|| My Melody • Fourteen ||

"Sungjae."

She whispered over his ear, about to pull away when he only pulls her back as he rested his head on the crook of her neck.

"Stay like this for a while." He mumbled. "Are you just going to stay like this without telling me something?" Joy softly replied, before caressing his hair. "Was it because of your comeback? Hm? Yah."

"Eomma."

She blinks a couple of times, before slightly pulling away only to see his watery eyes. "What happened?", "She's in the the emergency room right now." Her eyes enlarges, before muttering. "What hospital was she located?", "Molla. They won't even tell me." He sniffs, only for her to carefully hover her worried face over his sad ones. "Sungjae-ah." She murmured. "If you want to cry, then you should."

As soon as he leant back on her shoulder, she can feel his sob already. Her heart breaks, since she wasn't used to see him like this. That's when she realize how hard it is for them to manage their time and stress. "I didn't have time to visit them because of our schedules, I don't know what I'll do when she doesn't survive the operation." He whispers, crying over her arms while she sighs in sadness, feeling herself tearing up as well. She pats over her back softly, before leaning her head close to him. "She will survive." She tried to reassure him at this time, while praying at the same time for her recovery.

After minutes of calming him down, she managed to let him lie down over her lap while they sat over the couch.

She softly stares over his swollen eyes, running her fingertips over his bags. He stares blankly for a while, before lifting his eyes over hers. "Are you feeling a little fine now?" She mumbled, before caressing his cheek. Smiling weakly, he muttered. "I'm glad that I have someone to run into right now. I might've gone crazy right now." He muttered, before she sighs. "What about your members?", "They're disappointed in me."

"Wae?" Joy asks, her eyes widen before he replied. "It's only sixteen days before the comeback, and I was always the reason for our repetition for the practices. I always fail, and I suck at those things to be honest mostly when I'm pressured." He explains, with his somber expression. "I feel shitty right now."

Joy could only stare at him, before he muttered. "Am I a shitty boyfriend as well? I wasn't able to check up on you and now here I am." He mumbled before she smiles. "Aniya, there are some things that matter more than our relationship right now. There's still a lot of time for us." She mumbled, running her fingers to his lower lip. "It's okay to feel shitty, right? Like what've you told me before. It's okay to feel sad and shitty because you're human too."

"Your members aren't disappointed, they are basically worried. You shouldn't take it out in a bad way since they just wanted you to be right for yourself and not just because of the team. As much as I see, BTOB treats you like a baby. They cherish you so much." She smiles, before lightly pinching his cheeks as she felt relief when she saw him smile a little. "Your mom will be fine, your practices will be fine. Your comeback would be the best." She concluded, while smiling. "Sixteen days were much more than you thought, I believe you can do it in five hours." She playfully giggled only to make him chuckle as he lifted his hands over to pinch her cheeks. "Gomawo."

"You don't need to thank me. You were the one with me when I was suffering too." She smiles. "Maybe an hour, or two... your dad would call you and tell it's fine." She snatches his broken phone, before mumbling. "Go to sleep, I'll wait for it."

"Your mom might see us again." He jokingly grins. "She just texted me that she won't be going home, you can peacefully sleep now." She forcefully shuts his eyes as she added. "Don't retort, just sleep.", "How about you?", "I'm fine here, I slept already earlier."