Player | VICTON - Heo Chan

By HopexHopie

On the internet...you never know who you are chatting with... A girl is chatting online with a guy she says s... More

{Chapter 2} Exposed
{Chapter 3} Twitter
{Chapter 4} It's not him
{Chapter 5} Closer
{Chapter 6} Suspicious
{Chapter 7} Shock
{Chapter 8} Awkward
{Chapter 9} Friends...?
{Chapter 10} Unexpected

{Chapter 1} Social Status

1K 42 6
By HopexHopie

I heard my alarm going off and with a groan I opened my eyes, trying to block the sunlight from hitting them and with my other hand, searching for my phone to turn off my morning alarm. Monday. The day I hated the most. Another week of school, homework and worst of all, waking up in the morning. Why can't I just graduate right now and get over with this...? One more year and I'm free...one more year.

After my everyday before school morning thoughts, I decided to open my eyes fully, now being immune to the sunlight and with very slow moves to get up and start getting ready for school. Now, standing I cheked my phone to see what time it was. 6:39. Nice. Taking the necessary things I needed and my school uniform I decided it would be nice if I took a morning shower as usual and that's what I did.

Not too long after, I now walked out of my room, having put on my uniform, wearing my shoes, my backpack hanged on my left shoulder and my hair in a tight, high ponytail, ready for school. With a deep sigh I walked down the stairs to have breakfast.

 ''Good Morning Arin'' my mom greeted me as I stepped my foot on the kitchen. ''Good morning!'' I greeted back with a hug, while my eyes were searching around for something edible. ''Mom, do we have cereal?'' I ask opening the fridge and taking out the milk. ''Yes but hurry. Sehee called and she will come to pick you up, you don't have much time honey'' my mom warned and looked back down at some papers she had in front of her. ''Oh nice. Um...what are you doing mom?'' I asked curiously while looking at her papers.

 ''Just correcting some tests for my students'' she replied her eyes still stuck on the papers. ''I always complain about being a student but being a teacher seems way worse'' I say in a chuckle, picking up my empty bowl of cereal and putting it on the kitchen sink.

My mom was an English teacher who was home schooling kids who wanted to learn English and since in Korea, English is not a language many people are fluent at there are not many teachers and the ones that work as English teachers have more that enough students to teach.  

The sound of the door knocking made us both stop our conversation and turn towards the direction of where the sound came from. ''Oh, Sehee's here, gotta go mom, I love you, bye'' I greeted my mom in a hurry and ran towards the door, excited that I would see my friend after a whole weekend.

Before I even opened the door fully I felt a body attacking mine and pulling me in for a tight hug. Of course. ''Arin good morning!'' Sehee, squealed next to my ear which almost turned me deaf. ''Heyy! I'm gonna go deaf'' I detached myself from her embrace, greeting her and holding my ear with my right hand. ''Let's go!'' she said eagerly and walked ahead of me with a huge smile on her face. 

''What are you so happy about? It's school we're going to you know'' I said in a frown, questioning her unusual attitude.

 ''I know...I know it's just...-'' she got cut off by the sound of a car horn from across the street.

 ''Guys are you coming or should I leave you two here to walk to school and leave by myself?'' a male voice spoke from the car. ''Huh?'' I was taken aback. Me and Sehee would always walk to school since it wasn't that far, except the days it was raining where her mother or my father would drive us to school since our families were close. ''Coming oppa!!'' she yelled in a gigle towards the car. 

''Oppa?!?'' I pulled her closer and wispered to her ear in a panicked way since the man's voice was not her father's voice

. ''Yeah, Sejun will drive us to school today'' she answered in a grin while she was practically dragging me towards the car.

 ''...great''

Lim Sejun. Sehee's older brother. One of the school's biggest heartthrobs. Or should I say f*ckboys. Unlike us, Sejun was in the most popular group of the school with some other guys. It was not that I had something against him but he and his best friend, Byungchan are the ''players'' of the school, they hit on every girl and in general they change girlfriends like t-shirts. Every day a new one. They have not done anything bad to me, I just don't like people like them. Sejun is a nice and likeable guy outside of school or in my case everytime I visit Sehee and he's there, but when he is with the rest of his friends in school...do not approach him..! 

''Hello Sejun'' I greeted him formally and sat on the back seat of his car. Yes, he had a car, which made even more girls flirt with him on a daily basis. ''Hi Arin'' he greeted back and started driving. The ride was quiet, no one was talking, I was looking outside the window as I noticed, that this was not the usual way for school. I've never been in this neighboorhood actually. 

''Umm...Sehee..where is your brother going?" I leaned towards her side and whispered. My whisper was barely audible since Sejun had the radio on and was listening to music. Suddenly the car stopped and Sehee's grin grew bigger as her brother got out of the car and turned the music off. I have never seen her like this, since she came to pick me up she was weird. 

''Sehee?! Are you listening to me?'' I waved my hand in front of her face to distract her from her thoughts and she finally snapped back to reality.

 ''Oh...um...Sejun is going to pick up someone else too'' she answered with a shy smile on her face. Just when I was about to ask who, a high pitched voice made us turn to the person who was coming towards the car, with Sejun next to him.

''...and hyung she bit me! On purpose! I think she understood I didn't like her and she revenged me in that way!!'' 

''...Hanse...she is a cat...'' 

''what does that have to do wi- oh! I didn't know your sister would be here...hello!'' our presence made him cut his words short, and the realization that we heard his silly talk with Sejun made him cover his face and giggle akwardly.

''Hello Hanse!'' Sehee said in an entousiastic way, the smile ever leaving her face and her cheeks slightly red. So this is why she was acting weird... 

''And you are...?'' he turned his body around to see me properly since he ws sitting in front on the passenger's seat and me, behind him. ''I'm Yoo Arin, Sehee's friend, nice to meet you'' I smiled at him and then he turned around after introducting himself after me. 

Do Hanse. Another guy from Sejun's group. Probably the only one out of the six guys in there I liked. He is not like the others, at least not the ''player'' type. He is nice to people and has never teased or bullied anyone. He is really funny and Sehee has had a crush on him for a year now but has yet to talk to him. As for me, I know him but since the people he hangs out with are not my style of people I have never talked to him either. 

We were only a minute away from school when Sejun stopped his car next to the sidewalk and told us to get out of the car and walk to school from there since it was not that far away. Sehee instantly opened the door even before he said this, as soon as he stopped the car, like some kind of reflex and I followed suit. We greeted the two boys and got out of the car and watched it leave as we were standing on the sidewalk, me still trying to proccess what just happened.

''Why did he make us exit the car, just a block away from school?'' I turned to her, furrowing my eyebrows, feeling very irritated.

 "Umm...I don't know....let's go! We're gonna be late, you don't wanna miss Park scolding us for being late do you?'' she exclaimed and grabbed my hand to make me walk along with her to school but I put all the strength I had and did not let her move me.

''I know you know why Sehee....'' I gave her a serious look.

 ''Okay fine...my brother doesn't want to be seen with us in his car, he says that people might misjudge him and his social status might be ruined'' she said with a deep sigh, looking down at her feet. 

''What?! Is this dude for real? I mean...I know he is popular but that is just... too much...'' Even if she was offended, I was a person that spoke their thoughts out loud and when something didn't feel right I would always say it and Sehee knew that. 

 ''Wait- so all this time...this is why you avoided him all the time in school? He doesn't want his 'social status' to be ruined and just because his sister is not in the same popular group as him he is he told you not to approach him?'' I said, my voice rising at the last parts of the sentance, my anger getting bigger and bigger after finishing the puzzle pieces in my mind.

  He was ashamed for her?

'Arin, stop. Let's go'' she pulled my hand and made me walk to school and as we reached it, he was there, with all of his friends next to him and as usual, a couple of girls next to him, who were gigling probably at some corny thing he just said, he had his arms over the shoulder's of one so assumed it's his new ''shirt'' today, or if that doesn't make sence, his currnet girlfriend.  

This was not the time. I had to do something about this tho. He cannot treat his sister that way, if I were Sehee I wouldn't accept that behaviour.

 ''Please don't say anything, let's go'' Sehee told me, grabbing my arm tightly as we walked in front of them to get to the school as I heard some girl gigle as she saw us passing by.

 ''Hey girls, aren't you gonna say hi?'' she teasingly exclaimed, looking at us while laughing followed by a few boys and all the other girls in this group. Sejun did not laugh, he was just staring at us blankly not even reacting to the fact that these girls made fun of his own sister, not his sister's friend but his own sister. 

That made me even more mad but feeling Sehee's grip tightening on my arm I decided to not to say anything and just roll my eyes and walk into school.

Well, that's not going to be a usual week...

Author's Note:

Hello ALICE!😄

I made this new VICTON fanfic about Heo Chan😄 Hope you all like it and as I wrote in the description, I apologize to Sejun, Byungchan, Seungwoo and Seungsik stans in advance😅 In the next chapters you will see why~

Thank you all for reading and dont forget to vote and comment please!

Till the next chapter! Bye😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 7.4K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
152K 16.9K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
140K 6.5K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
458K 31.3K 46
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...