Prince with Benefits

By gabycabezut

**Unedited, messy & with lots of mistakes. But you will still swoon if you give it a chance lol (but you've b... More

Prince with benefits
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two Part One
Chapter Twenty-Two Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six (part one)
Chapter Twenty-Six (part two)
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six Part One
Chapter Thirty-Six part two
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Epilogue
A Prince's Point of View
Getting Hitched
Expecting the Unexpected...
Bonus Chapter - Brought to you by H&M
New books + Audiobook teaser!
New Story Alert! Of Darkness & Light

Chapter Forty-Eight

1M 35.1K 13K
By gabycabezut

Every day for the last three weeks my heart had harbored hope to hear something from Scott.

Anything at this point would have been enough.

He hadn't called.

He hadn't texted.

It was like nothing had ever had happened.

There were no bodyguards on my door.

There were still a few paparazzi hanging on the street, though. The sight of them reminded me that it all had indeed happened. That I had fallen hopelessly in love with Scott. Just the sight of them made my eyes brim with tears once again.

Every day there were less of them. It might had to do with the fact that I was completely secluded and I hadn't stepped one foot outside my door and the fact that Sam had completely ignored any camera since the day we talked. The last thing I heard about him was that he had gone back to California and that he had retaken his job back.

I hadn't had the heart to check out the web for Scott's whereabouts. I just used the computer for my work and even though I had the urge to google him, I couldn't.

While I was still confident about the things and decisions I had made, I felt completely heartbroken and disappointed.

My father had been excessively patient with me. My latest designs had been dull and quite frankly depressing. Even I had noticed that. Dad, on the other hand, kept encouraging me and sending me different things to keep me occupied. We had talked over the phone over the last few days and even though our relationship wasn't nearly as close as it once had been, we could hold a decent conversation for at least half an hour. He had decided to stay in LA for Christmas time.

Christmas time.

In a way I was sorry for Hugh and Kate who had to put up with me. Both of them had tried to cheer me up in one way or the other. They had bought an extremely large Christmas tree. Scott, Kate's boyfriend and Hugh's cousin, had come over to help decorate it and they even had made a mixed play list mocking every Christmas carol.

I had been there. But I had been lounging on the couch with a hot cocoa on my hand and a permanent sad smile on my face. Hugh had been happy that at least I tried to smile. Even if I had been a complete sack of potatoes resting on the couch the whole time.

Since my phone wasn't ringing from the one person I wanted to, it was now a forgotten device lying on the bottom of my bed stand. Every time the doorbell chimed, a small ray of hope lighted up in me, but every time had been a complete disappointment.

Hugh had talked me into going with him to Denmark to visit his boyfriend Chris. Well, talking into it was an understatement. I really didn't feel like going, but he hadn't been exactly nice about it. That had been his Christmas present and he had literally shoved the plane tickets in my chest, telling me that I had no choice and that I was going whether I wanted to or not.

My room had been a complete and utter mess. There were a few used clothes on the floor and on my desk's chair and different mugs lying around everywhere, among some other things. After packing some colorful clothes, which Hugh had forced me to or he would have packed for me, I found myself lying around in bed convincing myself to get up and clean the mess since we were leaving tonight.

"Sweetie?" Mom asked after a soft knock on the door.

"How are you doing?" she asked after closing the door after her.

I stayed silent because I really didn't feel like talking to anyone.

The bed sunk after she sat next to me. "I'm glad you're going with Hugh" her green eyes watched me softly.

"I really didn't have a choice, Mom..."

"I know" She smiled. "But it will do you some good. You need to get out there and you know...breathe fresh air and take some sun."

After a moment of silence she got up and opened up the curtains to let the light come through. She started to pick up some clothes that were scattered around the room, making me feel guilty about her picking up my mess. I got up and started to pick up random things and putting them on their proper place. After we cleaned up, we gathered the mugs and took them to the kitchen's sink.

"Coffee?" Mom asked knowingly.

I nodded and plopped on one of the chairs at the table. Coffee had been a complete necessity at the moment. I hadn't been able to sleep properly since Scott's.

"You know? When your father and I split up, I was a complete mess." She looked at me and I could see the just like you that she had omitted on the sentence. "Anya helped me cope. She is a widow, you know? And she had worked things out for her and Kate." She smiled to the distance as we waited for the coffee to be ready. "I think that things happen for a reason and even if it hurts, we can only become stronger after different events in our life." Her eyes rested on me, "I used to blame your father for every misfortune that came across my path" she shook her head "but it was my attitude that made my life so difficult..."

"I know you're hurting sweetie, but you have to keep on moving, you have to be strong and move on with your life..." her eyes softened as she placed the hot mug in front of me, "even if you don't feel like doing anything." Her hand caressed my cheek before she took a seat in front of me.

I let her words sink in for a moment. I watched her for a moment as she smiled at me and sipped calmly her tea.  I couldn't help to wonder if she still had feelings for my father. Even after his massive screw-up.

"Do you still love him?"

Mom smiled at me and let the mug on the table. "When you truly love someone, you never stop caring for them. Things change...you can meet new people and try new things, but there's only one person in the world that you can honestly say that you would gladly give up your life for."

I felt my eyes water once again. I knew exactly what she meant. I would have changed my life for Scott...and I knew that I wouldn't do it for anyone else...

"Why hasn't he called Mom?" My voice cracked hopelessly.

I hated to feel like this...so hopeless...so needy...

Mom's hand reached out for mine. "Maybe he's not ready, sweetie..."

I wiped the falling tears as I sniffed, "he never told me that he loved me...I think that should have been kind of a red flag for me, you know?"

"You have to understand that British people are more self-guarded than Americans...or you know, everyone on the world...especially Scott, he's been taught all his life to guard his feelings from everyone..." She got up and hugged me from the back. "I think he does love you, but I don't think he actually knows it yet."

Did he?

Could he?

It had been three weeks and he hadn't even acknowledge me...

Suddenly, someone knocked on the back door and as usual a small ray of hope came across me. Especially since I wanted to believe so badly Mom's words. She let go of me after sharing a knowing glance with me.

My heart was pumping furiously as the wooden door creaked while it opened. My smile faded when I saw who was at the door turning into a frown.

"Well, hello to you to!" The blonde in front of me greeted sarcastically.

"Hi" I didn't even try to cover the disappointment in my voice. I turned away and let the door open behind me.

"It's nice to know that I'm warmly welcomed in this house!" Mark added sarcastically once again. "Hello Sarah."

"It's nice to see you, Mark" Mom greeted politely.

Mark beamed at her as I slumped on my chair once again, sulking to myself.

"You look awful, by the way" he grabbed a mug out of one of the kitchen's cabinets and poured himself a cup of coffee.

"By all means, make yourself at home, Mark..."

"Thank you!" His smile turned sour when he took a sip of the coffee, "do you have some sugar?"

I signaled to his back where my sugar pot was.

"Jeez...do not bother yourself in being polite to your guests and bringing them sugar..." he rolled his eyes at me before he got up and helped himself.

"Why are you here?" I rubbed my temples since I had a feeling I'd have a headache soon.

"Sweetie, I'm taking your luggage down, ok?" Mom smiled at me as she got up and waved at Mark, "make yourself at home, Mark."

"Thank you Sarah" Mark ignored my question for a moment and poured himself and insanely unhealthy amount of sugar on his coffee. After he mixed it all in and took a sip, he frowned, "where are you going?"

"None of your business" I deadpanned.

He shook his head smiling, "it's nice to feel the love, Em..."

"Seriously Mark, why are you here?"

Mark's blue eyes turned serious "My brother is and idiot."

I sighed. I didn't know what to say, so I just kept to myself. I played with the last amount of coffee in my mug not really looking at Mark, who was burning holes to my face with his intense gaze.

I think we were both idiots, to be honest.

The worst part? I was waiting for Scott to make the first move, but I could have easily done it myself. I was being too proud because I felt like he should have listened to me, not fall for all the rumors...

Ugh...

This was all too messed up and I just didn't know what to do...

...it just hurt

...so much...

"Don't give up on him, Emily. He's been miserable." Mark's voice was soft. When I looked at him he was looking everywhere but me. "Haven't you seen any pictures lately?"

I shook my head.

"He has dark circles under his eyes and his mouth is set in a permanent scowl. He's been snapping at everyone." He raised his eyebrows, "it was a good thing that he asked to be sent to Afghanistan for a while..."

"Afghanistan?"

He nodded and tilted his head "Yeah...he's been giving himself a hard time. He knows that Sam has kept quiet and that it was all your doing...the paparazzi are starting to lose interest since there has not been any kind of activities on all sides, but people are still speculating if you two are together or not."

I crossed my arms on the table and rested on them, "I hate the fact that strangers have a saying on everything between us..."

Mark finished his coffee "you knew about it...whether we like it or not, we are public figures."

I closed my eyes. I was constantly tired and sleepy most of the time "I know" my voice came out muffled. "It's just so infuriating..."

Mark laughed "tell me about it." After a moment he added "So, where are you going?"

I sat up, "somewhere...and I'm actually leaving in a few hours, so I think you should probably go."

"No offense" I said as an afterthought.

Mark huffed but he got up "are you going back to LA?" he asked rubbing the back of his neck.

I laughed sourly "Nope" I popped the p. "I'm just going away for a couple of weeks...I'm not running away this time." I stayed silent for a moment before adding, "although that actually sounds like a good idea, I could go out and people wouldn't spit at me or be followed by paparazzi or-"

"I think you'd be followed anywhere you went" Mark grimaced. "I'm really sorry that things have been so difficult for you..."

I shrugged not knowing what to say. I did know that dating Scott meant that I'd be followed everywhere...I was still struggling about every article or photo taken about me, but that was something that I knew had to happen. It didn't mean that I had to like it, though...

"Well, I should probably go now..." Mark added hesitantly. "Take care Emily...and maybe, you know, you should take a bath and actually comb your hair or something."

I rolled my eyes, "as charming as ever, Mark..."

He laughed "you know me!"

That brought a small smile to my face. I shook my head as I looked him go through the back alley.

I did followed his advice and for the first time in a long time, I prepared myself a lavender bath and soaked in it until the water was too cold. The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful, but I had higher spirits, in a twisted way, the fact that I knew that Scott was also being miserable had improved my mood.

It was almost time to take our flight to Denmark and Hugh was excitedly hurrying me up to finally leave the house. Kate was borrowing Mom's car and she was taking us to the airport. She had the afternoon off, so she was patiently walking with us to get to our plane.

"I'm glad you're going, Em" she smiled at me "you seem in a better mood already!"

I smiled at her. While Hugh interrupted me before I could say anything, "yeah, the fact that her prince is suffering is a really ego booster, isn't it?"

"Shut up, Hugh."

They both laughed at me.

After registering for our flight, we said goodbye to Kate and started to walk aimlessly throughout the airport passing the time.

Hugh was too excited, so he couldn't stay put in one place. I was happy for him, he was such a great guy and he deserved to be happy. I knew that being away from Chris hadn't been easy for him and I was glad that he was going to see him. Me, on the other hand, was doomed to be the third wheel for a couple of weeks, but if Hugh hadn't pushed me into going with him, I would have gladly stayed depressed at home for the rest of the holidays. Dad had been really nice when he had extended our vacations, especially Hugh's, since he was going to stay for two weeks more.

"Hugh for God's sake could you stop jumping around like a 3 year old on sugar high?!"

The woman seated next to me gave me the stink eye since she had a little kid who was eating a candy bar and who was jumping up and down like my best friend. Whoops. I smiled apologetically at her when I realized what I had said, but she turned away clearly offended.

I slumped in my chair ignoring the child and Hugh. My eyes wondered around the large waiting room and I noticed a few people staring my way. A teen pointed at me before turning to her cell phone and elbowed her sister. They both started to talk animatedly looking my way. I rubbed my temples and shifted on my seat clearly uncomfortable.

Finally, Hugh took a seat next to me and started to text through his phone as if his life depended on it. I rolled my eyes at him. After a moment, I elbowed him. "One thing I won't miss is the fact that people stare at me..."

Hugh stopped texting and turned around as I fidgeted with the button of my red coat. He chuckled, "well I don't think they'll be stopping now..."

I turned to look at him confused when my heart stopped.

"Emily?!" A breathless dark voice said a few feet away.

My eyes widened and I stood up a second later. My eyes searched for Scott's voice as my heart hammered in my chest like there was no tomorrow.

Oh my God!!!

He came!!!!

I wanted to jump up and down screaming in joy.

"I'm right here!" I turned around looking out for him, but I couldn't see him, people were looking all around and a lot of them were standing up like me, blocking me.

Suddenly, Scott jumped a row of seats and he was now standing in front of me huffing and trying to catch his breath. He looked even more handsome than ever. He had a military beige uniform on and even though his hair was disheveled and his chest was moving too fast, I couldn't take my eyes off him.

"Don't go! Please don't take that flight!"

I gazed at him confused as my eyebrows furrowed. "I'm just going to Denmark for a couple of weeks..."

"Denmark?" his eyes turned to Mark who was coughing up fighting to hide the smile off his face. Mark shrugged.

My heart was racing as I bit my lip. There was so much I wanted to tell him and I just couldn't find the right words.

"I'm sorry" He took a step closer "I was such an idiot. You were right" he passed a hand through his hair, "I judge too easily and I tend to hold grudges on everyone and I should have never, ever let you leave the house like that..."

By now, there was a large circle of people surrounding us. Most of them with phones in their hands undoubtedly taking pictures or video. Even though, at that moment I couldn't care less if the Pope was standing between us.

Scott had all my undivided attention.

"I haven't been able to sleep or eat properly since that day...I have regretted it every moment...you were such a brave girl" he smiled at me, "you are a brave and honest girl and you've always acted with your heart rather than your mind...and I...I act with reason rather than heart..."

I cut him in, "I was an idiot, too" my heart was on my throat, "I should have told you, I-"

Scott shook his head, "I would have never let you go. You did the right thing. You always do..." his dark chocolate eyes bored into mine.

I smiled at him, "I'm a klutz, I have no idea about any kind of British protocol and I can't, for the life of me, wear a hat."

He took a step closer and I wanted to jump to his arms at that moment, but I also wanted to hear him out. I needed to hear him out.

Scott shrugged, "you are perfect for me" he swallowed hard, "and I love you."

My heart stopped. My lips parted and I took a sharp intake of breath.

Scott closed the distance between us. His calloused hand caressed my cheek, "I love you so much that it hurts not to be with you." His dark eyes watched me intensely and for a fleeting moment he flushed before kneeling on one knee.

I gasped as he took a small velvety box out of one on the pockets of his pants. I think I heard a general gasp among the people around us, but I couldn't really tell, I was just shocked to see Scott kneeling in front of me.

"Do you want to spend the rest of your life with me?" He opened the box and an extremely shiny and beautiful diamond ring appeared in front of me.

I clasped a hand on my mouth since I was openly gaping at him. Happy tears brimmed on my eyes. Scott gently reached for my left hand as I smiled at him.

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!!!

He softly placed the ring on the tip of my ring finger. His dark husky voice asked softly, "You still haven't said anything, may I?"

I blinked the tears away and swallowed the lump on my throat, "yes!" I bit my lip as the ring slide through my finger, "I love you."

Scott stood up and cupped my cheek. His brown eyes were gleaming. His mouth was curved up in the most beautiful smile I had even seen on him.

"I'm really sorry about everything, Emily, I-"

"Shut up and-" I cut him in before he crashed his chapped lips on mine.

People clasped all around, bringing us back to the Airport. My eyes travelled all around as Scott held me tight. Everywhere I looked there was someone with a phone recording the whole thing and smiling at us. A small sense of panic started to rise in me.

"What about your Grandmother?" I turned to Scott.

He smiled that devilish smile of his, "she won't be able to say a thing about it by making it official so publicly." He kissed me one more time. "It was Mark's idea and I have to say that I promised him to be the Godfather of our first child if this worked..."

We chuckled.

Still smiling, I asked him, "The first? Just how many children do you intend to have?"

Scott's chocolate eyes darkened, "as many as you are willing to bear..."

I shook my head smiling at him.

I'd like to say that we had a fairytale ending and that we lived happily ever after...but I'd be wrong, we did had the rest of our lives together but I was pretty sure that it was going to be complicated and hard...but such is life.

As once Scott told me, this was only the beginning...

______________________________________________________________

OH MY GOD!!

Prince with benefits has been a long journey for me. I have gone through so much and I have learned so many things. I have met new friends and I have surpassed any expectations I ever had on Wattpad...

Honestly? I've just been lucky to write any craziness I've had in mind...you...each and all of you who have clicked on my story and giving me a chance to enter your hearts are the ones who deserve to be #1 on romance or any category for that matter.

Thank you for being so patient and for keeping up with my ups and downs.

The published version is up for sale on Amazon as an ebook or as a paperback through National Bookstores in the Philippines. 

I love you guys!

Do keep reading my stories...remember...this is only the beginning...

PS: I'll write an epilogue soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 9.6K 30
Until now, Princess Eva Windsor was content in knowing she wasn't remotely considered to be the successor to the throne. In fact, she was glad she wa...
5.4K 79 12
Once upon a time... a not so ordinary Prince crashes into a ordinary college girl in the streets of NYC and something is born. They will go through...
32.1M 909K 56
[WINNER OF BEST HISTORICAL FICTION STORY IN THE FICTION AWARDS] There is a story that has been whispered into ear after ear across many countries. It...
21.3K 481 24
The newly widowed Prince of Wales interviews young Lady Diana Spencer for the nanny position to take care of his young sons. Since losing their mothe...