7.

// I just wish you were a better man //

"Aveline!" Sofía ran over and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you so much, aimée," the French hugged her best friend back.

"I missed you too. How's France been?"

"Great! Getting a bunch of things ready for the next fashion show," she smiled.

"Oh that's such wonderful news!"

"And how are you? I mean, you're about a month away from your due date!"

"I'm good thank you! I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet daughter."

"Have you chosen a name?"

"We have, but we're not telling anyone!"

"Not even the god-mother?"

Fernando laughed while wrapping his arm around Sofía's waist, "nope. Not even Sergio or knows!"

"Oh yeah. Sergio is the god-father right?"

"Sí," Fernando smiled.

"Is Sergio here?"

"Right here. Hi, Aveline!" Sergio grinned, giving her a hug.

"Hola, Sergio. How are you?"

"I'm doing well thank you. And you?"

"Great thank you."

"Been working hard on your next show?"

"Absolutely. It's great to be working on it. I'm so excited."

"When is it?"

"I don't have a specific date, but it's going to be after Sof gives birth, but before the wedding."

Sergio smiled, "I can't wait. It's going to be great as always."

"Awe, thank you, Sergio."

"Aveline!" Pilar ran over.

"Pilar!"

"How are you? I haven't seen you in a long time!"

"I know, it's been quite a while. I'm doing well thank you-been working on my next show a lot. Which reminds me, I'd love it if you'd model."

"Oh I'd love to!" Pilar hugged her tightly.

"Thank you!" Aveline smiled.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Thank you all so much for coming! Sofía and I are so excited for our little girl to be born. She's going to be so loved. We appreciate all of the support!" Fernando grinned looking down adoringly at his fiancée.

Aveline smiled and clapped. Watching Nando and Sof together reminded her of when she and Antoine had been together. He had been a great boyfriend at the beginning. He had been just as good as Fernando. She couldn't believe how terribly things had spun out of control. Aveline believed he was going to be the man she married-the one who would be the father to her children.

"Ave! Ave! You're crying!" Sofía ran over, "what's wrong?"

"Can we just go inside and talk?"

"Of course," Sof turned to call out to her fiancé, "Nando, me and Ave are going to be inside for a little bit."

"Are you okay?" Fernando immediately walked over.

"Just a touch of the sun, plus we just want to talk."

Fernando kissed her sweetly, "okay. I love you."

"I love you too, Nando."

Aveline and Sof linked arms and then walked into the house. The two friends went up to the bedroom and sat down on the bed. Aveline started crying, prompting Sofía to hug her tightly and rub her back. Aveline felt horrible and like she was taking away from Sof's baby shower.

"What's wrong, amour?"

"Just seeing you and Fernando together makes me so happy because I know you're living your fairytale, but it makes me sad because I broke things off with Antoine."

"Oh honey. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I had to leave him. He's not the man I thought he was. I just wish he was a better man like Fernando. I see the two of you together, and it makes me wonder what could've been with Antoine. I always thought he would be a good dad, but I guess not."

"I get it," Sofía nodded and held her hand, "you know I was in a bad place before you set me and Nando up. Artemis wasn't the right person for me, and I'd see you and Antoine together and feel upset because that was all I wanted."

"Really? Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because I didn't  want to make you feel badly. You were so happy, and I was so happy for you."

"I'm sorry I know I'm ruining your party."

Sof shook her head, "no you're not. I'm glad we're talking, Ave."

"Well back to you; you're so close to having your baby! My little god-daughter."

"Yeah. It's getting so close. It's going to be so exciting to have her here!"

Aveline grinned, "I'm so excited to meet her!"

"I know, but hey, even though you and Antoine aren't together, you'll find someone who is good for you."

"Thank you."