Better Man // A. Greizmann

By footballerbabe98

In which a fashion designer has to leave her boyfriend. More

Intro
1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
Epilogue

5.

314 11 0
By footballerbabe98

// You push my love away like it's some kind of loaded gun //

"So he's suspended versus Sevilla, Barcelona, AND Celta," Fernando complained, "We're in so much trouble."

"Shouldn't have punched Ramos in the face," Aveline shrugged, "Did you ever find out what Sergio said to him?"

"Antione said Ramos was being an asshole about you, and that's all he said," Fernando shrugged.

"ME?!"

"That's what he said. He didn't want to say anything else."

"He misses you, Ave," Sofía smiled sadly.

"I wouldn't know," she shrugged, "So he's suspended against Barcelona again. His suspension against them last year was the beginning of the end for us."

"Really?" Fernando asked.

"Yeah; he started to push me away then."

"I remember that," Sof nodded.

"I'm sorry that you're suspended, Antoine," Aveline frowned.

"It's fine."

"Would you like to go to dinner?"

"No. I'm going out with some friends. Don't wait up for me; I'll be home late."

"Oh. Okay. Have a good time," she sighed watching him walk out for the fourth time in two weeks.

She sat down on their bed and rubbed her face. Aveline picked up her phone and looked at her screen saver. It was picture of her and Antoine at the French National Team's end of summer banquet. Ave flopped back and turned on the television. She flipped through not finding anything interesting on. She eventually just settled for watching Friends on Netflix. The French girl watched aimlessly. It was a relief when her phone buzzed with a text message.

From: Sofía

Hey! Would you be interested in going to dinner and a movie with me? Sorry for the late notice!

To: Sofía

Sure! I'd love to! What time and where should we meet?

From: Sofía

Meet in 30 at Restaurante Nuevo Horno de Santa Teresa?

To: Sofía

See you soon!

Aveline smiled and got up off the bed and walked over to the closet. She chose a black spaghetti strap plunge bralette, denim jeans, a black floral long sleeve kimono, and black strappy heels. Ave chose to keep her hair and make up simple. She added large silver hoop earrings and a pretty matching necklace, bracelet, and ring set.

Aveline grabbed her phone and her wallet before walking out of the bedroom towards the garage. She grabbed the keys to the Mercedes and started the drive to meet Sof. She had seen Sof's boyfriend more than her own lately since Antoine was rarely home. She sighed and kept driving until she reached the restaurant. She could've parked herself but instead chose to use the valet service. Ave pulled up and parked her car in front. She got out and grabbed her things before handing the key to the man standing there.

"Ave!" Sof waved from just ahead outside the restaurant.

"Hola!" She grinned walking over to greet her friend.

Sofía looked fantastic in a grey mini dress with thigh high black velvet heeled boots and a black long sleeved kimono. Half of her long dirty blonde hair was pulled back into a messy top knot. She grinned and hugged Sof tightly.

"How are you, amiga?" Sof grinned.

"I'm okay. We can talk more inside," she smiled wanting to get out of ear shot from the paps that were taking pictures.

The two friends walked into the restaurant and went over to the hosts' station. They asked for a table in a private room so that they could talk more easily. They sat down and immediately ordered glasses of wine.

"So what's going on? Something wrong with getting the show ready?"

"No, no. Everything for the show is right on track. It's just some stuff with Antoine," Aveline took a sip of her wine.

"Oh?"

"Hola, welcome. Can I get you ladies started with some appetizers?" The waitress asked brightly.

"I'm okay, thank you; Ave?"

"I'm also okay," Aveline smiled, "Thank you though."

"Okay. I'll give you two some time to look over the menu."

"So?" Sof asked once the waitress had left.

"It's just that Antoine isn't home very often right now. He's been going out a lot, and he seems super distant from me."

"Yeah? What do you mean by distant?"

"He just seems off, and he won't talk to me very much. It's just that he seems like he'd rather be out with his friends than spending time with me. Ya know, I'd like to spend time with him before I head to Paris for Fashion Week on Tuesday," she sighed.

"I understand. Nando and I had an argument about that, but except for his game and training, we're spending the next five days together," Sof nodded.

"Awww," Aveline smiled, "That's good."

"Mhm. Especially since we aren't living together yet. As for Antoine, Nando said he's really pissed about being suspended. He hates not being able to play. He probably just wants to see his friends."

"I get that, but we're gunna be gone for a few weeks between all of the fashion weeks. Nando is making time to see you, while I'm pretty sure Antoine has completely forgotten that I have two shows coming up."

"It's possible. He has a lot going on right now you know between his suspension and all of the transfer rumors, but that's not a good reason for him not to be remembering that you have stuff going on too," Sofía shrugged.

"I agree," Aveline sighed, "now, what shall we eat?"

* * * * * * * * * *

"Aveline, we have to go," Sof gently tugged on her arm.

"I know, I know. Just a few more minutes. He might still turn up," Aveline responded standing on her toes trying to look for Antoine.

"I'm sorry, Aveline. He said that he would drive himself; I should've brought him from practice myself," Fernando rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's not your fault, Fernando," Aveline sighed, "let's go Sofía."

"Okay. Bye, Nando! I love you!" The other girl turned to her boyfriend and hugged him tightly.

"I love you too! I'll see you in Milan," Nando kissed her sweetly.

Aveline watched them with a smile. She was glad that Sof was so happy with Fernando. She was envious of their relationship. They had been together for nearly two years and seemed just as crazy about each other as they were when they first started dating.

Sofia took Ave's hand and waved goodbye to Nando. She smiled and squeezed her friend's hand before walking towards the gate. Aveline took a deep breath as they walked to the plane. The two were riding in first class. They each had their own area. S

Aveline watched Sof settle down easily with her neck pillow, blanket, and Netflix. Ave wasn't able to get settled so quickly. She felt upset and let down by Antoine. She curled up with her own blanket, neck pillow, and Netflix. However, she silently cries over Antoine's failure to spend time with her before she was due to leave.

It wasn't the first time she had been let down by Antoine lately. This wasn't at all what she wanted and knew something was going to have to change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
485K 7.3K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
987K 61.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...