▲ proximity || • [ bill x rea...

By paroxysmal-distaste

❝ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ, ᴅᴏʟʟ.❞ --- • Proximity • Nearness in space, time or relationship. --- You have a special chara... More

▲ --- ▲
▲ 0 | Prologue ▲
▲ 2 | Isolate ▲
▲ 3 | Levitating ▲
▲ 3.5 | Revealing ▲
▲ 4 | Luminous ▲
▲ 5 | Cipher ▲
▲ 6 | In-visible ▲
▲ 7 | Power▲
▲ 8 | Habromania ▲
▲ 9 | Enigmatic ▲
▲ 10 | Reality ▲
▲ 11 | Insane ▲
▲ 12 | Satirical ▲
▲ 13 | Weird ▲
▲ 14 | A Deal ▲

▲ 1 | Busy ▲

10.5K 339 351
By paroxysmal-distaste

-----
Chapter 1 - Busy ◬
◬ Edited ◬
-----
• Busy •
'having a great deal to do.'
-----

---

"I'll be watching you." 

---

A - X - O - L - O - T - L

M Y   T I M E   H A S   C O M E   TO   B U R N

I   I N V O K E   T H E   A N C I E N T   P O W E R

T H A T   I   M A Y   R E T U R N   I N   T H I S   U N I V E R -

...

Your head shot up from your desk in alert, eyes immediately drooped. You wiped the drool from the corners of your mouth realising you had fallen asleep in the basement. 

Again. 

Seems like you had a dream. It was one of those times where the memories of something recent and familiar lingered in your mind, but the thoughts were quite foggy.

But the more you tried to remember, the more you forgot. Similar to the dreams you have and wake up in the middle of the night, telling yourself you'll write it down in the morning but never do.

Grabbing your phone, you checked the time. It was 3:26 in the afternoon. Wow, a new record, huh? Aspirated, you looked through the pieces of paper in front of you; you've barely made any progress on the portal. Great.

"Dammit." You ran a hand through your hair in frustration. What a way to start your day. Glancing at your paperwork again, you lifted a hand and flipped off the half-built portal behind you.

But from doing so, a small screw flew towards your hand.

You exhaled heavily.

You stuck your tongue out in concentration as you carefully read your notes. The screw had already dropped on your desk and rolled onto the floor, meaning you have to put it back in later. You try to reach for your phone but a small zap of electricity ran from your wrist to the tip of your finger, causing the phone screen to go black.

"There we go again." You murmured.

You really needed to control that.

Sighing, you looked at the pile of scrunched up pieces of paper, before squinting at the portal. The portal had a few things missing. It needed the rim where the actual entrance would be. The entrance was a circle, with a giant square around it to reinforce it.

All the wiring had been done, but other supplies were needed in order to cover it up. Without the proper support, the entire portal might collapse on itself.

That was the problem, some parts would be illegal to even obtain, so you were going to have to make do with what could be found. But, you weren't giving up just yet. You've been driving around different areas for hours yesterday trying to find some old shop or something.

Shaking your head, you left your basement and went outside. Well, it wasn't exactly a basement, more like a massive bunker beneath your cabin. You kind of stomped your way over to your car, the tension in your legs evident from your recent waking.

Your car wasn't half bad for being 5 years old. Passed down from your dad, it was still in pretty good shape. You did like flying around, but you didn't want to alarm anyone. Not after the previous incident. It still makes you cringe at the thought of the memory.

With a quick climb into the driver's seat, you moved to put on your seatbelt, pausing when you heard a ring. Your phone was working again, fortunately for you, and right on time too.

Removing your phone from your coat pocket, you answered with a small 'hello' with little interest, too drowsy to check the caller ID.

"Hi (N/N)! How are you doing? Research doing well so far?" Your mother spoke in a happy tone. You brightened at this.

"Yeah mum, I'm fine. There's still so much to do but other than that, it's been good. How's dad?"

"Good to hear, and your dad is still coaching the boys at the moment."

Your dad was a soccer coach. Generally a really normal hobby for any normal person. You bit your lip at the contrast between you and your family.

"Ah, ok. Tell them that my work's been interesting and that I hope they're doing well. I got to go get something real quick Mum, but I'll call you tomorrow?"

"One more thing-" her voice dropped to a whisper. "How are you controlling your, uh, you know?"

You shifted your leg, leaning forward over the car edge door, huffing and smiling slightly, "You can say the word 'power'. It's not going to offend me you know."

"Alright alright, I don't know, it still seems like a sensitive topic."

"It's fine. It hasn't been... that much of an issue recently." Your mind drifted to the bolt that removed itself in your presence earlier, "I really need to go now, I'll call you."

"Sure (N/N), if you don't remember then I'll call. And don't get into any trouble."

"Ok, see you. I'll visit soon."

"Aha ok, bye sweetie."

After the conversation, you thought about what your mother said. Being born with abilities was not something you told anyone that asked, but it wasn't a topic you had trouble speaking about with people you were already comfortable with. However your mum still thought it was a touchy subject no matter how many times you told her.

 It was dangerous to tell anyone- you could be seen as a lunatic. 

Back when you lived with your parents, they had thought you were some sort of problem child, messing with the cables of the house. But when you poked at the powercords and accidentally shutting down the entire power across the entirety of your town, they were terrified, to say the least.

For some particular reason, you randomly gained another 2 powers after that. It wasn't specified whether or not you had to touch someone, like brushing past them or just being a certain radius to them. You've never found out the identity of the people's powers you had.

As a now, you had 3 powers. Despite your extensive interest and research in technicalities, you were not too bothered about the 'official' titles given to these powers, only discovering them on a superhero wiki. They happened to be: Ferrokinesis - the ability to control metals, electrokinesis - which is the ability to create electricity and flight. 

Well, flight seems too strong of a word considering you could barely hover a few inches off the ground. Levitation? You didn't know. You decided that it wasn't worth even mentioning, since you might as well just walk.

It was weird though, you always felt a small feeling of guilt when you discovered a new ability. It felt as if though you were 'stealing' them from other people, people that were born special. But that was on the speculation that you absorbed powers, and that you were not born with them only to develop them later. But developing powers as late as the age  of 17 was weirdly late (not including how the overall concept of powers was weird in itself). Whenever your thoughts went there, you simply shook your head, smiled and returned to your work.

The bad news was, you haven't done a very good job of practising any of these abilities. The most that could be done was conjure electricity on to your hands, but you can't control how much.

That's why flight was your favourite. It's as easy as lifting an arm - there's no thought to it.

The good news was, your family supported you, and not to mention, you got some pretty snazzy powers.

Your family thought it was best to keep it a secret though. Everyone knows how society works. Not exactly the most accepting. And when something is beyond their comprehension, they panic and blame it all on one thing so only their small human brains could understand.

You frowned, passing another place. This was taking a lot of your sweet precious time, but you kept on driving, as there could be a possible junkyard nearby. It would have been smart to take off your coat, since sweat was beginning to form on your forehead from the sunset, but you were far too comfortable nestled in your little car seat of yours.

A few minutes passed before you finally slowed your vehicle, parking your car off the road onto the grass and stared at the large sign ahead.

Never been here before, you thought. It was slightly peculiar to you because you were used driving around for hours, and you had never encountered this before. As you car came to a stop to the front of the sign, you felt a fuzzy wave wash of you, and you froze.

You frowned, glancing around from the weird vibration that had coasred through you, but you just stored the feeling in your head for another day to ponder about.

The sign looked a bit worn out but it was still readable. There were a few chips in the wood and small parts of moss growing on it. It read;

'Welcome to Gravity Falls!'

-----
Date Published: 25/09/2017◬
Word Count: 1583◬
-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 42.7K 74
Deal Bill Cipher x Reader Y/n lives in the town of Gravity Falls, working at the Mystery Shack with her best friends. When her dreams and everyday li...
1K 37 7
You know the story of how two brothers venture too far into the unknown, with only one coming back alive? Oh? Is that not how you remember it? (Gravi...
316K 13K 54
Dipper thought his summer couldn't get any worse. When a certain one-eyed triangle shows up again, Dipper realizes he was wrong. With Bill Cipher bac...
439K 16.6K 26
{Spoilers} Book 1 (Y/N) was finally back in Gravity Falls where she could catch up with her old friends and see what had changed since her last visit...