Numb to the Feeling (Camren G...

By temptedlmj

301-754-6789: Alright alright fine. I Lied okay? You happy? I fucking Lied. 301-754-9789: Shit wrong number... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
UPDATE

13

14.3K 267 93
By temptedlmj

Lauren Jauregui POV

I got off work at 5:45, giving me just enough time to go back to my apartment and get ready for tonight. I had everything planned out. First, we would go eat dinner at LaPaz, and then after that we would go down to the beach ending off the night. I was never too romantic, that being said though, I also was never lazy when it came to dating.

I was walking home when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, I picked it up and saw the caller ID was my bestfriend in the entire world: Zayn Malik or as his nickname that I gave him was Bradford. "Talk Bradford and make it quick I have a date tonight." I said picking up.

"The girl who just got shot by her ex is going on a date? Already? Really? Isn't it too soon?"

"Look Bradford I didn't mean for it to happen, it just kinda did."

"So you're just gonna jump back in?"

"I'm not jumping in anywhere... I just, I just don't wanna be lonely. Yes I have friends, friends that are loyal and kind and will stand by me, but I want someone who I can cuddle and love and call mine. Call it selfish but I'm needy."

"I get that, I get that you want someone to call yours. I get it all. I just want you to be careful. I love you and if I ever lost you... I don't know what'll happen." He sounded genuine, like he needed me to understand what he was saying.

"You're a good friend Malik, I don't know what I would do without you."

"You too Lauren, you too." I walked back to my apartment talking with him about why animals couldn't talk, we had weird conversations. I got in the door and set my bag down. Walked into the kitchen, got an apple and started eating it, then went into my bedroom and picked clothes out. I jumped into the shower and washed off. 30 minutes of hair, makeup, and clothing I was ready. I went into the living room and checked my phone "6:34", I was right on time.

After parking my car in the deck downtown I walked to the building that was "LaPaz".

"Lauren Jauregui." I heard from behind me and smiled. "It's good to see you walking for the first time." She said. I turned around and saw her and all her glory, damn she looks hot.

"Camila Cabello here and not on my phone." She laughed and looked down at her feet.

"Yeah I guess" she said and chuckled again. "You look amazing Lauren."

"Thank you." I said looking down at my black dress. "You look absolutely stunning by the way." I added.
(Visual)

"No I don't, but thanks." She was wearing a grey top and a black short skirt.
(Visual)

"Don't do that." I said.

"Don't do what?" she asked.

"Don't say you aren't beautiful. It's all bullshit. Most of us think that we are annoying or ugly or even stupid, but the truth is is that we don't see what other people see.. other people see you differently than you see yourself. So don't say those things about yourself cause they aren't true." She smiled and nodded.

"Very insightful Lauren."

"Thank you I try." I said as I flipped my hair. "Shall we go in?" I asked giving my elbow to her.

"We shall" she said as she took my elbow. We walked into the place with our arms linked and requested a table. "Booth or table?" The man asked.

"Booth" I said looking over to Camila nodding her head, he smiled and took us to a booth. I looked up at Camila and said. "I have a thing for booths. Random fact." She looked at me and smiled then looked back down at her menu, just as I thought that I screwed up saying that, she cleared her throat and said. "good to know" I then smiled and looked down at my menu.

Time passed by at dinner as we talked and ate when I asked. "When we're done I wanna take us down to the beach if that is alright with you."

"Absolutely! believe it or not I haven't been to the beach in a while."

"Really? We're in Miami so a beach isn't far away at all."

"Not enough time I guess. I have school and work and so I get busy."

"What are you studying?" I asked digging into my nachos.

"Journalism" she said as she picked up her taco, she took a bite and got some sour cream on her face when I scrunched up my nose and smiled. "Here" I said using my napkin and wiped her nose. "Oh cool!" I said genuinely.

"What are you studying?" She asked.

"Photography"

"Woah! I didn't know that! What types of photos do you take?" She said as she picked her drink up and took a sip.

"I have a fascination with people. Like how people think, how people talk, how they move, how they act. I like knowing people's stories, I like figuring out people. So I photograph people to try and capture something that says little things about their life."

"How can you take a picture and then figure things out about people? A picture is just a picture."

"Like I said it's the little things you see in them.. The way their eyes look, the way they are standing or moving, if they are smiling or not. You can create stories from these photos, they're just some "Photo" well, to some people they are but to people who look past just the photo... you can see amazing things Camila." I said, I looked over at her and she was staring at me and looked to be deep in thought. "I'm sorry I rant a lot."

"No no I absolutely adore it. I love how you don't just say Well it's hard to explain you actually explain it, and while some find it boring to have to listen to, I don't. I love it."

"Thanks Camz" I said. We finished our meal and I paid, after two minutes of us fighting on paying, I said that I asked her out so I should be the one to pay, in which she stopped arguing. I checked the clock when we got out on the streets and it said 8:36, which I thought was the perfect time to take her to the beach. It was Miami so it was pretty hot out, which meant a perfectly good time to take her to the beach.

"Tell me Camz whare do you see yourself in 10 years?" I asked, trying to come up with a conversation as we walked to the beach.

"To be perfectly honest? I wanna be a journalist for the NewYorkTimes, but what journalist doesn't want that? I want a nice house or apartment in NewYork, I want a nice healthy family, yes I said family. Most of all I just wanna be happy, and I wanna be loved."

"Sounds fair enough." I said.

"What abuut you huh? Whare do you see yourself in 10 years?"

"I really don't care. I mean, if you're a photographer, you really don't need to stay in one place for too long. All I know is that I want two kids and someone who loves me for me."

"Sounds fair." She looked over at me and stared thinking that I didn't see her. We reached the beach not too long after, and walked right up to the water. We took our shoes off and walked along the waterline. I looked over and saw she had a cheeky grin on her face and raised an eyebrow, but before I could figure out what she was doing she pushed me and said. "Tag! You're it" and took off running. Dropping my shoes next to hers I ran after her, running in circles and trying to catch up. Damn she was fast.

She got close up to the water and led me behind her when she stopped suddenly and pushed me into the water, causing me to lose balance and fall on my ass in the water making her burst out laughing. "Camila! That's not funny!" I yelled with a playful yet angry tone.

"Yes it is! You weren't the one who saw you slow motion fall on your ass!" she replied still laughing. I got up and shook my head with a smile. We got our shoes and continued to walk along the water. "Tonight was fun Lauren. Thank you." She said.

"My pleasure Camz." I said back.

I walked her back to her car and said goodnight. I didn't get into my car just yet since I was still a little wet, so I called Zayn. "Well if it isn't my favorite american! How was the date Lauren?" he said with a cheerful voice.

"Amazing, it couldn't have gone better. God I think I might really like her."

"Now I know nothing about her, and I feel like that's being a bad bestfriend so tell me more please."

"Well..." and from then on I talked his ear off about her.

I got in my car and drove off back to my apartment. When I unlocked the door I walked in and immediately noticed Dinah playing GTA V while Mani and Ally played connect four on the table behind Dinah. They all looked up and stopped what they were doing, all eyes were on me. I told them about the night and how perfect it went, and then after that I kicked Mani and Dinah out. I was tired and so was Ally, so we said our goodnights and went to our separate rooms.

I got in my room and immediately took my heels and dress off kicking both aside. I brushed my teeth and put on a tank top then hopped in bed. I was curious to see how tomorrow was gonna pan out, curious as to where Camila and I stood in this... relationship? Curiosity took over my head and I silently drifted off to sleep.

-----
A/N
Is it just me or did I use so many I's in this chapter? Idk doesn't matter... OKAY THANKS FOR READING 😊😊😊

STAY SAFE AND DONT DIE WITHOUT ME!

-K
twitter: @Nuggettjauregui

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.4K 2.2K 60
Second book to 'my little one' Lauren and camila have just left high school and are in a band with their friends, how will this affect their relation...
84.2K 2K 25
Camila Cabello was 6 years old when she was diagnosed with a blood disorder. She isn't allowed to leave her house nor to really have a normal life. N...
148K 3.7K 21
I'd kill for her. I wonder if she'd do the same. [g!p] Also at some point this turned into a Camren/you which I didn't plan. I didn't see it coming i...
763K 21.3K 51
[COMPLETED]✓ I never forgot my first love. I just learnt to pretend everything was okay while I was breaking on the inside. I lost myself because the...