Better Man // A. Greizmann

By footballerbabe98

In which a fashion designer has to leave her boyfriend. More

Intro
1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
Epilogue

4.

354 13 0
By footballerbabe98

// And I know why we had to say goodbye //

Aveline sighed as she looked at the TV. It was the post-game interviews and analysis. Atletico beat Real in the Derby 4-1. Fernando scored twice, Antoine scored once, and Koke scored the final goal. She grinned watching Nando's goal celebrations--one was for Sofía and the other was for their baby. Aveline was thrilled with how well their relationship was going. They were strong and really loved each other.

"Now the big question of the game is, what on Earth did Sergio Ramos say to Antoine Griezmann to get the French man to punch him in the face?"

"Yeah that started quite the fight between the two teams."

"That was crazy from Griezmann who usually doesn't lose his temper like that."

Aveline scoffed and rolled her eyes as she kept watching the recaps. She could see Fernando trying to pull Antoine away from the fight. She was also curious as to what Sergio said to Antoine that made him sock him in the nose. She knew that he had a temper. He had once smacked her across the face during a particularly nasty fight they were having.

"I think it's interesting to point out that long-term girlfriend, Aveline Desrosiers, hasn't been at any of his home games recently."

"Of course not! I broke up with that asshole three months ago!" Aveline yelled at the TV.

"We go live to the pitch where Alexis is with the man of the match, Fernando Torres."

"Fernando, an amazing Derby at your home stadium," a perky blonde smiles.

"Oh yeah for sure. It's always great to play at home and win, but it's even better when the win is against Real," Fernando beamed.

"I do believe congratulations are in order if we got your celebration correct."

"Yes, my fiancée is currently six months pregnant with our first child," Fernando grinned happily.

"That's wonderful news, congratulations on the game and your baby!"

"Thank you; I'm really excited to be a padre. I just know Sofía is going to be an amazing madre!"

"I'm sure you two will have an adorable baby! We're all so excited for you."

"Thank you. I really am so blessed to have such a great fiancée! I can't wait to start a family with Sofía!"

"And a great family it will be. Now, Fernando, you have an important game against Bayern Munich coming up at home in the Champion's League on Wednesday, and then you're away against Sevilla on Saturday. How are you feeling about your next two games?"

"I'm feeling good. I think we're in a good place right now for the Champion's League. We're tied at the top of the table in our group with Bayern, so we're feeling confident, but not too cocky, about moving on to the knock out stage. Obviously, the game on Saturday will be more difficult without Antoine, but I'm sure our team will do great."

"Thank you, Fernando. And congrats on a fantastic game!"

Aveline half paid attention the other interviews. She started paying closer attention when she saw the replay of Antoine's goal. It was quite a good goal. The next replay was the fight. Aveline paid close attention. It was interesting. It looked like Real Madrid was getting ready to take a free kick. Sergio Ramos and Antoine were standing close together. Ramos covered his mouth and looked at Antoine. Suddenly Antoine rounded on Sergio and socked him in the nose hard. After that, a fight broke out. Red and yellow cards fly all over the place. Red for Antoine, Sergio, and Pepe, Yellow for Cristiano, Fernando, Nacho, Juanfran and Isco. 

"Another Madrid Derby, another fight," an announcer said.

"It is pretty typical to see these kinds of fights breaking out unfortunately."

"I actually think it'd be weird if they didn't happen. It's always extra interesting when there's a fight-" Aveline turned off the TV and went back to her room.

She sat down on the bed and just rubbed her temples. Seeing Antoine lose his temper like that took her back to times when he was like that with her. It was the worst part of the relationship for Aveline.

"YOU'RE BEING RIDICULOUS, ANTOINE! AXEL IS A DESIGNER TOO!"

"YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME!"

"I AM NOT! I WAS DOING MY JOB!"

"YOU'RE A DESIGNER; NOT A MODEL!"

"JUST SHUT UP AND KNOCK IT OFF!"

"YOU NEVER USED TO WANT TO MODEL BUT NOW YOU DO AS SOON AS THAT ASSHOLE COMES INTO THE PICTURE?!" Antoine yelled, the veins in his neck popping out.

"WE DID A COLLABORATION TOGETHER AND THEN A MAGAZINE COVER TO GET THE WORD OUT!"

"STOP LYING TO ME, AVELINE! IF YOU WANT TO BE WITH AXEL SO BADLY, JUST GO!"

"I LOVE YOU!"

"NO YOU DON'T!" Antoine screamed before smacking her across the face. Hard.

Aveline's hand flew to press against her face where Antoine had just smacked her. Wordlessly she left the room and grabbed her purse and keys. Antoine continued to yell and scream at her, but she just blocked it out. Aveline walked out the door to her car and got in. She turned the car on and began to drive away. She decided to go to Fernando's house so that she could talk to Sofía. It was a short ten minute drive over to their house.

"Siri, call Sof."

"Calling Sof."

"Hey, Aveline what's up?"

"Are you and Fernando home? I need to talk to you."

"Nando's home. I'm at the store. I'll be done in about twenty."

"Okay."

"I'll call Fernando and let him know."

"Okay, thank you. See you soon."

"See you soon."

Aveline drove in silence over to Fernando's house. She entered the code to the gate surrounding the house before parking. She locked the car and headed up to the door. She saw that the main door was open. Aveline opened the door with no problem.

"Nando?" She called.

"Hey Ave- Dios mío!" He broke off when he came around the corner, "Your face! What happened?!" He exclaimed grabbing her hand and dragging her into the kitchen.

"Antoine happened. We had a huge fight," she sighed as he grabbed an ice pack out of the freezer.

"HE SMACKED YOU?!" Fernando yelled whirling around to face her, the veins popping out of his neck and forehead.

"Yeah," Aveline sniffled.

"What were you fighting about?" Nando asked as she pressed the ice pack to her face.

"So you know the magazine cover I did with Axel?" She asked as they sat down at the breakfast bar.

"Yup! Looks amazing! Me and Sof are so excited for the show! It's gunna be awesome! Sof is mean and won't let me see any of the designs-"

"She never lets you see anything; why would this time be any different?"

"I don't know," Fernando sighed as he leaned down to pick up his and Sofía's English bulldog puppy, Pomo.

Aveline laughed and shook her head, "You'll see soon enough."

"Hola!" Sofía's voice echoed through the house.

"Hola, we're in the kitchen amour," he called.

It was just a few seconds before Sofia walked in. Nando stood up and greeted her with a hug and kiss. Aveline smiled seeing how in love they were. They made the perfect couple. When they pulled away from the kiss, Sofía took Pomo away from Fernando.

"Hi, Ave-oh. Why do you have an ice pack?"

"Because Antoine was a douchebag and smacked her!" Fernando shook his head.

"You're kidding!"

"I'm not."

"No. He's right," Aveline sighed and lowered the ice pack to reveal the red handprint on her face.

"Oh Dios mío!"

"Aveline, this is serious. You were just here last week after he threw you into the wall," Fernando said folding his arms.

"Yeah. This is bad. I think you need to break up with Antoine," Sof nodded.

"No, it's fine. We're just in a rough spot," Aveline shook her head.

"Sofía and I were in a rough spot seven months ago. I never once touched her," Fernando frowned crossing his arms, "Hitting or throwing her into the walls never once crossed my mind."

"Yeah, this is more than just a rough spot. Ave, I know you love him, but you have to leave him. Your relationship is becoming toxic."

"You know I can't. I love him so much."

"That love isn't enough anymore, Ave. Me and Sofía are saying this out of love for you," Fernando agreed setting a hand on her shoulder.

"He just needs time to calm down. It'll be okay."

"If you're sure," Aveline sighed.

"I'm positive."

"Should've listened to them then. I could've been gone four months sooner," Aveline muttered rubbing her arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
988K 61.2K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
851K 19.4K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.