Rose Thorne ✔︎

נכתב על ידי marcie_lou

Rose's life has order. She knows what she needs to do to stay out of trouble with her always traveling, never... עוד

©
Cast List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
Epilogue: A Glimpse Forward
⋄•Playlist•⋄

39

9.3K 349 70
נכתב על ידי marcie_lou

Happy Wednesday friends 😊

[0]

"You," Mia said at the doorsteps of the library in an accusatory tone as she pointed at me.

"Yes?" I frowned and she made her way towards me.

What did I do?

"You skipped class with Liam Powers and you didn't tell me? I had to find out from Noah." She narrowed her eyes at me and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Well, it wasn't exactly planned. He kind of took me against my will." I told her.

But to be quite honest, it was the only way I would've complied. There's no way I would've voluntarily skip class to be with a boy.

No matter how beautiful his smile is.

"Well how did it go?" She asked with an exciting smile.

"Incredibly amazing." I gave her a small smile. "But, can I tell you about it later?"

"Well, I kinda wanted to know now, but sure." She nodded before frowning. "Is everything okay?"

Absolutely not.

"Just tired." I shrugged and her frown deepened.

"Did you not sleep well last night?" She asked and I shook my head.

I got accepted into UCLA.

"Anxiety's a bitch." She sighed and I looked up at her with a nod.

So's my father.

"Well, since I won't get the juicy details about your little adventure with Liam, I'm gonna leave you to your alone time." She stood up and  I gave her a look of gratitude.

She always knows when I need alone time. Sometimes with Sam I have to tell her, but Mia always knows.

"Thanks." I spoke and she gave me a smile.

"I'll see you at lunch." She said before walking away.

The school day went by in an uneventful blur. I breezed through my classes in autopilot and when the final bell rang, a breath of relief left my mouth and I packed my things and made my way towards my locker.

As I was walking down the halls, someone tapped my shoulders and I turned only to find Liam on the opposite side.

"Gotcha." He smiled.

"Yeah," I gave him a half smile before reaching my locker.

"See, I don't like it when you don't find me funny." He said and I frowned at him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I switched out my books.

"I told like three awesome jokes at lunch and you didn't laugh, and I told one in bio." He informed and I shook my head at him.

If he's anything, Liam Powers is an entertainer.

"I must've missed them." I apologized, my head hasn't exactly been in the right place.

"Well, I know that," he smiled and I shut my locker before leaning against it. "Which bring me to ask, what's wrong?"

I don't think this would be something he would understand.

"Just the universe showing me that life isn't so simple." I replied before tugging a strand of hair behind my ears.

Do I go to the school of my dream and disappoint my father or do I go to the school he wants so he can be proud of me?

His eyes flickered with concern and he gave me a small nod.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked cautiously and I gave him a small smile.

"Actually yes, can you do your little pep talk things that you do?" I asked and he smiled. "The ones you do when you're trying to talk Noah and Jonathan into doing something stupid?"

He laughed before nodding.

"Are you about to do something stupid?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Something brave."

But in my father's eyes, that's basically the same thing.

"Whatever it is, do it," he nodded, "because tomorrow isn't a definite yes and this could very well be your last day on earth and people need your bravery Daisy." He smiled and I bit back a smile.

He took a step towards me and I stood up a little straighter.

"To me, you're Daisy but to the rest of the world you are Rose and sometimes when you come close to a rose, you have to get pricked by some thorns." He nodded with a serious face and I gave him a genuine smile.

I wanted to kiss him right then.

"You should consider being a motivational speaker." I nodded as I felt adrenaline course through me.

"Go get em Daisy." He smiled and I nodded.

[0]

I finished my last math problem before putting away my notebooks to go start dinner.

At dinner I'll tell him. I'll tell him that we don't need to go to Dartmouth this weekend because I don't want to attend.

I'll tell him that I got accepted into UCLA and that I want to attend there.

I can do that.

I will try to make him understand that UCLA is my dream school and he will understand that. And because it was moms alma mater, he will still be proud of me.

He has to be.

I was walking past his office but him shouting profanities at his phone made me slow down.

"Stop cursing at me!" Jenifer's voice shouted over the phone  and I stopped completely. From the gap in the doorway, dad had his phone on his desk on speaker and he was pacing the room with a stress ball in his hand as he talked.

I should've kept walking.

"Jesus Christ, Jenifer, you told her Robert Benson was her father?" Dad asked and I raised an eyebrow in curiously.

"She kept asking questions, I just gave her a name. I didn't think she would want more than that." Jenifer replied and my eyes widened.

Wait, Robert isn't Katelyn's dad?

"So you used my college roommate?" Dad shouted and I leaned closer to the door.

"Well, maybe I should've just used your name. Since you're too much of a coward to tell her who you really are. At least then, she would've found out eventually."

Wait.

"Don't you fucking do this to me Jen. My girlfriend had just had a child and I was scared, our night was a mistake. Katelyn wasn't supposed to happen." Dad shouted and and my stomach sank.

What?

"Do you hear yourself? You just called your daughter a mistake." Jenifer shouted and I stumbled backwards.

A low ringing sounded in my ear and I blinked in confusion as my father's words registered.

He cheated on my mom?

I squeezed my eyes shut and I tried to breath through my nose but the ringing in my ear was getting louder as I started to comprehend the situation more.

My father cheated on my mom with Jenifer.

I swallowed bile but that action had a counter effect  on easing my stomach and I stumbled to the bathroom.

I barely made it over the toilet before emptying my stomach.

When I was done, I crawled away from the toilet and sat in the corner of the bathroom. I looked down at my shaking hands and my eyes welled up with tears.

Jenifer got pregnant, with Katelyn.

A suffocating sob escaped my throat  and I quickly covered my mouth.

Katelyn Davis is my half sister.

[0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0][0]

Some of you suspected that. But Rose definitely didn't.

Comment

Vote

Share

Coming up: Rose confronts her dad.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

839 42 21
***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 AND ITS REALLY TERRIBLE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*** Rose Lewis is a normal girl brought up with an upper class family. Ro...
652 45 33
20 year old Claire Young has lived anything but a normal life. Her family doesn't care much about her, and basically treats her like a maid. She has...
2.6K 870 24
Hayden is a teenager with a mental disorder that impacts herself and the people around her. She's misunderstood by everyone but herself. Liam is a g...
509 108 13
Bella knows that deep down she needs someone who will love her, cherish her, taking care of her even when she acts tough and independent. Someone who...