Chapter 38: Revenge

Zelena giggled gleefully as she saw Regina break down in front of her daughter's body, before she turned serious once again.
"I told you before, Regina. I will take everything away from you", she snarled. A smile quickly made its way on her face though at the satisfaction of seeing her sister on her knees in front of her niece.
"And I also said that I would start with your daughter." With that she turned around and made her way to her sister's chambers. Her work wasn't done yet.

"Daniella. No, no, no, no, no", Regina sobbed as she took her daughter's face in her hands, "Come on, don't leave me. Not like this!" She couldn't lose her daughter, not again.
Daniella grabbed her mother's hands in return as she looked up to her. She opened her mouth to say something, but Regina stopped her.
"Don't say anything, okay? I'm going to try and heal you." Her hands shook as she released her daughter's face and moved them towards her side, where Zelena had hit her.
"Daniella, I need you to move away your hands for a bit." After Daniella's weak nod, Regina moved her hands away from the wound and replaced them by her own.
"This will probably hurt." Regina didn't wait for Daniella to react, she just called upon her magic, trying to ignore her daughter's wince when she started.
She welcomed the burning sensation of the magic that ran through her veins and focused on Daniella. She focused on the way she felt when she found out Daniella was alive, the feeling of holding her little girl after all the years she hadn't been able to.
She thought about how Daniella had grown into a wonderful young woman, even if she hadn't been able to be there to see it.
"Come on", she whispered repeatedly as she let her magic flow into Daniella's body.
Slowly, but surely the wound healed, and Regina let out a sigh of relief when she saw the pained look on her daughter's face being replaced by a relieved one.
"Mom", Daniella started, her voice cracking as she leaned towards Regina.
"Hey, don't get up yet. You need to rest", Regina told her as she gently pushed her back down, though she laid her daughter's head on her lap.
"Mom", Daniella started once again, her voice more urgent.
"Hey, I'm okay, I promise. I'm perfectly fine. Zelena didn't hurt me." Regina pushed her tears back and pulled her daughter even closer, "But don't ever do that to me again."
"I won't, but-"
"No, don't speak, just rest", Regina pleaded and with one more look at her mother, Daniella agreed, mentally reminding herself to tell her mother about the strange feeling later.
After that was said, both of them lapsed into silence, but kept holding onto each other, not quite ready to let go just yet.

The thief was lying in her sister's bed, still asleep. Perfect. A malicious smile decorated Zelena's face as she stalked towards him.
She raised an eyebrow as she looked him over. Her sister did have good taste in men, it was such a shame though that he was a thief.
Zelena rolled her eyes. She'd seen the way her sister looked at the guy, the love in her eyes was clear.
"Let's get this over with", she murmured as her hand hovered over the thief's head. She whispered some words while letting her magic seep through the Outlaw's skin, into his veins, slowly making its way towards his heart. It felt amazing, the rush of the magic running through her body, it never failed to make her feel incredibly powerful. She sighed as she finished her spell.
Zelena let out a vicious cackle as she grabbed a vial from her pocket and poured its contents past the Outlaw's lips.
She remembered every word of the description of the poison: "Quand la magie touche le coeur, la victime rendra son dernier souffle et il mourra." (When the magic touches the heart, the victim will draw his last breath and he will die)
The spell she had casted on him just made sure that he didn't die as quickly as he normally would when given this particular poison.
She took a deep breath as she admired her work. The change was subtle, barely noticible, but it was there. The thief's skin was a little whiter, his breathing a little shallower.
A satisfied grin made its way upon a face as Zelena made her way towards the doors, the feeling of victory already running through her veins.

Regina made her way towards her room not long after Zelena left. She'd left Daniella in her room, she insisted and even though Regina didn't agree, she listened to what her daughter wanted. She did cast a protection over the room, for her own sake as much for Daniella's. Regina knew she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep tonight, but the protection spell gave her a little reassurance.
She entered her room with a small sigh, the weight of what had happened finally settling on her shoulders and she suddenly felt very tired. But the event kept running through her head as she got ready to go back to bed, making her anxious once again and the desire to sleep faded as fast as it had come.
Regina shed her robe and threw it on the floor, not caring about the garment in the slightest and walked towards the bed and the man lying in it.
She laid down and pulled the sheets on top of her, Robin's scent surrounding her when she buried her nose in her pillow. It nearly made her smile and as the tension from the last few hours started to fade away, she felt her eyelids screw shut, making her fall into a dreamless sleep.