Someone Like You

By Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

"Are you avoiding me?" He says looking straight into my eyes. "Why?" I raised my eyebrow. I tried to look cal... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-seven

52 6 5
By Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

After visiting Edith's grave, we were invited by his parents to have lunch with them but Alexander excused ourselves saying that we are going somewhere else. I don't know about it since he hadn't told me anything but I did not say a word and just followed him.

Now, I am sitting in his car going to I don't know where. I've been sitting here for more than thirty minutes and Alexander would just answer "You'll see." every time I ask him where we are going.

I actually have gotten used to him bringing me to places I never have any idea existed. He has done it for a couple or more times but it does not mean that I do not get excited every time he does something like this. I actually love it and it's kind of romantic.

We enter the city's famous resort, which is the Doña Feliciana. This is a place well known for their unique facilities, multiple attractions, excellent accommodation, and great food. It's not far away from the city so this is the number one best pick by most of the tourists. I was planning to go here with my parents or friends but was not really able to because I did not have the time and money. This is a luxurious resort and I could not just go here whenever I want to.

We continue on moving forward until I could see a yacht docked on the sea side of the resort. He parked his car and walks out of it. I on the other hand, get out of my own, not waiting for him to open the door for me, like he usually does. I follow him until we stand in a platform that lets us get inside the yacht.

"What's this?" I ask with wild eyes looking at him once we're finally standing on the deck. I can't believe we are on a freaking yacht! I have never been into this resort and I have never been into a yacht. How did Alexander do this? "Did you rent this?"

He grins and shakes his head. "The family owns this resort and somehow they want me manage it."

It takes a while before his words sink in to my thick skull. My jaw drops as I realize what he just said. "This resort? B-but you're still a college student." I state in disbelief.

"They say it's a training." He shrugs and smiles shyly. "I'm graduating this year though."

"No way! Are you serious?" I exclaim. "What about this yacht?"

How could that possibly be true? I know he is rich but I have never imagined him to be this rich.

"This is a property of the resort. We use this for VIPs or for rental purposes."

"Then why are we here?!"

"You're my VVIP so it's just right to bring you here." He winks at me making me blush.

I can't contain myself and burst out giggling. That was a little cheesy but it hit me hard. It's hard to believe that Alexander could throw lines like that so easily.

"Hey lover boy." A man shouts. He makes his way out of the room behind until he reaches us. He looks like he is in his early thirties. He is a tall man with a muscular body. His skin has this sun kissed effect giving him a much manlier feel.

"Ted!" Alexander greets him with a bro hug. "Thanks for coming, man."

"No problem. If my boy needs to impress his girl, I would help him in any way I can." He says playfully. He turns to me and beams a lovely smile. This is the kind of smile that some girls would go crazy for, but not me because Alexander's smile is way sexier. "Hi Melissa, I am Ted and I'll be your captain for today." He offers his hand and I gladly accept it. "Just enjoy yourselves and leave the work to me." That's it and he leaves us behind as he goes his way back to the room.

Not so long after that, we start to move and later did I realize that we are already in the middle of the ocean. The resort looks like a tiny little toy from here. I could smell the sea, I could feel the heat of the sun – it feels amazing... refreshing. This feels like we are on a vacation.

Alexander is sitting next to me on a coach in the deck, looking on the blue sea. He looks so peaceful and handsome that I can't get my eyes off of him. To be able to be with him for the whole day, caring about nothing else but us is like a dream. I feel like floating. I am so happy – well after all, my happy place is beside this man.

I tilt my head and look at him deeper. He is really there. I can't believe this is really happening. We've been through a lot. I was just a nobody admiring him from afar before but now I'm here with him as his girl. I reach for his hand and squeeze it tight.

"What?" He asks. I just shake my head as I continue to look deeply at him. He brushes his face with his free hand. "Is there something on my face?"

"No." I chuckle.

"Really? Then why are you looking at me like that?"

"Is it strange?"

"Not really. It just makes me kind of uncomfortable."

"Awe, you're so cute." I reach for his face and pinch his cheek. He cries in pain but I act like I don't hear it. "Thank you for bringing me here. I really like it." I state after releasing his cheeks.

A smile breaks his face. "I'm glad to hear that."

"I have something to ask."

"Okay. What is it?" His says raising a curious eyebrow.

"Dominic told me that you were the one who convinced the executives to send me as the representative of our university to the pageant. How true is that?"

He sighs and looks away. "I told him not to tell you about that."

"So it's true. Why did you do that?" I already knew it was him. I only want to hear him say it.

"I was guilty for what I did to you at the La Vista and also about the bashing. I blame myself for all of that. If only I was not an ass whole that time it would not happen to you." He answers without even looking at me. "So yeah, I was guilty and I thought doing that would be the best thing for you and I was right. Just look at you now."

"What if I didn't win? All your hard works won't pay off."

"I knew you'd win, I had no doubt on that." He says and turns to look at me. "Now, it's my time to you ask a question."

"Okay." I chuckle.

"I was invited to the annual party for basketball players which his happening a week from now. Could you be my date?" He says hopefully.

My smile fades. I am truly happy that he asked me about it but there is a big problem. "I-is it the Lorenzo's Ball?"

"Yeah. How did you know about it?"

My heart aches. I let my arms drop to my sides as I look down.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks worriedly. He cups my face and lifts it. "What's wrong?"

"Alexander." I remove his hands from my face. "I-I'm..." I can't find my voice. I clear my throat. "I'm going there with Zac." I state unable to look at him.

He is unable to respond for a long while until I hear him sigh. "I see." He says bitterly. He suddenly pulls me and embraces me in his arms. He buries his face in my hair and squeezes me tighter, like he is afraid that I might go somewhere else. "When are you breaking up with him?" He utter softly, just enough for me to hear it.

"Alexander." I chew my lips close my eyes. I try to push myself away from him but he is just too strong for me. "It's not that simple."

"Look at me." He demands lightly pushing me away from him but his hands are still on my shoulders. I remain looking down pretending not to hear what he said. "I said look at me!" He raises his voice, making me flinch. His voice terrifies me. It's full of anger but at the same time it sounded like he was the one who is scared. Slowly, I raise my head and meet his gaze. He squeezes my shoulders tighter. "It's me that you love, right?"

"Y-yes." I answer, almost shaking.

"Then why can't you break up with him? Do you know how much it pains me every time I see you with him? Even thinking that you are together kills me." His hands are shaking and his eyes are glaring as tear clouds his eyes. "I don't want to be the third party. I don't want to be the other guy. I don't want this – secretly being with you in fear that someone might see us. I don't want to feel that what we are doing is wrong. Melissa, I'm begging you, could you please break up with him as soon as possible?" Finally, his tears fall down his eyes.

I forcefully remove his hands on my shoulders. My teeth clench as I glare back at him. I take a couple of steps back away from him. "You're selfish!" I shout. "All you're saying are only the things that concern you. What about me? What about my feelings?" I exclaim pointing at my chest. "Do you think this situation is easy for me? Yes, I am madly inlove with you but Zac is a very special for me too. My feelings for him might not be romantic but I don't want him to get out of my life. He was there to pick me up when you left me. He loved me when you refused to love me. He was there to walk with me through my hardest times. Now Alexander, how dare you say that I should leave him just because you're back?"

He is surprise. His mouth hangs open but he is not able to say a word. He just stares at me unknowingly.

"My life continued even after you left me. Don't ever think that just because you're back, we could act like how things used to be." I turn around and walk away leaving him speechless. I walk with heavy feet. My head feels heavy. I wipe away the tears that just start falling.

A pair of arms wrap around my waist from the back.

"I'm sorry." He utters in trembling voice. He leans his head to mine and hugs me tightly. "I'm very sorry. I know that this is not easy for the both of us. I know it's my fault on the first place so I'm sorry. I'm very very sorry."

"All I'm asking is a little more time. I'm just waiting for the right time to do it."

"Okay. I understand. I understand. I'll wait patiently if that's what you want me to do." The sadness in his voice is giving me chills. He sounds like a little child afraid that his mom might not come back.

I turn around and hug him back. "Don't be so hard on yourself, okay?" I cup his face. I tiptoe and plant a soft kiss on his lips. "I love you." I utter. It sounds more like a promise.

"I love you too."

* * *

"Thank you for today." I say as he parks his car right in front of my house.

"The pleasure is all mine, love." He utters playfully.

I look at him with a genuinely surprise face. This is the first time that he called me with an endearment. He always calls me by my name and that sounds sweet already. I just cannot believe what he just called me.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I am j-just surprise for what you called me."

"Okay." He grins crazily. "So what should I call you then? Cupcake? Pumpkin? Sweety? Darling? Honey?"

I burst out laughing as he continues on enumerating all the possible endearments. "Stop it."

"How about bunny, sweetheart, sugar, princess, queen, angel, bae?"

"Stop it." I repeat, still laughing uncontrollably. "Love is just perfect I like it."

"Okay. It's love then." He smiles please with himself. "But don't you think we go with the trend and call each other bae?"

"Bae? Nah, that doesn't suit you."

"What? Are you thinking I'm too old to use that?"

My laughter fills his car. "You said so yourself."

"Hey, I'm still twenty-two!" He protests.

I wipe away the tears from my eyes. I am laughing so hard that I am even tearing up. "I should get in now. Thank you for today, again."

Today turns out to be a great day. At the cemetery with his parents, I was not expecting to be so comfortable with them so easily. I was even surprise how we talked about Edith so casually. I thought that is they talk about her in front of me, I might somehow get offended by it but it did not happen at all. Plus, I rode a freaking yacht today! Today is a great blast thanks to Alexander.

"Okay." He goes out of his car to open the door for me. He then lays his hand in front of me, offering assistance. "Chivalry is not dead."

"You know what, you're starting to creep me out." I utter with a chuckle. First the endearment and now this, he is acting weird. I accept his hand anyway as I get out of his car. We stand close, starring at each other while holding each other's hands.

A bright light beams our faces. It is a car making its way towards us. Sudden coldness rushes all over my body like as if someone throws a bucket of iced cold water at me. It is Zac's car! Millions of thoughts are rushing through my mind right now but none of those makes sense. I just freeze on where I'm standing watching as Zac gets out of his car.

He bursts out and rushes to us. He furiously grabs Alexander's collar and pushes him away until a wall hits the other's back. Alexander groans in pain but did not do anything and just glare at Zac while wearing a cunning smile.

Zac's face is literally red. His teeth are clench in anger as he breathes heavily. I have never seen him this mad before. "What are you doing here?" He asks between clench teeth. Before Alexander could say a word, he raises his fist and punches the later straight in the face.

"Oh my gosh." I cry. I instantly jump in my place and run to grab Zac's arm which is now preparing for the second blow. "Stop it Zac, please." I hug his arm while trying to pull him away from Alexander. "Zac, please stop this. Let's go inside the house, okay? I'll explain everything. Please I'm begging you, stop this."

He's giving Alexander death looks not wanting to set the later free. "If I see you near my girlfriend again, I swear I would kill you." He says before harshly releasing Alexander's collar.

Alexander laughs teasingly. "Let's just see."

"What did you say?" Zac rushes back and grabs Alexander's collar pushing him up against the wall once more. "You're a fucking piece of shit, you mother fucker!"

"Stop it!" I shout. "Alexander, shut up and just go home! You're just making everything worse." My eyes could not help but notice the glint of sadness in his eyes as he hears my words. I feel bad for saying it but what could I do in a situation like this? How could I possibly stop them from murdering each other?

He smiles bitterly and pushes Zac away. He gives Zac a sharp gaze before glancing at me. "So I'm the bad guy, huh?" He says bitterly before getting in his car and drives away.

The pain in his eyes brings uncontrollable sadness to me too. I do not want to hurt him like that. I just don't want them to hurt each other.

"What was he doing here?" Zac asks firmly. His voice brings me chills down to my bones. It was so cold, a whole lot different from his usual warm and loving voice. It sounds painful for both him and me. I look up to him trying to find the word to say but I fail to find any.

I was caught red handed. How could I get myself out of this mess? What am I supposed to say? I have two options at this point: it's either I'll lie or say the truth. Both are hard but each would make a different outcome. Maybe this is the right time that I am waiting for?

Zac, I'm really grateful for having someone like you in my life. You are the best boyfriend anyone could have. You are one of my biggest blessings. I love you Zac from the bottom of my heart, I mean it, but I'm sorry it's not the kind of love that you want. You are an important person to me and I can't afford to lose you. I love you but only as a friend, I'm very sorry.

I practiced this line for a thousand times and now it comes to this point that I need to say it. I don't want to hurt Zac in anyway but I need to say it or else he'll suffer more and it would get things be more complicated than it is already.

I need to say it now!

"Zac, I'm s-sorry." I utter in trembling voice. "It's not w-what you think. Alexander was just helping me. Edith was adopted by his parents and they wanted to see me today because today is Edith's death anniversary. He was just sending me home because I came from the cemetery with them." I bite my lip as I pinch myself hard on the legs. I fucked that up bigtime. It's not supposed to be what I should say!

Why can't I do it?!

"What?!" He exclaims. "Are you kidding me? Are you saying that, that guy is your twin sister's brother?"

"Yes." I answer looking down, unable to properly look at him in the eyes.

"Great! What a fucking coincidence!" He laughs sarcastically. "So you were with him for the whole day?" I could not bring myself to answer that question. I am truly afraid to what would happen if I do so. "Answer me, Melissa. Honestly!" He bursts with an even louder voice.

"Yes." I manage to say softly just enough for him to hear it. "We were not alone though. We were with his parents." I try to defend myself. Though it's true, it's partially lie at the same time and it is making me guilty.

"That's great and you haven't even told me about it."

"Because I knew you would act like this."

"Of course I would act like this! It's because you were with that guy. Do you still remember what he did to you?"

"Zac, it's really nothing. I just wanted to go to my twin's grave and meet the people she grew up with. That's all it is to it. There is nothing for you to be mad about."

To my surprise he punches the wall almost making me jump off my place. "We could fucking do that together! If you want to go there, you could have asked me to come with you and not just go there alone. You should have thought about what I would feel about this, Melissa."

"I'm sorry." I try to raise my head to look at him but could not handle looking back at him. He looks so different... so scary. He looks like a whole different person.

"Wait, was he the one who told you that you had a twin?" He asks making my knees weak. I choose not answer and just let an awkward silence takes over. "Were you with him when you went to the orphanage?"

I instantly raise my head and look at him straight in the eyes. I open my mouth to say something but I could not find anything to say. I want to deny it but I could not do it. I stay silent while just starring at him in fear. I certainly don't know what to do.

Zac falls down sitting on the ground. I could see his shoulders shaking and I could hear faint sobbing. He looks up to me and asks, "Babe, are you cheating on me?"

"No." I whisper unconsciously. This brings an unpleasant bitter taste to my mouth. My tears start to fall as I look down at Zac on the ground.

"Why do I feel like you're lying?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

832 90 14
Angelo finds his dream guy but how hard is it going to be to be together. Excerpt: "Ouch." I focus beyond my sister at the really cute, strike that m...
179 17 10
"I Thought this would be a memorable day, having gathered confidence and courage to give this day my all, I scoff at how ironic I visualise this day...
13.3M 364K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
2.9M 99K 57
Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous but I ignore him, I keep my eyes shut and...