The one she thought was lost

By laurakvg_1

Before Regina Mills became The Evil Queen, she had a daughter. A beautiful little princess with brown eyes a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Merry Men
Chapter Two: Leaving Storybrooke
Chapter 3: Back in the Enchanted Forest
Chapter 4: Winged beasts
Chapter 5: An unexpected meeting
Chapter 6: The consequences of having magic
Chapter 7: The aftermath
Chapter 8: The Queen's castle
Chapter 10: A new friend
Chapter 11: A lesson in magic
Chapter 12: Talk
Chapter 13: Asking her
Chapter 14: The ball
Chapter 15: Agatha
Chapter 16: A trip to the past
Chapter 17: Ready, set, go!
Chapter 18: Ready, set, go! Part 2
Chapter 19: Game over
Chapter 20: The truth
Chapter 21: The truth part 2
Chapter 22: The thing about love
Chapter 23: The thing about love part 2
Chapter 24
Chapter 25: Mother-daughter talk
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Falling down
Chapter 28: Reliving the past
Chapter 29: Waking up
Chapter 30: Moving on
Chapter 31: Reunited
Chapter 32: An (un)pleasant encounter
Chapter 33: If only
Chapter 34
Chapter 35: The story of soulmates
Chapter 36: A Christmas Party
Chapter 37: A visit
Chapter 38: Revenge
Chapter 39: The day which we fear as our last
A/N
Chapter 40: A curse with a twist
Chapter 41: Entering Storybrooke
Epilogue: Welcome back

Chapter 9: Something to live for

7.8K 190 5
By laurakvg_1

When Regina arrived at the courtyard, she put out the fire that held up the protection spell around the castle. She felt the magic from the spell disappear until there was nothing left. Then she sat down at one of the benches. She grabbed the hairpin and let it touch her finger. She hesitated. "Daniella", Regina thought. A girl she'd only met a few days ago was making her hesitate about cursing herself for eternity. Regina had no idea how, but she did. "No, you can't let yourself get distracted because you care about the girl. Get yourself together." Regina pushed her thoughts about Daniella away and concentrated. She grabbed the hairpin more tightly, brought it back to her index finger and pressed it against her skin. "But what is Daniella going to do when she does want to learn to control her magic? I can't let her down." Regina sighed and pulled the pin away from her hand, feeling her anger grow because she could not do it. She couldn't curse herself while Daniella probably needed her help. No one else would do it anyway. Rumple couldn't because he was dead and he wouldn't do it without manipulating her too. So even if the imp would be alive, Regina didn't trust him when it came to teaching Daniella. And she didn't really know anyone else who could and wanted to do it. But before she could even think about changing her mind, a woman started talking: "You're not even going to say hello first? Not the kind of welcome I was expecting." Regina felt herself getting irritated about getting interupted again. "What does a witch have to do to catch your attention?", the woman asked while transferring the hairpin into her hand. "What's the matter? Has life got you down?" Regina felt anger running through he veins. The woman was annoying and had no right to take her castle. She finally turned to look at the woman, seeing that she was wearing one of her dresses. Also seeing the color of her skin. She was green. Green. And not just her face, her entire body was green; her hands, her wrists, her neck, even her nails. "Well someone's green with envy", Regina thought angerly. She was getting tired of the green bitch and stood up.
"None of your business", Regina told her coldly, preparing herself to walk away. But the bitch started talking again: "You really don't know who I am, do you?" Regina internally laughed, thinking she would remember if she had ever come across a witch with green skin. But she did know who she was and she told the witch exactly that. "I know exactly who you are. The Wicked Witch." "Is that all?" "I'm not that interrested." With that Regina started to walk away, having had enough of the useless conversation. But the damn with transported in front of her, blocking her. And started talking. Again.
"Please, allow me to introduce myself. You can call me Zelena." Regina rolled her eyes but allowed the witch to continue. Seeing Regina's lack of response, Zelena continued: "Cora really never told you." "Told me what?" Zelena took a step closer and said: "The truth about us, Regina." Regina really started to think Zelena was a little crazy. "What the hell are you talking about?" Pulling her face into a mask of suspicion, Regina continued: "And how do you know my mother?" Regina knew her mother had made a lot of enemies over the years, she had done the same thing, but her mother never mentioned a Wicked Witch or someone with the name Zelena.
The witch took yet another step closer and leaned in, her eyes turning cold. "I'm your sister"

"It's down!" Daniella heard one of the dwarvs yell. Grumphy? That was the sign they'd all been waiting for. Daniella had been nervous ever since Regina had left, mostly because she didn't want to cross Robin while she wasn't there with her. Once she learned he'd gone with her, she wanted to hit him. Hard. "How could he be so stupid?!", Daniella whispered to herself, "He's going to get himself killed by either Regina or the Wicked Witch of the West." No matter how angry and hurt she was, she didn't want Robin to get hurt, let alone die. Roland didn't deserve to lose another parent. Her little brother had already lost his mother and Daniella didn't want him to lose his father to, no matter how much of a jackass the man was. At least, that's what she told herself. Daniella sighed, telling herself that it wasn't the time to think about these things right now. The group was going to get to the castle, and Daniella was going with them. She grabbed her bow and some arrows and got Reina ready for the trip to the castle.

Regina growled when she left the courtyard. A sister?! How the hell was that possible, and why did her mother give her away? Although Regina wasn't to surprised about the latter. Her mother had ripped her own heart out before she was born and hadn't put it back were it belonged. That would explain how her mother was able to give her up. She shook her head. Was she really considering this? Zelena being her sister? No it was ridiculous. Zelena was the complete opposite of her. The witch had red hair and blue eyes. She had dark brown, almost black hair and chocolate brown eyes.
Regina huffed and rolled her eyes. This wasn't the time to think about it. Why was she even considering it in the first place? The witch had taken her castle, had worn her dresses and had burned villages to the ground just to get her attention. Well now she had it and Regina wouldn't let go. The witch had given her a new reason to 'live' (as much as she could without Henry), she'd given her someone to destroy. And destroy her she would. Now she had something to do, to keep her mind of of things. A distraction.

The castle had looked enormous from a distance, but it was even more impressive when you stood just in front of the gates. The trip only took thirty minutes, so they were at the castle fairly quickly and Daniella was feeling anxious. Both Robin and Regina were in there. And she didn't like it. She shook her head. "Stop worrying so much, they're both adults, they can take care of themselves." Giving Reina a small kick in the side, she throtted forward until she rode just behind the royal couple. Both the prince and the princess looked a little bit worried, probably because of Regina. Daniella didn't know the history between the couple and the Queen, but the couple cared about her. Snow probably the most. But they also seemed sure and unaffraid, though Daniella guessed they were just keeping a mask on for the group behind them. They rode through the gates and Daniella gave Reina to one of the Merry Men. One of the few that didn't seem to hate her. It was weir how the people she had known since she was twelve, turned on her so quickly because she had magic. It apparently didn't matter that she loved them like family and they had seemed to love her the same way, it disappeared with the knowledge of her having magic.
Daniella felt her throat close up at the thought, so she pushed them away from her mind and focused on finding Regina, And Robin, to see if she was okay. She probably was, but Daniella couldn't help but worry. She pushed past a few people and walked inside the castle.

Regina walked through the dark corridors of her castle, going back to her bedchamber were the thief probably still was. His feet frozen, unable to take just the smallest of steps. As she opened the door, she pulled her face into a mask, hiding the emotions that were running through her. Anger, longing, sadness, grief and determenation. Determenation to capure her so called sister.
When the thief heard footsteps, he turned his head around to look at the person coming into the room. Regina saw a lot of emotions in his eyes, and when the thief returned her stare, locking his blue eyes with her brown ones, she couldn't look away. Even if she wanted to. She didn't.
Eventually the moment was broken by the man himself when he asked her a question. "You didn't go through with it?", he asked. Was that relief?
"No, I didn't." "Did you find something to live for?" Regina saw hope in his clear blue eyes. He probably thought she had found love or something. Well, she was going to disappoint him. Big time. "What is it?" "Something I haven't had in a very long time." His smile widend at that. "Something to destroy." Regina felt an evil smile begin to form on her lips and she let it.
It didn't last long though. A few minutes later she heard people run through the halls of her castle, advancing towards her chambers. She waved her hand, released the thief so that he could move again and put the ingredients for the curse back into the box. She put the box  and the hairpin away, cloking the place with magic thus preventing anyone from finding it. She vaguely heard the thief moving towards the door when it was pushed open. Regina turned around just to see the thief regaining his balance. She had just turned her attention to Snow and Charming when she saw Daniella running towards her.

Daniella followed the prince and Snow, figuring they were looking for Regina. The couple walked through a long dark hall and climbed the stairs. Now that she was inside, Daniella took some time to admire the castle. It was dark, just as it was outside. Black walls, floors and ceilings. The walls were illuminated by torches every few meters. There weren't a lot of windows, but the few that there, had dark glass and didn't let a lot of light inside the building itself. It was clear that it used to be the home of the Evil Queen.
The couple had stopped in front of a pair of brown, heavy doors. Opening them, Snow walked into the room without warning, startling the two adults inside.
As soon as Daniella saw Regina, she felt herself letting out a breath she didn't realise she was holding. She ran towards the Queen, ignoring Robin, and wrapped her arms tightly around her neck.
Regina was surprised and she stiffened at first, but as soon as she realised it was Daniella, she wrapped her arms around the girl returning her embrace.
"I'm so glad you're okay", Daniella breathed, burying her head further into Regina's neck. Regina let out a sigh. "Me too." Then she closed her eyes and let herself enjoy this moment. The girl had missed her and it warmed her heart.
Everything else outside this bubble that was around the two of them, faded away. All the sadness and anger. Heartbreak and grief. But in that moment none of those things mattered. And Regina found out she'd truly found something to live for. Something worth more than destroying someone. And that something was Daniella.

*A/N: Hello again!! This was the new chapter and I hope you enjoyed it!! Please tell me your oppinion in the comments! The next couple of weeks, I probably won't be able to update a lot because I have finals and I have to study. A lot. But after that, I have a two month vacation so I will be able to update a lot more...if I'm not to lazy to do so 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4.6K 96
Regina and daughter OUAT fanfic: Shortly after Regina became Queen, she gave birth to a beautiful girl named Daniella. However, mother and daughter w...
146K 4.6K 25
Regina Mills had never though of becoming someone else's Own; not until Her Mother Cora forced her to Emma Swan. Maybe they'd eventually get along...
146K 3.8K 29
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴ...
53.7K 1.3K 37
The Evil Queen never wanted a baby but thats what she got. But what happens when she bonds with the stolen child? Will she raise her as her own? Will...