Memories - Romanogers Fanfic

By Daredevilosa

Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers are married and have two children: Sarah and James. They lived happily, unt... More

The Coma
Back at Home
Back at Work
The First Fight
Love and Sex
The Park
True or False?
I'll Make Her Remember
Christmas' Eve
We Can Try
We Need to Talk
New Life
First Mission Together
Memories in the form of Delirium
Bad News
Do you want the divorce?
What Goes Around, Comes Back Around
Mission London - Part I
Mission London - Part II
Mission London - Part III
Mission London - Final
Was that a dream or a memory?
Remedy
I Don't Love You
Cupid Operation
Ambush
Negotiations
They can't break me
End of Mission
This is Elisa
Sarah and the longing
If I hurt you...
Memories
The Scarlet Witch
Don't you forget about me
Losses
Dealing with Reality
James' Choice
What Happened to Sarah?
Taking the own poison
Sarah
Maria & Sara
Clint's Birthday
I can hate you
Sorry
Barack Obama
Pre Obama's Mission
In Memory of Jane Foster, Darcy Foster Erik Selvig
Truths - Part 1
Truths - Part 2
Truths - Part 3
Let's go Home
New Neighborhood
Truths - Part 4
The Twins
We don't cry for who's not dead
A surprise and A Misunderstanding
A Moment of Love
The Chloe Story
I can't say goodbye
Unexpected
Lindsay's Rescue
Shapes of Love
A Little Black Widow
Penultimate Chapter
Final - part 1
Final - Part 2
Final Chapter (Alternative)

A Little Black Widow

3.9K 110 56
By Daredevilosa

As soon as the jet landed at the base of the Avengers, the Avengers said goodbye to each other and parted to go home.

Steve followed Natasha down the hall.

S: Natasha?

Natasha stopped and turned to him.

S: I'll get the kids, will you come with me?

N: Yeah. I'll follow you in my car.

S: Alright.

Steve got in the car just as Natasha got into hers. Steve headed for Cindy's house and Natasha went right behind him.

Steve and Natasha went to the door of Cindy's house and rang the doorbell. After a few minutes, Cindy opened the door.

Cindy: Hello, guys!

Cindy greeted Steve and Natasha.

Cindy: KIDS! Your parents here!

S: Did they give you a lot of work?

Cindy: Just the usual.

James had a toy sword in his hand and he came up running to the door, like a rocket, from the kitchen and screaming.

J: DAAAAD!

James jumped on Steve's lap and Natasha was feeling dislocated with all this situation, it was as if she was again in the picture of the perfect family and she is not like that and this frightens her.

James stepped down from Steve's lap and hugged Natasha, who smiled at him and handed his gift.

N: This is for you.

J: Oh cool! Thanks, mom.

Cindy's grandmother was approaching in an electric wheelchair, with Sarah sitting on her lap.

Steve looked at Sarah and held out his arms, but Sarah hugged Cindy's grandmother and turned her face away.

S: Well, I thought you were missing dad.

Sarah: I don't want to leave.

S: But aren't you missing Dad and Mom?

Sarah nodded.

Sarah: But I want to stay with Grandma.

- Oh my little angel, don't worry Grandma will always be here for you whenever you want. But your father and your mother misses you very much and you must go home to hug them very tight to your heart.

Sarah: Can I come back to see grandma?

S: Sure, Sarah.

N: I thought you would want this thing I brought.

Natasha took the doll out of the bag, Sarah peered sideways and raised her eyebrows.

Sarah came down from Cindy's grandmother's lap and walked over to Natasha, but she stretched her arms asking for her lap.

Natasha sighed and rolled her eyes.

N: I thought you would want the doll.

Natasha picked Sarah up.

Sarah: The doll.

N: But you...

S: She misses her mother first.

Steve handed the doll to Sarah who hugged the doll.

Sarah laid her head on Natasha's shoulder.

S: Come on, James! Time to go. Cindy, thank you very much. Here's your money. See you later, Mrs. Johnson.

- Oh, call me Ruby, son.

S: Okay, Ruby. Bye. Say bye to grandma, Sarah and James.

J: Bye.

Sarah: Bye grandma.

James ran to the car and got in the back seat.

Steve walked to the car and opened the back door, so Natasha could put Sarah there.

Natasha put the seatbelt on Sarah.

J: Come on, Mom.

N: James, I... I'm going home.

J: Noooo, you have to go home with us. Let's play theses new games with me, please.

N: James, I am tired.

Sarah: Come on, Mamma.

N: Tomorrow I'll see you. I promise.

Steve looked away, Natasha closed the car door and looked at him.

N: I'll see you at the Avengers Base tomorrow.

Steve looked at Natasha and nodded, already showing his disappointment for her refusing to go home with him and the kids, but Steve didn't argue.

Natasha got into her car and left.

Sarah got hysterical inside the car as soon as Natasha left because she wanted to spend some time with her. Steve had to stay a little more there to calm Sarah down.

Natasha arrived on her apartment, feeling exhausted from the trip yet. She rested her backpack on her shoulder and opened the door.

As soon as Natasha looked at the living room floor, there was pee and cat feces. Natasha looked at the open window and sighed.

Your fault, Natasha. All you had to do is was close the damn window! Natasha thought, she kicked the door shut and propped her backpack on the counter. Natasha cleaned the living room and went to take a shower.

It was already dark outside, when Natasha was finishing her bath in the tub. She got up and at the moment she grabbed the towel to dry, she stopped and inclined her ear toward the bathroom window.

Natasha frowned and went silent to try to hear the noise that caught her attention. Natasha was certain now.

Natasha got out of the tub and wrapped herself in the towel, she ran to the living room window, then she went out to the fire escape and saw a man fighting four guys. Two of them were already on the floor, unconscious. And the other 2 took turns to fight against the other man, who by the performance has much experience with fight.

Natasha didn't understand who was the bad guys or the good ones in the fight. Natasha came down the stairs as fast as she could.

The mysterious man was wearing a bandana on his head, which made Natasha believe he was some burglar.

Natasha jumped up from the 2nd floor to the ground. She immediately attacked the man with the bandana, and now that she was facing him she could see that the bandana also covering his eyes, which is extremely odd.

The man turned his face to the side and lowered his head a little, he was breathing heavily, as if trying to identify her through the smell.

Natasha frowned and began to fight hand-to-hand with the man and she had to manage to keep herself wrapped in the towel.

Surprisingly the fight was practically a tie. As they fought, the two other guys took the opportunity to escape. The bandana man dodged and started to run to the end of the alley, he jumped the railing and disappeared into the dark.

Natasha frowned and she was about to pursue him, but she had to help the "victims", but they weren't actually victims, Natasha only noticed that, when she went to check their vital signs and found guns and drugs with them.

Natasha called the police and waited for them to arrive.

The policeman wrote down her testimony, while he was very distracted looking at Natasha's cleavage all the time.

Natasha described only the four men, she didn't mention the one of the bandana, obviously she now knows that he is some kind of vigilante.

...

The next day, as Natasha had promised, she went to Steve's apartment to get the children.

Natasha knocked on the door and heard James shouting, "It's Mom, it's Mom!" James opened the door and smiled at Natasha.

N: Are you ready?

J: Sarah doesn't want to put her clothes on.

Natasha came in but stood in the doorway, Steve appeared in the hallway with Sarah's dress in his hand, he looked at Natasha and then at James.

S: What did I say about opening the door for strangers?

N: Am I a stranger??

S: That's not it, he didn't even know it was you and he already opened the door.

N: Oh, that's true, James. You can't open the door without being sure of who is.

S: Are you okay?

Natasha nodded.

Steve went back to Sarah's bedroom and Sarah ran past him in her panties, she grabbed Natasha's legs and Natasha looked down to stare at her.

Natasha raised one eyebrow.

N: Did you become a nudist?

Sarah: Let's go, mama.

N: With no clothes? No way I'm taking you naked, Sarah.

Sarah: I'm feeling hot.

N: It's very cold outside, and even if you're feeling hot, you're still a girl. Do you think I go out naked on the street?

Steve came over and handed the dress to Natasha.

N: Come, I'll dress you.

Natasha took the dress and Sarah raised her arms. Natasha put her dress on.

J: Oh! I'm going to take my pillow!

N: Pillow? For what?

Natasha looked at Steve with an arched eyebrow.

S: They want to sleep there.

N: What???

Natasha told Sarah to get her shoes and asked James to get his backpack.

Natasha waited for the kids to leave to talk to Steve.

N: You didn't say anything about sleeping in my home.

S: They are your children too, Natasha. They asked for it, but if you don't want it, I'll pick them later, no problem.

Natasha sighed.

N: It's not that I don't want them there, it's just because I don't feel prepared for that.

S: It's just one night.

Natasha sighed again.

N: Okay. Nothing bad can happen, right?

Sarah appeared in the living room with her shoes, she handed the shoes for Steve and Steve put one in her foot.

Sarah: My pacifier.

S: I put in your backpack. But remember about Santa's rules...

Sarah: I know!

N: Well, let's go! C'mon James!

James came running, carrying the pillow.

Sarah got up to run after James, but Steve was still about to put the other shoe on her. Natasha grabbed Sarah in time, and made her lift her foot so Steve could put the other shoe on her.

S: Okay, guys. Have fun. Give Dad a kiss.

Sarah and James kissed Steve and waved, saying Goodbye.

...

As soon as Natasha got home, the cat was in the middle of the living room again.

Sarah: Kitty!!!!

J: Yay, let's get him, Sarah.

Natasha put Sarah on the floor and placed her backpack on the chair.

J: What's his name?

N: This thing has no name, I already said that he is not mine. You can put him out.

Sarah: His name is Kitty!

N: Don't give him a name because he will not stay.

Sarah: Mama, please. Please.

N: No!

J: We take care of him!

Sarah: Yes, we take care of Kitty.

N: You're not even here every day! When you're not here who will take care?

J: We take him with us.

N: Look, I don't pets.

Sarah: But he likes you, mama, don't you Kitty?

N: Stop calling him like that, he won't stay.

Sarah: He will! Yes!

Natasha stared at Sarah, who practically threw the same defiant look back at her.

N: I said no and I won't repeat it again!

Natasha approached the cat, she picked him up and put him out the window.

When Natasha turned around, Sarah was frowning and her face was all red, Natasha frowned.

N: What is that? What she has?

J: Oh oh...

N: Oh oh?

As soon as Natasha took a step, Sarah opened her mouth and just started screaming. Natasha's eyes widened, and she was almost chocked because she wasn't expecting that, it seemed that she was being murdered or something.

James covered his ears.

Natasha approached Sarah who began to run in circles around the room until Natasha could get hold of her.

Sarah dropped herself on the floor and began to struggle with Natasha.

Natasha didn't know what to do, she stood still and couldn't reason anymore. She looked at James.

N: What the fuck is happening???

One of the neighbors knocked on Natasha's door.

Natasha opened the door and the woman looked inside the apartment and looked at Sarah making a scandal on the floor.

- Sorry, but I just heard those screams and I was scared, is everything okay here?

Natasha glared at the woman and nodded.

N: Yes, everything is fine.

The woman didn't believe everything was okay, she stepped inside and approached Sarah.

- Calm down, honey. My name is Christina. What happened? This woman hit you? Hurted you in any way?

Sarah was so fake, that she stopped crying and nodded, confirming the question. Natasha almost had a stroke.

The woman looked at Natasha with a judgmental look.

N: Stop lying, Sarah!

J: She's lying! Daddy said we can't lie, Sarah!

N: And you can leave my apartment now.

The neighbor inspected Sarah's body, looking for marks. Natasha approached the woman, ready to hit her and she herself stood up.

- If I hear them screaming again, I'll call the social service.

N: Do it! Do it and you will see what will happen to you and your family and all those pets that you have in your house. 10 puppies inside an apartment, does the law allow that? What about those birds, I'm pretty sure come of them are not even from America. Do you have the licenses? Well, I don't think so, eh? Go take care of your yourself, goodbye.

The woman became mute and stepped to outside the apartment, she raised her finger to talk, but Natasha closed the door on her face.

Natasha turned and looked at Sarah who was now smiling.

Natasha was shocked at Sarah's ability to change the expression on her face so easily, she looks like someone Natasha knows very well and that person... is herself.

N: What the hell was that, Sarah???

J: You said a curse!

N: You never, ever do that again! Do you hear me? Never again. I swear I'll never let you come here again. It's not this way that you can get things, much less lying. If she believed I beat you, the police would take you away from me and you'd never see me again. Would you like that to happen? Would you???

Sarah made negative with her head.

N: I am very disappointed with you, Sarah. I can't even look at you right now. That was bad, you were a bad, very bad girl!

Sarah lowered her head, it didn't take long and she started to cry softly and this time the cry was real.

N: Don't!

Natasha rolled her eyes and walked to her bedroom.

If she is thinking that I am moved by her tears, she is very much mistaken. Natasha thought.

James appeared at the bedroom door.

J: Hm... Mom?

James was a bit scared of Natasha. Natasha was with her back to James and didn't answer him.

J: Can I watch TV?

N: Yes. Go...

James came back in the living room and Sarah was curled up on the living room floor, hugging her knees.

James turned on the TV and looked at Sarah.

J: Sarah? Do you want to seethe cartoon?

Sarah made negative with her head, not looking at James.

J: C'mon. Don't be sad. I'll put it on the channel you like.

Natasha was doing her best to ignore Sarah. She went to the window and took a pair of binoculars to look at the street and the other buildings.

What the fuck, what am I feeling? Natasha didn't understand the suffocation sensation she was having in her chest, it was as if she couldn't breathe right.

Natasha walked to the door and then looked at Sarah standing in the same place on the floor, huddled and sniffing from crying.

Natasha rolled her eyes and walked around the room.

No, no, what she did was wrong. She has to learn. No, Natasha, no. Damn it, Natasha! Natasha thought as she walked into the living room, she caught Sarah in her lap and laid her head on her shoulder.

Natasha stroked Sarah's back until she stopped sobbing. Then she sat down on the couch and left her sitting on her leg.

Sarah still had her head on Natasha's shoulder. Natasha looked at her.

N: Do you know why I fought with you?

Sarah nodded.

Sarah: The cat.

N: Yes, because of the cat and because you lied about me hurting you. You can't do that and I don't want to fight with you again and I don't want you to cry, but you can't dare me like you did, I'm your mother. Understood?

Sarah nodded and her last tear rolled down her face, Natasha wiped her cheek with her hand and kissed her forehead.

N: Do you want to watch the cartoon?

Sarah nodded.

N: Okay, let's watch with James.

James lay down on the couch and laid his head on Natasha's leg. Natasha let out a small sigh and she smile, feeling cozy with their children with her in there.

N: I'm hungry. Who wants pizza?

Sarah: Me, me!

J: Me!!!

N: Alright. I'll order now.

Natasha ordered for two pizzas over the phone for them to have lunch and in the evening she asked for two more for them to dine.

The kids were enjoying eating so much crap in one day.

Natasha played video games with James, she helped Sarah draw, she kept very busy with them. L

Later at night, Natasha was on the phone with Hill, and James as always, was in front of the TV. Sarah had gone to Natasha's bedroom for over one hour, but Natasha didn't even care to go there to check her, she thought Sarah had fallen asleep or something.

Natasha left the phone and looked at James.

N: Okay. I guess it's time to sleep, so I'll fix everything here for you to sleep. Where's Sarah?

J: In your bedroom, I guess.

Natasha walked into the bedroom and she widened her eyes, seeing that Sarah was scribbling across the walls of her bedroom.

Sarah looked at Natasha and smiled broadly.

Sarah: Look mama, I made it for you.

Natasha put her hand on her forehead and she was going to fight Sarah, but there were so many hearts on the wall and Sarah's smile was so sincere... Sarah really wanted to do something special for Natasha and that touched Natasha immensely.

N: I...

Natasha sighed.

N: I loved it.

Sarah smiled even more. She asked for a lap and Natasha picked her up and hugged her tightly.

Natasha walked into the living room with her and put her on the couch.

Natasha took out mats and bedding. She spread the mats on the floor.

J: Will we sleep on the floor?

James was already twisting his nose.

N: Yes.

J: But...

Natasha looked at James.

N: Would you rather go home?

James shook his head.

Natasha arranged everything.

N: You can lie down.

Sarah took off her shoes and jumped from one mat to another.

N: Sarah it's time to sleep now. Stop jumping.

Sarah sat down and then lay down. James lay down beside her. Natasha was going to turn out the light, but she looked at James and identified fear in his eyes.

She turned on the hallway light and turned off the living room lights. James was totally relieved now. Natasha winked at him and he smiled.

Natasha went to the bedroom and the kids went to sleep. Everything was going very well. Better than the expected.

Natasha was already in bed, trying to sleep, it was about 1am. Suddenly Natasha hears Sarah crying, Natasha ran up and went into the living room.

N: Sarah?

Sarah: Daddy!

Natasha approached her and took her in her lap, placing a hand on her head.

N: Shh... you're going to wake James up.

Natasha took her to her bedroom and sat with her on the mattress.

Sarah: Daddy, Daddy.

N: Sarah, shhh... Daddy's home, tomorrow you'll see him.

It didn't do any good for Natasha to say that, Sarah cried even more. She never spent the night in a strange place before, either she sleeps at Cindy's house or at home with Steve.

Natasha reached for her cell phone and called Steve. Steve answered the call almost immediately, he was kind expecting that something would happen during all day.

S: Nat, did anything happen?

N: Yes! Sarah has woken up now and she is crying, wanting you.

S: Okay, just get her pacifier in her backpack.

N: Okay, but don't leave the phone.

Natasha left Sarah on the mat and ran to the living room to pick the pacifier.

Sarah picked up the phone, that Natasha left on the mattress and started crying again, calling Steve.

Sarah: Daddy! I want to go home. Come pick me...

S: Sarah, listen to me, it's okay, Mom's there. Stop crying. I'll get you tomorrow morning very early. You will sleep and when you wake up I'll be right there with you.

Sarah totally ignored what Steve said and continued to cry and louder.

Natasha came back running and stuffed the pacifier in Sarah's mouth, but when Natasha picked up the phone and called Steve's name, Sarah spat the pacifier and started crying again.

N: Oh my God! Oh my God! Steve, you have to come here!

S: Natasha...

N: Please! Come here!!! I don't know what to do! I need your help! I'm desperate! Pleaseee!

S: Okay. Give me half an hour and I'll be there.

N: Okay.

Natasha hung up and took Sarah in her lap again. She gave her pacifier again and laid her on her lap.

N: Okay, done, Daddy's coming. Don't cry anymore Please, I can't stand you crying.

Now Sarah was just grunting, looking at Natasha.

Natasha went to the living room and rocked her in the lap, because that made Sarah quieter. Fifteen minutes later, Sarah fell asleep again.

Natasha breathed a sigh of relief.

Steve rang the bell.

Natasha put Sarah back on the mat and opened the door.

S: Emergency.

N: Oh, thank God, Steve!

S: Where is she?

N: She just fell asleep.

S: See? That's how it is, she is not used to this apartment, but having you here she would go back to sleep for sure. No need to panic.

N: I almost died!

Steve laughed at Natasha. He didn't even enter the apartment.

S: Well, I'm going then.

Natasha hold Steve's wrist and he looked into her eyes instantly.

N: Please don't.

S: She's fine.

N: She can wake up. It would be better if you were already here.

S: Natasha...

N: Steve... Please. Just this time

Steve sighed and Natasha's eyes were pleading.

N: Don't go.

Steve nodded, he came in and closed the door.

Steve looked at James and Sara asleep on the floor and smiled, then he looked at the two-seater couch and was already wondering how badly he would sleep there.

Natasha was watching him and understood what he was thinking.

N: You can sleep with me.

Steve looked at her with raised eyebrows.

N: I mean just sleep. It's one night... There is no problem, right?

S: I don't think so.

Natasha was a little embarrassed and even regretted to mention only sleeping, because she knows herself very well. Natasha walked into her bedroom and Steve followed her.

S: You need to buy a bed.

N: On the floor is better.

Dammit, Natasha. Natasha blamed herself for releasing that phrase, it was totally double-entender, so much that Steve is flushed now.

N: It's safer. But I'll buy one when I have time.

S: I can help you with that.

N: Are you my husband or savior?

S: Maybe both.

They both grinned at each other until they could no longer smile, just to look at each other. A heavy tension took place in that bedroom.

Natasha let out a long breath and walked to the mattress, lying down on it. Steve remained still watching her for a while, he was sure he could reach her now if she hadn't looked away. It seems that she forces herself to block him in her heart.

Steve took off his shoes and shirt.

Natasha saw him shirtless and opened her mouth.

N: I think you better get your shirt on.

S: I can't sleep dressed.

N: It's just that...

Steve picked the shirt and put it back. He lay next to Natasha and she placed the duvet covering them both.

Natasha lay on her side, with her back to Steve, and Steve lay with his belly up, but he watching Natasha and she could feel it.

Natasha closed her eyes tight and everything that went through her mind was: No, Natasha, no way this will happen again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 956 52
Steve walked in the Avengers tower with two children, his children. The question is: Who is their mom ? A.N. : This is the same story that I have pos...
337K 6.9K 18
A romanogers story. Natasha romanoff is pregnant, how would the avengers protect their first heir.
6.9K 218 19
(Romangers) Steve & Sharon were happily married, they had a son & daughter; James & Emma. But unfortunately for their family, Steve & Sharon divorce...
4.6K 157 30
How I imagine the timeline of Romanogers. Read to find out (post after Aou, before CA:CW) DISCLAIMER : I do NOT own anything inside except the story...