Attack on Romeo and Juliet

By I-Wont-Grow-Up

~Part 3 of the Attack on BLANK series~ What do you get when Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie, Eren, Ymir and Krista p... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Eleven

111 3 0
By I-Wont-Grow-Up

EVENING OF THE FINAL TECH REHEARSAL (AN HOUR OR TWO REMAINING)

This was it. The final rehearsal before the show. It was going by rather smoothly. There were plenty more stops and starts for music cues and other things, but overall, it was going great. Once the scene they were on ended, Hanji called for blackout and the sets began to be moved for the next scene. Hanji was back in the booth with Keith and Nanaba, who helped with the music cues. "Moblit, is everything good with sets?" She asked through her headset.

Moblit, who was sitting as one of the stage managers, glanced over onto the stage to see two figures. "Yes, everything's good."

"Great. Thanks. Alright, Lights up, Scene go!"

As soon as the lights went up, Krista entered. With a gentle sigh, she began her lines.

"The clock struck nine when I did send the nurse; In half an hour she promised to return. Perchance she cannot meet him: that's not so. O, she is lame! love's heralds should be thoughts, Which ten times faster glide than the sun's beams, Driving back shadows over louring hills: Therefore do nimble-pinion'd doves draw love, And therefore hath the wind-swift Cupid wings. Now is the sun upon the highmost hill of this day's journey, and from nine till twelve is three long hours, yet she is not come. Had she affections and warm youthful blood, She would be as swift in motion as a ball; My words would bandy her to my sweet love, And his to me: But old folks, many feign as they were dead; Unwieldy, slow, heavy and pale as lead. O God, she comes!"

Hearing her cue, Annie walked on to the stage from the opposite side with Moblit, who had to leave his station.  Krista rushed over to Annie.

"O honey nurse, what news? Hast thou met with him? Send thy man away."

Annie turned to face Moblit, "Peter, stay at the gate." Her acting wasn't the best, but she did pull emotion through her lines.

Krista watched Moblit walk off the stage, then turned back to Annie.

"Now, good sweet nurse,--O Lord, why look'st thou sad? Though news be sad, yet tell them merrily; If good, thou shamest the music of sweet news by playing it to me with so sour a face."

Annie gave the smaller blonde an 'are you serious look'

"I am a-weary, give me leave awhile: Fie, how my bones ache! what a jaunt have I had!"

Krista responded,

"I would thou hadst my bones, and I thy news: Nay, come, I pray thee, speak; good, good nurse, speak."

Annie sighed a bit agitated, 

"Jesu, what haste? Can you not stay awhile? Do you not see that I am out of breath?"

Krista cocked her head to the side,
"How art thou out of breath, when thou hast breath to say to me that thou art out of breath? The excuse that thou dost make in this delay is longer than the tale thou dost excuse. Is thy news good, or bad? Answer to that; Say either, and I'll stay the circumstance: Let me be satisfied, is't good or bad?"

Annie placed her hands on her hips,

"'Well, you have made a simple choice; you know not how to choose a man: Romeo! no, not he; though his face be better than any man's, yet his leg excels all men's; and for a hand, and a foot, and a body, though they be not to be talked on, yet they are past compare: he is not the flower of courtesy, but, I'll warrant him, as gentle as a lamb. Go thy ways, wench; serve God. What, have you dined at home?"

Krista shook her head, before taking Annie's hands in her own,

"No, no: but all this did I know before. What says he of our marriage? What of that?"

Annie placed her hand on her head,
"Lord, how my head aches! what a head have I! It beats as it would fall in twenty pieces. My back o' t' other side,--O, my back, my back! Beshrew your heart for sending me about, to catch my death with jaunting up and down!"

Krista looked on with concern,

"I' faith, I am sorry that thou art not well. Sweet, sweet, sweet nurse, tell me, what says my love?"

Annie sighed, 

"Your love says, like an honest gentleman, and a courteous, and a kind, and a handsome, and, I warrant, a virtuous,--Where is your mother?" 

Krista laughed sweetly,

"Where is my mother! why, she is within; Where should she be? How oddly thou repliest! 'Your love says, like an honest gentleman, Where is your mother?'"

Annie sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose with her thumb and middle finger,
"O God's lady dear! Are you so hot? Marry, come up, I trow; Is this the poultice for my aching bones? Henceforward do your messages yourself."

Now it was Krista's turn to place her hands on her hip, "Here's such a coil! come, what says Romeo?"

Annie looked back at the girl, "Have you got leave to go to shrift to-day?"

Krista nodded, "I have."

"Then hie you hence to Friar Laurence' cell; There stays a husband to make you a wife: Now comes the wanton blood up in your cheeks, they'll be in scarlet straight at any news. Hie you to church; I must another way, To fetch a ladder, by the which your love must climb a bird's nest soon when it is dark: I am the drudge and toil in your delight, but you shall bear the burden soon at night. Go; I'll to dinner: hie you to the cell." Annie answered.

Krista beamed happily, hugging Annie quickly, "Hie to high fortune! Honest nurse, farewell!" 

"Annnnnnnnd Blackout!" Hanji exclaimed, as the lights slowly went out to get ready for the next scene.

~Two hours later~

"I think this was our best run yet! Great job everyone!!" Hanji cheered happily. The final scene had just ended and it was getting very late. "Before we finish tonight, I want to go through the bow order! Everyone out on stage!" Everyone who were on the sides of the stage walked out. "Alright, so first I would like the Capulets and the Montagues to bow with the Prince, Paris and the servants. Then Annie, Reiner, Bertholdt, Marco and Eren will bow next. Finally, Ymir and Krista will bow last. Everyone got that?" They all nodded. "Good! Let's do it!"

From the booth, Nanaba played the bow music; it was a fancy old time Renaissance type of music.

"First group go!" Hanji shouted from over the music.

Eld and Gunther went forward stone faced as always until they reached the front of the stage, they grinned, took each other's hands, bowed and moved off to stand on separate sides of the stage. Erwin offered his arm to Petra as they moved forward to bow, as a gentleman would. Petra accepted his offer with a smile. Once they got up to the front of the stage, the girl curtsied in her beautiful gown. Erwin gave a dignified bow before moving to one side of the stage. Levi followed soon after, but he did not offer his arm to Hitch, but rather stood a good few inches away from her. Hitch rolled her eyes, but as soon as she made it to the spot, smiled brightly towards the empty audience and also curtsied. Levi gave a small bow and sauntered to his side of the stage.

Oulo headed his group grinning as he usually did and waving to the currently empty house before giving a deep bow. Marlowe followed in suit and bowed, a small smile on his face. Finally Moblit took his bow, he was relieved that Hanji hadn't droven him insane all night from stage managing and from being on stage. Marlowe and Moblit soon made their way to the oppisite sides of the stage.

"Second group go!" 

Annie was the first to approach the front of the stage. She curtsied in her big gown and went over to the left side of the stage. Reiner made his way forward smiling brightly he gave his bow and moved to the right side of the stage. With an awkward smile, Bertholdt walked forward and bowed deeply. Then he followed Reiner and stood next to him. Marco was next, he took his bow with a happy grin and walked over to stand with Annie. Eren made his way forward faster than he needed to almost crashing into Marco, but he didn't. The brunet quickly took his bow and moved off to the side.

"Ymir and Krista! You're up!" 

Ymir stepped forward offering her hand politely to Krista with a small smile. Krista smiled back and accepted Ymir's offer, gently taking the taller girl's hand. The tanned girl walked to the front pacing herself to keep time with Krista. She bowed by herself first then stepped out of the way so the smaller girl could bow. Krista beamed as brightly as the stage lights and curtsied enthusiastically. After Krista curtsied, the entire cast converged to the center of the stage and bowed together. While they bowed, Hanji was clapping from the booth and so was Nanaba. They were so proud of everyone, especially the kids. After a few moments, Nanaba faded the music. 

"You all did fantastic tonight!" Hanji complimented the cast happily. "I mean it!" She glanced at the watch on her wrist. "It's nearing 10:30 PM. That was much faster than last night! Now, get your costumes hung up properly and place your props back where they belong! Call time tomorrow is 3:30 PM!"

Ymir and Reiner were the first ones to book it off of the stage both stripping out of their costumes as they did.

"Freedom!" Eren yelled as he chased after them attempting to take off his shoe.

"I can finally get out of this dress. It had been itching me all night." Hitch mumbled quietly to herself as she rushed off the stage after Eren.

Eld and Gunther were busy helping each other out of their costumes while Erwin struggled with his own. Levi had somehow managed to be the first out of his costume and out the door before anyone else had the chance to say goodnight to him. Petra personally didn't want to get out of her costume. She loved it so much, but she was going to have to. So she made her way off the stage and grabbed her clothes to get changed. Marlowe did the same, placing everything neatly in a garment bag. Oulo was struggling to take off his tights while the rest of his costume was in a pile on the floor which gained a disapproving glare from Mike. Marco had taken off his costume rather quickly and placed it in the garment bag he had brought with him. The same had gone with Bertholdt as well. Krista made sure everything was perfect with her dress before putting it in the garment bag. The same could also be said with Annie. Reiner and Ymir had successfully stripped and ran their costumes weren't exactly neat, but good enough. 

"Hey, Bertl." Reiner called to his friend who was about to head back stage, "Is your mom on her way?"

Bertholdt turned to face his childhood buddy. "Um, probably...why?"

"Well, it's getting late and my car is here. I was gonna ask if you wanted to stay over my place tonight. It's not like I'd need to take you home. Enough of your stuff is already at my place."

"O-Oh! Sure! I'd love too!" Bertholdt answered with that shy smile on his face.

"Cool man!" Reiner smiled, "I'll wait for you to get your stuff together."

"Okay." Bertholdt nodded and hurried off to get his stuff hung up.

---------------- 

Meanwhile, Krista made her way over to Ymir. "Hey, I just wanted to tell you that you're going a great job Ymir. You're so talented." She said with a smile.

Ymir wasn't expecting a compliment she remained silent for a second, "I-I... Thanks Krista! You're doing a great job too. I think you're one of the best parts of the show." She added trying to make her words sound at least a little natural.

A faint blush crept onto Krista's cheeks. "You really mean it?"

"Of course I do!" Ymir nodded slightly, "You're an amazing actress." She smiled lightly a blush forming on her face as well, "Well, uhm," She cleared her throat shifting her gaze slightly, "Do you need a ride home or anything?"

Krista nodded. "Yeah, my dad's still at work and my half-sister told me that she was at a party."

"Well, if no one's at your place tonight... Do you want to stay at my place?" Ymir asked her voice getting quiet at the end of her offer.

"I'd love too!" Krista exclaimed, clasping her hands together.

"Great! Do you need to get anything? I don't mind taking you home first."

"I need my toothbrush and some clothes. It's not going to be long I promise."

Ymir nodded, "Alright. You ready to go then?"

Krista nodded back. "Yup!"

Reiner stood by the door of the theatre, "C'mon Bertl! The Captain is waiting for us!"

"I'm coming! Give me a second!" Bertholdt called, as he grabbed his bag and ran to the door of the theater where his friend was and they both left. 

-------

While all of that was going on, Marco walked over to Eren. "Hey Eren, I have a question to ask you."

"Yeah? What is it?" Eren asked just as he pulled the neck ruffles off of his head.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to sleep over tonight. It's okay if you can't."

"Sure I can, just let me ask my mom." Eren pulled out his phone and called his mom. "Hey Mama," He answered as he usually did when he wanted something.

"Hi Sweetie!" Carla said from the other side of the phone, "How was rehearsal?"

"It was good. We just finished." Eren replied, "My friend Marco wants to know if I can stay over his house tonight."

"I don't see why not!" Carla answered after a few seconds of thought.

"Awesome!" Eren exclaimed, "Thank you mom. Love you mom."

"I love you too honey." 

Eren hung up the phone, "She said it was okay!"

Marco smiled brightly, "Great! My parents should be here any minute. Do you have everything with you?" He asked. 

"Yup!" Eren nodded. He really didn't have any extra clothes other than the pair of shorts he wore with his costume, but he figured he would just wear the same clothes tomorrow.

"Alright, then let's head out and wait for them." Marco swung his satchel on his shoulder and made his way into the aisle of the theater. Eren followed his friend enthusiastically. This was going to be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAY SLEEPOVERS!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.6K 969 44
(I DON'T OWN ANY AOT CHARACTERS! ALL CHARACTERS ARE OWNED BY HAJIME ISAYAMA!)
244K 6.3K 18
Thank you for 235k!! **This is very old and cringey. Read at your own risk** "Still an awesome book." -Sferyal
9.6K 309 65
Short stories between Attack on Titan Boys and you (EDITING - Extremely slowly btw)
963K 21.8K 60
Just a nice compilation of one-shots. This is no longer an updated one shot book. Disclaimer; I do not own the manga nor the anime of Shingeki no Kyo...