Best-Friends With Benefits (U...

By Prodigywriter9638

Conner Rogers: Hot, athletic, and popular, with an ego the size of the Empire State Building. Selena Rider: C... More

Best-Friends With Benefits
Chapter 1- Wake-up Call
Chapter 2- Catch Me If You Can
Chapter 3- New Guy
Chapter 4- Caught in the Act
Chapter 5- Cover Story
Chapter 6- Out of the Loop
Chapter 7- Complications
Chapter 8- Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 9- The Young and the Restless
Chapter 10- The Trouble with Family
Chapter 11- My Date with the British Devil
Chapter 12- What to do, What to do......
Chapter 13- Poptarts, Golfcarts, and The Notebook
Chapter 14- Back Behind Bars
Chapter 15- The Talk
Chapter 16- Mentally Insane
Chapter 17- Life of the Party
Chapter 19- Just Another Day in the Hospital
Chapter 20- I Guess One Really Is the Loneliest Number
Chapter 21- Isolation
Authors Note!
Chapter 22- Frozen
Chapter 23- Confessions
Chapter 24- Awkward Moments
Chapter 25- Exposed
Chapter 26- The Homecoming
Authors note!
Chapter 27- Business as Usual
Chapter 28- Date Disasters
Chapter 29- Double Trouble
Chapter 30- Jaw-Dropper
Chapter 31- The Intruder
Chapter 32- Pissing Off Your Sister 101
Chapter 33- Scars
Chapter 34- How To Guard a Life for Dummies
Chapter 35- Irony
Chapter 36- Slut City
Chapter 37- Cat Fight
Chapter 38- Tension
Chapter 39- Chain Reaction
Chapter 40- This Means War
Chapter 41- Time's Up
Chapter 42- Breaking Point
Chapter 43- Fear Factor
Chapter 44- Fated
Chapter 45- The Final Hour
Chapter 46- Live and Let Go
Chapter 47- The Rescue Mission
Chapter 48- End of the Line
Sequel Announcement!

Chapter 18- You Only Live Once

465K 6.2K 1.1K
By Prodigywriter9638

When we finally walked in, almost everyone in sight was tipsy.

A group of guys were doing body shots off of 'Mrs.Concon' on the dining room table, much to my distaste. A mass of people were dancing in the living room, the loud music booming from the speakers and shaking the whole house. I could just make out Jerry's blond head from behind a large group of barely dressed teenage girls, across the room.

Alex was nowhere in sight, no doubt off in search of alcohol. Lilly on the other hand, looked suspiciously flirty as she talked to Tom on the plush leather sofa.

I stopped short in the doorway, not quite ready to go in. Girls were glaring daggers at me, and boys were giving me looks that made my skin crawl.

Conner walked in looking completely at ease, dragging me behind him. We stopped in the kitchen, where we found Alex holding two beers in each hand. I gave her a stern look that said 'if you get drunk and pass out I'm leaving you here'.

She rolled her eyes sarcastically at me. "Yeah, cause I'm the only one who drinks underage here.These aren't even for me!" She called over her shoulder as she headed for the living room. "Well, I'm off to go interrupt the love fest on the couch. Later!"

And with that she strutted across the room, the gaze of every guy following her closely.

When I turned back around, Conner was already pulling out the shot glasses. I was never too much of a drinker, but at parties I allowed myself at least a couple of shots.

He slipped out a bottle of alcohol, and I didn't even bother to read the label. He poured the clear liquid into the glasses and handed me the smaller one, trying to pretend that he didn't notice. I raised the glass to my lips, quickly swallowing the drink and feeling the familiar burning sensation in the back of my throat.

"Much better." I said breathily. Conner had already drank his, and was smirking in silent agreement beside me.

"Selena?"

I whipped my head around to see a surprised looking Travis. He looked much more casual than normal, wearing a neat button up shirt and jeans. His normal perfectly styled blond hair was messier than usual, like it had been when he had caught me sneaking across his lawn.

He looked hot!

"Hey Britt! Care to join us for a drink?" I smiled flirtatiously as the alcohol started to kick in. Conner turned his head away, and I knew he was secretly biting his tongue to keep from starting conflict.

Travis shrugged. "No thank you. I'm not much of a, uhhh, drinker."

Conner snorted, turning back around. "As in, you've never drank anything stronger than grape juice."

"Con!" I frowned at him, giving him a stern look. "Play nice."

"No." Travis brushed it off easily. "He's right."

I couldn't say I was too surprised. He was a proper white boy with a previously non-exsistant social life.

"Well," I drawled out, a smile growing on my lips. "We're just going to have to fix that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my fifth drink with Travis, I noticed that Conner had disappeared.

I wasn't too concerned, he was probably just picking up a girl, not that he would have to try very hard. I may have been relatively drunk, but I could still see the way girls look at him.

All traces of nerves had vanished from my body, probably due to all the alcohol I had consumed.

Travis was doing surprising well for his first party with drinking, showing no signs of throwing up any time soon. "So we drank a lot. Now what do we do?"

I laughed at how technical he said it, as if he were solving a complicated math problem. "We go play party games of course!" I jumped out of my seat, taking Travis's hand and dragging him upstairs to the second floor, where all the games were.

A group of sophomores were playing a loud game of spin the bottle on the other side of the room. And a couple feet away, a dozen seniors were in the middle of a rowdy game of beer pong.

I spotted Alex dragging Lilly and a nervous looking Tom to the center of the room, where they sat down in a lopsided circle on the ground. "Truth or dare it is!"

I led (dragged) Travis over to my friends and sat down between Alex and Lilly. Travis cautiously sat across from me, looking around at everyone skeptically.

"Hey Selli!" Alex said, slightly tipsy. "Are you and the Brit in for a round of truth or dare?"

"Is that my new nickname or something?" Travis mumbled, mostly to himself.

"Yeah, we're definitely in." I smiled excitedly, making Alex squeal and clap her hands like a maniac.

Lilly rolled her eyes at Alex, letting out a weary sigh. She of all people, knew that the night would most likely result in regrets and severe hangovers. "Do I have to play?"

"Yes." Alex and I didn't even hesitate to answer.

She sighed again. "Why do I even bother asking?"

Tom nudged her with his elbow playfully. "Come on Lilly! It'll be fun."

 Lilly smiled back at him adoringly and nodded her head, which he responded to with a tentative smile of his own. Alex and I shared a glance, and I automatically knew that we were thinking the same thing. I smell romance!

Just then, Jerry and Conner entered the scene with their arms slung around each others shoulders, laughing hysterically like old friends. It was a pretty odd sight, seeing your best friend, the sweetest guy on the planet, so friendly with a self-confessed man whore like Jerry.

They walked over to us, still giggling like a pair of school girls, and joined our circle. "Need two more players?" Jerry asked us, his cocky grin appearing on his face as his eyes scanned over out little gathering.

"Seven people. Perfect!" I giggled drunkenly, feeling comfortably light headed. "Who wants to go first?"

Travis cautiously raised his hand like a nervous five year old, eyes darting around the room with obvious discomfort. "Uhhhh.... How do you play?"

Jerry snorted, and for once, Conner looked like he actually agreed with him. "What? Did your family lock you up your entire life?"

"Sort of, actually." Travis grimaced, a flash of annoyance crossing his expression at Jerry's blatant rudeness. "Not that it's any of your business, you tosser."

Jerry blinked, like he was having trouble processing what Travis had said. Finally, he turned to Conner, who was looking just as perplexed. "Did he just call me a tosser?"

"I think so."

"Is being a tosser, like an insult or something?"

"That would be my guess, yeah."

"Oh. Well, what the fuck is a tosser?"

"One who tosses?"

Jerry tilted his head, eyes narrowing as he attempted to think in his drunken state of mind. "Makes sense to me."

"Well anyways...." I nudged Alex, giving her a pointed look to tell her to change this rather odd thought process.

"Right." Alex clapped her hands together, effectively diverting every ones attention away from the two idiots sitting next to her. "Well basically, we go around and ask each other truth or dare. If they choose truth, the person can ask them any question he or she wants, and they have to answer it. If they choose dare, the person can dare them to do pretty much anything."

"Within reason." Lilly added.

"Yeah. Within reason. It's a pretty easy game." I finished.

Travis nodded, although he still looked a little uncertain. "Sounds easy enough. Who's first?"

"Ooooh! Me me me me me me!" Alex raised her hand in the air, sporadically waving it around childishly.

Tom sighed. "I guess Alex is."

"Yay! Okay..... Lilly. Truth? Or dare?"

Lilly frowned. "Truth?"

"Okaaaaay........ Are you and Tom dating yet?" She blurted out all at once, her face visibly lighting up in excitement.

The two turned brighter than tomatoes, instantly avoiding each others gazes and fidgeting in their seats. "N-no." She answered rather shakily, looking everywhere except at Tom.

Alex sighed dramatically, a mischevious twinkle in her eyes telling everyone that she had a few tricks up her sleeve. "Soon. Soon. Okay! Your turn!"

Lilly looked relieved at the change in subject, preoccupying herself with looking around for a victim, before her eyes stopped on me with a smirk. "Selena! Truth or dare?"

I gulped, dread sinking in my stomach as I silently wondered why I always end up playing this game, even though it usually ends in embarrassment. "Truth."

"Are you a virgin?"

"What?" My eyes nearly bulged out of my head, and I could feel my face reddening.

"Well.... We were never really sure...." She shrugged casually, her dark eyes gleaming curiously as she shared a knowing glance with Alex.

I looked around for a second, mostly grasping for a plausible answer that wouldn't ruin my life. Conner was nervously looking down at his feet, and Jerry, Alex, and Lilly al looked intrigued. Other than that, Tom was the only one who looked remotely sympathetic at my embarrassment, and Travis actually looked rather uncomfortable.

I nervously nibbled on my bottom lip, an annoying habit I picked up for whenever I got flustered. "I.... Uhhhh.... No?"

"What?! With who? Why didn't you tell us? Preferably in extreme detail that couldn't be repeated to anyone else? Does this happen often?" Alex pounced on me, her green eyes wide in curiosity as a million questions poured out of her mouth.

"Uhhhhh....." I didn't have to turn my head to feel Conner's piercing gaze on me.

"You've been holding out on us! Our best friend is a sexy little fox!" Lilly squealed excitedly, obviously taking my lack of an answer as a yes.

"Hmmm... Sexy little fox, indeed." Jerry smirked at me, before Conner elbowed him in the gut.

Conner cleared his throat. "Only one question. Now, moving on....."

"Yeah." I agreed, relieved that the attention was off of me and my sex life once more. "Umm... Tom. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Okay, I dare you to kiss Lilly." I smiled delightfully, my light headedness making me particularly irrational.

He instantly took on a look I knew all too well. Embarrassment, with just a hint of uncertainty. It was practically my entire being's motto.

"Uhhhhh..." He hesitated, glancing at Lilly uncertainly.

"Just do it! You know you want tooooo...." Jerry egged him on, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Okay then." His expression suddenly hardened with a new found determination, and his face swooped in to hers, until their noses were brushing. Lilly looked up at him breathlessly, I couldn't decide if it was an effect of Tom being so close, or just the alcohol. I suspected both.

Then, he leaned in ever so slightly so that their lips brushed. As soon as they made contact, Lilly pounced on him, grabbing the back of his neck and deepening the kiss. After a minute or so, I was pretty sure that they had forgotten that they were making out right in front of us.

"Guys?" Conner asked, only to be shushed by me and Alex.

"Let them be!" Alex whispered shouted at him. "We've been waiting for this since the twins moved here!"

We must have been whispering loud enough, because Lilly jerked away from Tom with a shocked expression. Tom looked like he was in a daze, and Lily's hair was a mess. "Uhhhhhh..... We're just.... Going to get a drink." She stood up, grabbing Tom's hand and rushing them out of the room.

"Awwww!" Jerry squealed in what must have been his impression of us.

"Please. We only talk like that cause we're female. What's your excuse?" I rolled my eyes, alcohol giving me courage.

"Ouch." Travis mumbled under his breath, a smug grin edging at his lips as he slyly glanced between me and Jerry. Jerry instantly turned to glare at the other blond.

"Moving along. Conner! You're up!" I interrupted Jerry before he could start an argument.

"Okay..... Travis." His green eyes darkened a shade as his gaze locked on his target.

"Ohhh. Uhhh, dare. I guess." He fidgeted restlessly.

"Why so nervous Brit?" I teased him, amused as he continued to squirm under Conner's intense predator look..

"No re-eason."

"I dare you, to go up to that senior over there and ask him for a kiss." Conner pointed at a very drunken senior who was losing badly at beer pong.

Travis looked absolutely horrified as he looked at the said senior, who was currently licking his ping pong racket. "What?! Are you mad?!"

"No, more like mildly amused." Conner smirked, and I didn't even bother to correct his misinterpretation of the word mad.

"Sorry Brit, no chickens." Jerry chuckled.

"But-but I-"

"Come on Travis! He probably will just punch you, then it's all over." Alex giggled.

With one last glare at Conner, he grumpily got to his feet and reluctantly made his way over to the older boy. I saw him tap on the senior's shoulder uncertainly, and then he said something that was too soft to hear from across the room. The boy laughed loudly, before planting a kiss square on Travis' lips.

We all burst out laughing at how pink his face was when he leaped away and ran back to our circle frantically.

I was laughing so hard that my lungs were starting to ache. The look of pure panic on poor Travis's face was absolutely priceless when that senior kissed him, and I was sure that it would be permanently etched into my brain. No one had actually expected him to be willing to comply to Travis' request.

"That. Never. Happened." Travis said through gritted teeth, his face still beet red.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the night, was pretty much a big blur.

But next thing I knew, I woke up and it was the next morning. I was nursing a huge hangover, I felt like I had just been hit by a bus, and I was in the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun dun duuun!! Cliffhanger!

Sorry it took so long. :( Had to study for EOCs all last week. (End Of Course Exams) Who's bright idea was to make it 30% of our fianal grade?~

Well anyway, tell me what you think! Was it too cliche? :/ I had a bit of trouble with the whole party theme.

I'll try and write the next one a bit faster!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171 28 7
Shortlisted for the Open Novella Contest 2019 • Being a Supervillain is tough. Between managing a secret lair and making sure your mom doesn't stop...
1.2K 70 24
"Promise me that we will always be besties forever cowboy." I said. "I will stop drinking juice boxes if we don't cowgirl. " He promised. *ten years...
102K 3.4K 53
Amanda decided to sacrifice everything and get married just for the sake of the future of her deceased friend's baby. Thinking that everything she ha...
809K 14.2K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...