My Melody || SUNGJOY

By _sweetcheesecake

• "She's a melody. But, a different one. She's my melody." • || A fanfiction plot request «SUNGJOY» _ My Me... More

|| My Melody • Prologue ||
|| My Melody • One ||
|| My Melody • Two ||
|| My Melody • Three ||
|| My Melody • Four ||
|| My Melody • Six ||
|| My Melody • Playlist ||
|| My Melody - Seven ||
|| My Melody • Eight ||
|| My Melody • Nine ||
|| My Melody • Ten ||
|| My Melody - Eleven ||
|| My Melody • Twelve ||
|| My Melody • Thirteen ||
|| My Melody • Fourteen ||
|| My Melody • Fifteen ||
|| My Melody • Sixteen ||
|| My Melody • Seventeen ||
|| My Melody • Eighteen ||
|| My Melody • Nineteen ||
|| My Melody • Twenty ||
|| My Melody • Twenty-one ||
|| My Melody • Twenty-two ||
|| My Melody - Twenty Three ||
|| Not an Update ||
|| My Melody • Twenty Four ||
|| My Melody • Twenty Five ||
|| My Melody • Twenty Six ||
|| My Melody • Epilogue ||
|| My Melody • A Bonus ||

|| My Melody • Five ||

4.5K 198 55
By _sweetcheesecake

"Don't touch my phone!" Joy retorted, whining as she turns it off when Wendy rose her eyebrow.

"What's with you?" Wendy murmured as Joy whined. "It's already dying and I forgot to charge it early in the morning." She whines, before flipping her Philosophy book. "You didn't even went online last night, I wonder why it got drained." Wendy whispered in her ear, only for her to smack her arm. "She's guilty!" Seulgi yelled, pointing over to Joy while she muches on her doughnut.

"Get her phone!" Irene yelled playfully as Joy cried, "Ah! No!"

"I have a charger in my bag pack, don't worry." Irene grins, snatching her phone before opening up to see how the battery was dropping into fifteen percent. "Aish, jinja. What does this lady do all night-", "Just give it back!" Joy cried, pulling her arms before Irene passes her cellphone into Seulgi, who teasingly waves it infront of Joy while she huffed a sigh. "Ah, guys! Seriously!" She yelled, before pleading them to bring her back the phone.

"I told you I have a charger!" Irene yelled, before Joy mumbled. "Give it to me then."

With a grin, Irene grabbed her charger over the bag, handing it to Joy before she muttered. "Fine then, I'll charge it after you finished rummaging over the nonsense matters over there."

"Woah, so you just really care about the charger then?" Irene murmured infront of her, "Typical Joy." She rolled her eyes, "Just make sure to shut it down properly."

Wendy scrolled through her phone, before breaking out into a huge grin.

"I can't believe that you and Sungjae oppa were on the phone for straight eight hours."

Her eyes suddenly widen, before she remembered how they left the phone hanging last night when they were talking. It was the first thing that made her hesitant about giving them her phone, but she just screwed up when she saw the nonsense charger.

"Who the hell stays up all night for eight hours? Also, wasn't he busy?" Seulgi grins, before the three scooted closer to her while Joy murmured, "We just left the phone on going.", "Oh, falling asleep while talking to each other. That's so sweet!" Wendy and Seulgi giggled, high-fiving each other. "I can't believe that my bestie is now dating an idol." She whispers, invisibly zipping her mouth. "We promise that this would be restricted with us." Wendy promised, as Joy sighs.

"I'm not dating him, that's the truth."

Silencing the three, Irene murmured. "She's tellling the truth.", "Then what are you?" Seulgi regretfully asked.

"Friends."

"Why aren't you fangirling or anything? He used to be your ultimate bias. I can't believe that you're so normal about it." Wendy asks. Joy replies with a grin, "You know that whenever I idolize people, I never get attached to them emotionally. I just stan them and their music, that's all.", "Right." Irene sat beside her, "But, why was he so attached to you?"

Sighing to herself, Joy mumbled. "He just felt indebted when we crashed into each other on our first meeting." With a sad smile over Wendy's face, "And here I thought that both of you were dating."

Grinning, Joy lifted her hand over to her face. "I'm not worthy of a chaebol idol.", "You're pretty! You're amazing, to sum it up- you're also talented! You even had the most gifts on Valentines along with Irene." Wendy whispered, while Seulgi nodded. "So it's not impossible for him to like you too."

"My face is just ordinary compared to those beautiful idols he encountered everyday." Joy bit back, while Irene smiled. "Aigoo-yah, Joy. You know that you shouldn't just downgrade yourself. Do you remember how people keep on saying that you should be an idol?"

Laughing, Joy decided to just doodle on her notebook.

...

"What's with the flowers?"

After the long examination, Joy along with her friends had marched over to the room next to theirs. "Who made me go here?" She confusedly asked before Irene grins. "Our Joy is so pretty.", "Isn't this a prank?" Joy asked, fiddling over the petals.

"Sungjae?" Wendy asked over Seulgi as they grinned.

"It's from Jin Soo." Joy mumbled looking over the paper stuck in the boquet. "You mean the guy with glasses that's addicted in video games?", "Hm, yeah." Joy murmured, "Should I accept this?", "It's full of effort, so just accept it. It's not like you were giving them the motive to make a move on you." Seulgi replied, as everyone agreed.

"I always feel awkward in receiving these." She whispers, before carrying the boquet on her arms. "I guess you're happy because your phone is now charged." Seulgi snickered.

"Let's go eat outside?" Irene clasped her hands together, before Joy pursed her lips together. "I'm sorry, I need to find a part time job first."

"Why?" Everyone asked as Joy shrugged her shoulders. "I want to help eomma. I should just call you all later!", With a faint nod, she already left her friends.

"Ah, Joy's smile suddenly turned sad after everything about her mom." Irene murmured, "To be honest, I'm more shocked that she's been close to her ultimate bias." Wendy muttered, "You really like them together?" Seulgi and Irene grins.

"They look honestly cute! I actually think that Sungjae oppa already likes our bestfriend."

"Keep dreaming."

The three of them frowns as soon as they heard a voice, only to see another group of girls infront of them. "Sungjae is an idol, why would he like an ordinary girl? Also, why were you believing your friend that Sungjae is close to her? She's a delusional lady." One of them mumbled before Wendy scoffs. "It's not like you're any closer to Sungjae, Min.", "I attended all of their fan meetings. I can't even see Joy in one of those."

Seulgi rolled her eyes, "Maybe she's in the backstage with Sungjae?"

And that snapped a nerve in Min's mind. "Keep on being delusional. I would only believe it when those words came from Sungjae oppa's mouth. Come on girls." Min rolled her eyes before Irene scoffed right after they left.

"We should tell Sungjae this-", "No!" Irene yelled over to Wendy. "Idols like them shouldn't be butting in this childish acts." Grinning widely, "Let's just wait for the date announcement."

The three of them gasped and giggled, jumping up and down.

__________________________

"What?"

Joy frowns in instant, "You're the owner?" She asked over to the lady that seems younger than her. "Aniya, I'm the daughter. But I'll hire you." Joy uneasily mumbled, "But, I don't have any requirements needed... and I didn't even properly introduced myself.", "That's fine, I have a vibe that we'll be close." The blonde and cheerful girl winked over her direction.

What is this? Joy thought over to herself. "Yeri's the name." The younger lady Yeri smiled. "Are you sure about this.. Yeri-ssi?", "Ah, I am! You can start tomorrow."

With a puzzled expression, Yeri grins before standing up to grab the paper pasted on the door with Hiring: A Waitress

"You're hired." She winks over to Joy who seems to be falling to pieces in confusion. "Can I call you... Joy eonnie?" She smiles, only for Joy to naively nod while staring at her. "To be honest, I am doing myself a favor too." Yeri grins, "Your name is Park Sooyoung, right?"

Her eyes widen, "How did you knew?", "I keep seeing your name in the list of achievers in the Han University on the side with your picture. In exchange of my good deeds, you would help me in my assignments." She smiled, only for Joy to awkwardly smile. "That's it?", "Yes, you're hired!"

Standing slowly, Joy mumbled. "T-t- thank you, Yeri.", "Just give me your phone number and I'll call you after your classes.", "My class would be finished at-", "3:00 PM." Yeri smiled, only for Joy to creepily nod. "O... kay."

"I'm going." Joy mumbled as Yeri grins. "Bye, eonnie!", "Yeri!" Joy hurriedly went back.

"Can I start now?"

With a wide smile, Yeri nodded. "Sure!"

...

"I can't do anything." Sungjae whines, kicking through the blankets while staring blankly over the television. "Let's call APink over." Changsub yelled, "Stop making excuses to see Chorong noona." His members retorted, before Sungjae laughed. "When would you reveal your relationship with us?", "We're not in a relationship!" Changsub yelled, only for Sungjae to mock his face. "Ah, really?"

"Stop bugging me and just call your friend!" Changsub replied, only for Sungjae to snap his fingers. "Right, I'm so bored." He dialed over Joy's number. Changsub was left in shock, only to see the maknae walking back into his room to slam the door, following his instructions.

Minhyuk nudged his shoulders, before pointing his lips over the room. "Let's listen to their conversation." With a laugh, the members agreed to settle over the front door of Sungjae's room.

"Wow, she isn't answering." Sungjae muttered, only to dial her number once again.

After a few minutes, Joy decided to pick up. "Wae?", "Took you long enough! I'm so bored!" Sungjae yelled only to hear her scoff. He could hear the noises over the side of her. "Where are you?" His smile faltered, only to look at the clock to see how the night is falling.

"I'm working.", "What?"

"I told you i'll be working. I'll talk to you later after my shift."

With a pang of worry, Sungjae immediately asked. "Until what time?", "Aye, stop asking. It's just my first day stop bothering me.", "Where are you?", "Ah, it's not like you're going to help in order to contribute some costumers!" Joy hangs up only to leave him baffled and annoyed.

"It's because it's already night you brat!" Sungjae yelled, before dialing her number once again.

Falling into realization, he knit his brows. "Why am I even worrying? Why is an idol worrying? WHY IS YOOK SUNGJAE WORRYING!?" He yelled throwing his phone over the bed while lying down. "Whatever." He murmured.

After a couple of minutes, he turns back only to mutter. "So you're not going to reply!?"

"I should go to instagram instead of doing nonsense, HAH!" He idiotically yelled over the phone as he scrolls over to his instagram. "I haven't posted like.. a week."

Being bored as usual, he decided to play with his username, twitter account, posting multiple selfies while muttering. "What the hell am I doing?"

Looking over the clock, he mumbled. "It's already nine." Rolling his eyes, "I'm sleeping." He closes his eyes, turning his phone off. After a couple of while, he turns back around to sit up, rapidly dialing her number. "ANSWER ME!" He yelled while the phone rings.

"Isn't he suffering in bipolar disorder?" Minhyuk whispered over to Eunkwang, as he shrugs. "I don't know either."

"Ah, you keep on calling!" Joy yelled over the phone. "It's already night!" Sungjae yelled back. "I'm near Han University, order some pizzas then I'll thank you for it!" Joy hangs up once again.

Cursing, Sungjae hurriedly stood up from his bed wearing his coat before his face mask and cap. "Why am I even doing this!? Molla!" He hissed, before the members heard his foot steps.

"Hurry, scatter!" Peniel pushes them away, each of them running back into their business before they saw the door slam open. "Oh Sungjae, where are you going?" Eunkwang asked, "I want to eat pizza." He yelled furiously before running outside.

"Ah, he's a mess." Hyunsik mumbled.

___________________________

"Welcome to Han Piz...zas." Joy trails off, before silence occured only for her to notice who the customer was.

With almost her nostrils flaring, she emphasized her words. "Please. Have. A. Seat."

Sungjae only shows her his eye smile, only to teasingly seat in front of her stand. "Why are you here?" She ranted, only for Sungjae to mumble. "Wae? Is it bad that I'm supporting my friend?"

With a slap on the head, Joy whispers. "Tone down your voice, others might notice you. Also," She grabs over his cap, messily spreading his bangs to cover half of his eyes before bringing it back. "That should be enough.", "I'm too handsome to even hide my face."

With a boring gaze, Joy looks over to the next customer. "Welcome!"

"You better order ten boxes." Joy hissed, before Sungjae proudly shows his credit card. "Here it is.", "Look at you bragging." She snatches his credit card, only for him to grin while staring at her. "Ten boxes of pizza!" She yelled only for Sungjae's eyes to widen. "Hey, I was just joking!" He hissed before she turns around with a sly grin. "Don't worry, we only have five left since it's already closing."

Sighing in relief, he mumbled. "I won't have income with I'm on rest, remember that."

Laughing, Joy muttered. "I'm kidding. I'll get you a slice, my treat." She handed him back his credit card before Sungjae rose his eyebrow. "What? No, I want to order a box.", "Aigoo, you're really bragging eh." She shrugs.

The hours had passed by, and Sungjae was dozing off since it was ten in the night already. He rested his head over the table after finishing the box of pizza. Joy cleans over the desks since it was closing time already. "I'll be going now, I'll just tell appa that I already hired a good waitress." Yeri whispered before staring into Sungjae's sleeping figure. "We still had a customer left."

Joy was startled before shaking her head. "Aniya, he's my friend. Don't worry, I'll close this you can go now."

After Yeri left, Joy pokes over Sungjae's cheek using the brush for cleaning.

Accidentally waking up, Sungjae rubbed his eyes before muttering. "Where am I?"

Rolling her eyes, "You're in hell." She closes the lights off, before muttering. "Go home now, it's the end of my shift. Why did you even come here? Your fansites might notice you.", "Aniya, It's already late so no worries." He muttered before seeing her tired face. "Are you going home now?", "Yeah." Joy mumbled before pushing him off. "Go."

"I want to eat ice cream." Sungjae excused over, before Joy mumbled. "It's already late at night, go home.", "Wow, a girl is telling me this.", "No, a fan is." Joy slapped his arm before he chuckled. "Wow, you're worried.", "I'm not. I'm worried for myself since I might get into cat fights when they get the wrong idea.", "Wrong idea like?"

"You know how media works." Joy shushed, before she closes the curtains on the windows.

In closing the curtains, she was left surprised when she felt his presence behind her. He reaches out for the curtain to drag it down, while she can feel her back being pressed in his body.

Her heart thumps heavily in a sudden motion, before Sungjae grins. "Hurry up, I want to go home." She could feel his hot breathe over the back of her ear. Blinking a couple of times, she muttered. "What the hell are you doing?"

Sungjae realized this as well, how their bodies were close to each other. Backing up all of a sudden, he stumbled over the chair as he fell. "Ah!" He yelled, before Joy akwardly turns to him. "Are you an idiot!?" She offers her hand to help him stand up.

Being shy all of a sudden, Sungjae grabs her hand for the first time as she was supposed to help him up. "Hey, don't push your we-!" She was surprised when her body was falling on top of him since he was heavier than her. Being surprised, he felt his arm guided her shoulders in order to avoid her face from hitting the flat ground.

Grunting in surprise, she fell over his chest while Sungjae yelled. "Ow, your chin!"

She lightly pulls away, only to see how their faces were close to each other. She felt her eyes fell over his, the dim light striking over their faces as their bodies frozen, entangled with each other.

Gulping, Sungjae suddenly covered her small face with his palm, ruining the moment before Joy hissed, standing up slowly even if her face was crimson red already. "You're just making a way to kiss me." He tried to joke it out as Joy smacks his head. "Stand up, idol. I'm sleepy."

Shyly looking over her face, he couldn't help but stare over her pinkish lips.

"Why did you even came late at night?" She saw him stood up before he felt another thump in his heart when he saw her eye to eye level.

She unintentionally grabbed the face mask that was below his chin, bringing it over his face while he blushes over the gentle action she initiated.

Being surprised with herself as well, Joy suddenly slaps his cheek before he yelped. "Go home!", "You should too."

They soon stood away from the place, before Sungjae muttered. "Text me when you got home." Frowning, Joy rose her eyebrow. "Why?"

Shrugging, "You might be murdered and I was the last person with you, go!" He pursed his lips together while she rolls her eyes. "Ah, Sungjae.", "Wae?"

"Thank you for dropping by today."

With his ears reddening, he tried to yell. "It's not because of you, it's because I'm craving for pizza!"

"Is that why you drop here instead of the one near your dorm?" Completely surprised, Sungjae turns his head. "Good bye!"

With an unknown reason, Joy smiles before turning around to leave.

Sungjae keeps on smiling to his self, unable to contain the joy he was feeling whenever he's with Sooyoung. He felt like his heart was leaping in happiness, yet he couldn't explain the feeling.

You have a new text message.

Curiously peering over it, his eyes suddenly widen.

"Is an idol like Yook Sungjae would date a student?"
"Stay away from her."
"You only belong to me, oppa."
"Make sure to look over her, I might do something crazy."

Feeling like his heart dropping, he returns to her direction, in relief that she was still in his vision.

"Joy!" He yelled, only to see her turning back to him. "Wae?"

"I'll take you home.", "What?" She knit her brows together, looking around. "You're crazy! Someone might be watching!"

"Someone was watching that's why I wanted to take you home." He muttered, as she yelled. "You should protect your image once in a while!"

"No, not this time." He firmly replied, grabbing her wrist.

"I won't let them touch you.", "Who?" She nervously asked.

"Is your home near?" He asked while she mumbled. "Yeah, who is it?" Biting his lower lip, he muttered. "I'm sorry for acting recklessly today, some of the crazy fans saw us, I guess. They were sending me texts." Her eyes widen, before looking around. "You should hurry up and go home."

"Make sure to go in already, they might hurt you."

Her heart skips a beat, before averting her shy eyes. "W-worry about your image, not mine.", "Good night." He softly mumbled before pursing his lips to motion her to go inside.

"We should avoid meeting up like this." She mouthed, only for him to nod. "Just get in."

Nervously sighing, she enters the house before giving him a last glance. "Idiot!"

"Take.. care." She murmured shyly while he nods, smiling.

_________________________

A/N:

I'm enjoying updating this story since I'm applying the fluff and sweetness I can! ^^

I thoroughly feel empty going online on both twitter and facebook idk why :( my tl is so silent in twitter :3 Oh well!

How was this chapter!? Leave your thoughts over here! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.8K 37
This story is an Autumn's Concerto remake, however I tried to change some elements. I really liked that story and I thought it would be nice to look...
25K 1.3K 28
Joy was raised in a Circus together with her 3 sisters Irene, Wendy and Seulgi, but never did she expected that her life would be changed after meeti...
30.8K 1.5K 27
The Breakthrough. That was all it took for Yook Sungjae to be taken away from Park Sooyoung. But she'll find him again. After all, she was in the sp...
34K 1.1K 22
I will tell you everything when I'm ready.... Disclaimer: This is a fan fiction. Which means the full story is made up/fake. May contain some scenes...