A Pirate's Life For Me

By sparrowscaribbean

15-year-old Agnes had gotten more than she had bargained for when she set foot on the Black Pearl... More

Tangled in the Great Escape
Keep Myself Alive
Proximity Mines in the Complex
If You're Thinking of Leaving, You Should.
This Is The Time
Somebody To You
Hope For Everything That Is Not Here
If Nothing Breaks, Nothing Moves.
Something Just Like This
You're The Sea Upon Which I Float
This Probably Won't End Well
You Don't Know How to Let Go
The Worth of the Wait
Pain Has a Memory
We All Float Down Here
Your First Light My Eventide
All the Little Lights
Send the Pain Below
Close Your Eyes and Realize
Two's Company, Four's A Crowd
Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most
We Own the Night
Betrayed by the Game
Cast Your Fate to the Wind
Long Gone and Moved On
Before the Worst
Would You Still Be There
Time and Tide

Never Hurt Again

786 12 6
By sparrowscaribbean

(Agnes' POV)

Me, Gibbs, and Scrum had been searching for everybody for the longest time, but to no avail.

"Best be callin' it a night." Gibbs sighed, walking away from the both of us.

"What about Jack! The others?! They might need us!" I informed Gibbs, trying my best to catch up to him without my torch burning out.

"Or perhaps they're already back at the cabin, in nifty shape and with a room full of treasure!"

"Maybe." I sighed, continuing to walk on.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, urging me to look up.

"I know you care about Jack, Agnes. I've just learned to have faith in Jack; he's stronger than we all know."

"I know that! It's just—I don't know. I still worry. Him, Emory, even Henry, Carina, and Mr. and Mrs. Turner! They've all become such a big part of my lives! You guys, too. I never thought it would ever end up like this, but I'm so glad it has."

"You're gonna make me tear up!" Scrum smiled, actual tears forming in his eyes.

"Aw Scrum! Don't cry!"

"I'm not Agnes! I'm just glad I've met someone like you. Sparrow has a mighty fine daughter he does!"

"Aye! Indeed he does!" Gibbs roared, shooting me a smile.

"This sounds weird, but you two are like my awesome, crazy, adventurous uncles." I chuckled.

"We'll take it, won't we Scrum?"

"Aye! Sounds good to me!" Scrum agreed, walking on with us.

Gibbs and Scrum were doing most of the talking while I was leading us back to the cabin. So many thoughts were running through my mind; how all of them were doing and where they even were, but all I could focus on was getting back. All I could focus on, until I heard shouting. I deemed myself as just hearing things, but it wouldn't seem to go away.

"Guys! Don't you hear it? It sounds like someone's yelling!" I spoke, both of them discontinuing their conversation.

"Aye, you're right! Sounds like Jack, too!" Gibbs told me, walking faster.

"Jack?!" I excitedly asked.

Gibbs was right! The closer it got, I knew it was him!

"JACK!" I yelled, running ahead of Gibbs.

And there he was, right in front of me.

"Agnes! Are you alright, darling?!" Jack asked, hands gripped tightly around my shoulders.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked, curious as to how Jack had brewed up that assumption.

Jack quickly took his hands off of me, digging in his pocket, in which he pulled out the feather from my hair.

"Where'd you find it?" I asked, taking it from him, trying to place it back in.

"Carina found it on the ground," Jack replied, failing to go into detail.

"So why did you leave them?" I asked, placing my hand on my hip.

"That is of no importance! Let us catch up with them."

"Aha! You came just to see if I was okay?" I asked, Jack turning away from me.

I caught up with him, trying my best to get a look at his face. I didn't know if it was possible, but I swore Jack was blushing!

"Let's not mention it." He replied.

"Thank you, dad." I smirked, leaving Gibbs and Scrum to walk behind us.

"So! Jack! Reckon you're takin' over?" Gibbs asked, waiting for an answer.

"Aye! Yew lovely fellows are much better company than those blasted Turner's and Miss Barbossa."

"Miss Barbossa? I thought she preferred Smyth!" I questioned.

"Frankly love, she doesn't care and neither do I."

"But Jack! Without the map, are ya sure you know where you're going?" Gibbs asked.

"Do I sense you doubting me, Joshamee?"

"Not at all, Jack! Lead us the way."

"Or perhaps you'd all like to wait at the cabin! I can get the treasure with the eunuch, giraffe, and brain. That bloody boyfriend of yours, too."

"Emory! No, I'm going with! I wanna get this treasure with you! I started this journey with you and I'm gonna be there to see it end!"

Jack shrugged, dropping it. Did he not want me with him?

"We should be catching up with the rest of them anytime, now."
_
(Will's POV)

I was beginning to wonder how Jack and his daughter were doing, if he had even found her. I couldn't worry too much though, as I still had to find where his treasure would be.

"Father, are we almost there? Should we find Jack first?" Henry asked.

"I reckon we are. Jack gave us orders, we'll follow them. He'll find us eventually."

And eventually I was right. As soon as we had finally found the cave, Jack, Agnes, Gibbs, and Scrum were already waiting for us.

"So, what took you scalawags so long?" Jack smirked, twirling his compass in circles.

"Unlike you, we weren't rushing to find somebody. Lead the way, Jack."

"As you wish, William."

Emory caught up with Agnes, as I figured he would.

"You alright?! Gave us a scare! Carina found your feather on the ground!" Emory emphasized.

"I'm alright, Emory! Me, Gibbs, and Scrum were looking for Jack and the rest of you! It probably just fell off while I was walking and we didn't notice. It is getting quite dark out, you know." Agnes replied.

"Alright, enough talk! There could be some inhabitants here." Jack whispered.

We carefully followed, keeping an eye peeled for any sign of the treasure.

"Oi! There it is!" Jack spoke, carefully walking to the treasure.

"This it? The treasure you seek is some silver cup?" Henry asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Perhaps you are as dull-witted as your father. You see, young Henry, this cup has the ability to transform your ordinary fresh water into water just as powerful as the water the Fountain of Youth possesses."

"But who are you going to take years from? One of us?!"

"No, son. There's no need for sacrifice. However, this water will only add on roughly several years."

"Well? What are you waiting for then, Jack? You weren't able to drink any nearly sixteen years ago! Now's the time to finally claim what you deserved."
_
(Jack's POV)

What I'd never tell a living soul was that I'd already claimed what I wanted—not deserved. I was so eager to get this treasure, that maybe I hadn't realized I found a new, more significant treasure that was in front of me this whole time: my daughter. We were already here though, weren't we? Deciding there wasn't anything to lose, I raised the cup to my lips until I felt the earth beneath me begin to shake.

"Jack?! What's that!" Agnes nearly shrieked.

"Don't know! Run!"

"Nobody's leaving!" A gravely voice spoke, rock caving us inside the place.

"Could this get any more cliché!" Agnes puffed, drawing her sword.

"Put that sword back, miss Sparrow! I can take away what I've given you with the snap of my fingers."

"Should we know you?" She replied, getting close to the figure.

"Perhaps you'll remember me as the kind witch who offered to heal your stomach." She evilly grinned, taking off the cloak.

"And kind no more, I see." I added, the witch's attention diverting to me.

"Was never kind in the first place, Sparrow. The only reason I healed this little peach of yours and Teach's, is because I was curious as to how your little adventure would play out. Before you even stepped into my door, I knew I was in for a surprise. Jack, the treasure you seek I have already destroyed. I'd hate to break it to you, but this is just a regular cup, with regular water. 

And look what you've done to your crew, friends, and your daughter. There's no escaping, Jack. You brought everybody into this mess."

"And what do I owe you to get out of this inconvenience?" I asked, hoping it was at a minor price.

"No form of payment will get you out of this, Captain Sparrow. Now, would you all like to go in peace, or bargain a fair fight?"

I didn't know how to answer for everybody. I didn't have to, though.

"We fight. We fight 'till you're dead! And you best bet it'll be to the death."

"You shouldn't have followed in your parents footsteps, dear Agnes. You would've saved yourself a lot of trouble. Same with you, Henry Turner and Carina Barbossa." The witch spat. "Oh, and perhaps you'll remember a certain little witch?"
_
(Agnes' POV)

Another woman had suddenly fabricated in front of our eyes. She was bald, and had weird red markings all around her body.

"Shansa, so happy you could join us." Jack chuckled lightly, drawing out his pistol.

"Flattered to see you, Sparrow. What are we waiting for, then? Let us see your prodigious performance!"

"Let them go and I shall show you mine." Jack responded without any hesitation or second thoughts.

"Sparrow, you out of all people should know of a witch's power!" Shansa retorted, a giggle escaping her lips.

"Darling, you have no idea what I know. Do we have an accord?"

"No, we don't." I sternly replied, Jack giving me a look of grimace.

"We agree with the girl! If you fight you fight with everyone."

"Are you that confident in yourselves?" Jack inquired, click of his gun echoing throughout the cave.

"Captain Sparrow, you have no idea." Mahulda confidently replied, a glowing emerald aura incasing her hand.

It was only when the two witches had decided to show their power that the Turners and Carina decided to draw their weapons, all of us fully loaded and ready to fire. Sweat trickled down my forehead onto my neck, clothing around my body precipitously becoming close-fitting. The hand that possessed a cutlass growing shaky and unassertive, scraping against the porous limestone ground.

"Fight we will on one term: we start first." Mahulda barked, throwing me, Emory, Henry, and Carina across the cave, a yelp in agony absconding out of every single one of our mouths.

"Best to weaken the younger ones, first." I heard one of them concede.

Doubled down in pain, I tried my best to get a glimpse of what was taking place. Jack, Will, and Elizabeth were all fighting them off without any assistance.

"We've got to come up with a plan and quick!" Henry confessed, trying to recuperate from the impact.

He was right, but we had no time at all; it was improbable. But after a few seconds of thinking—it felt like nothing to me. I knew what needed to be done. Little did Jack know that when we entered the witch's hut the night before, I had stolen a couple of potions of which I thought could do us some good later down the road.

"Here's the plan-" I started, making sure they were all ears. "We need them to keep fighting! We're going to use them as a distraction. I say we slowly crawl behind the witches, making sure that they don't give us away, and we attack. Witches don't die that easily though, so when we have them down for that brief amount of time, we use a grenade to blow down the rock so we can escape. And if the witches catch up to us? Don't worry, I have a plan."

"I'd tell you how many things could go dreadfully fallacious, but we don't have the time! If they catch up to us we're dead!" Henry riposted, following my lead as I had began to crawl.

"Aye! Agnes, this is by far the most insane, unskillful plan I've ever heard of, considering the circumstances we're in!" Emory barked as quietly as he could.

"You all have blind faith in Jack! Now could you have a little in me?" I sternly replied, knowing they were doubtful of me.

"Yes, we can. I believe in you, Agnes." Carina twinkled.

Knowing we didn't have much time left until the rest started to weaken, I slowly but carefully led them behind the witches, all of us slowly standing up. Carina signaled Jack and Mr. and Mrs. Turner to stay quiet while we tried our best to create a distraction. Everyone looked at me, waiting for my signal, a wink. The witches needed to be as still as possible.

If not, we were a dead giveaway. It was like my mind was read, just seconds later all of them staring at each other, wondering who was going to throw the next punch. I winked as hard as I could, holding up my pistol. We all almost shot in sync, with me and Henry shooting at Shansa while Emory and Carina did Mahulda. They were down, but only for a short time!

"JACK! GRENADE! NOW!" I shouted, all of us running towards them. Jack did as I commanded, all of us backing up a bit.

"GO! HURRY BEFORE IT CLOSES BACK UP!" Jack shouted, all of us quickly exiting the cave before all the tiny rocks piled up.

"Not all of us are going to make it!" I exclaimed.

"GO LOVE GO!"

It was just me and Jack left to get out.

"No! You go Jack!"

"LOVE THIS IS NO TIME TO ARGUE! GO!"

"No! Jack, I love you! They need you to be their leader!"

"And just why do you think I'm doing this?! Because I don't love you?! Darling go while you can!"

Tears forming in my eyes, creeping down my grungy face.

"I'm sorry, Jack."

With all the might I had left in me, I used it to push Jack out of the cave. Luckily, he did fall right out of the cave. I didn't even get to get one last glance at him; it was just me against two very powerful witches.
_
(Jack's POV)

I was shocked at the girl's actions, so much that I still hadn't gotten myself up off the floor, until it hit me. She was going to die alone in that cave. I didn't even want her coming in the first place because I didn't want her to get hurt! Now, she was going to die, and it was all because of me.

"What are you doing just standing there! Help me get the blessed girl out of here!" I shouted at them all, tearing the opening back up, rock by rock.

"AGNES?! SHE'S STUCK IN THERE!" Emory shouted, quickly assisting me in trying to remove the rocks.

"It's never going to work! Agnes is going to be long dead before you finish opening it back up, even if we all assist." Will sighed, placing his pistol back in his belt.

"All those years aboard the Dutchman, William! There's gotta be something you know that I don't!" I scolded.

"I'm sorry, Jack. Not related to this situation."

"Not Agnes..." Carina choked, tears falling from her piercing blue eyes.

"Not Agnes." Henry repeated, wrapping Carina up in his arms.

Elizabeth bowed her head down, keeping her hand on Henry's shoulder, as William did, too. I couldn't give up on her, and I wasn't going to! Me and the lad continued to rip it apart until the rocks went flying. It was wide open, ready for us to enter. I was scared for the first time in a very long time.

Scared that I would walk in on my dead daughter.

"AGNES!" Carina screeched, picking up a body.

Her body.

I didn't care that the floor was pooling of blood, I just wanted to see my Agnes. I took her from Carina's arms, delicately removing the stray hairs from her now bloody and bruised face. She looked at peace, a slight smile curled at her lips. It didn't help me, though. My girl was dead, and it was my fault.

"C'mon, love." I shakily spoke, trying to look for any sign of movement.

I had recalled the last time we all thought she was dead, her face showing no emotion, her hands clammy as could be. This time, I knew she was, it was different. She was cold, her skin turning pale before my eyes. I truly knew she was dead this time, and that scared me the most. It upset me the most—more so than when I witnessed my father die.

I watched all of them bow their heads, Scrum taking off his hat. I had watched countless sailor deaths before, each one the same as it was at this very moment! Except, it still felt different. I was a very open-minded individual, but, I just couldn't accept the fact that she was actually dead. I heard sniffles, and Emory's little whimpers and cries from outside of the cave.

For the first time in my entire life, I cried. Not an ugly sob, but a never ending trail of tears. The warm tickling feeling felt so foreign to me, yet I couldn't seem to get it to stop.

"I'm so sorry Jack. She was a winsome young lady." Elizabeth spoke sorrowfully, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"She was much more than that, Lizzie. She was the treasure I'd been looking for all along." I was able to get out, every word I spoke sounding unsure.

Me being upset set everybody off the edge, as I never showed an emotion such as this one to anybody. I hadn't even heard my first mate so disturbed.

"Wait, Jack!" Will spoke, as if a light bulb went off in that head of his. "Move, I might be able to do something."

I reluctantly did so, Will now taking my position.

"Maybe I wasn't able to help get her out of here Jack, but maybe I can bring her back. Aboard the Dutchman, I did learn something. When you're captain of the Dutchman, you become acquainted with the afterlife quite well. I learned that not only can I ferry souls; I can take them."

"Wouldn't do us much good anymore, considering you're no longer the Dutchman."

"But I can arrange something Jack. I can bring her back with a sacrifice. I can reach Davy and give him what he needs."

"And what does he need to bring someone back?"

"Davy needs a sacrifice of ten years in order to bring someone back."

"Done! I'll do it!" I instantly spoke.

"Wait! There's gotta be anotha way! Isn't there?!" Scrum inquired, looking to William for an answer.

"There are two options, but the ten years sounds much better, at least to me. If a sacrifice of ten years from someone's life is not desired, then you must retrieve Davy souls, fifty of them."

"Fifty souls from the living?" Scrum asked.

"As long as they're souls, it doesn't matter. Lucky for all of you, I may be able to make a rearrangement. Jack, what do you say to bringing back Agnes at the price of retrieving something that Davy desperately needs."

"And what would that be, exactly?" I gulped, not knowing if it would be better or worse than the first two options.

"Promise to give Davy two months of ferrying souls as he does, and the debt will be paid."

"Deal! Absolutely!"

Will closed his eyes, opening his shirt to reveal the scar of Davy's sword on his chest.

"What's going on?" Gibbs quizzically asked Elizabeth, who would know better than any of us.

"Part of the crew, part of the ship. Will was captain, so he will forever be able to get an insight on Davy and the ship as long as he lives." She replied.

For the first time this evening, I was hopeful that I would get Agnes back. Merely minutes later, Will's scar began to glow, the light moving from his chest to hers. Had he gotten her soul? I saw William's eyes open, head shooting to meet my eyes. I was met with a smirk. It instantly brought back every glimpse of hope I had had.

"She's back, Jack." He almost laughed of joy.

I quickly moved Will away from Agnes, scooping her up in my arms once more. Her color instantaneously came back, face full of life. I heard her take her very first breath back in, arm jolting.

"Sweetheart, are you with me?" I asked, cupping her cheeks in my hands.

"D-Dad! You're alive, right?" She asked, reaching her hand up.

"Aye, and you are too." I beamed, bringing her hand to my face.

"How?" She smiled, slowly opening her eyes.

"All thanks to William."

"Dad!" She spoke, startled, sitting up. "Were-were you crying?" She nearly whispered, feeling the wetness from my cheek.

"I thought that was normal when people lose the ones they love." I smirked, forgetting that the rest of them were even there.

And for the very first time, there was no awkwardness between us, I could feel it. We were family—father and daughter, and that's all that mattered. I pulled her close, wrapping my arms around her as tightly as I could.
_
(Agnes' POV)

And for the very first time, I was clearly able to see that Jack loved me. I felt Jack only hold me closer, running his fingers through my hair. It shocked me, but nothing filled me with more contentment and love than this moment. I gladly returned the favor, wrapping my arms around him.

"I love you, dad."

"I love you too, darling."

And there we stayed for what felt like centuries. Jack kissed the top of my head, and then we let go, finally looking each other in the eyes. Jack's still contained a few tears, but this time I could rest assured they were ones of happiness.

"That was just beautiful!" Scrum sweetly smiled, lightly placing his hat back on his head.

"Everybody's okay, right?" I asked, not knowing what had happened until after I attacked the witches.

"We're all fine! The real question is are you! Did you fight off those witches?!" Henry asked, both him and Carina scooping me up in a hug.

"I'm fine! But I can't say the same for those witches. You all can rest assured that I killed them!" I confidently smiled, getting looks of confusion.

"And how did you do that?!" Carina exclaimed.

"Me and Jack, we kinda snuck out in the middle of the night last night and found a witch's hut! While we were in there I may have stolen a few potions and bottles." I mischievously grinned, pulling the the ones I hadn't used out of my jacket.

"She's Jack's alright." I heard Mrs. Swann sigh.

"And they worked?!" Henry inquired, as if he thought they wouldn't.

"Aye! I'm not a complete fool when it comes to voodoo! Except, I might've accidentally killed myself, too. Which begs the question, how the hell did you get me back! What did you do! You didn't make any stupid deals, did you?!" I roared, hoping everything was still as it was.

"There was a price to be paid, but I assure you Agnes, it wasn't a big one." Will reassured me.

"T-Then who paid the price?" I questioned.

"I did. Don't worry about me darling, I've only got to help Davy Jones for a measly two months." Jack grinned, acting as if it was nothing.

"Thank you, dad." I grinned, Henry and Carina finally letting go of me.

"Say," I started, not being able to spot a certain someone. "Where's Emory?!"

"He's pretty torn up right now, I don't think he even knows you're alive. He insisted on waiting outside....he didn't want to see you dead." Scrum sighed.

"Well I must tell him that it's alright now!" I cheerfully announced, running out of the entrance.

"Emory? Emory!" I called, seeing a figure walking back up a hill.

"EMORY IT'S ME!"

"Agnes? Agnes!" He laughed, running as fast as I was until we collided into each other.

"My god, I thought you were dead!" He choked,  picking me up and swirling me around.

"I was! But, it's a long story. Jack covered it." I simpered.

"You need to stop scaring me." He tried his best to laugh, tears still escaping his eyes.

"I'm sorry. From hear on out, I promise I'll try to stop scaring you and the others." I chuckled.

"I love you so much, Agnes."

"And I love you too, dinkle-berry."

Emory only snickered, giving me a nice long kiss on the lips.

"I say we get going before we get attacked by any more crazy witches who are out to get us." Jack exclaimed, leading the pack once more.

"Aye! Start lightin' the torches!" Gibbs shouted.

By the time we were starting to reach more familiar land, the sky was nearly pitch black, night air becoming more chilly every second we were exposed to it. I tugged Jack's jacket tightly around me, keeping my torch as close as possible. As everybody else gathered up the rest of their belongings from the cabin, I went with Scrum and Gibbs to the ship. Except, there wasn't just one ship; there was two.

"The Pearl! It's like brand new! How?!" I exclaimed, recalling not even forty eight hours ago that the Pearl was still full of water and broken wood.

"While all of you were exploring, we took the liberty of fixin' up the ship!" Scrum proudly spoke.

"It looks just gorgeous!" I spoke in awe.

I missed seeing the thing! But, not as much as Jack—never as much as Jack. He must've thanked Scrum and Gibbs about ten times the second he saw it!

"I don't know about the rest of you, but, I'll be separating from the Turner's ship and takin' back me own." Jack excitedly spoke, without any hesitation making his way back inside his beloved ship.

"I think I'm going to go with Jack," I smirked, climbing up the ladder.

"Aye! As will I!" Scrum followed.

"Aye, as will I." Gibbs sighed, exhausted from the adventurous day.
_
(Emory's POV)

As much as I wanted to join them, I figured I shouldn't. As soon as Will, Elizabeth, Henry, and Carina had made their way back into the ship, I had as well.

"Emory, don't you want to be with Agnes?" Carina asked, not seeing the logic in my actions.

"Aye, believe me I do! But, I think Agnes wants to be with Jack more than anything right now."

"And I think Jack returns the favor." She happily replied.

"Think?! He does, and the great think is Jack doesn't want to hide it anymore." Henry added, all of us getting a glimpse of Jack and Agnes laughing from the Pearl.

"As long as she's happy? I'm happy." I murmured, content for the first time in months.
_
(Agnes' POV)

We had quite the celebration on the Pearl! Rum, music, and blackjack! I was half surprised that the Turners didn't come out to tell us to be quiet!

"Refill, Agnes?" Scrum asked, holding a whole other barrel of rum.

"No, I think I've had my fair share for today! I think I'm partied-out." I weakly laughed, followed by a yawn.

"Who's to blame ya!" He responded, taking my wooden cup to the kitchen.

"I can't blame ya, Agnes! I'm gettin' quite tired myself. It's good to see ya in good spirits again, as well as Jack." Gibbs smirked, wrinkles around his eyes becoming more prominent.

"Goodnight, uncle Gibbs." I nearly hummed, looking out into the sea.

I heard Gibbs stop dead in his tracks going down the stairs, turning back to me.

"What'd ya call me?"

"Uncle Gibbs. Is that alright?"

Gibbs shot me the biggest smile I had ever seen on his face, turning back around.

"That's quite alright, Agnes. Goodnight now."

"Well, I'd be a liar if I said I was tired, but I know yew and ya fatha need some time alone! I'll see ya tomorrow, Agnes."

"Night uncle Scrum."

"Uncle?!"

"Mhm!"

"I'm touched! Goodnight Agnes!" Scrum blushed, walking down the stairs just as Gibbs had.

Jack was currently steering the ship, as we were changing direction. I tried to get a glimpse from the Turner's ship to see who was steering, which appeared to be Henry. I couldn't be too sure, though. It didn't matter anyways. Everyone was okay. I sprawled my arms out on the ledge of the Pearl, letting my head rest on it. I was dead tired, but I had still wanted to talk to Jack.

Luckily, changing our course of direction didn't take very long, as I heard his boots coming back down the stairs and next to me.

"You awake, darling?" Jack asked, tapping me on the shoulder.

"Aye."

"Assuming the numb-nuts were getting tired, aye?"

"I reckon so." I yawned, lifting myself back up.

"You're dead tired, aren't you." Jack sighed, trying to tuck his jacket completely around me, bringing me closer.

"How could you tell?" I sarcastically spoke, laying my head down on his shoulder.

"Alright, that was a stupid question." He lightly laughed, the vibrations from his laughing emitting from his chest and onto my cheek.

"Dad? I do have one question, though."

"And what is that?"

"Aren't you upset? You've been sailing for at least seven months now, only to have the one treasure you were looking for to be taken away from you! Now you have two months of service to Davy Jones to look forward to instead."

"I'm not upset in the least. It wasn't my treasure dear. I had to figure that out the hard way. And don't worry about the two months of service! I got off easy, I'd say! Very easy." He softly spoke, as if he was in a daze.

"If that wasn't your treasure, then what is? What will be?"

Jack smiled down at me, bringing his jacket closer around my figure.

"Agnes dear, you're my treasure. It was you—it was always you love; it just took me a long time to realize it." 

"And you were always my future," I smiled back, letting a tiny laugh expel from my mouth. 

I hadn't realized I was tearing up until Jack lightly cupped my face, running the pads of his thumbs along my cheeks. 

"Things happen for a reason, love. Don't ever forget that." 

And there we stayed, content and for once, at peace with the world. 

Nothing was holding me back now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 1.3K 24
[COMPLETE] Visiting your grandparents for a week, when your grandfather's painting comes to life and draws (YOU) into the world of "Pirates of the Ca...
449K 14.2K 25
[Currently editing it if you spot a typo please comment. I might take a while cause laziness.] The Curse Of The Black Pearl You smiled sweetly "I lo...
63.8K 1.4K 21
They say once you have been crewed by the damned you'll forever be damned. But that's not the truth for Lorena Sparrow, Captain of the Flying Dutchma...
2.3K 126 18
"𝔑𝔬𝔱 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔰𝔦𝔩𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔤𝔬𝔩𝔡, 𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔢." Evelyn Swann has always wanted a life of adventure and freedom. As the...