Waiting For Mr. Left (Interra...

By ImJustReese

**This is Book One of the Fighting Temptation Series.** Mr. Right...shouldn't it be Mr. Left? Since on your r... More

Copyright ©
Chapter 1: In Which I Am The Fifth Wheel...Again
Chapter 2: Clean Up On Aisle 4
Ch 3: Chancla Warrior Princess
Ch 4: Sculpted To Perfection
Ch 5: Muse
Ch 6: The Fire That Burned The Bridge
Ch 7: Man-date
Ch 8: Unexpected
Ch 9: I Got You Babe
Ch 10: Scrambled Not Powdered
Ch 11: Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Ch 12 Slurred Speech
Ch 13 A Paige From His Story
Ch 14: The Event That Shall Not Be Named
Ch 15: Special Delivery
Ch 16: No Doubt
Ch 17: He Loves Me
Ch 18 I Do
Ch 20: The Secret Is Out
NOT AN UPDATE
Ch 22: At Last
NOT AN UPDATE...WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Ch 19: Back to Basics

1.5K 97 17
By ImJustReese

HEY AWESOMETTES & AWESOMITES!!! I THANK GOD FOR ALL OF YOU STICKING WITH ME ON THIS STORY. I HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED IT. I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU GUYS. IF NOT, YOU CAN MESSAGE ME IF YOU NEED TO TALK.

BIBLE STUDY WAS INCREDIBLE THIS WEEK. PASTOR KEN TAUGHT ON 'CONQUERING the spirit of mammon: THE 5 STEPS'.

STEP 1: RECOGNIZE/REMEMBER YOUR IDENTITY IN CHRIST

STEP 2: LOCATE WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS

STEP 3: DECIDE WHO YOU ARE GOING TO SERVE; GOD OR mammon

STEP 4: TAKE NO THOUGHT/ DON'T WORRY/ DON'T BE ANXIOUS FOR ANYTHING

STEP 5: SEEK THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND SEEK IT FIRST

HOLD ON! HOW MANY OF YOU ARE WORLD CHANGERS? IF ANY? IF SO, YOU ALREADY GOT THIS MESSAGE. IF NOT, AND YOU'D LIKE TO LEARN MORE GO TO

I KID YOU NOT, I HAVE STARTED ENJOYING LIFE A LOT MORE SINCE PASTOR DOLLAR BEGAN THIS SERIES IN MARCH. I FEEL FREER...IS THAT A WORD? FREE-ER...? YA'LL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

WHERE WE LEFT OFF ON WAITING FOR MR. LEFT...

Angelo and Nahia are on a first class flight to Greece for their honeymoon. They will be spending two weeks in a luxurious sea view villa, that was rented for them by Momma G and Stefano, in Kokkino Chorio. It has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, the master suite has a private balcony overlooking the sea. There's an outdoor kitchen, a heated pool, a hot tub, and a private pool. Calvin and Simone have paid for them to have a gourmet chef cater to them for their entire stay. Omar and Miles have paid for them to be chauffeured around for their entire stay. Kamari & Alexis have paid for their first class round trip flights. And Bruce and Marquis have paid for them to have unlimited visits to the local spa for their entire stay.

"Lord you are good." Nahia says, sighing in bliss.

"Amen." He lifts their hands to his lips and places a delicate kiss to the back of hers.

AFTER THE FLIGHT

They pick up their bags from baggage claim and set off to find their chauffeur. They are pleasantly surprised when they spot the chauffeur not long after.

"Good morning Mr. & Mrs. Flores. I am Paulo, your driver." He tips his hat and bows slightly. Greeting them with a heavy Greek accent.

Nahia smiles. "Kalimera Paulo!" (Good Morning)

He smiles brightly at her. "Very good. Mrs. Flores."

She frowns. "Call me Nahia. This is my husband Angelo." She says sending a wink at Angelo.

Angelo blushes, before turning his attention to Paulo. "Nice to meet you Paulo. Efcharisto." (Thank you)

Paulo smiles, nodding. "The pleasure is mine, Nahia and Angelo. May I take your bags?"

"Oh! Yes, thank you." Angelo says handing the suitcases to Paulo to put in the boot. (I know it's trunk, but I've always wanted to call it a boot like a Brit. Brit moment over, sorry.)

After opening the door for them to get into the car, he puts their luggage in the trunk and gets back into the driver's seat. After driving for a few minutes...

"Paulo, how far away is the villa from here?" Angelo asks.

Paulo smiles. "A few hours drive. Luckily, you'll be taking a helicopter there. We are almost there. Just a few more minutes."

Angelo looks down at Nahia, tucked under his arm. "A helicopter?" Thank you, Omar and Miles.

She smiles up at him. "I can't wait."

His heart melts in his chest. "If you smile like that every time. I'll get a license to fly one, and buy one."

She giggles. "You don't have to."

He smiles, and kisses her temple. "I love you Mrs. Flores."

She looks up into his eyes. "I love you more Mr. Flores." She sits a little straighter so she can reach his lips. Their kiss is brief.

Seconds later, Paulo opens the door. "We are here. I have already handed your bags to the pilots. Enjoy your stay in the villa. It was a pleasure meeting you both."

Nahia is a little sad. "You're not coming with us Paulo?"

Paulo smiles. "I am afraid not. But, Marius and Andrei will take great care of you." He says glancing behind them.

They follow his line of vision and see two males approaching.

"Welcome to Greece Mr. and Mrs. Flores. I am Marius, the co-pilot." Says the younger looking of the two. "And this is my father, Andrei, your pilot." He motions to the large man silent man next to him.

They greet one another, and say their goodbyes to Paulo. They follow the two men back to the helicopter. Soon they are on their way to honeymoon villa.

BACK IN THE STATES

"Alexis! We have been having the same argument for like three months now. I said it twice, and I'll say it again. I love you with all of my heart, but I DO NOT want to get married. Ever! Nor do I want kids. Don't get me wrong baby. I like kids, love them in fact, but I do not want children of my own. I don't need the extra headaches."

She nods silently from the couch.

He grabs his keys. "I need to go for a drive. I'll be back later." He kisses the top of her head, grabs his phone and walks out the door.

She sits there in silence, tears rolling down her face. She goes to the bathroom and washes her face. She then goes to the kitchen and grabs a bottle of water. Once she finishes it, she picks up her phone and dials.

After the second ring, the person answers. "Hey Puddin'!"

Alexis smiles. "Hey Ma." (Alexis' Mom Above)

She puts her cup of tea down on the table. "What's wrong sweetie?"

"Nothing Ma. Can't I call just to hear your voice?" She says with a sad smile.

She rolls her eyes with a smile. "Yes you can, but you did that yesterday. I'm your mother. I carried your impatient little butt in my womb for 34 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, and 43 minutes..."

Alexis chuckles, making her way back to the living room.

"... and I know when something is wrong with my baby...talk to me."

She shrugs. "...he doesn't want to marry me, nor does he want children. I...I don't know what to do Ma." Her eyes fill with tears. "I love him so much, but...the future that I want...he doesn't." Her voice cracks at the end.

"Oh baby. I so sorry. I wish I could tell you what to do, but that is completely up to you."

Alexis doesn't say anything for a while. She paces the living room. "I...I-I don't know." She takes a seat on the couch.

"Baby, no one can make the decision for you. You have to do that all on your own. And I know it hurts. I wish I could take the pain away and make it all better. But...I can't do that."

She sniffles.

"I have an idea.."

"...what?"

"Come stay here for a while, just to clear your head. You can stay in the pool house. Your car is still here. I know your daddy misses you."

She thinks for a while. "Okay."

"I'll see you soon baby. Let me know when you get your itinerary. I'm pretty sure your daddy would love to come get his sweet pea."

She giggle. "I will Ma. I love you."

"I love you more."

They hang up. Alexis takes a few moments to plan her next steps. She walks into Bruce's study and takes out a pen and a notepad, and begins to write.

Bruce,

I don't know what to say. I don't understand why you don't want the future with me, that I want with you...

She tears the sheet out and throws it away. Beginning again.

Bruce,

Why?

She tears that one out and throws it out.

Bruce,

I need time. Don't try to contact me. I'm borrowing your duffel bag. You can pick it up at my place later. See in a few weeks.

Alexis

She leaves the pen and notepad there on his desk. She walks to his bedroom, takes his largest duffel bag and stuffs all of her things in it from his closet and her toiletries. She then, heads down the stairs. She picks up her phone and dials her assistant.

After one ring she answers. "Ms. King?"

"Hey Regina. I need to be on the next flight to Miami. One way, I don't know when I'll be back."

"Buuu...what about the spring collection? You haven't finished the sketches yet."

She laughs as she locks Bruce's front door. "When have I ever finished the sketches ahead of schedule?"

Regina sighs. "You're right. I thought we would be able to this year, since you only have three more to do."

Alexis chuckles, as she opens her passenger side door. Lifting the duffel into it, and then shutting it. "Don't worry. You know I never travel without a sketchbook. Plus, it's not like I can't email the remaining sketches to you, with the details while I'm away." She gets into her champagne colored Lexus, and starts the engine. The call immediately connects to her bluetooth. She pulls out of the driveway, making her way to her condo.

"I found you a 3:45pm flight to Miami. Is that too soon?"

Alexis looks at the time. "It's 1:16p. No, I should be able to make that. Have a cab pick me up at 2:40p."

"Yes Ma'am. Do you need me to rent a car, or have a cab pick you up at the airport?"

"No. Thank you though. See you in a few weeks Regina."

"Safe travels. Call if you need anything."

Alexis smiles. "Will do." She ends the call and dials Kamari.

"Hey BOO!!!"

"Damn Kami! Can you let the phone ring?"

"Bish what? I answer too soon, you complain. I let it ring more then three times, you complain. How about you don't call me, I'll call you?"

Alexis laughs. "I would but I needed to call you. This stays between me and you okay?"

"Who am I tellin' Lex?"

"I'm just checkin' damn! Anyways, I'm going to Miami for a few weeks. I'll call you later with the whole story. I'm just letting you know, so you don't have the FBI looking for my fine ass."

Kamari doesn't say anything for a few moments. "Okay. I know it has to do with Bruce. Take all the time you need, but don't forget to call me. I'll let Nai and Daddy O know, just in case Bruce calls panicking."

"Thank you. I won't. I love you Boo."

"I love you too. Be safe. Tell Ma and Dad I said hi."

"I will."

They end the call just as Alexis pulls into her Condominium parking space. She exits the car. One of the guards on duty comes over to help her get the duffel bag out of the passenger side.

"Thank you Lawrence."

"You're welcome Ms. King." He says with a smile, before returning to his post.

A FEW HOURS LATER

Alexis is seated on the balcony of the two story pool house, overlooking the beach. Next to her is a bottle of wine, some dark chocolate and a book. She sits in silence, listening to the rolling waves. She hears heavy footsteps approaching. She doesn't need to turn around to know that her father is there.

"Hey King Daddy."

"Hey Sweet Pea." He takes a seat on the nearby love seat, and pats the space next to him. (Alexis' Dad Below)

She gets up and takes the seat, leaning into him. He immediately wraps a fatherly arm around her. Neither say anything. They just watch the moon reflecting in the water.

"What size casket should I get for the body?"

She laughs, he joins her.

Once they sober up she speaks. "No caskets Daddy."

He sighs, pulling her closer. "Are you sure? I can get a good deal from Tom. You know he owns a funeral home. I can get a package deal. He owes me for fixing his car more times than I'd like to count."

She smiles up at him. "I'm sure Daddy."

"Alright. Well, at least tell me he's suffering as much as you are right now."

She leans her head on his chest. "I don't know. I told him not to contact me. That I needed time."

"Time for..."

"To think. The future I want with him...isn't the future he wants with me. Not entirely anyways."

"And what future is that?"

"He loves me. At least he says so. But he doesn't want to get married, and he doesn't want to have children."

"Have you asked him why?"

"I never get the chance to. We usually just argue, he leaves for a couple hours. When he comes back...it's like the conversation never happened....until it does again." She wraps her arms around him, resting her chin on his chest, looking into his eyes. "I don't know what to do."

"I'll tell you one thing. He's running from something." He scratches his beard. "And until you find out what-if you ever do, you two will keep running around in circles."

She frowns in thought.

He kisses her frown. "The question is...are you willing to give up your dream of being a mother and a wife, to be with the man you love? Or, is he willing to overcome his fears for you?"

She shifts her head to rest over his heart. "I wish I knew the answer to that."

He chuckles. "You don't have to know right away Sweet Pea. Just know that whatever decision you make, your mother and I will support you 100%." He rubs her arm comfortingly.

"I love you Daddy."

He smiles. "I love you so much more Sweet Pea." He kisses her head.

BACK IN CHARLOTTE

Bruce arrives home to find all of the lights off. He drops his keys in the bowl.

"Babe!" He makes his way to his bedroom thinking Alexis is asleep. When he gets there, his is disappointed when he finds she there. He drops the flowers he has in his hands on her side of them bed and his phone on the nightstand, making a mental note to see her tomorrow morning. He walks into his closet, to get a change of clothes to sleep in.

"What the f..." He notices all of her clothes missing. He rushes out of the closet the bathroom. He finds all of her toiletries gone.

"F*** F*** F*** F***!" He walks into his bedroom to retrieve his phone.

He dials her number. It goes straight to voicemail. "Alexis! Baby! Call me please!" He hangs up and paces for over an hour waiting for her to call him back.

He looks at the time on his phone. It's 10:48pm. "F*** it." He puts his phone in his pocket, grabs the flowers, rushes out of the room, grabs his keys and runs out the door. He hops in his car and speedily makes his way to her condo.

He is greeted by the guards. "Good Evening Mr. Black."

"Good Evening Kevin, Lawrence. She in for the night?"

They share a look. "Uhh, no Sir. She caught a cab a few hours ago, to the airport."

He sighs in relief, thinking she had an emergency flight somewhere and just forgot to tell him. "Okay. Have a good evening then." He walks back to his car, less panicked than before. "She must be asleep. I'll call her in the morning." He makes his way back home.

THE NEXT MORNING

Bruce leans on his desk. He's read the note in front of him at least 100 times, but he can't wrap his mind around it. "She left..."

IN GREECE

Angelo walks along the beach. He picks up his phone and dials Miles' number.

"Do you not know what time it is right now? Why are you calling me? You are supposed to be balls deep in you wife right now. I wasn't supposed to hear from you until at least next week."

"About that..."

"Don't tell me it's her time of the month. That sucks. Worst honeymoon ever. I mean if you do it in the shower, it's not that bad."

"Eww. Miles, that's not it."

"Then what is it. Did you break your dick?"

Angelo hangs his head in frustration. "If you would shut up, I could tell you."

"Fine. Tell me please."

He looks around the private beach. "...I have no idea what to do..."

Miles is silent for a few moments. Then he cracks up laughing. "I forgot your Mr. July, model ass was all pure and sh**."

He face palms. "Are you going to help me or not?"

Still chuckling. "Alright alright. Wait. Can I just take a moment to appreciate this situation though. It's usually me asking you for advice, but now it's my turn to aid you with my sexual expertise."

"Miles!" He whisper shouts.

"Alright, I'm done. Can I share this at your 50th wedding anniversary?"

"Miles!"

"Sorry...sheesh..." Miles sits up in his bed. "Alright, sit down and take notes noobie..."

After a very long, very verbally detailed, very colorful conversation with Miles...

"...and so I know it did a good job if she does that?" He asks confused. "That makes no sense."

"It will, trust me. Have I ever steered you wrong-don't answer that. The point is, trust me on this. I know my sh**. If you don't believe me, I have a long list of satisfied ladies that will vouch for me."

"Nope. I'm good. I'm probably not going to do at least 40% of what you told me. Because I'm pretty sure, God would not approve. But the other 60%...I'm pretty sure your verbal imagery has branded it into my mind so deeply, I'll never be able to forget it."

"Always here to help." He says with a smile. "Now, get your ass back to MG. I better not hear from you for at least another week. If I do, you did it wrong and we have to go back to basics, because you obviously missed something. I'm going back to sleep."

"Miles."

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

"Yeah yeah. Go make Big Daddy proud."

"Did you have to make it weird?"

"Your life would suck if I wasn't weird."

"Good night, well morning Miles."

"Later."

The call ends. Angelo looks down at his phone. "Lord, please don't let me do something to my wife that displeases you."

He makes his way back to their villa, knowing Nahia should be up by now.

HOW WAS THAT CHAPTER? TOO SHORT? TOO LONG? BORING?

I KNOW YOU'RE WONDERING ABOUT BRUCE AND ALEXIS. I PROBABLY WON'T WRITE ABOUT THEM ANYMORE FOR THE REST OF THE BOOK. THEY'LL BE IN THE SEQUEL.

LOVE YOU AWESOMETTES & AWESOMITES!!

BACI BACI

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7M 193K 51
"What if the right person is also your Mr. So Wrong?" *** Her lips touched and teased and coaxed him and he felt her touch in every cell and every bo...
1.1K 37 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
217K 15.9K 60
I didn't ask to be born into this world, none of us did but we make the best of it. I'm a twenty-five year old single man. Why you may ask? Because I...
12.9K 285 50
As I stare at myself in the mirror, I don't even recognize the reflection. I'm a married woman, and I can't get over that. I'm only wearing red lace...