What She Fights For (On hiatu...

By _rudimentary_

"Please don't tell anyone.....just please" I pleaded looking wearily into his eyes. I felt tickles of his min... More

prologue
Chapter 1- Little blondie
Chapter 2- Blame it on the Alcohol?
Chapter 3 - Perks of Detention
Chapter 4- I'll do it
Chapter 5-You owe me
Chapter 6- Property of Dean Taylor
Chapter 7- He's Mine
Chapter 9- "Kingston?"
Chapter 10- "On one condition Kingston "
Chapter 11- Friends with Dean Taylor???
Chapter 12- B.A.D: Broke. As .Dude
Chapter 13- "Your kidding Right?"
Chapter 14- Run Dean Taylor, Run
Chapter 15- All in this together
Chapter 16- I'm not Lacka......
Chapter 17 -Makeover Time: pt 1
Chapter 18- makeover Time pt 2
Chapter 19- um is it just me or is it awkward in here?
Chapter 20- Who's the hot chick?
Chapter 21- Screwed
Chapter 22- I don't dance
Chapter 23- Join the club
Chapter 24- Party too hard.
Chapter 25- Apologies and kisses (part 1)
Chapter 26- Apologies and Kisses (part 2)
Chapter 27- If you insist
Chapter 28- Not the reaction I was expecting
Chapter 29- Starlight
Chapter 30- The supposed older guy

Chapter 8- Fight Night

9.7K 342 16
By _rudimentary_

Chapter 8- Fight Night

And if you're out there tryna move on

But something pulls you back again

I'm sitting here tryna persuade you

Like you're in the same room

- The Script

~*~

Skylar's POV:

"but first....let me take a Selfie!"

"That better not be you singing that stupid song Tori!!"

"What? It catchy." she said raising her hands up defensively as she spun on the chair.

Tori has been singing that annoying 'let me take a selfie' song by the chainsmokers since she watched a random instagram vine a few days ago. I'm seriously getting close to ripping all her hair out if she doesn't stop it.

its Saturday and I couldn't help but be happy not to see Dean's face for a few days. I can still remember all those glares I got from random girls and guys, just because of Stupid Dean.

I feel like there's something I should be doing today, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.......

"Come on, we're supposed to go shopping." Tori interrupted my train of thought.

"But.... its too far." I complained. I really feel like having a lazy day today no worries about annoying people, no having to go to the gym...

"Cam's shouting us food."

"I'm in." I mean I'm tried, but I'll do anything for food.

"I thought so." she smiled knowingly getting of the chair and flopping in the bed next to me.

"Whatever."

"Come on, let's go now. I texted Cam , he's coming like right now." she sighed dramatically getting up and heading to the door.

I stayed lying down, savouring the feel of my bed.

"You coming?" Tori asked looking at me weirdly.

"Oh.....yea." I relented getting up. We headed outside where Cam was already waiting.

"Hey Cammie." I smiled headed to the backseat like usually since Tori adores shotgun. I've always had the feeling that they like each other, but they swear they only like each other as friends. Nonetheless they would be a cute couple if they dated.

"Ugh. Don't call me Cammie." he grunted. "I really need to get some guy friends." he muttered under his breath.

"No you don't because you love us too much." Tori winked playfully getting into her seat.

So now she decides to have good hearing.

"So you ready?" Cam asked not bothering to argue with her statement. Aww.

"to shop?" Tori asked.

"no to twerk on the hood of the car." Cam deadpanned making me stifle a laugh. "of course to shop."

"of course. Till we drop right Skylar." Tori smirked deviously.

oh no

What did I sign myself up for?

~*~

"Food!" I moaned digging in as soon ad Cam brought the meal to the table.

I stuffed fries in my face savouring the taste ;not even caring that I was eating like this in public.

"Woah slow down there Sky, you don't want to choke do you." Tori joked.

I glared at her in return resisting myself from chocking her.

It 4 pm now and we've been shopping for 7 hours. SEVEN!! Like school isn't enough already.

my feet are killing me and I just want to go home and sleep. How Cam and Tori walk around like this practically doing nothing for seven hours without being irritable is beyond me.

"If looks could kill, you'd be charge for first degree murder " Cam commented looking at me carefully like I was going to start glaring at him too.

" I wouldn't be glaring if someone ,.." I said pointedly at Tori still glaring. "didn't drag us to the mall for 7 fricken hours."

"oh please it wasn't even that long." she scoffed.

I gaped at her in disbelief. Did she really just say that?

"you got to be kidd-"

'Say something, I'm giving up on you,

And I'll be the one if you want me to,

anywhere I would've followed you (oh,oh,oh)

say something I'm giving up on you.'

my phone blared cutting me off from what I was going to say. I really need to change my ringtone for Barbara, its so sad.

Wait..... Barbara? Why's she calling? She never calls me during the day.

"um....I have to take this." I choke out to Cam and Tori getting up and leaving to a more secluded area. I took a deep breath before sliding open my phone to accept the call "

"Kingston, where are you? get your sorry excuse of a behind to the the alley near the gym. You should be preparing for the tournament already!!." she rushed out screaming at me.

oh shoot, the tournament, how could I forget. Memories of the last few days flooded my mind. How could I not remember today was the day.

"sorry barb, I'll be there in 10."

"Fine, be quick though." she sighed ending the call.

I quickly rushed back to where Tori and Cam were.

"Guys I'm sorry but I've got to go. I forgot I had something to do later on today."

"Do you want us to drop you off?" Cam asked looking concerned.

"Nah, it's not far. see you guys on Monday." I waved goodbye to them before rushing to the alleyway were Barbara was waiting.

"you ready Kingston?"

"i was born ready."

~*~

I'm in my element. My zone.

As soon as I was in the ring, everything that was worrying me faded away. i 'm not that pathetic girl that 'he' was knew.

For once I feel like I can take control of something.

I punched the bag repeatedly feeling a bead of sweat down my forehead. "Kingston"

"Yea?" I questioned to find. a smirking Barbara.

"practice your roundhouse kicks okay; some of those girls ruthless."

"yes sir." I joked saluting her.

she raised an eyebrow keeping a straight face; almost as if to challenge me for calling her sir.

"I- mean mam?" I corrected watching her face break out into a grin.

This is why I like Barbara. She acts all serious for a 25 year old but is actually really funny and laid back.

"Roundhouse kicks now then your right hook; its a bit off." she demanded going serious again

I sigh back into my position. I went on for another hour before taking a break.

"The tournament's in a few hours. I would rest up as much as I can if I were you." Barbara advised me as she tossed Mr s bottle of water.

"I'll take that into consideration." I gulped being stubborn.

'only you Kingston.' I heard her mutter under her breath.

"have you told your mum where you at yet?"

"Yea. I texted her saying something about visiting an old friend and crashing there."

"And she didn't question it?"

"She doesn't question anything I do anymore." it's true. She knows things are the same and leaves me to deal with them however I want.

Barbara went quiet after that.

"So who are you bidding on? " I asked trying to break some of the tension in the room.

"You of course, your my main girl, my homie."

"Homie?" I laughed.

"Damn straight Kingston."

"Oh. my. gosh. please , never do that again."

"No promises." her eyes twinkled with mischief.

I saw Barbara check her watch and her face turned serious again.

"it's time isn't it."

"haha you make it sound like your going to war." she chuckled seeing my stony expression.

"Might as well be."

***

Hola!! I updated. I'm sorry if its not the chapter. I kind of rushed it cause I had 2 assignments due this week and I still wanted to update this. Not proofread no excuse the mistakes.

I decided I might put song lyrics and quotes in some chapters so hope you like them :)

It's finally her fight night. I bet a lot of you have been waiting for this. Do you think Dean will be there? Will she win her fight? ..........Until next time ;) ............

don't forget to:

vote

comment

share

& follow

Enjoy Geeklings :) <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...
265K 10.7K 24
Sudden death changes everything. Started with a slap, a punch, a kick or two. Until it got to more, more than Skylar Rose can handle. Skylar's mom to...
40.5K 404 33
Charlotte has just finished her third year in college with her best friend Lacey, both excited to go back to there hometown for the summer as well as...
1.2M 18.6K 60
Amara Brady, the schools nerd, her name unknown to any normal persons ears. Straight A's and perfect homework, but what if it's just a coverup? Ou...