Chat Mates Again

By kimpyvon

They say distance is just a number, and when someone means so much, no matter how far, it would not matter. H... More

A/N
one: start of something new
two: alpha & beta
three: double t
four: me and the really pink house
five: a dungeon of wolves
six: ok hotshot, what else u got
seven: why can't i have my twinkies
eight: building connections
nine: change the system
ten: show 'em the big guns
eleven: tension
twelve: belle of the ball

Previously on Chat Mate

1.4K 39 13
By kimpyvon

~* Kimberly Wales *~

"Kim!! Let's go! We'll be late for the ceremony!"

I heard mom's voice from downstairs, while I'm struggling with the curling iron..

"Just a minute. Hold on!"

When I'm satisfied, I sprinted downstairs and smiled. I saw mom shed a tear as she held the camera close to her chest.

"You look beautiful, honey. I am so proud of you."

"Thanks mom." I smiled, walking towards her to give her a big hug.

"I still can't believe you're graduating already. Time flies so fast. I am so proud of you, honey. I am so proud I have a daughter like you. You grew up to be a very beautiful, strong and smart girl." Mom's words made me tear up, as I hugged her tight.

"It wasn't all me. It's you too, mom. It must be hard for you to be fulfilling two roles instead of one. Being a mother and a father to me. It's a huge responsibility and I can't thank you enough for that. You did a great job. You're also an amazing friend."

My tears started to fall when I said this. It's true. Despite me constantly complaining about her cooking, she still did an amazing job. She's the best mom in the world, and I couldn't ask for more.

"Oh stop it you!" She laughed, slapping my arm playfully, "You're getting both of us emotional here. Well, what's not to be emotional about? My baby is going to college!"

"Now mom, I promised to call you every night when I get to Boston."

"Geez, why does my daughter have to be so smart leaving me here all alone while she goes to college?" She hugged me tight. "So which school are you going to? Have you decided yet?"

"I haven't thought about it yet.." Although I already have.

Harvard has always been my dream school since I was a kid. I've always wanted to become a lawyer, and I believe Harvard is a great school that would offer me many opportunities.

"What about Troy?"

I frowned the moment mom asked that question. I don't know any of his plans mainly because he doesn't want to talk about it.

"I'll have to ask him that later."

*Ding Dong*

The doorbell chimed, and mom quickly answered the door revealing the one and only flirty.

"Hello beautiful." He smirks, while walking towards me.

"Hello flirty." I replied back, running towards him to give him a hug.

"Awe, look at the cute love birds. Now, run along, we must go we might be late to the ceremony." Mom cooed, getting her car keys from the coffee table.

❤️

We arrived at school ten minutes before the ceremony starts. I scanned the crowd, trying to find Tyler, Miley, Cassy and Terry.

When we spotted them, I said my goodbyes to my mom and sat with my friends. I sat next to Miley and Terry, while Troy sat next to Tyler and Cassy.

The ceremony is quite boring - The names are being called one by one as each student receives their diploma and a handshake from the principal, pictures are being taken, and the valedictorian delivering the speech.

When my name was called, I received my diploma, along with some awards I got from competitions. My mom graced the stage with teary eyes and a proud smile on her face.

We're going to have a celebratory barbeque at my house.

After the ceremony, we're all chatting on our seats about anything under the sun, reminiscing the events of the past year.

"Can you believe it? We're already graduating high school? I'm so not ready for college yet." Cassy complains.

"What are your plans?" Terry asked the bunch.

"I passed Brown?" Cassy excitedly announced.

"Wow, you're pretty smart for a cheerleader." Terry teased, earning her a slight shove from Cassy. "I passed Brown too. So I guess I'll be sticking with this bitch for a while."

"You plan on studying there? For real now?" Terry nodded her head, making Cassy squeal in delight.

"Well, I guess I have one friend in university now."

"What about you guys?" Terry asked.

"Oh my family and I are moving to NYC because I plan on studying in Columbia University." Miley answered.

"Wow, Miles. What are you taking in Columbia?" I asked.

"History."

"That's awesome, Miles." Tyler smiled. "What about you, Kim?"

"Well, I... wanted to be near Troy.. so I have no idea where I want to go yet...."

Half lie. I wanted to know where Troy is going and no matter how pathetic it may seem, I'm willing to 'compromise' since I took exams in other universities as well. I've heard a lot about long distance relationships and how they rarely work and I want to make us work.

"Troy?"

Troy is awfully silent the whole time, as if he's lost and it bothered me quite a bit.

"Huh? Oh, um.. I don't know," He glancced back at me, and smiled faintly.

"Well, you better decide soon because time is ticking." Cassy says, "What about you, Tyler?"

I didn't hear Tyler's answer, or what they were talking about afterwards because my attention and focus was at Troy. Is something bothering him?

The five of us went back to my house, where we're having a celebratory barbecue, to of course, celebrate our graduation.

I was helping mom unloading the car full of groceries, while Tyler and Troy are setting up the grill.

Miley, Cassy and Terry are responsible with the preparation of the salad, the potatoes and other things we could include with the barbeque.

"You seem awfully quiet. Something bothering you?" Mom asked.

"Mom... I don't understand why Troy is being silent about it. I mean, I will understand if he plans on studying in a different university. I could go with him!"

"Honey, maybe that's the reason he's not telling you. He doesn't want you to sacrifice your dreams for him."

"Well, there are other good schools, mom. I could just opt to study in Harvard afterwards. I mean, our relationship is still fresh, and the foundation may not be that stable yet so distance is going to be a problem."

I saw mom bite her lip, while she arranged the frozen burger patties.

"I suggest you go talk to him about it."

❤️

All of us gathered around, while the boys are grilling.

Cassy and Terry were talking nonstop about all the things they plan on doing in Brown and in New Jersey in general.

Miley's talking to my mom about her move to NYC with her family, which is really great for her since she seems ecstatic about it, while I'm left confused.

I decided on quietly eating my food, chatting with the girls, having a hard time reaching Troy as he seems to be avoiding me.

Finally, when I got the chance, I pulled Troy's arm and dragged him with me away from the crowd, and to the streets where we can talk alone.

"What's the problem?" Troy asked, a slight irritation in his voice making me irritated as well.

"My problem? What's with you? It's like you're avoiding me."

He shrugged his shoulders in response, which made me a bit annoyed.

"Is this about Harvard?"

"No," He snaps back, "I want you to reach your dreams so I'm not mad about that. I'm mad at myself...."

"Why?" My expression softened, seeing as his facial features look sad. "Tell me."

"I did not pass Harvard...." There was a sadness in his voice I could not comprehend.

"Well, that's fine. We don't need to go to the same school. Anywhere in Boston is fine-"

"I'm studying in UPenn." He cut me off, making me gape at him.

"UPenn? Philadelphia? That's.... around 6 hours away from Boston."

"Through car."

"Well, I can think of something-"

"I'm leaving tomorrow." He blurted out, suddenly.

"What? No... that's too fast."

"I had to move in. I had to settle, and familiarize myself with the place. School starts in a few months and I needed to be serious." He replied, his gaze still on the floor.

"I-I'll come with you-"

"No, Kim." Troy interrupted, "You will go to Harvard because that's your dream."

"Was my dream." I mumbled to myself. Tears streaming down my cheeks.

I know I'm being overly emotional, but the thought of not being able to see Troy everyday like how I see him before pains me.

It saddens me how much time I've wasted hating on him before, and who would've thought there will come a day that I will dread being apart from him?

He quirked up an eyebrow and I see he was confused with what I said.

"You're part of my dreams now."

I choked up the tears. What can I say? I fell hard for the guy.

He watched me with loving eyes, hugging me tight.

"Hey, I'll be here. I'll be waiting. It's just a couple of years, and I can visit you whenever I can."

"But it won't be the same anymore... I can't touch you anymore whenever I want to touch you. I can't hug you or kiss you anymore whenever I please. I can't cry to you anymore when I feel like it. I'm scared of the future, Troy. I'm scared of long distance relationships. I'm scared that we might not have time for each other anymore and break up."

I know I'm being paranoid but that's just me.

I love Troy, more than I can ever hope to show to him. I love every argument we have. I love how he teases me, then I get mad. I love how he knows me. I love the way he smiles, the way he touches me, the way he knows what makes me tick.

He cupped my cheeks, kissing my lips gently, softly, and with so much emotion in them.

"We won't break up. And if we do, we'll find our way back to each other. I'll find you. No matter what happens. Heck, I'll stalk you even if you might hate me for it." I laughed at this part, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"I love you, Kim. I want you to reach your dreams. I'll be here to support you every step of the way. I may not be there physically, but I am in here." He softly points at his left chest. "In your heart."

"I love you too," I managed to say in between tears. "You promised!"

"I did." He smiled, kissing me once more. "Let's go back?"

"Yeah,"

❤️

* ~ Troy Milton ~ *

I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, checking the time.

It's quarter to one in the afternoon and I just arrived in Philadelphia.

I took out my map, with directions, and tried to locate the apartment I rented for my stay.

When I finally did, I checked in, checked my room out; and decided on spicing up the place, my style.

It was hard saying goodbye to the woman you love; but what made it a little easier is our love for each other. I know we're young, but that doesn't mean we are incapable of true love, or the idea of it.

I know she is the one, that is why I am willing to wait.

I was closing my eyes to rest when...

*Ding!*

It's been a while I heard of that sound. I opened my phone and smiled.

IloveT: See you soon! I love you, I'll be waiting. x

❤️

*~ Kimberly Wales ~*

A month has passed since Troy left.

My mom was having sepanx, or what we call separation anxiety. She has called me almost four times today.

"Take care, alright?" I hear her sniffling at the other end of the line. "Don't skip meals. No parties! No drinking! No-"

"Yes mom, I'll be good here." I smiled, unpacking my stuff and taking in my new dorm room here in Harvard.

I decided to take a stroll in my new school. Take in the sights, take in the people, take in the new environment I'll be surrounding myself for four years.

The new environment without Troy.

It still pains me how he can't see what I'm seeing right now. Although I can take pictures of the campus and send it to him via chatmates.com, it's still different if he's seeing it with his very eyes.

However, I know myself that he is the one. It may not seem like it at first, after all the drama we've been through, but now that I look back, it fascinates me how you meet one person and everything changes. Your once dead world comes to life. Everything gray becomes with color. Is this the feeling of love? The experience is refreshing and profound at the same time. It's all new to me, and I know I could not let go of this feeling, I could not let go of Troy.

Someone told me, distance could either make a heart grow fonder or make a heart forget. Distance is just a number when you think about it. If two people are faithful to each other, and still communicate despite all the circumstances that try to pull them away from each other, they would make it work. Anything can work if you think about it. I guess it depends on the will and determination to do so.

I guess I'm rambling right now, because I really miss Troy right now. I wish he's here with me.

*Ding*

The sound reminded me of the first time I heard it. The anticipation of hearing it, the thrill of opening a message from this mysterious guy I met in a chat site.

And to think it was Troy all along. I shook my head, a dumb smile plastered on my face, as I remembered where everything started.

I pulled out my phone, opening a message from Troy.

iloveK: How's first day? I miss you. I wish you're here right now. There's a funny looking student here dressed as a chicken. I'm not sure why. I'm killing it at Math, by the way. ;)

*Tap tap tap*

IloveT: I suppose, you will always be an arrogant bastard. ;)

*Ding*

IloveK: Well, you love me for it. ;)

I was sheepishly smiling at my phone, as I type my reply, when--

*Thump*

I fell to the ground, and so did the person infront of me.

"I am so sorry... I wasn't looking..." I say repeatedly, as a pair of hands pulled me up.

I gasped, when a familiar looking face stared right back at me.

"Tyler?"

"Looks like we'll be schoolmates after all." Tyler smiled back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 1.9K 18
Ever wondered what it's like to be a boy? You're about to find out. Love isn't meant to be easy, everybody knows that, but is it meant to be this ha...
121K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...
708K 20.6K 32
[Completed] She's back but this time there is a new boy in her life. Lets just say they don't get along. When Jason threatens not just her but her ga...
134K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...