unrequited | lucaya (complete...

By mayaisms

"psychology says, you're not afraid to love, you're afraid of not being loved back." a story about a warmhear... More

00 | intro
01 | how it started
02 | date night
03 | virgin
04 | farkle and riley
05 | never have i ever
06 | i cant lose him
07 | lucas and maya
08 | monday
09 | after hours
10 | together again
11 | that one night
12 | spring break
13 | skiing
14 | where is she?
15 | reunited
17 | welcome back
18 | exposed
19 | late night talks
20 | moving on
21 | goodbyes
22 | summer

16 | lightweight

1.5K 54 29
By mayaisms

"riley, come to bed." lucas muttered with his eyes shut as he turned to sleep on his right side. "its.. twelve a.m. and everyone is already in bed.. asleep."

"no." she whispered in a low voice which was barely audible to lucas. she looked outside the window and watched every snowflake fall. she didn't like this feeling inside her heart. she would never wanna hurt zay but when he asked her... she couldn't lie to him. it wasn't all a lie, she didn't think they could get back together but she did love him wholeheartedly. he deserved better. he deserved someone who could give him all of them.

"rileeeeey." lucas groaned as he threw the pillow next to him and it hit her which snapped her out of her thoughts. "come to bed! tomorrow is the party and you need to rest up."

riley chuckled sincerely and picked up the pillow. she smiled at her friend and climb into bed next to him and turned on her side to face lucas who had his eyes closed.

"you love ronnie, right?" riley whispered in the quiet filled room.

"of course i do." lucas muttered with his eyes shut.

"do you love maya?" she asked, curiously and bit down on her bottom lip.

"yeah. yeah of course i love her she's my best friend." lucas answered simply but riley wasn't satisfied. she knew he loved her, more than just friends should.

"if you had to pick between ron and maya.. could you do it?" riley looked up at the ceiling and laid on her back.

his breath hitched for a moment before answering as if he was thinking of his answer. lucas could never choose between the two girls that meant the world to him. if ronnie asked him the same question would she be okay with the answer if it wasn't her? that's his girlfriend there isn't supposed to be any competition if someone asks you that about your significant other. at the same time he didn't know.

"lets go to sleep." he pleaded as he opened his eyes and noticed riley had her eyes closed. a smile spread on lucas's lips as he shut his eyes too and drifted off to the sleep.

the next morning was chaotic to say the least. as the lodge began to set up for the party; there was plenty of people coming in and out of the place. zay didn't come out of his room, but his friends weren't sure if it was because of the busy vibe or of riley. maya stayed in her room, also, but was mainly asleep. ronnie sat in the room with her and watched tv. which left isadora, farkle, riley, and lucas. a room full of ex lovers who still were good friends.

"so what happened exactly?" isadora asked as she popped a piece of chocolate into her mouth and looked at riley who was sitting across from her.

"does it matter anymore?" farkle retorted which surprised all four of them at his response. "sorry- i just don't want you to feel like you have to tell us."

"it's okay. i just want him to forgive me." riley mumbled and looked down at her fingers. "just because of my stupid feelings. he feels like th-"

as riley was mid sentence in walked zay with a large smirk on his lips. isadora raised her eyebrows as he sat down next to her.

"oh he's really distressed." isadora muttered which made riley glare at her.

"you seem happy." lucas commented on his best friend's attitude. farkle chuckled at his words and nodded his head in agreement.

"i am happy. i just needed some time to get over it." zay admitted as he took in a deep breath.

"get over me. you mean?" riley whispered under her breath so zay didn't notice her words.

they spent the middle of the day talking about different things but the topic of zay and riley didn't come up. zay would hardly look at riley but instead of pay more attention to anyone else. riley believed she was imagining it and was hoping they could talk again during the party.

an hour or two passed when the party began. it was outside and the ski lodge was covered in various lights that illuminated the outside. various vendors were set up around the lodge for the enjoyment of the guest; included drinks, games, food, and shopping. it wasn't just the guest, who came, but also their friends and family which made it more crowded than it would have been with just the ones who were staying at the ski lodge.

maya's face lit up at the scene in front of her. she fixed her jacket so it covered her warmly. she walked through the snow to try and find her friends. she had only woken up a hour ago and she spent all her time getting ready. crowds of people past maya as the blonde searched for familiar faces.

"there you are!" farkle yelled above the crowd as he grabbed ahold of maya's arm pulling her with him. maya's eyes widen at his sudden touch but still followed along. he had a sly smile that maya had never seen before on him.

he lead her to where all their friends were. they were sitting around farkle's car which wasn't too far. riley smiled when maya approached them.

"i found her!" farkle cooed as he slung his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to him.

"he's kinda.. tipsy." ronnie chuckled and sat next to lucas on top of farkle's car hood. she looked over at her boyfriend."i told you not to give him that drink!"

"what? he needs to have a little fun. he's been all tense." lucas laughed at his friend's reactions. "this is a great way for him to chill out, cause he won't do it sober."

"where's isadora and zay?" maya asked as she held farkle up by wrapping her arm around his waist.

"zay went to go get some drinks and isadora went with him." riley explained.

"won't they get in trouble for serving minors?" ronnie asked with a raise of her eyebrows.

"you think they are gonna care when literally half of their guest are getting wasted. besides we aren't going anywhere." lucas shrugged his shoulders. he smiled before grabbing ronnie and pulling her onto his lap.

"im back!" zay laughed as he walked towards the group with a few cups. isadora rolled her eyes at how he was acting but she was glad he was at least happy. he gave a cup to maya who looked at him weirdly then to ronnie and lucas.

"dude there was this really hot chick over by the lemonade stand. i was gonna talk to her but isadora kept being a cock block." zay grumbled as he brought his drink to his lips.

riley's eyes softened at the mention of another girl even though the two were over. it surprised her how honest he was in front of her.

"i was not cock blocking or whatever that means? i simply didn't want you drooling all over some random girl that was with her boyfriend!" isadora exclaimed with a chuckle and sat down next to lucas and ronnie.

"i always knew zay was a lightweight but farkle surprised me." lucas laughed and shook his head. he smiled looking at his girlfriend, "we haven't spent a lot of time together."

"oh? you wanna be alone?" ronnie teased.

"gross!" farkle groaned which made them all laugh. "it's okay, i got maya."

as the words left his lips he stood straight and leaned into the blonde but maya quickly looked the other way causing him to kiss her temple.

"no, no... you do not have maya." she giggled at his actions but riley wasn't amused. she rose an eyebrow at what he had done or tried to do.

she decided to drop it though and not pay attention since he was drunk. a smile returned to her lips and joined in their conversation.

"i need to pee." farkle muttered which made maya cringe.

"hey! me too." zay announced. riley rolled her eyes at her drunken friend's but couldn't help but chuckle.

"ill take these two children." maya shook her head and smiled at her best friend. "do you wanna go?"

"i think ill just wait here." riley sighed as she moved a piece of hair out of her face.

"ill go." ronnie offered as she stood up on her feet. she kissed lucas before tucking her hands into her pockets and following the three. zay slightly stumbled before walking straight. maya held farkle as the two walked together towards the potter potty.

"we will wait." ronnie smiled as the two walked in.

"these things are gross." maya commented which made ronnie nod in agreement.

"at least they have germx." ronnie laughed.

farkle walked out first and he grabbed the germx from ronnie's grasp and put a lot on his hands before wiping it in.

"im gonna go now." ronnie sighed as she walked into one.

maya stood there with farkle not saying a word when the first firework flew into the air. maya's eyes widen at the view in the sky. after one flew up another one followed and sparked a beautiful view to maya.

"hey.." farkle whispered and grabbed ahold of maya's arm which made her face him. maya frowned before realizing farkle was moving closer to her. in a matter of seconds his lips clashed into hers. she didn't break away from his grasp but instead stood there.

he held his palm against her cheek keeping her close as their lips moved together in rhythm with the sound of fireworks going off behind them. that's when another sound of someone dropping a cup alarmed both of them.

zay stood there with his wide as maya pushed farkle off of her.

"y-you.." zay muttered as he pointed at both of them.

that's when ronnie opened her door and stood there in confusion.

———
a/n: yikes! also i was planning on creating another story that would be more dark and psychological thriller type ?? idk if you guys would be interested in it but i had this idea even though fucked up it would make an interesting story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 399 22
Meet Maya Hart. A girl who most call 'broken'. Maya has always had a tough life. Grew up without a father, a mother who can barely pay rent for thei...
63.8K 1.5K 29
Maya Hart. Alone. Bullied. Broken. Scared. Maya's hurting. She feels like a fragile piece of glass. Only the worlds of art and m...
5.7K 253 19
".....The story about a bad boy with one too many piercings who brought beautiful to a sunshiney broken girl's disaster." ~~ You're scared. I'm nervo...
31.2K 1.8K 24
"You love me!" He shouts while I shove him out my window. "Friar, get this through your mind, I hate you!" I reply back. Cover by: @me