Destined with the Bad Girl ➸...

By screamingcamren

It's hard to pretend to love someone when you don't. But it's harder to deny you're in love when you already... More

Note Before Read || Prologue
Hate at First Sight Truly Exist
PFH: No Girlfriend? No Boyfriend? No Worries, We Got You!
The Doomed Proposal
Wait! So I'm Really Married?! and I'm Now Mrs. Jauregui?!
Am I Still a Virgin?!
Your Friendly Neighborhood, Jerk Mcdouche Pants
Hot Sauce is the New Tomato Juice
Silly Me! I Thought It's Connect the Dots
Your Knight in Shining Blue Boxer is Here to Save You
Team Camila, We Won!
I'm Jealous and You Know Why
Her Fierce Green Eyes is My Favorite One
Mission X: Ruin Camila and Shawn's Date at All Cost
The Battle Between the Heart and the Mind
Camila
I...I Think I'm Falling for Her
That was... That was Super Awkward
What Now, Lauren Jauregui?!
Angels Can Be a Confessed Sinner Too
Oh Boy, I Smell Trouble
Stars. Fireworks. A Symphony. All the Everything
It's Home. I'm at Home With Her
2020 Bonnie and Clyde
Prom? How About No
You're My Muse to Every Song That I'll Write
The "Who Comes First? Chicken or Egg?" Argument
Today on Dr. Phil- Camila "The Horrible Driver" Cabello
The Hauntings of the Past
Special Chapter - Normani
Lauren's Side of Truth
When Tornado Meets Volcano
I'll Ride Till I Die. With You, My Love.
It's Always About the Consequences
The Moon and the Sun
Our Own Paradise and Warzone
I'm Too Blind to See the End Has Begun.
The New Beginning
Camila's Wicked Games
Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater
Melt a Little Ice Princess
Then Make Me Need You
You are Summer to My Winter Heart
I Hope You Forgive Me For That
Begin Again
The Wedding Proposal
The Truth About Lauren
Friendships and Closure
The Perfect Master Plan
Slowly Taking Toll
Jealousy is a Very Dangerous Game
The Letter
I Am Meant to Love Her, It's as Simple as That
Clark Zachary Cabello Jauregui
Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer
Keeping Up With Shawmila
The Birthday Bash
I Lost My Sun. I Lost You
Mrs. KM
Lauren Michelle Mendes
Will You Be the Sun or the Pouring Rain?
The Special Donor
Two Strangers Who Shared a Lot of Memories
I Will See You on the Finish Line
After All, Soulmates Always End Up Together
Epilogue: Mrs. And Mrs. Jauregui

The Taste of Her Own Medicine

2.1K 72 61
By screamingcamren

Intoxicating. Irreplaceable. Magic. You are all of the above
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 38
Lauren's POV

I texted Ally that I finally found a more better job than being a pizza delivery driver and she's so happy about it. The only good thing about being a pizza delivery driver is that literally no one is disappointed to see you so I guess that's a better benefit for that.

"You're resigning?" Matthew asked with a raised eyebrows after he read my resignation letter.

I nod my head yes, "Someone offered me a better job. I'm sorry Mat."

"No, no, it's okay. I really do understand. It's just that customers will be disappointed for not seeing you everyday."

I chuckled, "I doubt. Customers are never disappointed in your pizza."

"I doubt." Matthew mimic my voice, "It's you who they always anticipated to see. Actually, I got a very positive feedback about you from a girl named L. She's actually requesting you to deliver her pizza."

"Really? No shit?" I asked in surprise.

Matthew giggle, "No shit." He gave me his phone and I saw the feedback that she wrote. She's really requesting me to deliver her pizza personally. And the thought that someone actually wants to see me aside from Ally of course flatters my heart.

"Does she have a name or something aside from L?"

"Someone's curious." He gave me smirk, "Why don't you find it yourself? Cause your admirer just placed a pizza delivery order today."

I glance at my clock and I still have 30 minutes before I meet Alfred and officially start my job as Clark's babysitter.

Delivering a pizza for like 15 munutes or so won't hurt right? I'm just really curious who's this girl is so I nod my head and wear my uniform for one last time.

I walk towards the counter and took the 5 boxes of pizza and hop into my scooter. The drive going to the Griffith Park lasted for about 25 minutes. The traffic jam in LA is such a pain in the ass and I'm so glad that I'm riding a scooter instead of car. When I arrived at the location written on the paper, I glance at it again and it says it's for Melissa Tate.

I look around me and there's a lot of tent and camera assembled at the park. It looks like they're having a commercial here or something. I hop out from the scooter and walk around. Now how the hell am I suppose to know who's Melissa Tate in these sea of crowds? There's a lot of people—

"Pizza!" I stop from my tracks when someone yelled from behind. I turn around and I saw a chubby blonde girl running towards my direction, "Mazzio's pizza, right?" She asked a little bit of breathless.

Is this L? Probably not since her name starts with M. I look behind her shoulder but I see no one following her from behind. Maybe this is her. You can change your name whenever you're going to leave a feedback and maybe she changes hers because she's afraid that I might felt cringe or she's scared that I'll be turn off once I saw her in person.

"Feeling much, Lauren?" My brain whispered.

"Shut up." I blurted out loud the response that was supposed to be for my brain.

I saw how her face scrawled up in annoyance.

Oh shit.

"What did you just say?! I'm just asking you if you're Mazzio's pizza and you're telling me to shut up?" She scoff bitterly, "How rude of a freak you are!"

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't— never mind. It's $432 dollars all in all." I smiled apologetically at her, "I'm so sorry, beautiful."

Melissa took a sigh while shaking her head before took the boxes of pizza from my hand while scrambling through her purse. I took my time to stare at her. Actually, she isn't that bad, you know? Even though she's chubby she's pretty. She had blue eyes, her hair's a little bit shaggy. Like a bird's nest. But still cute. She's wearing a grey polo blouse and black skinny jeans.

"Here." She handed me a $1,000 dollar bill, "Keep the change." And then she started to walk away.

"Hey, hey!" She stopped from walking and turn around to face me with a raised eyebrow, "Are you L? The one who's requesting me to deliver the pizza to you personally?"

"No, it's my boss." She simply answered.

I'm about to open my mouth to say something when a beautiful girl suddenly walk out of the tent.

"That's me." I turn my gaze on her and... shit! She's beautiful. Like actual muffin beautiful. Hazel eyes and brown hair. She's L, the one who's requesting me to deliver her pizza. And on top of that, she's the daughter of Carlos Vives! Am I actually dreaming right now?

I rub my eyes for a couple of minutes and stopped when I heard her laugh.

"Must be a good dream, huh?"

"Are you..." I can't even think of any right words to complete my sentence. I'm just looking at her with a dumbfounded look.

"Jesus christ, Lauren! You look like an idiot!" Yelled by my one and only brain.

"For real? Yes. Am I L? Yes, I am. Stands for Lucy." She giggled for a few seconds before she suck her bottom lips and smile. "It's nice to finally meeting you properly...?"

"L. Stands for Lauren."

"I'm quite surprise that you didn't insert any Camila promotion on your delivery today. That's what caught my attention, actually."

I rub the back of my neck. Redness cast on my cheeks upon hearing Camila's name, "Oh, I'm— I'm in a hurry that's why I forgot. This is my last day... just uhmm, just so you know."

Frown creeps upon her face, "So this is our first and last meeting? That's sad."

I nod my head slowly, "Yeah, it is."

Lucy's about to open her mouth to say something but a male deep voice called her out, asking her to go back to whatever they're doing. Shoot maybe since she is a model. A famous one.

"I gotta go, I'm sorry. But hey, I do believe we're going to see each other again."

"Really?"

Lucy nod her head, "Yes, fan girl. I'll see you when I see you."

I smiled at her and watch Lucy disappear from my eyes along with Melissa.

What a day! I met Lucy freakin' Vives and who's next? Camila? Well, I hope so but that would be a wishful thinking.

-

"I'm so sorry, I'm late." I'm trying to catch my breath as soon my ass landed on the chair.

"Hmm," Alfred sip on his coffee cup before putting it down on the table, "No worries, Miss Jauregui. I'm actually glad you make it."

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" I asked curiously. I find his remark a little bit odd.

"You want something to order?"

"Oh no, I'm good."

"Sure?"

I nod my head and smile to assure him.

"Then let's get going then." Alfred stand up from his seat and walk outside the coffee shop while I trail him from behind. We approach the black Rolls-Royce as Alfred open the passenger door for me. I said my thank you and he smiled back then he jogged his way to the driver's seat.

"Like I told you yesterday, no babysitter lasted longer to Clark. The kid really hates them and I can't understand why. He's only 5 but if you watch him do his thing, you can't help but think 'Is he really 5?', you know what I mean?"

I chuckled as my response, "A trouble maker."

"Indeed."

"And he's only 5. I can't imagine the headache his parents are suffering."

"They're both stressed. But Clark's really an intelligent boy that he loves to experiment things. Like, licking the electric socket."

"Oh my god," I giggled. And I don't know why but I can't help myself to smile. I guess it's because I can see my childhood in him. He reminds me of it and how stressed my parents are all thanks to me.

"That smile. I can sense you're seeing little Miss Jauregui to him?" I look at the rear-view mirror and Alfred is looking at me with a smile.

I nod my head yes, "Do you think he'll be a pain in the ass to me?"

"I doubt. The boy likes you so much, Miss Jauregui. Even his mother is so thrilled to meet you."

"Is his parents home?" I asked. Alfred pulled the car to the driveway and the house to my side is huge and breathtakingly beautiful.

"Actually, his mom is already here." I can sense the excitement on Alfred's voice as he exit the car and open the passenger door for me.

"Thank you, Alfred."

"You're always welcome, Miss Jauregui. Come on in," Alfred put his arm around my shoulder, "and let's meet Miss Cabello inside."

I immediately stop from my tracks and froze. Did he just said Cabello? Cabello what? Camila Cabello? As in my ex-girlfriend Camila Cabello? Or just another girl who happens to have a last name like her?

My mind immediately takes me to so many places of what if's. I don't know what I should do. Should I freak out and run? Should I stay and take the gamble of finding out if this Cabello that Alfred's talking about is my Camila or not? Should I—

"Is there any problem, Miss Jauregui?"

"Uhmm... what is Clark's mother name again?"

"It's—"

"Lawren!!!" Clark squealed as he run towards my direction. He grab a tight hold on my thighs and squeeze his small body on it, "You came! You came!"

Smile shoot across my face for a moment as soon as I felt his warm hug. For a moment I completely forgot about the nervous feeling I had inside.

I caress his hair and kneel down so we can be at the same level.

"Of course. How are you my Kal-El?"

"I'm happy because you're here! I can't sleep last night because I was so excited to see you. I want us to grab some ice cream and walk in the park and then we can play at the playground and you do my homework." Clark rambled out of excitement making me and Alfred to laugh.

"I will do your homework? Shouldn't you be doing it?"

"You do it and I'll check it."

I chuckled, "Okay, my little Kal-El. If that's that my boy wants." I pinch his cheeks and fix his school uniform. He looks even more handsome when he's wearing a uniform. White polo and dark brown shorts.

"Tiger, where are you?" A familiar voice coming inside the house called out.

"Outside mommy! Lawren is here!" Clark answered. He turn around and sit on my knees, resting his back comfortably in my chest.

I can hear the footsteps approaching coming nearer and nearer from us. My heart is hammering inside my chest and my hands are growing colder and colder every seconds passed.

"Please dear god, don't let it be her. Don't let it be her." I pray silently but I guess god is not on my side this time when a very gorgeous woman appeared on the front door.

Maybe I should be careful on what I'm wishing for.

"Really? I'm so—" Camila stopped in the mid of her sentence as soon as our eyes met.

I stare at the beautiful brunette standing in front of me. I take every time in the world to check her out. Her long dark wavy locks, her soft red lips that was incredibly attractive, her brown eyes that I used to loved and still love today, a yellow dyed crop top shirt and yellow shorts that perfect hugged her petite body and shows her porcelain skin. Yeah, I'm actually drooling over her. 5 years later and yet she still had this effect on me. Something I couldn't resist. Something that turns me like an idiot. My jaw unconsciously dropped as I continue staring at her.

"Miss Cabello, this is the babysitter I'm talking to you about. Her name is Lauren. Lauren, this is Miss Cabello. Clark's mother."

I glance at Clark then back to Camila. Clark is her son, so does that mean that he's also my...?

"Hi, Lauren. It's so nice to finally meet you. My name's Camila." Camila greeted me with a smile.

Her greetings taken me a back completely. Aside from pretending that she doesn't know me and this is our first time meeting each other, she greeted me with a smile. A friendly fucking smile. This is very far from what I imagine it would be. I expect her to slap me or yell at me for what I've done. Not like this. Not with a friendly smile.

The nervousness is still running through every flesh and bones of my body but somehow it comes down a little bit. I look at Camila intently. Should I trust that smile? No, I shouldn't because there's no way in hell someone will be happy to see their fucking ex who left them like a wind. Even the most friendly person can never do this.

I couldn't say any words so I just flash a very small smile to Camila.

"Miss Jauregui," Alfred called out. He toss the car key to me which I immediately catch, "Here's the car key. You drive Clark to school."

I nod my head since saying a word right now seems impossible for me to do.

"I'll leave y'all for a moment." Alfred excuse himself before stepping inside the house, leaving the three of us alone.

Camila walk towards her son who's currently sitting on my lap. My heart is pounding louder inside my chest at the fact that I'll be near Camila again after 5 long years.

Camila kneel down and fix his uniform, "Tiger, be a good boy to school, okay? Remember what mommy told you."

Little Clark nod his head, "Avoid trouble. Don't worry, mommy. I'll behave."

"Okay. I'll let you go now, tiger. I don't want you to be late in your school." Camila leaned in and kiss Clark on the lips, "I love you, tiger."

"I love you too, mommy!" And then little Clark cling around Camila like a monkey making me smile internally.

Camila open the passenger door and put Clark inside. She fix him inside the car for a moment before Camila close the passenger door.

"So, Clark is your son?" I'm surprise I manage to say something without stuttering. I guess curiosity conquers everything.

Camila turn around to face me. Her eyes are showing an unreadable expression.

"Clark is Shawn and I's son so don't ever think that he's yours." Camila snapped coldly before walking back inside the house.

I breathed out, letting go of the breath that I'm holding on for it feels like forever. Her words somehow brings relief to me. I don't want another Lauren Jauregui to be born in this world knowing I don't have any stable job to sustain both of us as of the moment. The only time I'll be having a kid is when I already achieve my dream. Because if that happens then I can give everything my kid wants. I can secure my kid's future. But right now, my salary is enough to sustain only myself. So it's really a relief to know Clark is not my son.

***

The drive going to school lasted for about 5 minutes. As soon as I pulled the car in front of the school gate, Ally suddenly goes out and assist the little chickens inside the school grounds.

"We're here, kiddo." I turn off the engine of the car while Clark swing his bag over his back.

"Lawren, are you going to wait for me?"

"Yeah, I'll be waiting for you. We'll pick up some ice cream on the way home."

"Yehey! You're the best, Lawren!" Clark squealed. He jumps into the driver's seat just to cling on me like a monkey and showered me with kisses.

"Okay, okay, stooop." I can't help not to laugh. His soft kisses practically tickling the hell out of me, "You're welcome, Clark! You're welcome!"

We exit the car hand in hand and walk towards Ally. She just finished assisting the little children inside.

"Hey, Ally!" I called out. Ally turn around to our direction and that's the time where Clark and I waved our hands. She's sipping some coffee but as soon as her eyes landed on us, Ally suddenly gets choke.

I let go Clark's hand just to pat Ally's back, "Jesus, are you okay?"

"I..." Ally cough so hard that her face is starting to get red.

I turn to Clark and he's looking worriedly at Ally, "Teacher Ally will be okay, don't worry. You should head over to your class now."

Clark simply nodded. He gave Ally a hug for a couple of minutes and mumbled a soft, "Please be okay, teacher." Before walking inside the school.

"You're with him?"

"Yeah, I am."

"You're with Clark?"

I knitted my eyebrows, confused on Ally's odd behaviour. "Yes Allyson, I am." I repeated my answer.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? I told you I got a better job. He's my job."

Ally's eyes widen, "You're going to babysit him?! Clark?! Lauren, did you know that—"

"He's Camila and Shawn's son, yeah I know."

"Camila and Shawn?"

I chuckled at her response. Ally is acting super weird right now. She looks tense, lost, confused, and nervous all at the same time. Super weird.

"Yeah. You're acting super weird right now, Ally. It's like you're expecting me to say that he's my son." I joked while giggling while Ally let out a nervous chuckle.

"So, uhmm, you talk to Camila?" Ally asked as we head over inside the school.

"I don't think it can be considered as a conversation. She just told me that Clark is her and Shawn's and then she smiled at me and pretended that she don't know me at all."

"Camila what?!" Ally asked in total surprise.

"Is that reaction for the smile or...?"

"For the smile."

"Well, yeah, I had the same reaction too. I'm expecting for her to slap the hell out of me. But a friendly smile? That's the very least thing— out of the bucket thing that I'm expecting to get from her."

"Maybe Mila already forgive you?"

I stop from my tracks and look at Ally, "You think so?"

"I mean, it's been 5 years. I don't see any reason for Mila to hold the grudge for too long. Besides, she smiled at you, didn't she? That thing right there is already a good sign of fresh start. A closure!"

"And pretended not to know me, may I add that to the note. And I don't think I can trust that smile."

"She moved on, Laur. And maybe you should too." I look away, not meeting Ally's eyes. I know she already moved on and she's happy with Shawn. It's just that it hurts whenever I think about it.

"I know." I mumbled. I felt Ally's hand on my shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze.

"We'll catch up later, okay? I need to have a class now."

"Okay. Good luck, Al."

Ally chuckled, "No, good luck on you, Laur."

I smiled at Ally knowing what she meant by that. I watch her disappear from the hallway before I walk over to the lobby where I'm going to wait until Clark's class is over.

"Hey, excuse me?" I turn around and it was a black dude. He's giving me a smile so I gave him one, "I'm guessing you're new here?"

"Uhmm, if you're talking about being here in school then yes. But if you're talking about living here in LA then no."

"In school, of course." He chuckled, "I'm Rick, by the way. And you are?" He extended his hand for a handshake.

"Lauren. Lauren Jauregui." I gladly accepted his handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Lauren."

"You too, Rick."

"Waiting for your kid?"

I shrugged, "Obviously."

"You can watch your kid's class if you want instead of waiting here in the lobby doing nothing."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Most parents do that to monitor their kid."

"Oh, that's really cool. Where can I watch?"

"What's the name of your kid?"

"Uhmm, Clark Mendes."

He took something from his pocket. It was a small gadget that keeps the student's records, I guess. He scroll through it for a couple of minutes before he shot up his head to look at me.

"Gotcha kid! Come on."

I followed him around the hallway until we reach at the room 321 A. He swings the door open and I saw couple of parents sitting by the chair while watching their kid on the big screen.

"This is where you're going to watch your kid."

I scan the whole room and it was a classroom set up except it became a hangout place of parents. I look through the screen trying to find my boy but I can't seem to find him. Even the teacher lecturing in front is not Ally.

"Are you sure we're in a right class?" I turn to him, still looking through the screen.

"Yeah, this is this class 5B where Clark Ali Mendes is in, your kid."

"Well, I really do think we're in a wrong class right now." I rub the back of my neck, "His teacher is Ally Brooke Hernandez."

"Alright hold on." He took his little gadget again and make a scrolling for a good long minute, "Is it Clark Zachary Cabello?"

"Yeah! Yeah, that's the one! Thank goodness."

Weird, he's not using Shawn's last name.

"We're in a wrong room then." He giggled and lead me outside. We walk a few more steps before we reached the room 342 A. The moment I open the door, Clark's laughter is the first thing that I heard so I guess we're here in correct room this time.

"Is this it?"

"Yeah, this is the one. Thanks for your help, Rick."

"You're welcome." He smiled adoringly, "He must be your son. That kid is quite a trouble maker."

"Oh no, he's not mine. I'm just his babysitter. And yeah, I heard."

"But despite of that lots of people adore him."

"Cause he's adorable. Just like his mom." I mumbled the last 4 words of my sentence with a smile on my face since I'm the only one who should suppose to hear that one.

"I agree. I'll leave you now, Lauren."

"Thanks again." I smiled at him and Rick just nod his head before walking out of the room.

I find myself a seat since the room is pretty occupied with parents watching their kids. I found myself sitting at the front row near the window. I sit back and watch the class held by my best friend who's discussing the 9 planets in the solar system. Not so long when Clark pull a class stunt.

"Okay, class. Why are there rings on planet Saturn?" Ally asked and Clark immediately raised his hand eagerly.

"Teacher! Teacher!"

"Yes, Clark. Why do you think there are rings on Saturn?"

"Because god liked it so he put a ring on it." The class laugh including me and the parents sitting around me.

"Saturn was NOT a single lady, Clark." Ally answered, making little Clark to pout and take a seat.

The class lesson proceeds. After their discussion on planets, their lesson proceeds in continents. And again, the class stunt was pulled. Except this time it's not Clark but by the whole class.

"Clark, can you go to the map and find north america?" Ally ordered in which little Clark happily marched in front and easily pointed the north america without breaking a sweat.

"Here it is."

"Very good, Clark! Now class, who discovered north america?"

"Clark." The whole class answered in unison making us laugh while Ally just do a simple face palm while shaking her head.

The discussion continued for the next 45 minutes. I honestly didn't find it boring since Ally's class is like a comedy show, well all thanks to Clark's stunt that never failed to make us laugh, me especially.

"Okay, class. Before I let y'all go. I want you to recite the 9 planets in solar system."

"Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto."

"Very good!" Ally clapped her hands and then the class mirrored her action, "If you will be given a chance to go to one of the planets what would it be and why?"

Clark eagerly raised his hand again. I can see to Ally's face that she don't want to call Clark knowing the words that comes out from his mouth is a no good but no other students are raising their hands except for him.

"Yes, Clark. Which planet would you go?"

"To the sun teacher because I'm hot."

"Sun is not a planet, Clark. It's a star. Besides, it's so hot in there. Before you could even get close to it, you're already burn down to ashes."

"I know, teacher. That is why I will go there during night time so I won't get burn."

Ally shook her head, "I never win with you. I can never."

After class, the parents begin to walk out of the room to fetch their kids so I trail behind them. I saw Ally talking to Clark so I approach them.

"Getting some star?" I smiled at Clark and he smiled back timidly.

"More like getting some slip."

"Slip? Why?"

"Test papers arrived and well..." Ally shook her head while looking at Clark.

"Failed grades?"

"I wish it was. But no, philosopher wise answers on his sheets that's why the principal asked for Camila's presence. Again." And then Ally handed me the slip coming from the principal.

"Lawren," I felt Clark pulling the hem of my shirt. I immediately kneel down and cup his shoulders. He looked scared, "Can you not tell mommy?"

"I'm sorry, Kal-El. But I need to. Don't worry, I'm sure mommy won't get mad for this."

"I'll just tell mommy about it later."

"Okay then. But make sure that you do, okay?"

Clark nodded before pulling me in for a hug. I hug him back before I carry him up, "So, we'll go ahead now, Al."

"I'll call you tonight so we can catch up?"

"Please do, Ally. But I doubt that I will last longer in this job."

Ally smiled, "Don't be so jinx, Lo. Like I said, Camila already moved on. Everything will be okay."

"Yeah, I wish. Bye, Al." I kiss Ally's cheek before heading outside the room.

"Are we going to grab some ice cream now, Lawren?"

"Yes, we are my little Superman."

"Yey!" He squealed and tighten  his hug on me. I open the passenger door and settle him in the backseat comfortably. I make sure that the seatbelt is intact before I retract and close the car door. I jogged my way to the driver's seat and drive to the nearest ice cream store that I can find.

However, it's not the ice cream that caught Clark's attention. It's the pet shop right beside the ice cream store.

"Dogs!!! Aw! Aw! Aw! Aw!" Clark bark along with the dogs displayed at the pet shop making me laugh.

"You like them?"

"I love them! Especially that black one!" Clark pointed at the black german shepherd puppy who's wiggling it's tail while looking at us, "Lawren, can you buy me one? I really want that black one."

I don't even need to go up there and ask how much cause I know the dog that Clark wants is expensive. It's German Shepherd for god's sake and since he wants the black one, the price is surely twice as the regular price considering black shepherds rarely happens.

"Kal-El, I don't have enough money right now."

And that's the start of a very long hours of having a bargain with the kid. A very long hours of pleading to let go of the puppy of his dreams because we cannot take it home right now. A very long hours of despair because of the loud sneaky sound he makes when he's crying. A very long hours of convincing him to choose ice cream instead of that puppy. A very long hours watching Clark used himself to mop the road because of his tantrums. A very long hours of misery, if you'll ask me.

Luckily, I manage to convince him to choose an ice cream instead. But that doesn't mean he's letting go of the idea of taking that expensive puppy home.

"What do you want?" I asked while snuggling him in my arms.

"Vanilla." He simply answered before burying his face on the crook of my neck.

"Give me two Vanilla ice cream with sprinkles as a topping."

Once we got our order, we settle at the table for two near the television so he can watch while we're eating this ice cream.

[Television: Steel and cranium meets, you don't have to guess who wins. Edge is spaghetti like. The deadman is not looking for— uh-oh. OW! The undertaker's head... and shoulder against the steel ring post. Edge able to put on a breaks and saving himself there and.... SPEAR!!!!]

I was in the middle of licking and savouring the taste of vanilla ice cream in my tongue when Clark suddenly squealed loudly while giggling as he bounced up and down on his chair, "BAAM!!!"

I look at him and then to the television that he's watching. It's WWE, a match between taker and Edge who obviously interest Clark so much.

"Lawren! Lawren! Look! They broke the cage!" Clark kept pulling the sleeves of my shirt with his brown eyes never left on the screen. Every turning points of the match never failed to make Clark squeal.

We stayed longer at the ice cream shop more than we should be just to finish the match. Alfred already texted me asking where are we because Camila's getting worried at home so I carry Clark over my shoulder just like how Undertaker picks up Edge and swing him over his shoulder. Throughout the drive on the way home, Clark never stops talking about wrestling and how that thing interest him which is so cute to hear. Not because he's into violence but hearing him squealed like a girl and a laugh afterwards is the cutest and best part of it.

"We're home." I announced after I parked the car on the driveway. Clark and I walk together inside the house hand in hand where we're both greeted with Alfred, Camila, and the other woman standing beside her.

"Mommy!" Clark run towards Camila. But instead of giving the brunette a hug, Clark gave her a spear instead causing both of them to land straight to the floor.

"Ouch!" Camila groaned while laughing.

"SPEAAAR!!! Here's Clark," And then Clark throws his little body on top of Camila, "OneTwoThree! I win!!!" And then he squealed again making all of us laugh.

Alfred helped Camila stand up as the brunette picks up Clark, "How's your school, tiger?"

"Uhmm, mommy?"

"Yes, tiger?"

"There's, uhmm, there's a small get-together at school tomorrow."

Camila knitted her eyebrows, "Small get-together? How small?"

"You, me, and... and the principal." Clark mumbled the last three words but still enough for us to hear it. I took the slip that Ally gave me from my pocket and hand it over to Camila. The brunette took it without meeting my gaze. She read the slip for a moment before she speak.

"I knew it. A small reunion of disciplinary actions." Camila put Clark down and turn her gaze to the woman standing beside her.

"Veronica, this is Clark. Tiger, this is Veronica. She's your new babysitter."

I knew it. I wouldn't last longer in this job.

"Mommy!!! I don't want any other babysitter! I want Lawren!" Clark is beginning to have tantrums again and Alfred is quick to comfort the little boy.

"Sssh, Clark. It's okay, it's okay. You'll see Lauren around the school," And then Alfred turn his gaze on me, "right, Lauren?"

"Yeah. Yeah Ka-El, Alfred's right. We'll still see each other at school."

"Nooooo!!!! I want Lawren!!!" Clark's at the very edge of crying so Alfred picks him up.

"I'm so sorry, tiger. But Lauren is going to babysit mommy that's why I hired Veronica so she can babysit you. Lauren can't babysit the two of us at the same time."

Wait, what?! I'm going to babysit who?!

My mouth unconsciously dropped open while looking at Camila. She look at me and she's giving me a smile again. But it was different from the smile she gave to me this morning. The smile on her face right now is more like... mischievous. A smile I couldn't trust.

What are you up to, Camila?

Clark started to calm down as he run towards my direction and wrapped his little arms around my thighs. I kneel down and cupped his face, "Don't be sad now, okay?"

He nod his head and flash a smile before Veronica picks him up and headed upstairs.

"Welcome to the household, Miss Jauregui!" Alfred gave me a smile and pulled me in for a quick hug.

"Thank you, Alfred."

"Come on, I'll show you around."

"No, Alfred." Camila immediately butt in making my heart rate increase. "Let me do the honour of showing Lauren around the house."

I bit the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from smiling. The way she says my name brings butterflies in my stomach.

"If you say so, Miss Cabello. I'll leave you two for a moment." And then Alfred started to walk away.

The atmosphere changes as soon as Alfred leaves the scene. It was awkward. The tension is incredibly felt. It's burning under my skin just like how her brown eyes are burning a hole at the back of my skull. I can't even look at her straight in the eyes for too long or to even stand close to her without the feeling of being uncomfortable and uneasy. I mean, anybody who's in my shoes will feel the same thing when you know you're standing next to a very beautiful and shinning star and when you know to yourself you're far more than that— that you're just a nobody who's life has no future. It's a feeling that I can never manage to get out of my system no matter how hard I try to work it out.

"I want to clear something before we start the tour. The deal that Alfred made with you is totally different now now that it's me that you'll be working for and not for Clark. You'll be my PA and my personal maid as well. You will cook for me, you will do my laundry, you will do everything I say, understand?"

I nod my head lowly as my response causing Camila to raise her right eyebrow while looking at me.

"What? Are you mute or something?" She asked in a bitchy way.

"Yeah, I understand." I said above whisper without looking at Camila's eyes.

"Are you embarrassed?"

I can feel my cheeks flushed in red. I lift up my eyes to meet her gaze. I'm about to open my mouth to answer her when Camila answered her own question.

"You shouldn't be. I mean, you weren't embarrassed when you cheated on me, right?"

I cleared my throat. This is so fucking awkward. Ally's wrong. Camila's not being friendly, she's being too salty to me and for what I did 5 years ago.

"Look, Camila—" The brown eyed girl quickly cut me off. Her glare became sharp and intense this time.

"It's Miss Cabello. You will address me as Miss Cabello because I am your boss and you're my PA."

"Okay, Miss Cabello."

"Good," She smiled cockily, obviously enjoying the game she's putting on. "Now, let's proceed to the house tour."

Camila leads the way while I'm trailing her from behind. We went first to the first floor. The kitchen, the laundry room, the office, the entertainment room, and the living room. And then next is upstairs. She showed me Clark's room that was super messy, the maids room, and Alfred's room while Camila just pointed out her and Shawn's room, emphasising the words 'that's my boyfriend and I's bedroom' to me which I get it. I'm not a moron or something. And lastly, Camila showed me the garage where the black Rolls-Royce car was parked and on the other side are bunch of ladders and mechanical tools.

"And this also serves as your room."

I look at Camila with a wide eyed, "My room? But isn't this—"

"A garage, I know. What do you think of me? Stupid?" Camila snapped.

I shake my head no, "No, I'm sorry."

Camila raised an eyebrow while looking at me so I added, "Miss Cabello."

"Good, cause people who left just like that doesn't deserve a nice treatment. Do you agree, Lauren?" Camila looked straight in my eyes.

And that's when everything sync in my head. Camila purposely doing this because I left her, like a revenge. And I knew that it's entirely my fault. But right now, right at this very moment where garage will be my new room for god knows how long, nope. I will do anything and everything to bargain with Camila about this cause never in hell I will sleep in here with no mattress, no AC, and no heater where only one pillow and blanket are my only resources.

"Yeah, you're right. But I don't think that it's fair that you will give someone a not so very nice treatment when you told them to leave in the first place because you don't want to see them ever again. You told them to leave. That's different. Do you agree, Miss Cabello?"

The anger became visibly clear in Camila's eyes, "But they still left! And on top of that, they cheated! And a cheater like them deserves way more worse than this!"

And then Camila walked away, slamming the door of the garage.

Remind me to never bargain with the fire again.

***

Camila's POV

My flight going back to LA became a little bit earlier than what I'm expecting which is good because I already miss my son. And Alfred also told me that the babysitter he found for Clark will arrived today. I honestly couldn't wait to meet her after all the good and positive remarks that Alfred told me. I'm so happy that Clark finally found a babysitter that he'd like.

When I came home, I sneak up on Clark's super messy room and hid the nerf toy before descending downstairs to have a chitchat with Alfred to catch up on things I missed while I'm away. Soon, Clark marched downstairs and squealed as soon as he saw me.

"Mommy!!!" He run towards my direction. I kneel down and open my arms for him. He crashed his little body on me and hug me tight, "Mommy, where's my present?"

"Jesus! I miss you too, tiger!" I chuckled, "I hid it in your room so clean it and you will find the nerf toy I bought for you."

"Mommy!" Clark pouted so I pouted my lips too.

"Have you seen your room? It looks like a huge garbage room, tiger."

"You go clean it, Clark. Or else Lauren won't come here." Alfred second handed making Clark move like a worm in my arms. I put him down and he immediately run upstairs.

"I'M ON IT!" He yelled in motivated tone as Alfred and I shook our heads while smiling.

"Clark didn't sleep the whole night. He's so excited to see Lauren."

"Well, I'm excited to see her too." Just please don't let it be the Lauren I never wanted to see ever again.

After finishing the cup of coffee, I headed straight to Clark's room so I can bath him and prepare him for school.

"Tiger," I swing the door open and I was surprise to see a rush but clean room. He's sitting on his bed checking his nerf gun with a huge smile on his face. I pick him up and snuggle him. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. If it weren't for my son, I'm long gone in this world.

I pampered him with kisses as I bath him. Of course, the bathing session wouldn't be complete without teasing him being a little boy which he still is. After taking a bath, I put on his uniform on him and shower him with cologne so he'll smell good for the day. I'm about to brush his hair when Clark suddenly squealed and run downstairs as fast as he can.

"Tiger! Wait! Where are you going?" I yelled but I got no response.

I put back all the essential stuff of Clark inside the cabinet before I headed downstairs.

"Tiger, where are you?" I called out once again after I scan the whole living room and found that it was empty.

"Outside mommy! Lawren is here!" Clark answered. His voice is coming from the outside so I headed where they are so I can finally meet Lauren whom my son likes so much.

"Really? I'm so—" I stopped at the mid of my sentence as soon as my brown orbs met green. "Disappointed to see her." I continued my sentence mentally.

I stare at her for a moment, re-reading the same lines from the book I've already memorized yet it still feels like it's the first time. Her green eyes are still the same just like how exactly I remembered it. Her hair grows a little longer, her face is still the same, and her lips is still that soft lips I'm loving— wait what?! What the hell am I saying?

"Used to loved, Camila! She's the person you used to love and grown to hate as the time goes by!" I lectured myself.

I shook my head internally to clear off the thoughts. The girl who left me and my son is now standing in front of me. The girl whom I hopelessly waited for three years is now standing right in front of me. The girl who owns me a lot of answers to a lot of my questions is now here. Just within my reach. And funny cause just when I stopped waiting and stopped searching for answers and started living the life without her that's when she... poof! Suddenly appeared out of no where. What is this? Why is fate playing with me like this?

I wanted to yell at her. I wanted to slap her. I wanted to curse the hell out of her for putting me through so much pain and for abandoning me and my son at the times where we needed her most. Where I needed her most. But that would be so stupid of me to do, right? Cause hell, it's been 5 long years. Doing that would make me look like I haven't moved on from her. It would only make me look like a loser. Like a complete idiot for still hanging on the threads of her words. Who am I in her life anyway? No one. And she's no one in my life, me and my son's life as well.

So instead I flash a friendly smile at her. Even though the wounds and anger suddenly explodes right into my body, I still manage to smile at her. Even though it's hatred that's controlling me right now, I still took the high road.

"Miss Cabello, this is the babysitter I'm talking to you about. Her name is Lauren. Lauren, this is Miss Cabello. Clark's mother." Alfred introduced us to each other.

Lauren glance at my son then back to me, and I know exactly what she's thinking right now. And I will do anything to make her stay out of Clark's life as possible as I can. Clark is already happy having me and Shawn. He doesn't need to know more about her shitty mum.

"Hi, Lauren. It's so nice to finally meet you. My name's Camila." I greeted her with a smile.

"See? It wasn't that hard to do, right?" I comforted myself mentally.

Before the day goes by that Lauren will working as my son's babysitter, I make sure to wipe that little doubt that she had in her mind.

"Clark is Shawn and I's son so don't ever think that he's yours." I snapped before walking inside the house.

I called Alfred in the kitchen and told him to find another babysitter within the day. And I know that he will asked further more questions so I beat him up to it by telling him I'm not in a mood to have a q&a portion with him.

Today is the supposedly lunch date that I have with Normani, Ally, and Dinah but Ally already texted us earlier saying she can't went for another absent streak and needed to have a class so I guess it's me, Normani, and Dinah for today's lunch. It's a good thing though so I have someone to tell about what happened earlier.

"I'm so sorry, Mani. Am I late?" I asked with an apologetic smile as soon as I reach the table where Normani is.

"Not really, Mila. Don't think about it." Normani put down the newspaper that she's reading to give me a hug and quick peck on the cheek.

"Where's Dinah?"

"Dinah won't make it. She's been caught up with her busy schedules. As always."

"Well, I'm glad you guys are still managing to keep the relationship going."

"Yeah, thank god." Normani chuckled, "That's the kind of blessing that I always pray to stay and last, you know? And thankfully, we're approaching 6 years this coming three weeks."

"I am so happy for the both of you, Normani. Really." I said sincerely.

"Thank you, Mila. And I'm so happy for you and Shawn as well."

"Yeah," I nod my head slowly with a smile, "that's one thing I'm also thankful about. For having him and Clark in my life."

"And speaking of that handsome kid. How is he?"

"Still a trouble maker. Nothing new."

Normani chuckled as she handed me cup of coffee, "We knew his roots so nothing is really surprising in that news."

"Speaking of the roots, Lauren came back."

Normani nearly spit the coffee out of her mouth. Luckily, she didn't.

"Lauren what?!"

"Yeah, she's back. And guess what? Lauren is Clark's babysitter right now.

"Oh shit."

"I was really happy when Alfred told me that he finally found a babysitter whom Clark really likes. Turns out, it was Lauren. And the reason why Clark likes her instantly is because of their mother-and-son connection."

"So what did you do? Did you slap her? Did you yell at her? Come on, Mila. Spill!" Normani eagerly asked and I can sense that she's excited to know.

"No, I didn't. Of course, I wouldn't do that. I don't want to leave a bad impression to my son. Clark likes Lauren so much, remember?"

"So that leaves you to what? Not firing her and let her get close to you and Clark?"

"I'm not going to fire her, Normani. I got a better plan in my head." I smirk devilishly at the plan I come up.

"And what's that, Cabello?"

"Making her taste her own medicine. I'll make her life a living hell and when she complain, Normani. Just one complain coming from her and I'll take that chance to do the things I longing to do."

"Hmm, and then you will fall for her again."

"What?! Never again!" I immediately defended myself, "I only feel anger and hatred towards her, Normani. Nothing else."

Normani nod her head before she lift up her phone, "I recorded it just in case you swallow everything you said today one day."

"That, I assure you, my friend, will never happen. Ever."

Normani shakes her head, "Alright then. If you say so you wise devil bitch. Cheers to do that." We let out a chuckle as Normani and I make a coffee toast.

***

As the plan I laid out to Normani yesterday, I'm happily to enforce it starting today. On Lauren's first day of working for me.

I descended downstairs and I was greeted with Alfred who's having a cup of coffee on the kitchen stool. Next to him is a cup of coffee which he usually made for me.

"Good morning, Miss Cabello." Alfred greeted while sipping his coffee.

"Good morning, Alfred." I greeted back and sit beside him to have my morning coffee.

"I'd like to ask... why is Miss Jauregui sleeping on the garage?"

And then I remembered that I made her sleep on the garage, "Where is she?"

"I made her transfer to my room, Miss Cabello."

"What?! Alfred, I made her sleep on the garage! It's her room."

"Garage was never a room, Miss Cabello. You're action is not humanitarian at all."

I massage the temple of my head. Alfred is the one who'll ruin my entire plan, "Alfred, IT IS humanitarian act, okay? Garage is such a comfy place."

"Why don't you try and sleep there tonight, Miss Cabello? Let's see if you can still say it to me again."

"Alfred, I am your boss!" I protested.

"You are, Miss Cabello. But that doesn't mean that I will support and tolerate your mistreating to your maids. Just because Lauren is—"

"Alfred! Lauren is Clark's baby mommy!" I whisper-yell at him so he can know where I'm coming from, "So do you understand now?"

"Oh my god," Alfred breathed out.

"Please promise me that you will never tell anyone especially Lauren and Clark. No one should know."

"I promise, Miss Cabello."

I glance at Alfred and he's still shock by the bomb I just dropped.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm just... now it all makes why Clark likes her so much and why Clark had resemblance of her. The looks and the attitude, I suppose."

I nod my head, "I was a good kid, you know? But weird. And obviously, Clark didn't get that weird trait so thank god."

Alfred chuckled, "But Miss Cabello, don't you think she should know?"

"What is she? A lucky bastard? After she abandoned us I would still give her the privilege to know about our son? No, Alfred. She already lost the right to know the moment she decided to left us just like that."

"I understand. So what now, Miss Cabello?"

"Just let me do my thing, Alfred. Please, I'm begging you."

I can see that Alfred is not okay with whatever I'm planning to do. With a heavy heart, he nod his head and promise me that he won't interfere with my plan.

"Now I want you to call all of our maids."

"As you wish Miss Cabello." Alfred stand up from his seat and ascended upstairs. After a few minutes, all the maids came down including Alfred.

"Good morning, Miss Cabello." The maids greeted in unison.

"Good morning. So, I called you all today to share a very great news!" I said excitedly. Exactly, I saw in my peripheral vision that Lauren is already up and slowly descending downstairs with an aching body. And I can't hide my smile because of it.

"I'm giving y'all a month of break. Enjoy the life and have some fun. And don't worry, y'all will still be paid. Advance Merry Christmas, folks!"

They all cheered and started to jump up and down while saying their endless thank you to me.

"What's going on?" I heard Lauren asked the other maid.

"Miss Cabello sent us for advance Christmas break and it's paid!"

"Really?" I can see Lauren's smiling so I immediately came to break the ice on her that cheater is not included in that Christmas vacation treatment.

"Except you, Lauren. You're sticking up with me, remember?" I said with a smirk, "Anyway, you can now pack up your things and enjoy your vacation. Alfred will you give you the money."

I look at Alfred and motion him to assist all of them and he immediately gets it as he assist all of our maids inside the office to give them the check.

Let the wicked games of revenge begins.

"Lauren, make me some coffee."

"Okay." Lauren smiled at me before she make her way towards the kitchen. After a minute, she came back with a mug of coffee.

"Good morning, Miss Cabello. How was your sleep?" Lauren asked brightly as the green eyed brunette put down the cup of coffee in front of me.

Her bright greeting makes my stomach turn upside down.

"Good. You?" Lauren open her mouth and about to speak but I beat her up to it, "And the girl you've slept with while we were still in a relationship?"

I stare straight in her green eyes while Lauren looked at me with disbelief. I laugh sarcastically, "I'm just joking."

Lauren fake a gag, "You're so funny."

I sip on the coffee that she made and make an awful face, "This coffee is too strong." I push it slightly towards her direction.

"I'm sorry. I'll make you another one." Lauren return to the kitchen and make me another coffee.

Honestly, the coffee that she made taste good and there's nothing wrong with it. And of course, I won't tell her that.

The cycle of me rejecting her delicious coffee and Lauren going back and forth to the kitchen while mumbling sorry continues. I'm actually enjoying this.

"The coffee still taste strong. Again."

"Add more cream."

"The coffee is bland. I feel like I'm drinking a fucking lame ass soup."

"Add more cream, Lauren! Come on!"

"Now it's too sweet, what the hell?!"

And for the 10th time, Lauren came back to me and put down the mug of coffee in front of me. Yet again, I made a horrible face. "Jesus fucking christ! This coffee taste horrible! Do you know how to make a simple coffee?"

"I'm sorry—"

"I don't need another lame sorry from you, Lauren! I need you to do your job right because I'm paying you! You're good at jumping from one relationship to another yet you can't make a simple coffee? Ridiculous!" I yelled angrily at her while eyeing at her sharply.

Come on, Lauren. Talk back to me. Don't hold it all inside yourself.

I'm waiting for her to talk back and complain but I got none. Instead, I get another sincere sorry.

"I'm really sorry. I'll just make you another—"

I immediately dismissed her by pushing the mug off of the counter, making the broken shards to scatter all over the floor and stain it with spilled coffee.

"Never mind! I lost my appetite in drinking my morning coffee." I said making the annoyance clearly visible on my voice, "Clean that up."

Lauren's about to run towards the bathroom to get the mop but I stop her.

"Using your hands."

Lauren's jaw dropped while looking at me, "Using my hands?" She repeated.

"Are you a parrot? Don't repeat my words." I snapped at her.

I watch Lauren kneel down and pick up the broken pieces one by one using her hands.

"Why don't you complain, Lauren?! Why can't you give me what I want?!" I screamed internally while watching her.

While picking the broken pieces, a blood suddenly mixed at the spilled coffee so I know she injured herself while doing it. Instead of feeling guilt, what I'm feeling right now is satisfaction. Happiness,  knowing she's hurt. But this isn't enough to repay all of my sufferings. All of the pain that I dealt alone all because of her. This is nothing compared to my pain.

"Lauren!" Alfred's worried yelled snap me out from my thoughts. He rush towards Lauren and stop her from what she's doing, "Oh my god, you're bleeding!" He helped her get back on her feet.

"I'm okay, Alfred. This is nothing." The green eyed girl assured him.

"Yeah, she's right. That was nothing compared to the pain she caused to me." I said bitterly before walking out.

Lunch time, I told Veronica that I'll be the one who will prepare Clark since we're both going to school to meet his principal for the small get-together.

"Mommy?"

I fix the collar of his uniform before I answer, "What is it, tiger?"

"Can we please exchange babysitter? I want Lawren. I don't want her."

"Tiger," I cupped his shoulders, "Don't say that. Veronica might heard you and you'll hurt her feelings. Is that what you want?"

My son shakes his head with a small frown on his lips.

"Isn't Veronica more kind and loving than Lauren? She's pretty too."

"She is, mommy. But Lawren is more fun to be with. Veronica only allows me to watch cartoons and not wrestling. I want wrestling mommy."

I chuckled while caressing his head, "Little kids like you should only watch cartoons and not wrestling."

"But I'm a man now, mommy. See?" Clark flex his thin small arm on me making me laugh.

"You're just a little boy with no muscle, tiger. Look at this," I flex my arm on him and Clark hold it so he can feel my muscle. He pout his lips upon feeling it while I stick my tongue out, "You don't have an arm like that. Bleh!"

"Mommy!!!" Clark groaned before pushing me away from him making me laugh.

"What? You started it, tiger. Aren't you flexing your arm on me few seconds ago? I just answered back."

"You're making fun of me."

"Yes, I am. What's the problem with that?"

"Mommy!!!!" Clark push me again causing me to lose my balance and stumble on the floor.

I let out a teasingly laugh before I motion him to come and hug me which he did, "Kidding aside, you're still mommy's baby boy. But don't worry, cause soon you'll grown up like Shawn."

Clark pulled his head back enough to meet my gaze, "More handsome than Yawn?"

"Of course! You're the most handsome and hottest boy in the universe. And oh! Did I mention that you're the hottest boy in the whole entire universe?"

Clark giggled and nod his head, "Yes mommy, you did."

"And you all got that from?"

"From my mommy Camila."

I smirk, "Cause she's the most...?"

"Hottest woman in the whole entire universe!"

"And because of that," I get back on my feet and lift him up in the mid air, "We're gonna grab our lunch and attend the small get-together at school, okay?"

Clark nodded and showered him with lots of kisses as we make our way downstairs making him laugh out loud in the process.

"Lunch is ready!" Alfred called out with a smile. He's standing beside the dinning table while Lauren and Veronica are arranging the plates.

"Veronica, what are you doing?"

"Arranging the plates, Miss Cabello."

"No, no. Leave that all to Lauren. All you have to do is to take care of Clark, nothing else. As for the rest of house chores, it's Lauren."

The green eyed girl stop from what she's doing and look at me. The announcement obviously caught her by surprise.

"You got something to say?" I challenge her and Lauren just simply shook her head.

"I want to hear your voice, pumpkin." Eater. I added the word mentally while looking at her cockily.

Alfred and Veronica looked at each other before they focus their gaze on me and Lauren.

Lauren took sigh, "Nothing, Miss Cabello."

Lauren and I stare at each other for it feels like eternity. I was glaring at her with nothing but pure hatred and despise while Lauren's throwing me an innocent and apologetic look. And I'm so glad that Alfred broke the staring contest between us.

"Alright, alright. Let's eat."

I pulled the chair and settle beside my son. Veronica on Clark's left. Alfred settle at the middle of the table while Lauren sit beside him. The green eyed brunette is about to scoop some rice so I immediately speak.

"I don't want to eat alongside with a cheater." Lauren seemed to froze in the mid of scooping. A silence filled the dinning area. Veronica and Clark's not following what I'm saying. Alfred's looking at me while shaking his head slowly. His eyes are practically begging me to stop but I completely ignore.

"No, I'm just kidding!" I fake a laugh, "What I meant to say is, I'm not comfortable eating with maids."

Lauren smiled timidly before backing away from the table.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Veronica apologized before she stand up from her seat.

"Stay, Veronica. You're Clark's babysitter, not maid." I smiled sincerely at her.

"Lawren, stay." Clark said with a frown so I glance at Lauren and she's looking at my son with a smile.

"Eat well, kiddo. Lawren has some important things to do." And then her green orbs shifted on me, still wearing that stupid smile. "You too, Miss Cabello." And with that, Lauren walked away.

"I guess I'll be eating later too." Alfred suddenly stand up from his seat. I looked at him questionably with a raised eyebrow, "I don't want Miss Cabello to feel uncomfortable." And then Alfred walked away as well.

This is just the beginning, Lauren. I'm just having a warm up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 19.8K 38
It's so hard to forget about the people who once loved you and cared for you. And it's harder to forget the ones who have cheated you and played you...
292K 6.2K 39
One of the hardest things to deal with is being secretly in love with your best friend.
233K 6.9K 14
Camila a hopeless romantic navigates through the struggles of being in love with the most oblivious and closed woman she's ever met. G!p Lauren.
57.2K 1.5K 25
Lauren always wonders to herself when she fucked up in her life. How she lost the love of her life? How she didn't think twice? Now she's gone and do...