Chasing family

By gwenfanatic

More

The begining
Choosing to fight and fighting to stay
Slushies, smiles, and movies
20 questions
Breaking out and staying in
Taking care
Perseverance, patience, and pride
Pushing to hard
Making it official
Meet the parents
Running
Back to the start
Rebuilding
Milestone
Life begins
Let Me Love You
My inspiration
Planning Ahead
Trusting in Truth

Not Worth It

400 5 1
By gwenfanatic

Blake woke up extra early this morning. He was gonna give Gwen a day she would never forget. It had been a week since her last treatment. He still couldn't believe she was done. She fought so hard this whole time and now it's time for her to celebrate that fight paying off. He is gonna make sure she has a stress free fun day. To start off he is making her breakfast in bed. French toast, a medley of fruits, and a small yogurt was the spread that was in store for Gwen. Blake had also managed to get Gwen flowers delivered this morning. He sets the tray up perfectly. This day has to be perfect. When he walks in the room Gwen is still asleep. It kills him to wake her but to have this day play out perfectly she is gonna have to wake up and get moving. He places the tray on the foot of the bed walking to her side of the bed, funny he thinks that they already have sides of the bed. He bends over her sleeping form and plants a kiss on her cheek.

"Gwen, sunshine, wake up baby. It's time for breakfast." Blake tells her before going in to kiss her cheek again

She surprises him however turning her head making his lips connect with hers.

"Good morning Blakey. Why are you waking me up? What time is it?"

"Today is a special day darling. I have so much planned it's gonna be the perfect day."

"Oooo what are we doing?"

"That my darling is for me to know and for you to find out."

"Blakeeeeeeeey how am I supposed to know what to wear?"

"Wear clothes that you will be comfortable outside in, oh and walking shoes not your heels." He chuckles

"You like my heels don't lie. I saw you staring when I wore them."

"Hey I'm only a man. Now let's eat so we can get ready." Blake says moving the tray to her lap

"Oh my gosh Blake. You made all this for me?"

"I did. Breakfast in bed for my love."

A tear escapes her eye and rolls down her cheek.

"Hey I hope that's a happy tear." He says looking at her with what can only be described as love

"No one has ever done anything like this for me before."

"Well sunshine you better get used to it."

They ended up sharing breakfast considering Gwen hadn't eaten that much in months. When they finished, Blake took the tray downstairs to unload and clean it. When he heard the shower come on he reached for his phone. Blake had a plan for tonight but he needed some help.

"Hello" Justine answers

"Hey Justine, it's Blake, Gwen's boyfriend."

"Hey Blake. How are you?"

"I'm good. Just wondering if you would be up for helping me surprise Gwen?"

"Always! So what's the plan cowboy?"

Blake explains what he has planned and Justine jumps at the chance to help.

"Blake I really need to thank you for taking care of her. We have known each other for so long and I can honestly say I have never seen her so happy."

"I'm the lucky one. She is amazing and I have never met anyone like her."

"Well I hope you guys have a great day."

"Thank you"

Blake hangs up satisfied that the evening will be perfect. He heads up the stairs to get ready himself.
                                                    ....................................................
"Blake are you gonna tell me where we are going?"

"You will see, but first we need to pick Jen and your brother up."

"They are coming with us?"

"Yeah I thought it would be nice for us to get to hangout with them. Gives them a chance to get to know me better and me get to know them."

"Have I told you how amazing you are."

They pull into Gwen's brother's driveway. Jen and Todd both climb in the back seat. Gwen immediately turns around in her seat looking to Jen.

"Do you know where we are going?" She asks her sister-in-law

"I do but I'm under strict instruction not to tell you." Gwen huffs and turns back around in her seat

Blake chuckles at Gwen's childish display of frustration and reaches over to her taking her hand. Blake knows his plan is about to be discovered as signs give it away.

"You're taking us to Disney???" Gwen suddenly exclaims

"Yeah I thought you would enjoy going. I have never been so you will have to show me the ropes."

"It's been years since we have been. That was always my favorite part of summer, our parents used to bring us here. Thank you Blakey."
                                          .............................................................
Inside the park the girls needed to use the restroom so the boys were left waiting for them. This is the first time Blake had been around Todd, so to say he was nervous doesn't begin to explain his current state.

"While the girls aren't here, I would really like to thank you for everything you have done for my sister."

"There is no need to thank me buddy. I love her."

"My sister means the world to me. We have always been close and I was heart broken when her ex drove her away from us. So I owe you for giving me my sister back." Todd says sticking his hand out for Blake to shake

Blake takes his hand shaking it. Blake is taken aback because he really doesn't take the credit for that. Yes he encouraged it and helped Gwen to get there. However he never once thought about being the reason she went back to her family. He did what any man would do. Right?

"I don't want credit for that. She needed you guys and I just did what was right."

"I do have to lay this out to you, it's my duty as the brother. When Gwen loves she loves with her whole self. From what I have seen of her with you, she loves you unlike anyone she has ever loved. If you hurt her you need to know that you will break her. I'm not sure she could come back from a hurt that deep."

"Todd you don't have to worry about that. I know everyone says that but I couldn't be more genuine. If something were to happen and Gwen and I were no longer together, I wouldn't exist anymore. She is my world, my life, my everything. If I'm not with her I don't want to be here anymore. Life would be pointless without her."

"I'm glad to hear that man."

"Glad to hear what?" Gwen says as she walks up to the boys walking straight into Blake's open arms

"Oh nothing darling I was just telling Todd how well the lessons are going with Josh, Chuck's godson."

"Oh ok. Blakey?"

"Yes darling?"

"Can we take pictures in front of the castle?" She asks batting her eyelashes at him

Blake chuckles because like she really needs to bat those lash at him to get him to do what she wants.

"Anything you want sunshine."

Gwen squeals in excitement, pulling Blake down for a kiss. They walk holding hands to the castle. Gwen feels just like a little kid again. She remembers the times spent here with her family. She starts to feel herself get emotional. Suddenly Blake let's go of her hand. She is about to look at him to ask what's wrong when she feels his arm wrap around her waist and pull her into him. She is once again stunned at the fact that Blake knows her better than she even knows herself. They make it to the castle and Gwen can't help but smile.

"Jen can you take a few pictures for us?"

"Absolutely!"

Gwen pulls Blake closer to the castle. First they do a crazy pose. Gwen has her back against Blake's back and they both have the craziest looks on their face. Next they do the typical couple pose. Blake in the back wrapping his arms around her with her hands resting on his. The smiles on their faces are ones that show just how happy they truly are. Next they turn to each other and Gwen wraps her arms around Blake's neck kissing him. It starts off the innocent picture type kiss but it heats up pretty quickly when she parts her lips granting his tongue entry.

"Eeehhhhem, brother here. A ton of kids around you too." Todd says glad his sister is happy but grossed out cause that's his sister

They pull apart slightly out of breath. Gwen giggles when she sees how red Blake's face is. They walk hand in hand back to Todd and Jen. After riding some rides, they get some churros and make their way to the Matterhorn, one of Gwen's favorite rides. While they wait in line there isn't a second that goes by that they aren't touching in one way or another. Gwen starts to feel tired when they are about half way through the line. She leans on Blake, and just like the man who knows her so well, he wraps his arms around her and says

"Gwen are you ok? Do we need to sit down after this or do you want to leave? I shouldn't have brought ya here so soon. I knew your energy wouldn't be back to normal yet."

"Blake babe I'm ok." She reaches up over her shoulder rubbing his scruff

"I'm starting to get tired but I'm not ready to leave yet." Gwen says

"Sis you really shouldn't push yourself to much. We can always come back another day."  Todd points out his voice laced with concern

"He is right Gwen. We should leave after this ride. It's 5 o'clock anyway. We need to go eat dinner." Blake say

"Fine." Gwen says pouting some

The move through the line until its their turn to get on the ride. The move to get in the coaster car. When Blake sits down we all laugh. His knees are all the way against his chest. He looks like a giant sitting like that.

"Hey don't laugh! It's not my fault they make these damn things so small."

Still trying not to laugh Gwen says "aww Blakey it's ok. I think you look super cute sitting there"

Suddenly Blake doesn't mind how awkward sitting in this tiny seat might be. After the ride everyone starts making their way to the car.

"Where are we eating Blakey?"

"I figured I let you pick sunshine. You know more about what's around here."

"Let's go to the Hard Rock Cafe on Hollywood Blvd. Is that ok with you guys?"

"That works for us." Jen answers for Todd

"You got it sunshine."
                                                  ............................................
We all walked in to the hopping restaurant where we were told that there was a 20 minute wait which wasn't bad but if Gwen was being honest she was exhausted from walking around Disney all day. Todd and Jen went to look around in the gift shop and Gwen was about to force herself to keep going, not wanting to be a party pooper, until Blake her knight in shinning armor stepped in.

"Hey guys Gwen and I are gonna go sit and wait."

They nodded and kept going. Blake took Gwen's hand and led her to one of the sofas they have in the waiting area. He sat down on the one that was completely empty, but instead of sitting next to him Gwen planted herself on his lap resting her head on his shoulder. She was almost asleep when the pager went off letting them know their table was ready. Blake helped Gwen up calling Todd and Jen. The waitress led them to their table. Once they were settled and had given the waitress their drink order, Blake's goal of a stress free day ended. Gwen was cuddled into Blake's side when he walked up.

"Gwen? Is that you? What the he'll happened to you? You look awful." Her eyes snapped open and Blake feels the tension enter her body

He instantly looks to the man standing next to their table.

"Gavin." Todd says from across the table

There is a pit in Blake's stomach that suddenly opens. He instinctively wraps Gwen tighter. When he looks at Gwen all the color has drained from her face.

"Is this your new guy?" He ask before turning his attention to Blake

"Dude I'm not sure what your looking at. Like come on man. Don't you think you could do better than...that?"

Before Gavin can say anything else Blake warns him.

"Buddy watch your mouth. I'm telling you calmly right now to think before you say anything else."

"Dude just laying out for you that there are way better specimens than that bitch."

That's all it takes; Blake let's go of Gwen getting up and standing right in front of him. The shear size difference between the men is almost comical. Mr. Macho man all bulked up looks incredibly small next to Blake.

"I warned you buddy." Blake says before pulling back readying his fist for the blow

"Blake" that's all Gwen says her voice sounds scared

Blake swings his fist forward but stops short of the bastards face.

"You're not worth it." He said real close to Gavin's face

Blake turns and sits back down next to Gwen, pulling her into his lap. She buries her face in his neck. By this time security had reached the table and based off of other patrons reports escorted Gavin from the restaurant. Blake however was fully focused on Gwen, he missed everything after he pulled her in his lap.

"Shhh Gwen, I got you baby. I'm right here and I've got you. I love you."

He pulled her back from his chest wanting see her eyes, for her to see his.

"Gwen look at me. I. Love. You. Everything he said was a lie."

"Was it?"  She says barely audible

"Yes it was. You are beautiful...inside and out. Gwen baby I'm not ever going anywhere. I LOVE YOU."

"I love you too Cowboy." She said before returning her face to his neck.  He knew at some point he would have to help her talk this through for her to overcome it but for now he would comfort her quietly while they tried to finish their meal.  Maybe, just maybe, they could deal with this in the morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 5.7K 37
๐š๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐šž๐š
9.4K 306 20
ยซ unknown: im not miranda lol. ยป
15.9K 178 51