The True Happiness

By 1Dneverland

Hanna Evans is a normal girl with a huge love for books, instilled by her grandfather. Searching for somethin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19 (Alex special)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Second Part - Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Alex)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 18

115 1 0
By 1Dneverland

October 18, 2009

10:21 p.m.

“This has been the best plan I've devised,” Audrey threw herself into her bed while smiling.

“Well, it was easier than I thought.”

“They canceled the trip, you got out her secret and you fucked her. The best plan in the world.”

“You say that because you were not who carried her.”

“Stop complaining because you won something too,” Audrey winked.

“I’ve never had to do that much for sex,” I seethe.

“Well now she has her foot plastered and she can’t move. I think this can’t be better.”

“That wasn’t in the plan,” I muttered.

“You care about her?”

“No, but...”

“There’s no excuse. Stop acting like a girl,” she rolled her eyes.

“I’m not acting like a girl. You're too grumpy today.”

“Stop whining and go visit your new bitch,” she pushed me out of her room and closed the door.

I smiled and ran my hands through my hair. I climbed the stairs to the attic to go to Alex's room. I had to make a visit to my "new bitch," like Audrey said. I opened the door to Alex’s room. She was lying in bed reading a book with headphones on. Her plastered foot was on a pillow.

She was wearing shorts and a simple shirt. Her fingernails were painted black. I went to the bed and I slowly lay on top of her. She looked at me with wide eyes.

“Hi Alex,” said and she smiled.

“Hello Niall.”

“How’s your foot?”

“Good, it almost doesn’t hurt.”

“I see that you can’t move a lot,” I smiled.

“That’s because you’re on top of me,” she complained.

I leaned over her and brushed my lips against the skin of her neck. Alex sighed and tangled her fingers in my hair. I started kissing her skin.

“Delicious,” I whispered against her ear and she moaned.

“I thought you were going to buy your bike,” she said.

“I’m going to buy it, but before I had to come to visit you,” I whispered against her skin.

“Come to visit me?”

“Mhm... You and your delicious skin.”

“We should stop,” she muttered.

“Why?” I asked her.

“It’s not okay.”

“That isn’t what you said on Friday,” I reproach her.

“Friday was a mistake,” she looked into my eyes.

I frowned and stood up. She sat on the bed.

“You are right. Friday was a mistake. I must have been really desperate to fuck you.”

“Don’t mess with me.”

“I’m not messing with you, I just telling the truth. Don’t reproach me a thing because I didn’t forced you and if I remember well you were more desperate than I was.”

“I didn’t force you either.”

“Don’t play to be the fool. What happens is that you are still in love with Nick and that’s why you feel guilty,” I accused her.

“That’s not true. You know nothing.”

“I know more than you think.”

“That’s not true. I’m not your slut and I don’t want to do a thing with you. Now, go away,” she said. Her breathing was heavy.

I left the room without saying a word. This was getting complicated and controlling her even more difficult.

This afternoon Dad took me to buy my bike. The mechanic promised that all the modifications will be ready by next week. When we got home I didn’t feel like going upstairs to my room, not after what had happened with Alex. I went down to the basement and turned on the light. The small bulb barely lit up the room.

I walked to the far corner, dodging all the boxes. I removed the sheet, leaving the piano in sight. It was covered in dust but the inscription could still be read. "Elizabeth." I never learned to play it, but I remember how mom played perfectly as moving her fingers gently over the keys. I sighed.

“What are you doing downstairs?” One of my brothers asked from the door.

“None of your business,” I answered dryly.

I covered the piano and went up the stairs, closing the basement door behind me.

October 19, 2009

6:30 p.m.

“I can’t believe that you got lost in the woods,” Liam told me smiling.

“It wasn’t funny,” I complained.

Only Audrey, Liam and I were there. Audrey was resting on the wall in front of Liam and me.

“It all was part of the plan,” Audrey dismissed it; she took my cigarette and took a drag.

“What plan?” Liam asked.

Audrey smiled, expelling the smoke. She rolled her eyes.

“We made a plan to make... a little joke to Alex.”

“And what Niall has to do in your plan?”

“He entangles Alex in the game for all the plan works. But, shh, you cannot say anything,” Audrey put a finger on top of Liam’s lips.

Liam smiled, maybe thinking it was just a game or a harmless little joke. He really couldn’t imagine what was in the mind of Audrey.

“I bet a hundred that Niall fails,” Liam said, continuing the "harmless" game.

“We’ll see that,” Audrey winked.

Louis came holding Alex’s books. She walked with crutches, causing her skirt to swing every time she took a step.

“Hi,” Louis greeted.

He helped Alex to sit down. She smiled to him.

“Thanks,” Alex placed her crutched next to her.

“I see that it wasn’t a good weekend for you,” Liam commented.

“I know,” she looked the cast.

“How long you have to be like this?”

“Just a couple of weeks.”

Louis sits next to her. Liam looks at her and smiles, probably remembering what Audrey had said. We were there until classes began. Liam patted my back before heading to his locker. I watched as Louis helped Alex. Poor fool.

“Niall,” Audrey called me and I turned on my heels exasperated.

“What the hell do you want? I already have done more than we had planned.”

“There’s nothing planed. You are inside this; you can’t change your mind.”

“What's this? The mafia?”

“Do not play the funny. Now, if Louis creates a close bond with Alex that will complicate us everything.”

“And what do you want me to do?”

“I want you to do what Louis is doing,” Audrey told me and rolled her eyes.

“Okay, now stop bothering me,” I said and turned to go to class.

In Biology I sat next to Alex. She shifted in her seat uncomfortable.

“Why the long face?” I asked and she turned to me.

“I feel uncomfortable,” she said looking her plastered foot.

“Or are you thinking in other thing?” I raised a brow.

“Stop talking about that. I think that I left everything very clear,” she said.

We talked quietly so the teacher didn’t get angry.

“Why you do not want anything with me? You seemed really pleased,” I teased her.

“What happens is that I feel that there is an abyss between us and not want to fall,” she whispered.

We both sat in silence the rest of the class. When the teacher told us we could leave I took Alex's books. She looked at me.

“What are you doing?”

“Helping you to cross the abysm.”

“I’m tired,” Hanna complains.

“Just a few more minutes and your father will come to pick you up,” James tells her.

“I think I’ve never read so much in a say.”

“I think that too, dear.”

“Do you think the book will get more interesting?”

“We’ll see that.”

(Hi!! Sorry for not updating but I've been very busy. I'm doing my best to update. please give feedback(vote and comment) :)!! Love you all xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407K 15.5K 62
harry doesn't know what to expect when louis moves into the apartment beside his, but he definitely didn't expect hallway kisses and mysterious packa...
1.8K 59 22
When she is forced to go live with her father in England, Bethany Thompson thinks her life is over. On her first day she makes a new friend and meet...
7.6K 180 28
CREDITS TO @wolfluvermh for the trailer. Go check her out! "How does he know us, Pats? He's frikkin' famous!" Hanna's squealing in excitement, we sta...
2.8K 149 13
"Being the boy everyone lusts for just cause I'm the president's son isn't as easy as it looks mate." "Thought you said you were gay?" Liam asks as h...