Chapter 22- I don't dance

Dedicated to Simy123 for being a dedicated reader.

Video of I won't dance from Step up 3D (Moose and Camille scene) Sorry for the bad quality :(

Chapter 22- I don't dance

I won't dance, don't ask me

I won't dance Madame with you

My heart won't let my feet do things that they should do

You know what, you're lovely you know what, you're so lovely

And you know what you do to me

I'm like an ocean wave that's bumped on the shore

I feel so absolutely stumped on the floor

-Will Young

Skylar's POV:

RECAP:

Dean is heaving heavily and his jaw is clenching and unclenching. His fist are clenched tightly together and his glaring lasers in Courtney's back.

"Dean, calm down." I prompt unclenching his fist and entwining them with mine. I felt a bolt of electricity shot through me. I tried to ignore it but the intense look he was giving me was hard not to.

 At that moment I knew I Skylar Kingston was officially screwed because I like Dean Taylor.

I have a crush of Dean fricken Taylor.

~*~

"Why didn't you tell me?" Dean asks angrily but I can hear the hint of hurt in his voice. After Dean calmed down he dragged me off outside to a secluded bench to no doubt to get answers. I didn't fight him because I knew he was already angry and he knows everything that happened.

"I didn't want to get you worried over nothing." I defend look down at my lap.

"Nothing? You've got a fricken bruises from that b-"

"Nuh uh Dean just cause she was jealous and you're angry at her doesn't mean you need to swear." I scold.

A heart-stopping smile surfaces his face making my face heat up.

I really am screwed.

"Such a saint aren't you Pipsqueak."

"I'm pretty sure saints don't fight." I smile jokingly. Its once of the first times I brought it up since we became friends.

"Damn straight and they don't look that hot either." Dean smirks making me scoff.

"Yea right, getting your face kicked in is so attractive."

"not when I was watching, speaking of, why do you even fight?" My mood instantly  dampened making me remember my dad.

"  That's something I'm not ready to talk about." I say more fiercely then intended taking Dean by surprise. "Sorry." I sigh. "i-its not that I don't want to tell you, it's just I need more time."

like never.

Dean nods in understanding a steers the topic away immediately.

"Do you think we would be friends if you didn't blackmail me?" I asks randomly, genuinely curious.

" Probably not, but I'm glad I did because it turns out your pretty awesome Skylar Kingston."

Breathe. Sky, breathe.