Someone Like You

By Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

"Are you avoiding me?" He says looking straight into my eyes. "Why?" I raised my eyebrow. I tried to look cal... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-seven

53 6 7
By Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I remain standing while staring at the portrait looking directly at the girl's eyes.

Alexander clears his throat, not bothering to come closer to me. "That's Edith, my younger sister." He says with an obvious sadness. He says it quietly like that of a whisper but I could still hear him clearly. His melancholic voice gives chills down my spine.

"Yeah, as I figured out." I nod.

"My mom was a volunteer doctor that time. I don't know what really happened since I was only three years old when she brought a baby girl home, but ever since then our lives changed." He utters. "Dad told me that the Edith was a weak baby girl mom found at the orphanage where she had a mission. He told me that Edith was fragile and it would be best if they would take her. So they did."

Without realizing it, I turn to look at him. My eyes are big as I cover my mouth with my hand.

He's standing right next to me, staring at the picture. "They adopted Edith and it was one of the best things that have ever happened to me." He looks at me and smiles and looks back at the picture again. "We never ever let her feel that she was adopted though she knew the truth."

Then there is silence.

I want to ask a million of questions but I can't find the right words to say. I am just looking at him, unable to properly think of anything.

"We were supposed to be three siblings. Edith had a twin sister." My heart pounds harder that it hurts. My eyes even get bigger. I want to cover my ears but my body won't respond to what I want to do. "They were not able to get her because she was already adopted."

Please stop! I utter in a silent prayer.

He looks at me. He stares deep into my eyes like as if he's waiting for me to react. "For a long time, I always wondered how was she doing, or was her family treating her well. Edith and I used to wonder about her. Then one day, I found you and all of my questions were answered."

I exhale. I am out of breath. I have not realized it but I was holding my breath the whole time. A storm of emotions fills my heart. I don't know what to feel. I don't know how to react. What am I supposed to do when the person I used to love said tells me that I have a twin, who happened to be his sister and worst of all, I am adopted!

That's too much

I don't know how to take it.

"Okay." I whisper. I remain stun, unable to show a proper emotion. "Okay." I repeat and nod. I continue staring at his eyes - his beautiful grey eyes, which were once a mystery to me. He looks at me with full of worries and sorry. I take a deep breath. "Okay." I repeat once more.

"I'm sorry. I know I am not in the position to tell you all of this but –"

"It's okay." I cut him. "I get it. I get it." I tell him but it sounds more like I am telling it to myself. Yeah. I'm adopted. I get it. I had a twin sister. I get it. I brush my hair with my fingers. "Can I charge my phone?"

It is the weirdest thing to say, I know, but I've always been weird. I can't think straight. I have a hangover, I'm physically exhausted and now, I'm emotionally drained. I'm practically not in the condition to determine what's weird and what's not.

Alexander looks shock for a moment, and he answers, "Y-yeah sure. Let's go to the kitchen. Breakfast is ready. You can eat while waiting for your phone to charge up."

"Sure." I exhale.

He turns his back and moves forward. I follow him silently until we reach the kitchen. If not for my current situation, I would have appreciated the beautiful room. The roof-to-floor glass windows facing the pool and the garden, is gorgeous. I'm too occupied right now that I don't have any sense of appreciation.

I sit on the bar stools without him telling me.

"Your phone?" He asks as he lifts his open hand.

"Ah. Yeah." I reach for it in my pocket and give it to him. "I don't have the charger."

"Don't worry, you'll use mine." He says with a smile.

He walks around the counters and opens a drawer. From there, he pulls out a charger. He walks to the side and plugs the charger to an outlet.

"I'm sorry, I haven't prepared anything fancy. The only maid we have here is in a day-off and mom and dad are on a business trip." He explains as he places one plate in front of me. "Bacon, eggs, and rice – how does that sound?" He says enthusiastically.

The plate is packed with bacons, eggs, and rice. It is a simple dish with a simple presentation and it makes my mouth water.

"I haven't eaten these for like four months already." I say taking a spoonful.

"Really?" He says, surprise. He sits next to me and starts eating as well.

I nod. "Since I started preparing for Miss University, I was in a highly strict diet. We're talking about no sweets, no salty foods, and no fatty foods here. I was really hard.

"That explains how you got that body now."

"Yeah." I chuckle.

My blood come rushing to my face as I realized how revealing I am wearing – short shorts and a crop top. I try to make myself smaller as embarrassment hit me big time. The thought that Alexander is checking me out made me feel embarrass.

"Don't get me wrong. You're change was so big that it's so hard not to noticed it." He explains scratching his head.

We continue eating in awkward silence. Being alone with Alexander is already awkward plus the big revelation about my identity multiplies the awkwardness tenfold.

"So, are you still on a diet?"

"Yeah, but yesterday and today are my cheat days." I answer without even looking at him.

"I see."

Silence takes place again.

"Melissa, I'm sorry if you heard all of that from me. I know –"

"I don't want to talk about it." I say firmly. Just because I look exactly like his sister doesn't mean that I am her twin. It's just a mere coincidence for all I know. "Don't say anything about it." I add. I see him nod in the periphery of my vision.

My phone rings, breaking the awkward silence. I quickly stand up and ran to my phone to pick it up.

"Thank goodness." A sigh full of relief welcomes me as I put the speaker on my ear. "Where are you, Melissa?! What happened?!" Zac's worried voice makes me smile.

"Zac." I utter. Relieved.

"Where are you babe?"

"I'm in -" I hold my head as think of what to say. Of course I can't tell him that I'm with Alexander. He would get angry as fuck. "- in my friend's house."

"Who?" He sounds suspicious.

"My friend Liza. She's a member of the pep squad. I'll introduce you to her next time." I bite my bottom lip. I'm the worst liar. I don't even have a friend named Liza!

Alexander smiles bitterly. He shook his head and continues eating his breakfast.

"Okay. I just called to check on you."

"That's so sweet. Thank you."

"You sure you're okay?"

"Yep. You have nothing to worry about, babe."

"Okay." He sighs. I could feel that he does not really believe what I'm saying. "I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you."

My eyes immediately lands on Alexander who is looking me intently. I look away and turn around. "I love you too. Bye."

I press end. I take a deep breath and bury my face in the palm of my hands. I feel guilty. I feel like I'm doing something really wrong right now.

"I think there isn't a girl named Liza in the pep squad." Alexander says teasingly.

"Shut up!"

"What a strict boyfriend you have there."

I raise my head and glare at him that made him chuckle. "I need to go home." I state in a firm voice.

"Finish your food first."

"I'm done. I need to go home."

He sighs bitterly and stands up. "Okay. I'll drive you home. I can't believe that a single call from your prince would make you want to go home immediately." He looks at me.

I stay silent. I want to go home not because of Zac but because I don't want to be with Alexander anymore. I don't want to spend much more time with him because I feel crazy just by being with him and it's making me nervous.

We are both silent for the whole time we were inside the car. But before I get off, he seriously tells me "Melissa, just call me anytime and I'll be there."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 489 25
I look at him with bewilderment. Emotion floods through me as he looks at me with boredom lacing his eyes. His entire body is calm as he leans agains...
1.7K 498 18
"I can't believe you, I can't believe you would do all of this to win? Did it mean nothing to you? Did I mean nothing to you?" His voice was shaking...
2.9M 99K 57
Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous but I ignore him, I keep my eyes shut and...
698K 9.6K 26
"Can I ask you a question?" Alexander says looking me in the eyes while laying back and holding a blunt. "Mhm, ask away.." I replied curiously, focus...