Athena In Olympus

נכתב על ידי NerdAlertz

While on a mission to Greece, Athena is able to find her way back home to Olympus. She is reunited with her m... עוד

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter 5
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten

Chapter Nine

437 16 1
נכתב על ידי NerdAlertz

Chapter Nine

Athena had spent two months in the underworld, learning to control her abilities. Water, Earth, and Air were mastered through perfection according to Hekate. Hekate knew that if Metis could see the accomplishments that Athena had achieved, she her self would also agree. The only element left to perfect was Fire. Throughout learning about the elements, Hekate told Athena many stories of the underworld. For example, how  many people on Earth feared Hades, but the one who they should really fear is Persephone. Persephone was known as the 'destroyer'. She ruled with an iron fist with Hades when it came to judging the wicked souls that were sent to Tartarus.

"I believe it," Athena smiled as Hekate and her walked by the courtyard of the palace.

"You and the queen will be inseparable," Hekate smiled.

Athena offered another smile. For many weeks nows she had a question gnawing in her mind. She wanted to ask Hekate, but always changed her mind in the last minute. Hekate had a limited ability to see into the minds of others, and Athena wondered whether or not her question was appropriate.

"Athena?"

Athena shook her head and looked at Hekate, "I'm sorry what was that?"

Hekate laughed softly, "what are you thinking child?"

"About fire, I really want to perfect it so I can go back to Earth, my dad, I miss him."

"I see, you surely do love him, the guardians chose well."

"You know he always wondered why him?" Athena followed Hekate into the palace garden, "why did the guardians choose him to be my father, I was dropped off at his doorstep, he was barely an adult."

"The guardians knew that he would take care of you, even after you lost your mortal mother, he took care of you in his drunken days."

Athena could feel the tears building in her eyes, "he never let me see him drunk as a child, I always was taken care of by Pepper or a nanny, after mom died, it was different he didn't know how to take care of me that he would distance himself. Growing up I understood him, and would help him with his various projects."

"I understand that he has an ego, from what I'm told, but he wanted to be the father that he never had, and in my eyes he accomplished to raise you."

"That--that means a lot to me, thank you Hekate."

Hekate took Athena's hands in hers, "you will soon be reunited with him, and then you'll miss us," she chuckled lightly making Athena's solemn look disappear.

"But Artemis said that you all go to Earth, undercover no?"

"We do, but it's something that we do in rare occasions, your father is very strict when it comes to any of us leaving Olympus," Hekate guided Athena to now the shores of mystical River Styx.

"But why?"

Hekate smiled at Athena's curiosity, "safety regulations, all of us as Olympians must protect the dimension, we never know what enemy may cross us someday."

"That's ridiculous," Athena said incredulously, "you're Gods!"

"Yes, but last time something bad happened the Fates banished us to our very own dimension away from Earth, we may be Gods but our destructive ways made us who we are today, reserved in our very own dimension not looking for any trouble."

"But if someone were to put the Earth or the whole universe in danger, would join the fight?"

"Of course, any threat to mankind is not tolerated," she said, "but I reckon that's not what you were thinking of just fire."

Athena couldn't hide her smile, it was obvious Hekate couldn't sense more then that, "this is going to sound crazy, but I want to go to Tartarus."

Hekate stopped abruptly and faced Athena shocked, "what!"

"The River Phlegethon is the River of Fire, I can perfect fire if I just go there!"

"Child, you do not know what you speak of, Hades would never allow you to touch that tormented place!"

"But it's just the river, it's not as if I will see the prisoners that are kept there."

"Athena," Hekate put her hands on Athena's shoulder, "it doesn't matter, as soon as you touch the river, everyone in Tartarus will know who you are, and enemies of your father and mother and of the King and Queen will know, they would do anything to escape their bonds to just see you--"

"But--"

"No Athena, what you ask cannot be done."

Athena sighed defeated, "fine then, I'll ask my uncle and sister personally to convince them."

Before Hekate could say a word, Athena was walking towards the throne room.

•••

In the throne room, Hades and Persephone sat in their thrones as they had just finished their last judgments together. The judges, Minos, Rhadamanthus, Aeacus were busy getting the records organized to leave the king and queen alone.

Hades held Persephone's hand as he whispered something seductive into her ear, making Persephone's eyes widen, and giggle. Both lovers were so entranced in their own little world that Minos had to clear his throats more then once to get his majesties attention.

"My King and Queen," Minos interrupted once more.

Hades turned to the judge and Persephone composed herself.

"Yes Minos?" Hades cleared his throat.

"Lady Athena would like an audience with you both."

"Send her in please," spoke Persephone.

"Yes my queen," Minos nodded and opened the throne room door to let Athena walk in.

Athena strode in a confident pace and stopped before the stairs that led to the thrones of Hades and Persephone.

Hades could immediately sense it was a delicate matter that she came to discuss and and exhaled slowly, "yes little one?"

Athena used to bow before them, whenever she appeared in the throne room after their judgements, but Hades decided not to use that formality with her.

"I was talking with Hekate," Athena began, her voice clear in confident, "I want to perfect fire as soon as possible so I could learn how to travel and make my own ethereal portal and the other gifts, and I want, with both of your permissions of course, to perfect fire in the Phlegethon."

Persephone gasped and Hades turned stern. Athena noticed both of their reactions and was still confident.

"No!" Hades loud voice ranged through the throne room.

"I understand that--"

"No, little one, you do not understand, the Phlegethon is off limits for you!"

This was the first time Athena saw her uncle's rough side towards her.

"Athena, Tartarus is not the place for you," Persephone spoke up.

"It's just the river!" Athena said irritated.

"The River is part of Tartarus, it protects us from the Titans," Hades stood from his throne.

Persephone put a hand on her husbands shoulder to calm him down as she stood from her throne, "Athena, when I first touched Tartarus as queen of this realm, I came out of it emotionally drained. The energy is something that few can only suvive--"

"Are you saying that I can't handle it?" Athena said. She was clearly trying not to snap, she had the outmost respect for her uncle and sister, but couldn't believe the words they were saying.

"Little one, its more complicated then that--

"I've heard that many times before, and before the both of you interrupt me, I'm going to apologize because I have a deep respect and love for you both, but I'm not a fucking child anymore that was sent away a long time ago--" Persephone's mouth opened slightly stunned  and Hades inhaled deeply, his gift for her was showing, "--if you both didn't notice, I've grown up, I have lived with my dad constantly protecting me my whole life that I'm sick and tired of being treated like a child, I have more strength then what you both think I do, if it wasn't obvious I made the Styx flow backwards, and it's fucking annoying that I have to stand here hearing both of your excuses for me not to perfect my gift, all I want is to return to Earth again and see the people that  are going nuts over my sudden disappearance, my duty according to the Fates was to protect the Earth, and I can't do that when fire is my not strongest element!"

Persephone could feel the protective enraged Hades ready to snap back at his niece, and she couldn't do anything about it. He climbed down the stairs looking at Athena right in the eye, and Athena responded back by not even blinking once.

"You think--"Hades said every word with every step he took down the stairs to face Athena, "--that you're not a child? Little one you're acting like it!"

"Aidon!" Persephone warned her husband, but he ignored her.

"There are things that you won't always know the answers to little one and yet here you stand ready to take on a task such as visiting a part of Tartarus without realizing its consequences!" He stood before Athena as the King many people on Earth feared, but Athena was not scared. Athena thought that her own uncle was trying to intimidate her, but in reality he was only trying to protect her. "Your sister swore to your mother that she would never allow you to touch Tartarus as long as you were here, and so did I, and I intend to keep that vow for Metis, if you don't like it, you are welcome to leave the underworld anytime you like, seeing as if you think you can handle such power!"

Athena's breath hitched, and tears formed in her eyes. She could not believe the words that had just came from her uncle's mouth. The uncle that loved deeply and always was willing to listen to her, but now it was all the opposite.

"I thought you believed in me..." Athena tried not make her voice crack, she remained strong and looked back at her uncle, "but don't worry, you don't have to tell me twice!" She took a few steps back and gave Hades an exaggerated curtsy, and left the throne room, leaving Hades to regret his words and Persephone coming down from her throne to him.

As Athena left the throne room, she was greeted by a shocked Thanatos. Athena rolled her eyes noticing that he was obviously eavesdropping.

"You can't leave Athena!" Thanatos hurried after her.

"Watch me death," Athena replied with irritation.

Death picking up the pace and managed to grab Athena's wrist, forcing her to turn to him, and he pulled her close.

"He didn't mean any of that," Thanatos started, "I known Aidoneus, he's only trying to protect you--"

Athena laughed sarcastically, "oh please stop trying to defend him, he's not going to give me permission to go to the river, then I have no more business down here, now goodbye death!"

Thanatos stood back watching her enter her room, shaking his head. He knew he had to act fast, he had to mark her.

"They said no?" Hekate appeared fresh out of her ether, next to Thanatos.

"She's leaving!"

"No she won't, Aidon wouldn't allow it."

"Didn't you hear him Hekate, he lost it!"

"She doesn't know the dangers that the Phlegethon hold for her--"

"It doesn't matter now, Aidon must really regret giving her the rebellious gift now."

•••

"You were too hard on her."

"Was I wrong?" Hades turned to his sympathetic wife.

"In protecting her? No," Persephone said, "in talking to her like that, yes."

"What else was I suppose to do? She was hell bent on going!"

"Just like I was, once upon a time."

"Persephone," Hades sighed, "it was different with you--"

"My dear husband," Persephone put her hand on his cheek, "it's all the same, my mother swore to keep me innocent to not be with you, her protection for me is the same as her mortal father has for her."

"Yes dear wife, he protects her, but Athena is not innocent. Athena is rebellious thanks to me--"

"Just like me, she's tired of being protected of, I agree that she shouldn't touch the Phlegethon, but at least let her come close."

Hades pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation, he grew irritated knowing that Hekate and Thanatos were nearing the throne room.

"Come in," Persephone said before Hekate could knock on the door.

The two gods made their way into the throne room, bowing for their king and queen.

"She's leaving." Thanatos said in urgency.

"Cerberus wouldn't allow it and Charon either," Hades said.

"Aidon," Hekate spoke cautiously to her king, "you know what you have to do."

Persephone came by to put her hand on her husbands shoulder. He looked down to his wife, who's expression made him soften his.

"Where is she?" Hades asked.

"Her bed chamber."

"Lets go, all of us!" Hades ordered.

•••

Athena was holding back tears as she hanged the dress she was wearing. She had put on her SHIELD suit to finally leave the underworld. She really wanted to say goodbye to Persephone and the rest of the underworld deities, but couldn't if her uncle was there. She didn't want to resent him, but it was better to leave a note and call for Hermes to pick her up.

Athena crossed the threshold of the bedroom to come into the antechamber, ready to open the door to exit once and for all.

"My dear child--"

Athena screamed, and turned around with his hands on her mouth. She relaxed when she saw a familiar face.

"Lady Nyx?"

"Leaving so soon child?" Nyx said hovering in front of Athena.

"I reckon I don't have to explain why..." Athena trailed off, not wanting to think about what happened in the throne room. "How did you know I was just about to leave?"

Nyx smiled sweetly, "my husband is darkness my dear, he's everywhere." Just then the dark smokey cloud around Nyx moved slowly all about her.

"Right..." Athena said, Erebus is darkness and right now, the room was very dark, despite a few candles and torches still lit.

"Wise one," Nyx called for her attention, "you don't have to leave, you can finish mastering fire."

"I can't go to the Phlegethon."

"No, but, you can be in front of it..."

Athena turned slowly, a smile creeping onto her face as she looked at Nyx who had a slight smirk.

"Come child, we must hurry." Nyx offered her hand to Athena, who took it eagerly, and they both were enclosed in the darkness of Erebus who transported them through the ether.

•••

"I don't know what to say," Hades whispered to his wife. The group was in front of Athena's door.

"That you're a very protective uncle who's sorry," Persephone said.

Hades exhaled and knocked on Athena's door, "Little one, can we talk?"

The group waited for a moment, but no sound came from the bed chamber. Hades looked to his wife in disbelief.

"She doesn't hate you my love..." Persephone reassured him. Personally, Persephone knocked this time on the door,  "Athena, it's me, can we talk please?"

"What's going on here?"

The group immediately turned around to see Hermes behind them.

"What in Tartarus are you doing here?" Asked Thanatos.

"I sensed Athena was wanting to leave so I came, like I told her I would."

"She's not leaving Hermes, we only had a heated conversation," Hades said.

"Then where is she?"

Persephone without cue, opened the door to the antechamber and looked for her sister, she passed the threshold to the bedroom and found no one.

"She's gone!"

"What do you mean!" Hades panicked going into the room and seeing it empty.

"She's in the Styx," Hekate announced.

Before the group could even react, Hermes had already made it to the River Styx, but saw no trace of his sister. A minute later, the rest of the group arrived behind him.

"Took you guys long enough," he said sarcastically.

"I don't see her!" Thanatos looked about.

"There comes Charon," Persephone pointed to the boatman.

"Charon, have you seen Athena?"

"No my lord, Lady Athena hasn't stepped foot on my boat--"

Then a rumble, slow at first, but growing in intensity every passing second. The group looked at each other knowing it was all Athena. A roar of fire came into view by the far end sight of the Styx.

"She wouldn't." Hades gritted his teeth.

"What's going on?" Hermes asked in confusion as everyone immediately stepped into the boat.

"No time for explanations brother, come!" Persephone urged Hermes to get into the boat.

Hermes flew in and immediately Charon took off towards the Phlegethon. With each row he took, the intensity of the flames became grander making Hades loose his demeanor.

"Faster Charon!"

The boatman abided by his king's orders and rowed faster. In time, they could all see Athena channeling the energy and flames of the Phlegethon with Nyx at her side instructing her.

"She's not in the river itself..." Persephone pointed out.

Athena was on top of a rock that was floating in mid air. She was currently trying to channel all four elements at once. Nyx hovering next to her as the goddess instructed the young one on what exactly to do.

The boat came to a stop, everyone rising to their feet seeing Athena's eyes closed as she commanded the flames of the Phlegethon. Nyx seeing the group, left Athena's side to join them.

"Nyx is there a particular reason why you didn't tell us?" Hades said comes face to face with the goddess.

"Aidon, you know perfectly well that she is wise, I only told her what was already in her mind," Hades looked at Athena momentarily and shook his head approvingly, "remember Aidon, she's strategy..." Nyx reminded him.

Athena is the Goddess of Wisdom and Battle strategy. She's clever, cunning, and smart. Everything Zeus ever wanted in his daughter.

The channeling of all four elements was a sight of raw beauty. Athena herself had become the elements, as each were physically being bend to her will in their natural state, her body became one with them. She was water, air, Earth, and fire. All in one.

As her face came into view again, the energy around the boat started to dissipate. She was returning back to her godly form, herself. Once she opened her eyes, she saw the group of gods looking at her in astonishment.

She looked particularly to her uncle, his facial features were soft and he looked proud.

"Yeah... I just did that."

"I knew you could," Hekate embraced Athena as she entered the boat of Charon.

Athena smiled as she parted from Hekate to look at her uncle, "I'm sorry," she said quickly, "for being rebellious--"

"No little one," Hades interrupted her, "I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you, I was only trying to protect you."

"Deep inside, I knew that, I just..."

"I know, it's your nature, and I don't regret giving you that gift, but remember, to find that balance I once told you about."

Athena smiled and threw her arms around her uncle, hugging him. Hades stunned at first, but returned the gesture kindly. Persephone smiled and Charon rowed the boat to the shore while humming happily.

"Tomorrow," Hekate brought up the attention to Athena as the group disembarked the boat, "I'll teach you how to teleport or as we call it open your ethereal portal."

"Makes sense, you being the Goddess of the Crossroads and all," Athena acknowledged. She looked ahead at Hermes chatting with Thanatos about gods knows what, but Hermes looked to be listening intently to what death was communicating. Hades and Persephone decided to retire for the day to rest up for tomorrow. "But it begs the question, Hekate teleportation was never really in the ancient myths or was it?"

"Most of us had chariots to travel, but we aren't born with the teleportation gift."

"Then how is it that now we are?"

Hekate sighed, Athena was indeed a gifted student, yearning for knowledge, "a long time ago, years after the Titanomachy ended, the God of the upper air, Aether discovered something that penetrated his layer, it was a cube like structure that fell into the Earth, its power was something us gods had never seen, in time we learned its name and its function. It was an infinity stone."

"Infinity stone?"

"One of the six infinity stones, the greatest power in the face of this cosmos, at first we named it after Aether, since he discovered it, but learned that another infinity stone was name Aether so we just readjusted the spelling to ether, but it's true name now is commonly known as the tessaract."

"And this tesseract gave us the powers to teleport?"

"Yes, I was able to harness the energy for a moment and release it to all of the gods, it almost killed me, but thanks to me we can all teleport around the cosmos," Hekate walked the palace halls with Athena, "but that's enough history for now, I will teach you more about it tomorrow, you must rest after becoming one with the elements, you can't over do yourself."

"But-"

"No Athena," Hekate smiled, "rest I promise I'll teach you more tomorrow."

"Fine," Athena grumbled.

Hekate watched as the young goddess disappeared into the halls, and sighed. There is so much for her to learn, but so little time.

••••
Hi guys! Sorry this chapter took a while to post,  but hopefully you all saw my message stating why. And for those who are wondering I'm okay, my cousins death was really unexpected, but I'm feeling better now, and I'll be back to posting chapters like normal. Which means next chapter is the last for this book for now, after chapter 10, the story goes back to The Life of Athena!

Let me know what you think!

x

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

3.2K 93 22
Scarlet Stark is Tony Starks daughter and was kidnapped by Hydra when she was twelve years old. After she returned, she had powers that she had no id...
2.1M 64.4K 25
"You can't be my kid, I've got way too many responsibilities." Tony crossed his arms and stood his ground. This wasn't just an argument over chocolat...
61K 1.2K 23
Athena Brown is a 14 year old SHIELD agent. She was adopted by her abusive father at the age of five and was saved by SHEILD at the age of seven. Ath...
844K 35K 36
There are demons in the girl's head. They make her wish she was dead. Two years ago, the infamous Tony Stark told the world that he was Iron...