Brooklyn's Queen: A Spot Conl...

By queenofnewsies23

Finley Kelly, the little sister of the famous Jack Kelly. She's the only girl newsie in all of New York, and... More

Intro
Chapter 1: Carrying The Banner
Chapter 2: You learn from Jack, you learn from the best
Chapter 3: Girl?
Chapter 4: Darkness
Chapter 5: The World Will Know
Chapter 6: Ambassadors
Chapter 7: Spot Conlon
Chapter 8: Seize the Day
Chapter 9: Those Eyes
Chapter 10: Brooklyn Is Here!
Chapter 11: You's A Brave Goil
Chapter 12: Jack 'ill Kill Me
Chapter 13: Perfectly Toned Body
Chapter 14: Any Problems?
Chapter 15: High Times, Hard Times
Chapter 16: Our Man Denton
Chapter 17: I Don't Understand
Chapter 18: You's Stabbed Us All In The Back
Chapter 19: Firery Goils
Chapter 20: John Davis
Chapter 21: The World Will Feel The Fire and Finally Know
Chapter 22: Dear Old Brotha
Chapter 23: You's Spot's goil?
Chapter 24: Thank Ya, I Mean It
Chapter 25: Harry from Queens
Chapter 26: Guess That Lucky Guy Is You
Chapter 27: About, You and Spot
Chapter 28: Business
Chapter 29: Girls Night Out
Chapter 30: Murderers in New York
Chapter 31: Still Living In Brooklyn
Chapter 33: Who Disobeyed My Orders
Chapter 34: Us?
Chapter 35: Wit and Maisy
Chapter 36: Caught
Chapter 37: Awake
Chapter 38: Cookies
Chapter 39: I Love You

Chapter 32: Comin' to 'hattan

4.1K 74 27
By queenofnewsies23

To make money, I sold papes here in Brooklyn, but still undercover as a boy. I woke up next to find Spot looking at me. I ran my hands through my hair to untangle it.

I smirked at him. "What?"

"Nothin'," Spot leaned over and gave me a quick kiss. "Yous jus so beautiful."

I blushed. Spot pushed the sheets off of him and got ready to sell. I took a minute to get up. I was still mourning over Skittery's death, and very upset I couldn't be with the Manhattan newsies at this time.

"Come on Finn, yous gonna be late." Spot motioned to me.

I sighed. "Is know, Is know..." I sat up and yawned. Spot walked over to me and kissed my head.

"Meet ya outside. Don't be too late." He pointed at me and I smiled.

"No promises." I chuckled. I was never late, in fact, I was always the one who was extra early. I guess everything that happened has just been slowing me down. There's only so much I can take.

Within 5 minutes, I was at the window to get my papes. Spot was standing there talking to McGee. After getting my newspapers, I walked up to them and Spot put his arm around my shoulder. 

"Hey, ya made it!" He teased.

I scoffed. "Oh please, I's on time."

Spot smiled at me. I looked away, trying not to blush again. Then, he looked at me and then McGee.

"Hey, I knows you ain't  gonna like dis, but I's decided for McGee to sell wit cha today." Spot said.

I looked at him. "Why?"

"Finn, come on. Yous know what happened, the murderers are now goin' afta people in broad day light and-"

"I's don't need a babysitta, I's can take care of myself." I protested. I looked at the both of them. "Trust me Spot, I's know what goin' on. I's careful, I's don't need someone followin' me around all day."

"I know, but I's jus tryin' to protect ya Finn." Spot took off his cap and ran his hands through his hair. "Yous gotta know that, I's know yous okay and I trusts yous, but I's don't trust everyone else in dis city."

I gave him a look like 'this is not fun.' He just shook it off and gave me a hug. I tried to push him off, but he was too strong. 

"Get off." I said.

"Awlright, awlright." Spot put his hands into the air. "I's gonna head out. Yous, take care of her." He pointed at McGee.

"Don't cha worry Spot." McGee told him and Spot turned and went in the other direction.

McGee then turned to me. "Awlright Finn, let's get goin'."

We started to walk. "Yous don't need to follow me around all day."

I just then realized that I wanted to go visit Sarah today. Shoot, I had to find some way to shake McGee off for a few hours. I planned on waiting a little bit, until I sold a few papes and I wouldn't complain until then. 

"So, I's got half me pile gone, I like dis spot." I told McGee.

"Yeah? Well, don't gets too comfortable, dis is my sellin' spot." He grabbed the ends of his vest and pulled them forward, showing off.

I smirked, handing a pape to a woman. "Thanks ya ma'am."

McGee sold his a few teenagers, rich one obviously. Their hand made suits and freshly shinned shoes gave it away. They looked about my age and caught a glance at us. I smiled at them, and they laughed and turned in the other direction. I guess their too special to interact with anyone but the rich. 

"So, McGee, since I's almost done, I's figure I's would head out for a bit..." I started to walk in another direction.

McGee put his hand out in front of me, stopping my body from moving. "Nah, ah, that's funny if yous think yous leavin' me."

"Come on McGee, I's ain't goin' far." I complained.

"Oh yeah? Wheres dat?" He asked. 

I scratched my head. "Uh, 'hattan?"

"Yeah, no," He chuckled, selling another paper. "That, my friend, ain't a 5 minute walk."

I sighed. I now decided to play the 'sympathy card' on him. "McGee, come on, I's jus wanna go see Jack and my friends from 'hattan, I's want to see them because, because of..." I trailed off.

McGee sighed and rubbed his hands on his face. "Finn, I knows what jus happened, but I's can't disobey Spot's orders. Do ya know what he'll do to me?"

"I knows, I knows..." I crossed my arms and looked out among the crowd. "Well, I means, Spot jus said yous can't leave my side."

McGee shook his head. "No, I ain't takin' ya to 'hattan."

"McGee, please," I looked at him with my big green eyes. He turned his head toward me. "I's jus wanna see them, and, be there for them because of Skittery."

"Ugh," McGee rubbed his eyes. "Fine, but, you's can't tell Spot I took ya there."

I smiled and gave him a hug. "Thank ya McGee!"

"Yeah, yeah, let's get goin' now. The soona we leave, the soona we get back."

We started our walk towards Manhattan. We sold close to the Brooklyn bridge, so we were over that in no time and into my home. We walked for about another half and hour and we finally reached the Manhattan lodging house. I wasn't sure if any one was going to be here, if they were out selling, or still mourning over the death of our friend. I saw Race and Mush sitting outside, playing some game with the cards. I smiled when I saw them. They looked over and saw me walking over to them. Race got up and he ran over to me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back, tightly. It was nice to see my best friend.

"Geez Finn, feels like I haven't seen ya in years." He told me. Mush then made his way over.

"Heya Finn." He too gave me a hug and then released me. 

"Wait, what's you doin' in 'hattan?" Race asked. 

"I's, I's wanted to come see yous guys..." I said.

Mush then spoke up. "Yous come alone?" They had not noticed McGee walking with me.

I shook my head. "I's came wit McGee." I told them, pointed at him. Race and Mush turned their heads and finally saw McGee.

"Heya McGee, how's it rollin'?" Race asked, shaking his hand. 

"Eh, it's been fine, we's holdin' on." Then Mush shook his hand. 

"Jack know ya here?" Race asked, hesitant.

I looked down and twiddled my thumbs.

"Finley, come on." Race said. 

"Race, I's needed to come here. I's miss yous guys." I told him.

Race sighed, then put his arm around my shoulder. "I knows, but go see him. He ain't been good since, Skittery." 

I nodded. I gave Race another big hug. "We's will come see Finn, don't be comin' ova here to 'hattan. It ain't safe any more." Race said.

McGee and I turned away from them and I directed him to Jack's selling spot. We came up to the main square, and it was still crowded as ever. I saw Jack standing on a crate holding a few papes in his hands. I walked over to him. He didn't noticed me in the crowd and I came very close to him. He finally looked down and saw me standing there. He jumped down and grabbed  my shoulders, pulling me aside.

"Finley, are ya crazy comin' here?" Jack said, angrily. 

"Jack, I-"

"Did yous come alone?" His voice got a bit louder.

"No! McGee's here." I pointed to him. Jack looked over my shoulder, nodded at McGee, then turned his attention back to me.

"Jesus Finn, yous safa in Brooklyn." Jack told me.

"Yeah Jack I knows, but did ya expect me to stay away afta what jus happened?" I said, annoyed.

Jack sighed and looked at the ground. "No, I's was expectin' ya, soona or later." He spoke softly.

His gaze came back up to me. I then leaned forward and gave him a tight hug. He embraced it and wrapped his arms around me too. We stood there for a minute before pulling away. Jack took off his cap and ran his hands through his hair. I saw his eyes starting to get watery, but he held it back. He wanted to stay tough.

"It's okay." I whispered to him. 

He wiped his eyes. "Nah, not here." He looked over at McGee, who stood there watching us.

"Spot approve of yous two comin' here?" Jack asked.

"Not exactly..." McGee said. "Yous sista was goin' to come wit or witout me, so I's figure I's jus make it easier and come wit her."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Thats me sista, neva listenin' to the rules."

I punched his shoulder. "Oh shut it."

They both chuckled. "Well, I's appreciate it, but yous should be headin' back. Spot ain't a guy to mess around wit." Jack said to us. 

"Yeah, I knows." McGee smirked. I nodded. 

"Come see me soon? Wit any updates yous get, or anythin'." I told Jack.

"'course." He squeezed my hand, and went on with selling papes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2K 25
{Y/N} Kelly gets herself into some complicated situations. A girl posing as a boy to escape law enforcement and an overprotective brother that doesn'...
88K 1.1K 17
Josephine Carter became the first and only female Newsie when she ran away from her family at the age of ten because they didn't love her. Jack Kelly...
1.2K 28 16
Y/n Kelly, Jack's sister, a newsie from Manhattan who is best friends with Race, Albert and Specs. But she has liked Race for about 1 year, only Crut...
16.5K 276 12
Elizabeth Higgins little sister of Racetrack Higgins. Elizabeth had never loved a guy or fallen for one that is until she meets the famous King of Br...