Chapter 9: Something to live for

When Regina arrived at the courtyard, she put out the fire that held up the protection spell around the castle. She felt the magic from the spell disappear until there was nothing left. Then she sat down at one of the benches. She grabbed the hairpin and let it touch her finger. She hesitated. "Daniella", Regina thought. A girl she'd only met a few days ago was making her hesitate about cursing herself for eternity. Regina had no idea how, but she did. "No, you can't let yourself get distracted because you care about the girl. Get yourself together." Regina pushed her thoughts about Daniella away and concentrated. She grabbed the hairpin more tightly, brought it back to her index finger and pressed it against her skin. "But what is Daniella going to do when she does want to learn to control her magic? I can't let her down." Regina sighed and pulled the pin away from her hand, feeling her anger grow because she could not do it. She couldn't curse herself while Daniella probably needed her help. No one else would do it anyway. Rumple couldn't because he was dead and he wouldn't do it without manipulating her too. So even if the imp would be alive, Regina didn't trust him when it came to teaching Daniella. And she didn't really know anyone else who could and wanted to do it. But before she could even think about changing her mind, a woman started talking: "You're not even going to say hello first? Not the kind of welcome I was expecting." Regina felt herself getting irritated about getting interupted again. "What does a witch have to do to catch your attention?", the woman asked while transferring the hairpin into her hand. "What's the matter? Has life got you down?" Regina felt anger running through he veins. The woman was annoying and had no right to take her castle. She finally turned to look at the woman, seeing that she was wearing one of her dresses. Also seeing the color of her skin. She was green. Green. And not just her face, her entire body was green; her hands, her wrists, her neck, even her nails. "Well someone's green with envy", Regina thought angerly. She was getting tired of the green bitch and stood up.
"None of your business", Regina told her coldly, preparing herself to walk away. But the bitch started talking again: "You really don't know who I am, do you?" Regina internally laughed, thinking she would remember if she had ever come across a witch with green skin. But she did know who she was and she told the witch exactly that. "I know exactly who you are. The Wicked Witch." "Is that all?" "I'm not that interrested." With that Regina started to walk away, having had enough of the useless conversation. But the damn with transported in front of her, blocking her. And started talking. Again.
"Please, allow me to introduce myself. You can call me Zelena." Regina rolled her eyes but allowed the witch to continue. Seeing Regina's lack of response, Zelena continued: "Cora really never told you." "Told me what?" Zelena took a step closer and said: "The truth about us, Regina." Regina really started to think Zelena was a little crazy. "What the hell are you talking about?" Pulling her face into a mask of suspicion, Regina continued: "And how do you know my mother?" Regina knew her mother had made a lot of enemies over the years, she had done the same thing, but her mother never mentioned a Wicked Witch or someone with the name Zelena.
The witch took yet another step closer and leaned in, her eyes turning cold. "I'm your sister"

"It's down!" Daniella heard one of the dwarvs yell. Grumphy? That was the sign they'd all been waiting for. Daniella had been nervous ever since Regina had left, mostly because she didn't want to cross Robin while she wasn't there with her. Once she learned he'd gone with her, she wanted to hit him. Hard. "How could he be so stupid?!", Daniella whispered to herself, "He's going to get himself killed by either Regina or the Wicked Witch of the West." No matter how angry and hurt she was, she didn't want Robin to get hurt, let alone die. Roland didn't deserve to lose another parent. Her little brother had already lost his mother and Daniella didn't want him to lose his father to, no matter how much of a jackass the man was. At least, that's what she told herself. Daniella sighed, telling herself that it wasn't the time to think about these things right now. The group was going to get to the castle, and Daniella was going with them. She grabbed her bow and some arrows and got Reina ready for the trip to the castle.