The Bad and The Broken

By summer___love

Dawn Rayne Falls and her brother, Jesse Falls, are abused by her father, Jim. He is an alcoholic and abusive... More

The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Part 76

Chapter 44

34.8K 889 50
By summer___love

Not edited. I am extremely nervous to publish this omg

Dawn's

It's been a week. A week since I've seen Ryder. A week since I've talked to Ryder. A week since I've been in school. A week of staying at home all day long with my father because he has the week off. A week of nonstop hell.

I couldn't face Ryder after what happened, he'd want me to talk to him and I just can't do that.

I'm such a coward.

Father told me I could stay home for the week, but- of course-  there's a price.

He brings the belt down one more time and then leaves. He hasn't hit me in the face at all.

When he's done, I go back to my room.

You may think I'm absolutely bonkers for choosing this over going to school and facing Ryder. But Ryder knows way too much now. He knows I talk, and he has a clue something has happened to me or is happening to me. Plus, I'm going to get a beating either way. When he's doing during the day, he doesn't bother me at night.

It's still hard to believe I lost my shit like that, I usually have a handle on myself... I don't know what happened.

Ryder's

She hasn't been to school all week after what happened.

I think back to it, thinking of all the possible things I wish I had done different to avoid what I did to her.

I finally get hold of her hand and whip her around. It was rough, and it probably hurt her, but I'll apologize for that later.

I didn't get to.

Her hair is now out of her face, showing a very swollen, very bruised eye.

I feel myself get cold. Deadly cold.

Someone hit her. Someone hit her in the face. Who the fuck-

"Who the fuck did that to you, Dawn," I say in a deadly tone.

She breathes harder than she already was, and trashes around until I finally lose my grip.

She runs into the restroom and I run after her, but not quick enough because she had locked the stall door before I could get her.

I pound on the door, too angry to think about my actions.

"Open the fucking door now, Dawn!" I yell, "Who the hell did that!"

I keep pounding and pounding.

"Dawn!"

I pound some more, but stop when I hear a terrified voice cry out.

"Stop stop stop!"

I hear her gasping for air, and it takes me a minutes to realize it was Dawn.

"Get off! Stop! Stop!" She yells again, and I feel my heart break.

She keeps yelling, and I ram into the door, trying to bust it open.

After about 3 painful rams, the lock finally broke and I opened the door.

Her arms are over her head, as if she's trying to protect herself, and she rocks back and forth while yelling.

My heart skipped a beat as I looked at her. She was so scared.

I fall to my knees and wrap her in my arms, but she started to thrash around.

She yelled more, "Stop! Please! Stop! Get off!"

It's then that I see her eyes are closed.

I remember her last panic attack.

She doesn't know it's me. She doesn't know where she is. In this moment, she's somewhere else.

"Dawn, it's me," I try to say calmly, but you could still hear my panic.

"Dawn, baby, calm down. It's me. It's Ryder."

Her eyes suddenly pop open and she looks as panicked as I am.

I put my head in my hands and think about it all over again.

What happened to her?

I feel anger bubble inside me. Someone has hurt her. Someone has hurt her bad. Someone has causes her so much pain.

When she left me in the parking lot, I couldn't even think straight. Her voice. I can't even think about her voice. It was so broken and scared when I heard it, I don't want to think about it. One thing I've dreamt of was to hear her voice. Now I wish I didn't. I wish I could go back in time or erase the memory of how it sounded. How terrified it was. How petrified she was.

I didn't want to remember her voice like that, but she wouldn't say anything when I pleaded her to in the parking lot.

I want to go to her house. I want to see her. I want to tell her I'm sorry. But I won't. I should give her some space.

After third period, I ditched school, but decided to go back at the end of the day to see Jesse and ask him how Dawn is.

Until then, I go to the gym.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.9K 25
I AM REWRITING THIS BOOK-ITS POORLY WRITTEN AND THOUGHT OUT, SO PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE MY WRITING BASED OFF OF THIS. *PLEASE DONT READ THIS, IT'S AWFUL*...
630K 18.8K 28
Please note that this was my first story EVER written when I was 12 years old (5 years ago to the current date) and it's not good. There are some ver...
319K 10.8K 40
17 year old Alexis has been abused ever since her mom died when she was 16 by her stepfather and stepbrother. She thinks she might as well die. But t...
57.6K 928 38
Warning this book will deal with mental, physical and emotional issues and abuse so if you have a problem reading it then Don't read. "I told you tha...