaw drops and my face reddens. I smack his arm and try to run towards the beach but he hoist me back in the air and then sits me down on something. I look down to see a surf board that is a lot bigger than Leah's. Still my body stiffens as I stare at the surfboard and I'm already choking back tears. I can't do this.

"I don't even know how to surf! I tried to learn before and it wasn't pretty! I trip over my own feet!"
I try to tell him but he just laughs and hops on the back of the surfboard. My throat feels raw as my tears beg to spill from my eyes.

I look over at Leah who is watching us clearly amused not noticing the tears in my eyes from our distance.

"Leah! You're suppose to be my friend! You're not suppose to want me to die!" I yell towards her with panic evident in my voice as Asher paddles us out further. She laughs as she paddles out further as well.

"If you're going to sit on your knees like that you're going to fall off when we have to duck dive under waves. I need to be able to grab the board."

"Then how the fuck did you expect us both to be able to be on this thing." I snap at him as anger overcomes me, if I don't get angry I'll cry and I can't cry.

"Didn't really think it through." He shrugs. Really he's just shrugging this off like it's no big deal, he probably doesn't even notice me starting to panic. I probably can't even touch right here so if I fall off then my legs are just gonna kick in the water then something's gonna come grab me and pull me to the bottom of the ocean and nobody's gonna ever see me again!

Okay I'm a bit dramatic. But surfing was always kaylees thing never mine. Kaylee...

"Let me off." I tell Asher not bothering to hide my discomfort anymore. He can tell the change in my mood already. His confused eyes search my face for something but I keep my head turned away from him. I'm not about to let everyone see me cry. I just need to the beach.

"Baylor what's wrong?" He asks as he tries to look in my eyes but I look the opposite way.

"I just don't like being out this far. Please just paddle up a little bit and I'll swim the rest." I lie and my voice comes out shakier than before. If he doesn't paddle towards shore soon I'm going to have to swim.

Leah, Cam, Jake, and Ryder are already out far enough waiting for us but I can't.

I feel his hand cup my cheek as he tries to get me to look him in the eyes, but I won't do it.

"Come on I know that's a lie."

"Damn it Asher leave it alone! You don't fucking like it when I bring up stuff you get upset over!"
His eyes, that were filled with so much empathy, are now back to his stormy cloudy eyes that I can never read.

Better to push him away than to get too close anyways.

"Why do you always have to fucking do that Baylor! Every time I am having a good time with you, you have to bring up that shit!"

"Then stop hanging around me! I don't want to be around you! I don't want to keep seeing your fucking brother every time I close my eyes! I don't want to look at your face and be reminded of my dead sister!" I scream and everyone's eyes shoot towards us. But the ones I take special notice of are Asher's, his eyes are filled with so much pain.

I'm sorry I brought up his brother but I can't sit here and act like this is all the same because it's not! Nothing will ever be the same.

I take one last look at Asher before I swing my other leg over the surf board and swim as fast as I can to the beach.

As soon as my feet hit the dry sand the tears start flowing. I ignore Drews outreached hand and run past him as fast as possible. I just want to be alone.

I just want to be with her. I just want to see her face, see her smile, hear her laugh.

As soon as I run into our beach house I see that stupid miniature glass surfboard I bought for her two years ago. I scream as I throw the stupid thing across the room and watch as it shatters and the pieces scatter.

Oh my god what did I just do.

I run to the shattered surfboard and pick up all the pieces.

No I can put it back together. It's not broke. It's not gone. It's not. I didn't break it - I didn't.

I can't even finish my sentence as my sobs cut me off. They have been building up since I was told she fucking died!

It just now set in. I didn't even cry when they told me she didn't make it. I just spaced out. I spaced out for about a month and finally started coming back into it. I had convinced myself that this isn't real. It's just a dream. But it's not a fucking dream! My sister is gone and she's never coming back.

"I destroy everything!"
I mumble out in a sob.

I just came face to face with reality and she scares the hell out of me!

That room Asher is staying in will never be hers. Those damn boxes in my room with all her stuff will never be unpacked.

I scream when I feel two hands wrap around me and I try to push them away but they just hold me tighter. I'm not sure who it is but I don't care!

"I can fix it!" I yell as I pick up more pieces of the glass until one cuts me. The arms around me takes the glass away and holds my hands. Something about them comforts me and I begin to let them hold me.

"She's gon- she's rea-really gone." I sob into the person arms and I just let myself collapse into their chest. I think I felt a tear hit my shoulder from the person holding me but I can't tell the difference from my own.

"Shhh. It's okay Princess."

Asher?

-
Side note this chapter use to be the 9th chapter before I started rewriting the book. I felt like it was way too soon that's why I went back and added the other chapters so hopefully you guys like it!

Also new chapter will be posted at 830 comments!:)

A/N; hello guys I really hope I was able to bring the emotion to you guys too so if you cried let me know cause that means my sadistic mission of this chapter was completed. Lol! Sorry guys.  Does anyone even read this? I do when I read books. I'm weird tho.

Also I'm sorry this was a really short chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694K 18.5K 41
Kali Davidson is slowly but surely falling for her best friend, Ryder. He's cute, smart, tough and his bad boy don't care attitude gets Kali "Goody T...
BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

370K 14.1K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...
298K 7.6K 39
Alex Walker, better known as Walker, is known as the bad boy in town. He has never felt wanted by anyone and doesn't think he ever will. When the new...
45.4K 2.1K 36
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.