Let Me Love You

By kadeyyy13

"He's your best friend and he's my h-husband." I said while looking down not wanting to meet his intense gaze... More

Author's Note
Characters list
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7

Chapter 6

128 2 0
By kadeyyy13

| play new song with chapter, it adds more emotion 🙂 |

Piper P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, for hitting you, baby. You know, work has me stressed out! Please forgive me baby." Ian says to me as he holds my face between his hands.

I'm in the situation that I'm always in after an altercation.

Me, on the floor, with something bruised, broken, or bloody. And forgiving him.

Him, standing or kneeling. Asking for forgiveness.

"I-I forgive y-you." I sputter out while trying to get into a sitting position.

All I feel is pain. In my face. In my stomach.

In my heart. Even though I still feel pain in my heart. I still remember the good times we shared before this, change.

His change.

Flashback

I feel feather like kisses all around my face. Like the wind slowly blowing on my face. It's refreshing and amazing.

It brings a smile to my face because I know who those lips belong to.

"Wake up pepper. Wake up baby." Says the voice of my dear boyfriend.

I flutter my blue eyes open to meet his blue ones. The ones I admire. The ones I wake up to every morning.

"Ah, there she is. With her pretty eyes." He says to me as he lays down in the bed to meet my eye level. He moves a strand of my raven black hair behind my ear. He uses his thumb to stroke my cheek, like he always does. It gives me these tingling sensations. And I love it.

"Ah, and here you are." I say with a small smile on my face.

"So, pepper?" He asks me with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Yes Ian?" I asks as my smile gets wider when I think of things he does when he has that glint in his eye.

"I think I have an idea. I feel that you've been a very naughty girl. I didn't get a single kiss this morning." He says with a fake thinking face. I laugh.

"Well I'm sorry sir. Your just gonna have to come and get one." I say with a sly smile.

"Oh really?" He says with a smirk as he crawls to me.

I nod my head and keep my eyes locked on him.

He then pounces on me and tickles me. My laughs and giggles sounding off all through our little apartment that we share.

Nothing but pure love.

End of flashback.

As that memory fades and so does the fun and laughter, pain is replaced as I remember that day. It was still that point in time he still called me Pepper.

When he woke me up with feather kisses. Showering me with love. Instead of hits and apologies.

When we were happy.

But I get it, he doesn't mean it. He doesn't mean to hurt me.

But it still hurts.

It leaves me empty, shallow. With no purpose to move on. To move on from what he did. He makes it hard to forgive, to keep forgiving him.

I feel like nothing. A empty shell of what used to be. And it hurts. He's words in my head, in my heart. I try to build myself up but he breaks me down and...

I forgive. I forgive because I know who he is. Who he is to me. Or who he was to me.

"Come on, baby. Get up." He tells as he let go of my face and grabs my hands.

I wobble on my feet and cough up some blood. I want to cry out in pain but I'm afraid. Too afraid to make a sound. Afraid he'll hit. Overall, afraid of him.

We walk steadily down the hall to our room.

I feel so weak. Useless. Small.

We walk to our bathroom and he sets me on the side of the tub. He kneels down in front of me and huffs out a breath.

"I'm about to go to work, okay? Cleans yourself up and get ready to go to work and do other stuff you do. I love you." He says to me as I keep my head down and look at my feet as if it's the most fascinating thing in the world.

He grabs my chin in his hard grip and makes me meet his eyes.

The eyes that used to make me blush. I always admired those.

Now I fear them.

"I said I love you." He said back into my face. It's a signal, telling me to say back.

"I l-love you too." I say as I try to give him a small smile. A weak on. The one I use for everyone, to hide the pain I feel everyday.

He smiles and looks satisfied. He gives me a peck on the lips and walks to the sink. He washes his hands of my blood. Like it was nothing out of ordinary.

He walks back over to me and gives me another peck and let's me know I can visit Lily. Then he's  off.

I stand or should I say wobble to stand up and walk to the sink.

I make it to the mirror and see...

I don't know who I see. It's kinda terrifying to look at.

But I'm ok. I know I will always be ok.

I am okay.

I grab a small face towel from a cabinet and run it under the faucet.

I wiped away the pain, the memories, the marks. Or try to but the marks are like the memories. They don't go away so easily. When you think their gone, they always have a way of coming. In my situation, it's in the hands of my husband. Who I thought was supposed to love.

But I know he does, he tells me. I just have to be careful of what I do and say. He's under a lot of stress right now so he doesn't mean it.

So I am okay.

I walked out the bathroom after I washed my face and went to pick out some clothes for the day.

I chose a pink knitted sweater with white jeans and a white winter vest jacket, paired with grey knee high boots.

It covers everything . After I lay everything out, I walk back in to the bathroom.

I walk to my tub and run lukewarm water. I then began to remove my clothes, revealing the reality of my life. The truth.

But I'm okay.

I lightly step in the tub and sink down.

I clear my mind of any chaos that runs through my mind day in and day out.

The memories.

I just wish I could forget. Press restart or erase button and I just forget. To forget the pain that I live through every single day.

After about thirty minutes I get out of the tub or my comfort place to say the least, after washing and shaving places.

I get out the tub with a little trouble, but I'm fine.

I'm okay.

I walk to the sink and open the cabinets that's underneath to grab a drying towel to dry my body.

After my body is dry, I use the towel to dry my hair a little. Then I drop the towel in the laundry basket that's by the sink.

I grab my fluffy robe off the back of the door and slip it on. I dust of some of the packing peanuts that I forgot to take off while unpacking.

I still remember when I was unpacking. Alone.

But it was the most time I had to myself to keep my mind off life and to just do something time consuming.

That one moment, I wouldn't mind playing it again and again on a loop.

I break out of thoughts and walk out of the bathroom.

I walk over to one of my white drawers in my room for a set of undies.

I undo my rob and discard it to put on my underwear.

After putting on my undies, I walk over to my bed to put on my clothes for the day.

I walk back into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup.

I walk over to the mirror and finally take a good look at the marks he imprinted on my skin.

I quickly look down, disgusted with myself.

I grab a brush from out one of the cabinets and brush out my raven hair, and leave it in waves. After that, I find the foundation that goes with my skin and apply generously on my marked skin.

After all my bruises and pride is covered, I apply some mascara, blush, and dark red lipstick.

I wash my hands dry them then leave the bathroom.

I walk over to my bed to sit down to put on my knee high grey boots.

After that I walk to my shared closet with Ian and find my jacket, hat, gloves, and a purse for the day.

I put on my jacket, hat, then gloves and start loading my purse with the things I will need.

I grab my phone off the night stand and see it's almost a quarter to one.

I still have time for groceries and buy a couple pair of clothes for work before my interview at 4 o'clock. I just have to be quick, then after my interview I can drive to go see my Lily.

***************************

Well here's another chapter guys! I know towards the end it got a little boring but I will try and make the next chapter better. I promise. See you soon lovelies 💓

Word count: (1365)
| Not edited |

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 117K 24
" I have moved on in my life..... Why don't you too ?? I moved on the moment I walked out " that seemed to anger him even more. His hold on my wrist...
47K 6K 93
"So, ready to make your wish?" I smiled, though my stomach was doing flips. He sighed miserably. "This would be the most weirdest request anyone has...
1.9K 191 43
"I don't want you in my life, you psychopath!" I exclaim. "You cheated and became the most wanted criminal! Do you think I will forgive you that easi...
36.4K 2.5K 31
I was scheduled to die in less than 24hrs from now. And the person who conspires to put me out of my miserable life is the one who put me through hel...