Potter

By lillyanbrooks

Lily Potter is an average 15 year old living in the United States in 2011. When magic upheaves her life and d... More

Potter
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapterlette 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27(Alternate)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33(FINALLY)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Epilogue: Part 1/7
Epilogue : Part 2/7
Epilogue : Part 3/7
Epilogue : Part 4/7
Epilogue : Part 5/7
Epilogue : Part 6/7
Epilogue : Part 7/7

Chapter 102

37.2K 1.1K 1.4K
By lillyanbrooks

I kept my fingers knotted in my lap as Lavender worked, her movements light and quick across my face. We'd been at the Burrow nearly all morning, Lavender having rushed me over as soon as I'd dressed after my shower. There, we'd met up with Luna and Ginny, and the festivities had begun– I largely hadn't minded, as no sooner had I been sat down at the makeup table did Ginny hand me a mimosa; it was more orange juice than champagne, but I'd needed it to deal with the pace Lavender worked at.

Now that Lavender was working on painting my lips a flattering shade of rose pink, I'd been forced to put the drink down and wait in silence for her to finish.  The last touch, she'd called it– she'd already done my hair the hour before.

"You look lovely, Lily," Luna cooed from her chair, her own makeup and hair having been completed twenty minutes earlier; her dress, a satiny shade of emerald green, shimmered as she crossed her legs at the ankles, hands lifted to fuss with the larkspur tucked behind her ear. Where she sat on her bed a few feet away, Ginny wore the same– an agreed upon strapless sweetheart gown that had been to both girl's taste, and fit in with the rest of the colors for the wedding. The green matched the shade of the ties Blaise and Theo were wearing; at least, so I was told.

I hadn't seen either of them yet. 

Of course, I hadn't seen Draco either, but that I had at least expected. 

"And that's... it," Lavender hummed, leaning back to admire her work. Her nose crinkled for a moment, and I had a split second of worry that my waiting wasn't over after all– but then she nodded, a small smile crossing over her own ruby-red lips. "You look like perfection, Lily Potter."

"Can I see myself now?" Lavender had forbidden me from looking until she was done. She nodded, standing up from her seat across from me,  careful to avoid snagging her chiffon grey dress on any corners and swirled my chair around towards the mirror.

For all the time Lavender had spent, the overall result was... light. Natural. I looked like me, the pink she'd applied to my lips flattering to the flush of my cheeks, the light gold and long lashes on my eyelids bringing out the green of my eyes. She'd taken great pains to perfect my hair, having left it in soft curls before pinning it half up with the hair comb I'd inherited from Narcissa.

The overall effect was a little contradicted with the sweat pants and tank top I wore, but it was breath-taking all the same. With the dress on, the gold-plaited veil and heels... perhaps it was vain, but Ginny had used the word radiant to describe it, so I figured I could, as well.

"You've outdone yourself," I told her, smiling a little at my reflection; she smiled back, eyes bright and shining, a healthy glow to her cheeks. I looked happy. I was happy– almost unbearably so.

It wasn't every day you married the love of your life for the second time.

"The mascara is waterproof, by the way," Lavender added, a knowing look in her eyes as I pulled my eyes from my reflection to hers; she was smiling at me, blue eyes warm. "Just in case."

"Thank you, Lavender." I reached my hand out to her, squeezing it gently when she gave it to me. "I'd be lost without you."

"You're just saying that," she tsked, though I could see the happy flush in her cheeks. "I've packed all the products in your honeymoon bag, by the way. As well as everything else, that's already been dropped off at your destination– you're welcome, by the way."

"Always thinking ahead," I told her brightly, just as the knock came on the bedroom door. Though Luna was closer, Ginny was faster, sliding off the bed and crossing her room in several long-strides. She was careful to crack the door open, peeking through just the barest sliver to ensure I wouldn't be seen. The secrecy lasted only a second before Tonks came barreling in, dressed in a surprisingly understated blue dress while wearing sunshine-yellow hair. She beamed as bright as her hair when she saw me, arms outstretched for the hug I'd already stood up for.

"You look so beautiful!" My friend cooed, leaning back to frame my face with her hands and stare me down. "You're getting married!"

"I know!" I cried, smiling helplessly when I saw the tears beading in her eyes– Tonks huffed, pulling my hands from her face to wipe at her own, careful to avoid smudging her makeup.

"I was never this teary before the baby," she groaned. 

"I'm teary, and I haven't had a baby," Ginny complained with a small sniff. I rolled my eyes with a smile, patting Tonk's shoulder in hopes of some semblance of comfort; it was hard when I was holding in tears myself, unwilling to shed them quite yet.

"You arrived just in time for the dress," Lavender told her, hitting the door shut with her hips before pulling the garment bag off the hook she'd placed it on upon arrival. She looked at us with a small smile, the bag carefully draped over her hands as she held it out. Tonks frowned for a moment, befuddlement clear as she looked from the dress bag to me. I simply shrugged.

"Normally, the mother of the bride is the one to help put the dress on; and since mine isn't here... Well. I figured I could have the closest thing I have to an older sister help out instead," I explained. Tonks stared at me, red mouth fallen open for a moment before she sniffed.

"I'd be honored," she told me, and took the dress from Lavender's hands. I tried not to feel too self-conscious as I pulled off my shirt and sweatpants, revealing the lace-y white lingerie set that inspired Ginny to do a wolf whistle that had me scrambling to get the dress on as quickly as possible.

"Draco's going to faint," Tonks announced to my mortification, but all I could do was lift my hands up as the crepe satin of my wedding dress slid over me. Seconds after came the gold-leafed heels, handed gingerly to me by a smiling Luna. Then Lavender carefully pinned the gold veil into my hair, making sure it sat neatly without disrupting the emerald hair comb.

Staring into the mirror, I let out a deep breath, taking in everything as it suddenly set in. The dress still fit like a glove, it's soft silky white flowing over my bust and hips. The veil flowed down behind me, its gold catching in the light with each tilt of my head. I'd already switched my engagement ring from my left hand to my right.

"Wizards and witches, we have a bride," Ginny announced fondly from behind me. Slowly, a small smile sliding over my face, my eyes shinning with unshed tears, I nodded in agreement. 

_

The Wealsey's had missed no detail in preparing the Burrow for the wedding; between Lavender and Molly it had been utterly transformed, the lower floor and the tent where the reception would be decorated in white, green and gold. The ceremony itself would be held outside, under the twilight sky of early July. I'd caught a glimpse of it on my way out, the white rose petals that made the aisle, the ivy-tied white curtains that hung at the altar, the wicker chairs and emerald bows for the guests to sit.

The weather had been promised to be pleasant, and it was; warm, with the most gentle breeze passing by the expanse of the Weasley's property. It ruffled my veil and the ends of my dress as I walked, hidden behind the corner of the Burrow. I'd been carefully moved outside, concealed from the eye of waiting wedding guests and the groom. Ginny and Luna milled about excitedly, clutching their bouquets. Lavender held my own while we waited, wrist turning as she repeatedly checked the watch she wore.

"The ceremony starts in five," she said. "Where is your father?"

"Mum wrapped him and Felicity into helping seat guests," Ginny told her, then leant over the corner of the house, careful to keep her dress and flowers concealed. She looked back to us a second later. "He's on his way over now– ooh, I wonder if Felicity helped pick his dress robes. He looks fantastic."

"They went shopping together last week," I recalled, fingers knotting in the front of my dress before I remembered I wasn't supposed to wrinkle it. My heels rocked anxiously against the grass, having used a spell to keep the point of the heels from sinking into the dirt. "Felicity's dress matches his tie."

"Aw."

"Do you want to sit down, Lily?" Luna's brows had furrowed, concern shining in her blue eyes. She took one of my hands from their clasped grip, smoothing out the tension with her own gentle fingers. "You don't need to be nervous."

"I'm not nervous," I told her, squeezing her hand back with a small smile. "Just... fluttery."

"Fluttery is good," Lavender assured me, relief visibly breaking over her face when Sirius turned the corner. "There you are! Alright, everyone, into place– Luna, Ginny– hold your bouquets high, please– and Lily, here's yours. Don't drop it, please."

She handed the flowers to me carefully, and I managed to take them from her without disrupting the careful flow of lilies, larkspur and ivy. They were tied together with an emerald ribbon, the fabric soft against my fingers, the weight surprisingly light. Ginny had expressed her gratitude for it; when I finally made it up to the altar, I'd be passing it off to her for the rest of the ceremony.

"Breathing fine, Flower?" Sirius asked as he stepped beside me, his arm gentle as it looped with my own. I nodded.

"Not planning on fainting anytime soon."

"That's my girl," he said, offering my hand a gentle squeeze. Lavender had pushed Luna along, the Ravenclaw starting the gentle march down the white-rose aisle of Lavender and Molly's design. Deep breaths, I thought. I'd practiced this, knew what to say, where to go.

Lavender sent Ginny off, and my grip on my father's arm tightened. I could hear the music shift, the rustle as the guests rose from their seats. Lavender squeezed my arm gently and wished, "Good luck."

Sirius kept us at a steady peace, the string quartet playing a swooning melody as our feet moved over the white roses. I could hear the gasps as we stepped into view, and my chest tightened– this was real. 

Deep breaths. 

I'd never fallen in heels before; I wasn't about to now, and Sirius wasn't about to let me anyway.

I offered a small smile, catching the eye of Colin from behind his camera. We'd hired him for the day, trusting his abilities to capture the moments we wanted to remember. Other faces smiled at me from the crowd, some eyes tear-lined, others dry but filled with fondness all the same. The Weasleys, the Lupins, Hogwarts professors dabbing their eyes with handkerchiefs. McGonagall looked elegant in her emerald robes. Her eyes shone with tears that nearly inspired my own.

Harry, Caiden, Ron and Hermione sat nearby– Caiden open-mouthed, Harry beaming. Hermione was crying, eyes red-rimmed and her fingers gripping Ron's tightly. He gave me an encouraging smile and a thumbs up as we passed.

Felicity offered an encouraging smile, her eyes shining behind her glasses. Beside her, Neville, Hannah, Nigel and Holly, the last's hands clasped tightly together. On the other side were wizards I had less familiarity with, but Narcissa was smiling, her chin dipping in approval when I caught her eye.

And then I looked forward and my breath caught.

He'd gone with a muggle suit in dark grey rather than black, an emerald tie neatly around the collar of his white shirt. His pale hair been largely left alone, and his face– his face– was flawless, a small smile gracing his lips and a shine in his eyes that made my knees want to give out. My heart was beating so fast it hurt, and I bit down on my lip to keep to keep the tears that threatened to spill from showing.

The end of the aisle was really nothing more than a floating white curtain draped over a wooden arch, tied by the same ivy in my bouquet, and we approached it at a steady pace. I could barely register the music as Sirius passed my hand from where it gripped his arm into Draco's waiting reach. Grey eyes met mine, bright with unshed tears and a joy to rival my own.

"Potter," he greeted below the music, and I went to smile back before I realized I already was, a tear escaping my eyes.  His hand tightened on mine, his fingers trembling.  I couldn't tear my eyes from him. I didn't want to.

The ceremony somehow managed to go by equally slow and fast– we'd elected not to write our own vows, solely for the fact that there were simply too many things to be said– and if I was being honest, I didn't remember half of what the wizard standing in front of us said. Love, honor, commitment. Something along the lines of that– all good things, but not where my attention was kept.

I wanted to remember every shade of Draco's eyes as he listened, the way they kept moving to me and made my knees weak all over again. The way his hands were gentle against my own as the ring– a delicately simple silver band– was slid onto my finger, the way his hands were still shaking as I gave him his, grey eyes fondly watching me.

I remembered looking back at him, heart thrumming inside my chest as he said "I do", and I did too. I'd almost kissed him then, almost broke the unspoken barrier between us that had been set from the start of the ceremony, the line we weren't supposed to cross until told. It bubbled up inside me like a laugh, and I bit down on my lip to keep it from breaking out.

The minister, a tall, grey-haired wizard with tan cheeks and a pleasant smile, nodded, hands clasped together in front of his robes. 

"By the power vested in me," he said, deep voice a warm rumble over the summer breeze, "And in the eyes of the world around you, I pronounce you as husband and wife. Wizard, you may kiss your witch!"

It was like the final breath before diving underwater, but a thousand times better. Draco's hands reached to cradle my face, thumb brushing by the strands of hair left to curl by my cheek before he kissed me, lips soft and certain against my own. My fingers wrapped smoothly around his wrist, a smile breaking over my face as the sound of applause rose from beside us. Draco broke away with a soft laugh, eyes shining, and I leant up on my toes to kiss him one more time before we had to face the guests.

"To the world, I announce– the new Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy!" The wizard announced delightedly, and if possible, the clapping somehow got louder– Sirius let out a wolf-whistle that had me blushing, and Draco's hand twined gently with my own as we stepped away from the alter, the soft melody of the string quartet humming sweetly in the air. 

Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, I thought, glancing to my husband with a small smile. And from the smile that graced Draco's lips, the tears in his eyes, I knew he was thinking the same.

_

The white tent for the reception held six round tables, each draped in white sheets and covered with silverware given by Narcissa and Lavender's beautifully crafted flower arrangements. Floating tea candles hung about the air space of the tent, the sides left open so the breeze could run through as everyone ate and talked. The music had moved, the charmed string quartet playing richly through the summer air.

Our table was blissfully isolated, covered in ivy and flowers and warm light, close enough to the others so we weren't isolated but far enough away that we were allowed to take in each other without too many intrusions; people still wandered up to our table, commenting on the ceremony or the dress or even just the delicately floating lights, but it was fine.

Draco had promised me at least two weeks; I could stand a few hours more to get to them.

Especially when those hours were filled with things like toasts, cake and dancing.

"When Lavender approached me with the idea of making a toast, I hesitated," my father began, standing beside his table with a glass of French champagne in his hand. He looked completely indifferent to the number of eyes on him, his own drawn towards where I sat hand in hand with my husband, breath caught in my chest. "I feel as though I played too great a role in keeping our bride and groom apart– a crime I had not realized the severity of until it was too late. Most of you don't know the story. and I will not go into the depths of it now, but I'll tell you that I would never wish the pain of watching your daughter grieve for the wizard she loves on anyone."

Draco's hand tightened over mine. Sirius's eyes softened, a smile pulling at his lips.

"Somehow they've both forgiven me for the role I had in their hurt. And as they always have, they fought their way around the worst of obstacles and returned to each other each and every time. They've grown together– from teens trying to covertly snog to the impressive pair you see in front of you today," he added, and I let out a small groan, turning to hide my laugh in Draco's shoulder. 

The entire room let out varying laughs. Sirius offered me a small wink and continued, "Not to sound like a sap, but as a believer in true love, I like to think I know it when I see it. And I'm not so proud as not to be able to admit that I missed this at first– but yesterday, today, tomorrow– I assure you, you will be hard-pressed to find a couple as more deserving of the love and happiness they have fought for, and I welcome you to raise your glasses with me in honor of these two kids and all they've done; to Lily and Draco!"

There was a resounding chorus of our names, and I struggled keeping my smile down to sip from my champagne glass. It was a failure though as the cake was brought out– a four-layer champagne and gin buttercream cake Draco and I had fallen in love with upon tasting. Draco's hand was gentle as he helped me up from the table, escorting me around it and to where the cake was waiting.

The knife was shining and silver, and I wielded it carefully as I sliced though Felicity's dearly-loved contribution to the wedding. It was a muggle tradition, but one Draco caught onto quickly and with the upmost precision as he took the half slice and popped it into my mouth, managing to only smear the smallest bit of icing across my upper lip. I gave him his, laughing a little at his expression as the taste hit his tongue, then went to wipe the icing from his lip– stopped only when his fingers caught my moving hand.

He kissed me before I could guess what he was up to, lips capturing my own and arms wrapping around my waist to dip me as he did. He tasted like the gin icing, intoxicatingly sweet, and I had to grip onto his arm to keep from tipping over when he pulled back, a smug grin on his face. Colin's camera flashed happily away, and the rest of the cake was dispersed quickly.

The first dance was a sweeping memory, Draco's body lean and warm against my own and the music as gentle as the wind around us. Somehow I could feel his heart even through his suit, its steady beat thrumming alongside my own. His lips pressed against my forehead as we swayed, the first song ending and drifting into one that invited others to join.

I was stolen away from him only three times that evening; once so I could dance with Sirius, and a second time to twirl around with Caiden, my younger brother having been as patient as possible until he could wait to see me no more. He'd been especially careful to make sure his hands were icing-free before he touched the fabric of my dress. The third time to my delight was Tonks, who insisted on a dance and had whisked me away seconds before I could return to Draco's arms. She was absolutely unapologetic, her hair turning a wicked shade of pink as she laughed.

By the time I was returned to Draco it was nearly dark outside, and I sunk into his arms in the blissful relaxation of one knowing they were home. We'd gotten the last of our pictures taken, had visited the many people that had approached us with congratulations, and had made sure to thank the Weasley's profusely for everything they'd done, alongside saying goodbye to everyone else for two weeks.

By the time it came time for us to move on, I let myself be wrapped in my husband's arms so he could he whisk us away.

_

Wherever we were in the world, it was night.

My head swam a little from the large shift of distance, but Draco's arms were still wrapped tightly around me and wind that smelt like sea brushed past us. I opened my eyes to a dark room, cast in blue and moonlight by the late hour sky that peered in through the wide windows around us. Outside I could see the beach, the ripples of water and the shining moon it reflected. The wind, I realized, was courtesy of the open windows, white curtains swaying lightly under its influence.

"I can't see a lot of it, but I love it already," I told him, leaning up on my tiptoes to peer back over Draco's shoulder– we were in the wide-spaced living room of a two-story house,  the stairs to the second floor climbing quite literally up the wall to my right. The room was spacious, made of wood and windows and white couches. I thought I caught glimpse of a kitchen through the hallway, the silver of its stove and marble sinks shining under the moon.

Draco kissed my temple. "Go explore for a moment," he suggested. "I want to see if the house-elves are still up."

"Sounds good," I told him, pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek before I moved to head for the hall, intent on finding the bag Lavender had packed for me– but Draco paused, keeping my fingers twined with his as he looked at me.

"Don't change out of the dress yet, perhaps," he added, voice low even against the quiet of the house and the soft lull of the waves outside. It sent a small thrill through my stomach, and I dug my teeth into my bottom lip to keep from smiling like a complete dork.

"Then don't keep me waiting long," I replied, and I saw the fondness flash across his face as I turned, my footsteps light against the floors of the house as I walked. It was endearingly simple, made of deep-colored wood and white, and the candles that had been placed around furniture and hung from the walls across the walls lit up as I passed by, their orange glow the only contrast to the midnight colored world.

It took me two tries to find the bedroom, the two doors I opened beforehand leading me first to an empty coat closet and second to a bathroom that looked as big as my flat back home,a giant marble tub shining in the moonlight. I'd closed the door with a promise to return, the idea of warm water and bubbles a welcome one.

But that was later, and currently I stood in the middle of our bedroom for the next two weeks. It was spacious, considerably minimalistic; a large white bed, and a wall made of glass that looked out onto the beach. 

The private beach.

Curtains had been pinned out of the way, and I realized one of the glass panes had been slid open, providing access to the beach just outside.

I kicked my heels off, a relieved sigh leaving me as my bare feet touched the cold wooden floor, and marched out towards the sand. It was cold underneath my feet but the air around me was warm, wrapping around me as I made my way towards the water. It was calm tonight, lapping peacefully against the white sand. 

I carefully gripped the satin of my dress and lifted it up, dipping my feet into the shallow waves. The water was warm. I let out a long breath, head rolling back on my shoulders at the feeling. Perfection.

A pair of arms slipped around my waist from behind, pulling me close. Warmth radiated from him, his heartbeat familiar even against my spine.

"Enjoying the beach, Mrs. Malfoy?" Draco asked softly, voice leaving goosebumps trailing over my neck. I smiled, tilting my head back to rest against his shoulder, my eyes slipping shut.

"Immensely," I told him after a moment, struggling to find my voice. "I haven't been to the beach in years. Where are we?"

"A private villa in Brazil," he answered, head ducked so his lips moved by my skin, as light as the summer breeze around us. "It belonged to Blaise's family for years before the wars– left relatively untouched since then. Since its technically his now, he offered it to us for as long as we liked."

"I'll have to thank him," I started, something else having caught my attention, the heat that had seeped into my muscles replaced by tightly-wound concern. I turned in Draco's arms, eyes wide, brows furrowed as I gripped his arms. For a moment I was silent, breath caught as I took him in– he looked beautiful in moonlight, impossibly so– and then I frowned, clearing my head. "But you're not supposed to leave the country!"

He frowned back at me, clearly mocking. "You had no problem with Paris."

"That was for one night! This– two weeks out of country, Draco? What if–"

He'd tucked his fingers under my chin and lifted my head to kiss me before I could protest further, the way his mouth moved and the taste of champagne that clung to him effectively keeping me from pushing him away, from even considering it. It ended shortly, replaced by a small peck to my forehead, and the air swam back into my lungs.

"I got permission," he said by my ear, a small smile in his voice. "It was cleared with the Ministry a month ago.  Do you really think I was willing to risk our honeymoon?"

"No," I replied in a small voice, still a little stunned. "You– do that again, please."

"What?" Draco pulled back, an eyebrow arched, his puzzlement clear. Shaking my head, I leant up on my toes– an effort in the wet sand that shifted under my weight. I knotted my fingers in the fabric of his white dress shirt, pressed my body against his as much as I could manage without sending the both of us hurtling to the sand.

"Kiss me," I whispered, and I saw the understanding light up in his eyes before his head ducked down and his lips met my own, unrestrained. My breath caught and my eyes slipped shut, heart thrumming inside my chest. My skin was electric where he touched, nerves tightening in my stomach, my chest, only to be soothed away by his hands on my hips, the fingers brushing over my cheek. The waves crashed over my feet, barely noticed at all.

My eyes stayed closed when the kiss ended, only to fly open again when my feet where knocked out from under me and Draco had me bridal-style in his arms. His mouth was on mine before I could scold him for startling me, and I was too busy lifting my hand to curl it over the nap of his neck to really even care anymore. He shifted my weight in his arms as he moved, grip tightening over the fabric of my dress as he walked, the sound of waves fading as we passed through the door. The scent of warm summer and flowers permeated the room.

Draco set me on my feet, kiss breaking, his lips parted and eyes nearly closed, noticeably darker even in the dim light of the room. His hand lifted, soft as it brushed back the curl that had fallen from Narcissa's emerald pin. He removed it carefully then placed it down on the nearby dresser, my dark hair swaying against my neck and cheeks as it felt back into place, undisturbed by pins or veils.

"You're so beautiful," he rasped, and my chest thudded at the sincerity in his voice, the want in it that made my skin buzz in anticipation. His fingers fell down my cheek, my neck, then lower, till the moment his arm curled around my waist and jolted me towards him, lips capturing my own in a gesture that had my fingers clutching his arms to keep myself standing.

He founded the discreet zipper of my dress, the sound of its pull, the feel of its metal moving down my spine sent a soft gasp from my mouth. But it was nothing compared to feeling him tense up when his fingers brushed the lace that I was wearing underneath the silky fabric, the smile that crossed his lips as the zipper met its end and the dress loosened enough to slide down my body– it'd been off-the-shoulders and there'd been nothing to stop it from falling to the floor once unzipped.

The two-part lingerie set I wore was the same shade of white as the dress, made of soft lace. Draco made a sound as though he was physically winded, and a small moan left my throat as his arms clasped around me and lifted me out of the circle of my dress, my legs wrapping around his hips, his hands keeping them there.

My skin was on fire. Warmth pounded through my veins, through my chest, my legs burning where his fingers gripped them. It was a relief when the bed's sheets were cool against my skin, a contrast to the heat of Draco balanced above me. He was so careful to keep the weight off of me while remaining as close as possible.

My husband, I thought, the thrill sparking through me. It wasn't new– not really– but there was something new in knowing the papers we'd signed, the knowledge that my things were at our home, that when I got my Healer's name tag in two months, it wouldn't read Lily Potter.

"Draco," I murmured, breath hitching as his lips found my neck. He lifted his head, grey eyes both playful and promising, the barest hint of a smile on his lips as he pressed them briefly to the tip of my nose.

"Yes, Lily?"

"I love you." I hadn't said it yet today, hadn't had the time to– but now with him right here, the love of my life with his arms wrapped around me and hair thoroughly ruffled, I couldn't help but wonder how I hadn't been saying it all day. It was so true. "I love you– so much. So much, Draco."

The kiss that followed was softer than the ones before it, a tenderness that threatened to make my eyes water. How– How could one person make me feel so much?

"I love you too," he told me, cradling my face between his hands, a sincerity in his eyes that slowed the pace of my heart from its fluttering excitement to the deep-set affection it always settled to when Draco was close by. The comfort of knowing home. He leant down, lips pressing against my cheek, the corner of my mouth. A small smile curled the corner of  his lips, thumbs swiping away the few happy tears that had escaped down my cheek. "My wife, my Lily, I love you."

It could be thought that one might die of such happiness. I was surprised I didn't, that my heart didn't give out from the joy that kept it fluttering, the love that had it pounding blood through my veins.

It was the final push before the edge, before his mouth was slanted across mine and my fingers found his hair, the buttons of his shirt, his trousers and the warmth of his skin underneath. The world was blue and white and grey, the sound of ocean waves and soft voices, his lips against my shoulder, his hands twining with my own until I wrapped them around him, a shudder following where my fingers fell. 

When he wasn't kissing me, he whispered words by my ear, some intelligible, some not, but I could've listened to him all day regardless. His own name escaped my lips, softer, louder, demanding, awed. The waves outside our bedroom crashed, and I went with them, Draco's voice becoming the only sound in my ears as he sighed my name, voice sweet like toffee and as soft as the sheets around us, as his skin against my own.

"Mea semper," he whispered later, when I was curled up next to him, his hand gentle as it took my own and raised it to his lips. I could see the flash of my silver wedding band as he kissed the back of my hand, eyes heavy-lidded and filled with the same sated exhaustion that curled in my own stomach. There was love there, too. Always love.

"My always," I mumbled back to him, managing to press my lips to his temple and thank the stars it was true before sleep overcame me and our midnight world faded to black.

_

I woke to the sound of waves on the beach and an empty bed.

The sun had come up, cascading over the water and sand and bleaching everything in its path in warm gold. What little of the sky I could peer at around the ceiling was as bright a blue as the water below. Slowly I popped myself up onto my elbows, fingers fumbling around but finding nothing but the white sheets that surrounded me.

"Draco?" My voice stayed soft– I couldn't imagine he'd have gone very far. And sure enough I heard a noise from down the hallway, and a few seconds later my husband appeared in the hallway, hair ruffled and wearing nothing but grey muggle sweatpants I hadn't realized he owned, but was immediately appreciative that he did.

"I didn't think you'd be awake so early," he told me, grey eyes shining as he looked at me. He crossed his arms over his bare torso, shoulder resting against the wooden edge of the doorway in a leisurely manner. "Breakfast won't be done for another thirty minutes."

"Did the house-elves have a late start this morning?" I asked, frowning, hand combing through my hair in a poor attempt to straighten it out. Draco shook his head.

"I sent them to the Manor last night, actually," he informed me, lips held in a crooked smile. "I did mean it when I said private. Neither of us are completely hopeless in the kitchen, and there's a muggle street market thirty minutes from here if we discover the house is lacking anything we need."

I nodded slowly, resting my chin on my hand, arms propped up onto my risen knees. I stared at him, my green eyes narrowed as they drifted over the pale skin, the small bruise I'd left on his neck from the night before. It was enough to make me blush, a demure smile crossing my lips that had him smirking in response.

My stomach tightened when he pushed off of the doorway, crossing the distance of the room in long, even strides, hands already outstretched for me. I pushed myself forward on my knees, sliding my arms around his neck and laughing when he pulled me into his arms and lifted both me and the bed sheet I'd wrapped around myself up into his arms with ease.

For someone who had never played, I really did have a deep appreciation for Quidditch.

"You smell like tea," I told him as I pressed my lips to his shoulder, his neck, his arms tightening around me. "And me."

"I could say the same about you," he said. I could feel his smile against my temple, heartbeat thrumming against my own. I was relaxed in his arms, could melt into the warmth and comfort he provided. A soft sound left him as he moved, turning to sit on the edge of his bed and leaning back so I laid on top of him, my knees bracketing his hips.

I braced my hands on either side of his head and beamed down at him.

"Hi."

"Lily." Draco was smiling, pulling a hand from my thigh to hold it against my cheek, thumb stroking over my skin. "You're absolutely radiant, love."

I never thought it'd be possible for my heart to overflow with affection, but every hour I spent with him proved me wrong. I leant down, slowly stretching my arms up across the sheets, my chest pressing against his, and didn't stop until my lips were inches from his own.

"You're just saying that because you married me," I teased breathlessly, tipping my head to press my lips to his cheek, his temple, just moving out of reach when he moved to kiss me. His head thumped back against the mattress, grey eyes narrowed.

"Tease," he drawled, fingers curling into my hips. There were nerve endings that ran from his fingertips to my spine, electricity swimming through my veins. I stared down at him with a small smile, pulled a hand back to brush the hair off of his forehead. A smirk still tugged on his lips as I leant down to him, pressed my lips lightly against his own.

Once.

He tasted like Earl Grey tea.

Twice.

A soft sound left his throat.

The third time, he'd locked his arms around my waist and I'd lost all intention of pulling away again.

_

By the time we dragged ourselves out of bed it was eleven, and Draco's arms still hadn't left my waist with the exception of making sure I got my breakfast. He sat behind me on the sand, chest pressed against my back and chin resting on my shoulder.

"How are your crepes?" He asked, slumped against my shoulders, peeking over to glance at my nearly-empty plate. He'd eaten quickly before suggesting we move outside to the beach, content with simply sitting behind me as I ate my food at a slower pace. 

"Delicious, as expected," I told him, sliding the fork from my mouth. "I didn't know you could make these."

"I had Felicity teach me," he sighed. I chuckled, tilting my head back to kiss his cheek. His eyes closed, a content smile slipping over his lips. "Tomorrow we're doing pancakes."

"You thoroughly spoil me."

"You married me," he retorted, lips pressing briefly to my shoulder. "You knew what you were getting into."

"I did," I agreed happily. My plate empty, I slid it across the sand and away from me, then moved back to lean against Draco. The view ahead of us– white sand, crystal clear water and endless, endless sky– sparkled in the sunlight. "Though I still think nothing could have prepared me for this."

"That was the point of it being a surprise," he reasoned. "The only people who knew were Blaise, Lavender and my mother."

"Narcissa knew?" It was hard not to raise an eyebrow, but harder still to keep the shock from my voice– anytime Draco referred to Narcissa as his mother, anytime he mentioned her at all, my heart did a little thump of love for my husband and mother-in-law. The road to reconciliation was never easy. Draco nodded, letting a sigh escape as he dropped his temple to rest on my shoulder, forehead pressed to the side of my neck.

"Mm-hm. Since I wouldn't let her get us a wedding gift, she requested to at least be able to provide something for the honeymoon. So she stocked the cupboards and fridge with food– all from Paris, of course," he scoffed, though I could hear the notes of gratitude, soft but certainly there. "I'm quite certain she'll have the Manor stocked as well for our arrival."

"I'll have to send her a thank-you note," I mused. "For the jewelry, too."

Draco's head lifted, and I could see his eyes staring at me in my peripheral. "I was wondering why those emeralds seemed so familiar."

"She offered them to me back in December. They've been hiding in their case inside my sock drawer ever since."

"Of course they have," he scoffed, arms tightening carefully around my waist, fingers brushing the fabric of the white harem pants I'd thrown on that morning, complimentary to the white bikini top I wore; there wasn't much need to wear anything else. He sighed, breath huffed against my neck. "Well, I'm glad you wore them. They fit you. Though I'm afraid we won't have much use for them still while we're here."

"Oh?" I did arch an eyebrow then, tilting my head back to glance up at him. He nodded slowly, eyes closed, utter content etched across his features.

"Mm-hm. We've lots to cover over the next two weeks, you know– oceans to swim in, hikes to walk, and I believe the bed might need revisiting, though I'm not against oth–"

"You're insufferable," I interrupted, struggling to keep the blush from showing on my face. "Did you know that?"

His eyes were sparkling with amusement when he opened them again, lips drawn into a small smirk against my skin. "I'm afraid so."

I rolled my eyes. Draco didn't seem much put out by it, but instead pressed his lips to my neck, left hand reaching forward to take my own. His fingers ran gently over mine, the silver of our wedding bands glinting in the sunlight. It made me smile, the warmth I felt going more than skin-deep. My eyes slid shut, the sound of the sigh leaving my lungs lost amongst the hush of the waves against the shoreline. I could feel Draco's smile against my skin, fingers twining with my own.

"Lily," he said, voice quiet by my ear, the right arm he'd left around my waist tightening. He lifted his head from my shoulder, pressed his lips gently to my temple. "You're getting warm, love. Do you want to head inside for a bit before we burn up?"

"Only if we can open up the champagne," I murmured, a small grin sliding across my face. I could feel Draco laugh, a quiet rumble in his chest. He rose from the sand, hand still in mine, and helped me up to my feet, me elbow braced in his other hand. I tilted my head up to smile at him, lifted a hand to run it idly through his hair– pale blonde and thoroughly tousled thanks to his morning– and pushed myself onto my toes.

We'd been kissing a lot, really, but I figured it was sort of allowed.

He tasted like sunshine and the leftover chocolate from the crepes. His fingers softened against my skin, hand lifting to frame my cheek.

"Lily," he murmured, grey eyes gentle as they watched me, "As much as I do believe this is worth continuing, your shoulders are turning pink, love."

"Well it's your fault for taking me somewhere with so much sun," I teased, poking his bare chest. "I should expect an apology."

"I assure you, I'll provide many," he promised with a crooked grin, and I laughed as he picked me up, fingers curled around my legs, and carried me into the shade of the house, the sun still sparkling on the waves behind us. Eventually it would sink into the horizon, the end of one day and the start of the next.

But we had quite a few days to spare, and I knew each one would be spent in as much love and laughter as the last.

*

* *

* * *

* * * *

* * * * *

I feel like this author's note could go on for paragraphs, so I will try to keep it short and sweet!

This was the wedding chapter! It is not the end. We are getting close to the end; but by close, I still mean like six or seven(possibly eight?) chapters worth of material. We still have time together, friends! This is not the end of the story; the beginning of the end, but still just the beginning. So don't worry!

I've never written a wedding or a honeymoon before, and it was equally wonderful and terrifying to attempt. I tried to keep everything as pg-13 as possible because I know some people are super sensitive to even just kissing scenes but I also am aware that some people want, like, everything. Not shaming either side; we all have different tastes! Hopefully I discovered a happy medium that works for all of you.

As always, your opinions matter dearly to me– so let me in on them by voting, commenting, or sending a quick message! I read everything I get and reply to what I can! 

Luv ya'll,

-Lily

(p.s. I wanted to find a song as a sort of wedding theme for the chapter! And after much searching and consideration, the Vitamin String Quartet's cover of Peter Gabriel's 'In Your Eyes' was the winner of my heart. AND, since the song was released in 1986, it is totally possible that an instrumental version was played at Draco and Lily's wedding. I like to imagine that it did. I've posted the song along with the chapter!)

(Another side note: I was watching The Phantom of the Opera while writing a lot of this chapter. Not really relevant. Just a little look into my life for you guys. If you haven't seen the 2004 movie, it's pretty sweet– everyone is attractive and everything hurts. The set design is actually stunning. And I desperately need the Phantom Overture to play every time I enter a room.)

(That is all.)

(Have an amazing day/night, you fantastic human. The next chapter will be posted(hopefully) in three weeks!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 257 36
At the tender age of eleven, Lily Luna Potter leaves her home, her family, and a normal child's life behind to attend the best school for magic in th...
447K 8.6K 50
You are a wizard who doesn't know his mother because she died when you were a young age. You have a brother who is close to you but distant. And fath...
800 4 46
Lily Potter is eleven years old. She has been patiently waiting for her turn to go to Hogwarts. But there are a few notches. She is a lycanthrope. Sh...
1.4K 115 33
As a highly esteemed school for young wizards and witches over the age of 21, Hogwarts has always been a dream every witch and wizard sought after...