How to Train Your Dragon: Cha...

By Little_Nightfury17

(Third sequel to Scars) Things go well for Hiccup after the death of Drago Bludvist. But when he meets the he... More

Heir to the Tribe of the Night Warriors
You are the Father!
Met the Night Warriors
Winds of Migration
A Scalding Situation
Roman Troubles
A Plea For Innocence
The Reaper's Death
To the Beast's Lair
What Happened Here; a Thousand Years Ago
Let Me Show You
What Happened to Hiccup the Second?
Spark
The Right Choice
For the Betterment of the Species

History of the Night Warriors

334 16 6
By Little_Nightfury17

Please leave a review! I will be away next week at camp so I'll be unable to post the next chapter next Tuesday. So instead I'll post chapter six on Sunday around the same time that I usually post the chapters (9 AM EST).  

O

Two weeks had passed since Hiccup met the Night Warriors. When someone asked him what they were like Hiccup would say that they were unlike anything he's seen before. They really were all about Night Furies. And as Hiccup was given a tour of the village some of the younger villagers crowded the Night Furies, Silver didn't like that. On said tour Hiccup met Erland; who reminded Hiccup much of his younger self. Erland was thin boy with black hair. He was also shy but loved dragons. Erland told Hiccup about his nickname; Erland the Unlucky. He explained that whatever he touched seemed to break and Hiccup felt sorry for Erland, yet thought that the dragon he was partnered with, a Hobblegrunt, was a very smart choice. As a birthday present Hiccup let Erland ride on Toothless with him and that's when Hiccup got first-hand experience with Erland's "unlucky curse" after nearly crashing into some villagers.  

But Hiccup was now back on Berk, helping Bucket and Mulch bring in the fish they caught, when Luna's Terrible Terror, Rose flew up to him. "Oh, hey there Rose," Hiccup greeted the little Dragon.

'Good day to you Hiccup and Toothless,' Rose greeted politely, 'Have either of you guys seen Luna?'

"Uh no," Hiccup shook his head, "Not since yesterday. She's missing?"

'She left late yesterday to check on a group of wild Snow Wraiths that she rescued from Dragon Hunters a month ago,' Rose explained, 'But she hasn't returned. Electro is starting to freak out.'

"Electro?"

'A Titan Skrill,' Rose landed on Toothless' head, 'Him and Luna have been friends for many many years and he's extremely protective of her.'

"Are there people looking for her?" Hiccup grew very worried.

'Yes. Electro has asked-more so demanded- for Steamer, Ruin, and Snowy to look for her,' Rose explained more, 'Her father has also sent people out to find her, but sent me to ask you for help as well.'

"Of course," Hiccup agreed, "I don't have anything else to do for the rest of today and early tomorrow. I'll get some of Riders and head to where she was suppose to be."

O

Hiccup, Astrid, and Valka followed Rose Northward. She was surprisingly fast for a little Terror, though not to Hiccup. They soon came upon a snow covered island. 'This is where she relocated the Snow Wraiths,' Rose explained, 'She might be somewhere on the island.'

"Alright," Hiccup looked back at Astrid and Valka, "Let's split up and search the island."

"Right," they agreed.

They searched the island over. Turning over every rock and stone, hoping to find Luna. Astrid searched the North side of the island while Valka searched the West side. Hiccup, meanwhile, looked through the South and East sides. Hiccup and Toothless had just crossed over into the East side when a strong and freezing gust of wind rushed over them, making them shiver.

"She's definitely trapped in like a cave in somewhere," Hiccup scanned the white ground below, "Try using your Echolocation."

Toothless roared out and the purple light of his Echolocation scanned the land and came back to him. 'Nothing,' Toothless sighed. But as they continued flying a low sounding roar caught Toothless' attention. 'Wait!' he listened closer, 'That's Tracker! This way!' Toothless shifted to the left and flew towards the center of the island. Toothless let out another Echolocation. This time he got something. 'I found them!' Toothless flew down and landed in an opening.

Hiccup climbed off, unsure of where they were. But then, from behind, he heard the faint roars of a Deadly Nadder. He turned and saw nothing but a white wall of snow. "Luna!?" he called out, "Tracker!?"

'Here! We're here!' a tired voice called back from behind the wall.

"Tracker?" Hiccup walked up to it.

'Hiccup!' Tracker's voice shouted to him, 'Be careful! This cave fell in and our way out was blocked! Blasting our way out isn't going to work! It's just going to cause the rest of the cave to come down!'

"Don't worry!" Hiccup shouted, "We'll get you out!" He turned to Toothless, "Call Cloudjumper and Stormy. We need as many diggers as we can."

'Right,' Toothless turned and faced the sky. He let out a strong roar that echoed throughout the island.

Hiccup faced the wall again, "Luna!? Can you hear me!?"

"H...Hiccup!?" he heard faintly.

"Luna!" Hiccup started to dig out the snow, "Don't worry! I'm gonna get you out of there!"

'Hurry!' Tracker begged, 'Luna is about to freeze to death! I've done my best to keep her warm, but I can only do so much!'

"Luna!" Hiccup called out, "Talk to me! Say something!"

"Uh..." Luna tried to think of what to say, but her mind was close to falling victim to the cold, "W-When I was kid a Whispering Death nearly bit off my entire right leg. I wear a prosthetic, but...I...uh...think that it broke off when the snow collapsed."

"Really?" Hiccup continued digging; he ignored the numbing of figures, "Why did that happen?"

"It was a wild...dragon," Luna could barely form words, "We were helping my dad relocate it. It also bit off the lower half of Tracker's right leg and almost all of her r-right wing."

"Wow," Hiccup wasn't fond of Whispering Deaths, "Come on! You need to keep talking!"

Toothless finished his call then quickly started digging beside Hiccup, 'Tell us why your people are so fond of my species!'

Luna shivered, "W...When my ancestors left Sweden a thousand years ago they traveled the sea. But a terrible storm sunk...t-their ship. Everyone would have drowned if a flock of Night Furies didn't rescue them...T-They took my ancestors to what would become our home. M-M-My people worshiped the Night Fury ever s-s-since."

After a few minutes of digging Astrid and Valka arrived. They dug and dug; not minding their freezing hands. Soon, they got through. "Luna!" Hiccup ran to her. He saw the destroyed prosthetics frozen in the snow. All of Luna's right leg but the top half of her right thigh were gone and Tracker was hoping on one foot and had her only wing raised up.

"I...really...hate the cold, "Luna said before falling conscience.

"Luna!" Hiccup checked her , "She's still breathing. We need to get her back to Berk!"

O

Harvlard rushed to Berk as fast as they could. They landed in the center of village and Harvlard jumped off of Aircutter, his Titan Stormcutter. "Where is she!?" he cried.

"At my house," Hiccup met him, "We warmed her up then laid her down to rest."

"Take me to her!" Harvlard demanded.

Hiccup took him to his house. He opened the door and lead him up to his room. Luna laid sleeping in Hiccup's bed. "Both her and Tracker are going to need new prosthetics," Hiccup said quietly.

Harvlard walked over to his daughter. He caressed her face and smiled down at her. "Thank you," he turned to Hiccup, "I owe you for saving my daughter."

"No," Hiccup disagreed, "You don't need to owe anything. After all she saved Toothless."

"Still, you must be repaid for this," Harvlard stood up and smiled at Hiccup, "Both me and my daughter will be willing to answer any question you may have about the Night Fury."

"It's really nothing," Hiccup repeated, "I'm just glad that she's safe."

Harvlard turned to Luna, "I agree, but, where is Tracker?"

"Resting by our Forge," Hiccup informed him, "I was going to make a replacement for the prosthetics that they both lost."

"Let me do that," Harvlard offered, "These aren't just any old prosthetics."

"Well," Hiccup smiled, "Whatever you need you can have."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391 15 15
hiccup was on patrol with his night fury toothless then everything went wrong he was taken by a masked man and brought to his master who made a deal...
45.3K 1.1K 12
Another time, another story... After the events of Drago and his Dragon Army, Hiccup stepped up to his new responsibilities as Chief. And Y/n stood b...
6.8K 155 20
What if hiccup ran away? What if he comes across the red death and kills it? What happens when he wakes up on a strange island with unknown people an...
28.6K 1K 31
[Completed] After the Giant War, Percy Jackson had thought for his demigod life to be placed on standby. No more attacks from past enemies, no more...