A different family than yours...

By bamsworld21

(C) I own this novel, no permission to copyright or own this. Do not ruin one's dream by using and saying thi... More

Prologue| Dev
Chapter 2| Wilmer
Chapter 3| Wilmer
Chapter 4
5|| Devonne
Chapter 6| Demi
7|| Demi
Chapter 8 || Dev
8.2 demi
9|| Dev

Chapter 1| Wilmer

2.2K 66 6
By bamsworld21

(16-17 years ago ~ Past)

"Will, c-can you come over?" asked a worried Demi over the phone.

"Wilmer, did you hear me?" asked Demi.

"I heard you, Amor. I am on my way. You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just we need to talk about something," said Demi adamant. I disliked her adamant tone, it usually meant she was not in a good mood.

"Ok. Talk to you in a bit. I'm about to get on the road" I said.

We had been dating for a quite while when we heard the news. I was twenty-nine years old the most exciting, yet scary news occurred. Demi was seventeen and I never wanted to put her in this situation. When I heard Demi's nervous and worried tone, I grabbed my jacket and drove quickly to her house right away. Her voice and tone scared me as I sped through the streets to her place.
She had been through so much since touring with Camp Rock 2 and was overworked. I helped her get healthy and sober. But also she needs to credit it to herself. It had been only six months sober. I'm so proud of my Nena.

When I knocked on Demi's front door, I hoped for her to open the door wide open and with open arms. When she usually did that, she would wrap her arms around my waist and kiss me slowly. I would hold Demi in my arms close before we go upstairs. Then, we'd lay on her bed as I held her tight for an hour or more if she was not up to talking. By then, Demi would forget what she was so pent up and angry about since we were in deep oblivion of our love.

I'm a good friend and now boyfriend. I mean I wasn't so happy about the age gap, but I didn't mind it. I am not the best boyfriend ever, you could check my record on that. But, I had helped Demi here and there. Told her the things a boyfriend should tell his girlfriend.

Anyways, once I arrived at Demi's I ran out of my car to Demi's wide-open front door where I saw her crying. I engulfed her in my arms and held her tight. I thought something dangerous happened as I saw her sob and gasp for air.

"Nena, calm down. Demi, why did you call me worried? Are you alright?" I asked holding onto Demi. She pulled me into her front door and I held her still at the entryway.

Her head was on my chest like a pillow as we stood. I hold her hand and play with her fingers.

"Oh...follow me," sniffled Demi walking upstairs to the bathroom.

I followed nervously.

'Please don't relapse or get worried about the scale,' I thought.

As we both entered Demi's bathroom upstairs, Demi handed me a plastic "test". It was not those tests you take and pass at school. It was more like a card piece on The Game of Life' but as a small plastic stick. The little plastic stick is fate and it tells us where to go and what to do.  It was a pregnancy test. It was positive and so was the second one in the sink.

"Oh. Want to talk about it?" I offered scaredly.

Twenty-nine, a careless boyfriend, and now a father. She's seventeen not even near eighteen and a mother. This wasn't good. If Demi's family knew they'd hate me more. On a side note: I always wanted a family with Demi, my Demetria. Except, she would be older and we'd be together. Not this mess.

This was not so picture-perfect. I don't think this was what she planned either. I think she was writing an album when she was in rehab. Her album was to be called "Unbroken" and the summer concert venues were to kick off soon. I felt bad. I never wanted to put her in this situation.

I mean there are other options. Like abortion and adoption. I was okay with either or. Heck, or even raising the kid on my own or co-parenting.

"I guess. . ." stated Demi.

But we both just looked at the tests and stared at the floor.

"So we're having a kid," I said awkwardly to break the ice, "only if you wanted to..."

"Yeah. I have some pros and cons."

"You do? Enlighten me."

"Well, Pro: I love babies. I would be a great mother. I have experience in babysitting and helping with Madison."

"Good. My experience is with my nephew Christian but that's it. Cons?"

"Cons: my bipolar disorder diagnosis and I'm scared of the baby dealing with what I do," replied Demi.

"I understand that. How about this: if you have the baby I will be Mr. Mom. I will take care of it until you return! And we could return to being a happy family. The three of us! But that's up to you since you are the mom," I proposed and gave my idea.

A great freakin idea, Wilmer.

"There's always a family wanting to adopt. What If I'm not ready to be a mom? I will keep your proposal idea in mind as a good one. I can work with my management team or not tell them. I can also work with my parents since they are helpful and I trust them to not tell anyone. I can end the tour at around 5 1/2 months pregnant and wear loose clothing. I already promoted my album," thought Demi loudly. I agreed.

"No outside countries. Until he/she is born," I said.

"Deal. States and no crazy movement" chimed Demi hugging me and lightly sobbing.

The next day, we had the first appointment. Baby Lovato-Valderrama, is healthy and chilling inside Demi. Their heartbeat was a strong force.

(Four months later, Demi is five months pregnant)

"Would you like to know the baby's gender?" asked Dr. Levitton.

Demi looked at me and I at her. I would beg to know if our baby Lovato-Valderrama was a boy or a girl. Mi hija or Hijo. We gave each other a second glance at each other, just in case. We both nodded our heads.

"Yes please," Demi smiled politely and shyly. My eyes started to water as the doctor fixed the camera position and showed our baby. The baby had been moving a lot and relaxing inside its mama.

"Well, congratulations! Mr. Valderrama and Miss. Lovato, you are having a girl!" smiled Dr. Levitton, as she turned the screen to face us.

Demi and I glanced at each other with tears and grins ear to ear. I mouth "thank you" to her and the doctor, as Levitton cleaned up Demi's baby bump. I leaned in and nuzzled it. My little girl. My little skyscraper is like Demi's new song. We would make a perfect team. The three of us.

"I'm proud of you Nena," I said as I hugged Demi and pecked her head.

"Thanks, Wilmer! Same here," smiled and sighed Demi.

By then, we made renovations to my house. Demi moved into my place and we settled on how things would be. She left her personal and remaining items at home. We made an area for our little girl. We had a mahogany crib, a matching mahogany dresser, and a bookcase. We just needed to buy neutral colors for clothes and paint for the aqua and brown room.

~~~~~~~~~
The sound of a baby's melodious cry will make anyone's heart melt, especially if she is your own. On August 20th, 2011 I met my beautiful little girl and my heart melt- like how I fell for her parental figure. Curious mahogany eyes like her mama, my nose, our combination of skin tone, and of course Demi's famous chin. Demi's family has been sitting patiently waiting to meet their new family member.

Demi and I had not thought of a name yet. Her middle name will be Spanish. But we struggled with the idea of a name.

"Hmm, how about your middle name, babe? Devonne," I suggested to Demi who held our daughter.

"I always wanted that name carried on or something. Why not?!" smiled Demi.

Baby Devonne looked at us, her eyes wandered around us and the view. Her body curled into Demi's chest.

"So baby Devonne it is. Hmm, now a middle name," I said as I kissed my daughter's thick jet-black hair, which she inherited from me. Hehe.

"You said relating to our roots. She has brought life into us. And after rehab, I have had such 'Vida' or 'life'...why not call her Vida?!" smiled Demi as she looked down at baby Devonne.

That sounded perfect. Devonne Vida Lovato-Valderrama. DVLV. The most unique and beautiful name, like her mother - Demetria Devonne Lovato.

"I love it. I will get your family," I said and walked out to Demi's family smiling.

"So is my niece born yet?!" asked Dallas eager.

"What is her name? What is her name?" asked Maddie happy. Dianna and Eddie looked at me happily, yet upset. They were not happy Demi and I had a child in the first place.

They wanted us to wait until later on. According to us - Demi & I, later meant now. But whatever you cannot control someone from having kids. It takes two to make a kid.

Instead of spilling all of the details, which I would have, I opened the door to a smiling Demi who held onto baby Devonne.

"Oh my gosh! She is tiny!" squealed Dianna, who finally let her inner grandma emerge.

"Seven pounds and eleven ounces," smiled Demi.

"She is beautiful Demi and Wilmer," said Dallas and Eddie.

We both replied, "Thank you". After a good five minutes, the big question emerged.

"So what is this precious baby's name?!" asked Dallas as she held her niece.

"Devonne Vida Lovato-Valderrama," I said with a large smile.

Demi and I exchanged smiles. Everyone "awwed" and decided to give Mommy and Daddy a break from visitors. Devonne was back in her hospital bed asleep, and I was right next to her.

Not knowing three days later, Demi decides to continue touring around the world and leaves me with Devonne. Just us two against the world...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.9K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...
1.3M 57.9K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
6.1M 98.8K 104
๏ผžใ€Œ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜Œ๐˜ณ๐˜ข ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ใ€ ๐’๐‹๐€๐˜๐„๐‘ ๐•๐„๐‘. Demon Slayer belongs to Koyoh...