And Then He Fell

By bluriver

Drew Rangle, quarterback of his high school football team, is dating gorgeous cheerleader, Elle Martin. When... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12B
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Bonus Chapter: Elise and Adam's Date
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Author's Note
Chapter 31 - Drew
Chapter 32 - Emily
Chapter 33 - Ellie
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Drew
Chapter 37 - Emily
Chapter 38 - Ellie
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Epilogue: Part 2
Epilogue: Part 3

Chapter 12A

208K 3.6K 1.3K
By bluriver

I know that this is not a long enough chapter. If I wrote everything I wanted to about what happens at the party, it would be a very long chapter. I know that wouldn't be a problem, since many of you want longer chapters, but I don't know when I'd be able to post it. That being said, I'm going to make Drew's party cover two chapters, then combine them later. I figured you would rather read some than none. Don't worry........all the juicy parts are yet to come! I hope you enjoy it, and thanks so much for your continued support!!

Pic of right is Grey Damon as Mike.

***********************************************************************************************************************

DREW

The game was great. Our team managed to win by two touchdowns. I was on an adrenaline rush. I was standing on the sidelines as the game ended, when Ellie came rushing toward me. I scooped her up and twirled her around.

"Congratulations!" she squealed, kissing me full on the lips. I kissed her back, then broke away and put her down gently.

"Thanks," I said.

My eyes were drawn to where Jake was standing. I watched how he walked over to where Em was in the stands. They embraced, and he leaned in for a kiss. Every muscle in my body tensed. Why did it bother me that those two were kissing? I had just kissed Ellie seconds before.

I didn't have feelings for Em. Well, not romantic ones. I was dating Ellie, and Em was just my friend. I really hope these strange reactions to all things Em Martin I was having were gone soon. I really liked Em, but I couldn't deal with this.

"I'm just gonna run home and change, then I'll be over for the party," Ellie said, patting me on the butt before walking off towards the school.

I walked over to where Em and Jake were standing. Adam was there, too. Em and Adam had both agreed to go back to my house as soon as the game was over to welcome the guests that came before I got there. I still had to run to the locker rooms and change.

"You guys all set?" I asked them.

"Yeah, we were just saying goodbye to Jake, then we were going to head over," Em said.

It took me a second to respond, since I was distracted by Em and Jake's entwined hands.

"Great! You guys have Adam's car?" I checked.

"Yep," Adam said, giving me a quizzical look.

I wondered what that was for.

EMILY

As Adam pulled out of the parking lot, he sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"It's that girl I've been talking to. I told her I was going to a party this weekend, and she said she might come. It seemed like the perfect way to meet face to face for the first time. I was really excited," he explained.

"I'm guessing something went wrong?" I inquired.

"I told her the address, and she stopped talking. Then she said she wouldn't be able to make it," he commented.

"Aw, poor Adam. You'll meet her. Maybe she's just nervous. Have you seen her picture yet? Maybe she's afraid you won't like her," I suggested.

"We agreed to be surprised. I didn't want to show her mine, either. I was afraid she'd run away screaming," he exclaimed.

"You are way too hard on yourself. You're not a bad looking guy," I stated.

"Says the girl who refuses to look in mirrors," Adam retorted.

"Yeah, but you're not fat. And, you don't have a skinny replica of what you should look like running around in front of you all the time," I said.

"It's no secret that I think Ellie is smokin' hot, but I'm glad you don't look like her. Not that my wish for you wouldn't be to have you be hot, but," he stammered.

I laughed. "I don't know how I'd handle being hot. I would just like to be thinner," I explained.

"I know," Adam exclaimed. "It's just that I like you this way. You'd probably act differently if you looked different. You might not want to be my friend."

"You're too much," I chuckled, shoving his shoulder playfully.

As we parked in the Rangle's driveway, Adam began speaking again.

"I think he likes you," Adam blurted out.

"Who?" I asked, confused by what he meant. "Jake?"

"Well, him, too," he answered, "but I was talking about Drew."

I had been putting the key into the lock when he had spoken, and I stopped dead in my tracks. Drew didn't like me. We were friends - now.

"What are you smoking, Naysmith?" I asked him.

"I'm serious, Em. He's been so weird lately. I even caught him staring at this piece of paper the other day. Turns out they were your compatibility test results. Really? A 94 percent? And you didn't think to tell me?" he ranted.

"He was embarrassed," Adam continued before I had a chance to reply. "Not because of the score, but because he was staring at them and smiling like a lovesick school girl. Then tonight, when he came over to talk to us, did you see the way he was looking at Jake? I thought he was going to tackle him for holding your hand."

I shook my head side to side.

"You're crazy," I said, finally gathering enough wherewithal to open the front door.

"Maybe you can't see it, but he might as well have a neon sign floating above his head that says, 'I dig Emily Martin,'" Adam said, exasperated.

"Whatever," I replied.

I really didn't know what to think of Adam's assumptions about Drew. I mean, Drew would never like me, would he? He had been off lately, but I think it was stress from Elle always pressuring him for sex. Poor guy, he was probably the only guy who was trying not to have sex. I highly doubt that my fat self would be any reason for him to be acting all goofy. I was pretty sure that if he truly loved Elle, it was practically impossible that he could ever feel any type of romantic feelings for me. Drew was an attractive guy, but I was with Jake now, and he was pretty cool. Drew wouldn't be interested in his girlfriend's sister or his good friend's girlfriend, and I was both.

"You'll see," Adam teased. "One of these nights, he's going to pay you a visit, and you'll both be changed forever."

"Ew! Adam! Don't say stuff like that! I will NEVER feel that way about Drew. He doesn't feel like that about me, either. Now, go get the snacks ready for the party. And set up the music, too, please," I asked.

I ran upstairs to change quickly. I wore a low cut black top, which accentuated what little cleavage I had. It was somewhat slimming, and I liked the way it clung to all the right places and failed to touch all of the wrong places. I also wore my tummy tightening jeans, which were extremely comfortable. For a fat girl, I felt like I looked pretty good, considering.

*************************************************************************

ELIZABETH

The party was in full swing when I arrived. Drew had pulled up seconds before me, and was waiting by the door until I reached him. I put my arm around his waist and pulled him close to me. As we walked into the crowded house, Drew exclaimed, "I have to go find Em. I just want to make sure she did everything. Then I'll be back."

"Okay," I said. "Just don't be long."

I watched him walk away into the crowd. Drew had no sooner disappeared into the sea of dancing bodies when Mike appeared beside me.

"Hey, Ellie. Is your boy still your boy, or has he gone over to the fat side?" he asked.

"Hey! First of all, my sister isn't fat, she's chunky. Second of all, my boyfriend does not have a thing for my sister," I defended.

"We'll see about that. What I have in mind should prove to you that I'm right and you're wrong," he explained.

"Oh, really?" I asked, not really believing him.

He then put his finger on my shoulder, and let it travel suggestively all the way down to where the very low V-neck collar of my tight navy dress met my ample cleavage. I shivered from his touch, wishing he were Drew.

"You should stop playing with boys and start playing with men, Ellie. A man would give you what you want," he said.

How did he know that Drew was not meeting my needs sexually? I thought he was probably bluffing.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I began. "Drew and I have sex all the time."

Mike laughed. "I've never seen anyone so ready to pop from the frustration of having what they want right at their fingertips, yet being unable to reach it. You wouldn't have to reach with me, sweet thing. I would be more than happy to fill the empty hole in your life.....in more ways than one," he crooned, as he placed his lips on mine, touching them ever so softly.

My body trembled from his closeness, but I tried to hide it from him. I did not want Mike to realize how much his touch had fueled my inner fire. I needed Drew. And I needed him now.

A few minutes later, Drew sauntered over toward me with a drink in his hand. He handed me the drink, and I took it in my right hand. Then, grabbing Drew with my left hand, I pulled him toward his bedroom.

"I need you to take me," I breathed into his ear as I attacked his mouth with mine, putting my drink on the desk by the bedroom doorway.

He responded by kissing me back wholeheartedly. His arms wrapped around me, and he pulled me closer. I could feel him becoming excited, and I thought I might be getting lucky tonight. I wrapped my legs around his waist, and teased his hardness with my lower half.

"We can't do this," he panted.

"Yes we can," I answered. "I have protection."

I pulled the condom from my push up bra, giving him every opportunity to ogle my perky bosom. I pushed him down on the bed, and sat on his lap. As I was preparing to wrap myself around him yet again, he started to shake his head.

"No, we can't do this," he said, looking at anything except for me. "Not now. Not like this."

I sighed. "Why don't you want me?" I almost screamed. "I am hot! I have been your girlfriend for six years! I have been by your side at every social event in our lives! Please just give me this one thing!"

He sat in his desk chair, then put his head in his hands.

"Ellie, it's not like that. I have been thinking about a lot of things lately. I'm not sure that....." he was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Hey Drew," Adam called, "Mike has organized some kind of strange game, and he needs your help right now."

I looked at Drew, silently begging for him to stay and make this the most exciting night in my life. Instead, he kissed me passionately, then departed to help solve whatever crisis stupid Mike had going on downstairs.

************************************************************************************************************************

Please vote and/or comment. I laugh when I read about how much you hate Ellie, about how deep in denial you think Drew is when it comes to his feelings toward Emily, and about many other topics. Thanks so much for reading! It means a lot. :-)

Hmmm. I wonder what kind of game Mike has organized. I bet some of you know already.

Do you think Drew will cave and sleep with Ellie?

I'm hoping to update soon, but I also have to update CFY.....my readers have been waiting.

Don't worry though, I've got the next chapter of ATHF written in my mind.....I just have to put it on paper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 588 31
After every thing going with the relationship of both of the Flynn bothers it's time for a new chapter come read a long and go through college with t...
238K 6K 38
Lynn Foster's life was completely turned upside down when star quarterback Brady Quinn's family moved in across the street on the first day of summer...
27.5K 700 23
This story is about Madelynn Walker. Lynn is popular and athletic. She's on the football team, the soccer team, and the golf team. She has a reputati...
185K 2.8K 21
drew is the older sister of Elle. but also Noah and her are exactly like Lee and Elle. what happens is Elle had feelings for lee. stay tuned to find...