One of the Guys

By Girlmeetsworld4ever

Maya and Riley are getting annoyed with their friends. Since it seems to be only boys they have as friends, t... More

B A C K G R O U N D
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T H T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O

T W E N T Y

1.1K 46 16
By Girlmeetsworld4ever

T W E N T Y : I'm Done.

R I L E Y   M A T H E W S

"We need to talk?"

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"Shut up."

"Fine", Maya laughs before chapping her lips together and putting a straight face on. "Talk."

"Not here."

"But it's the bay window", Maya gasps.

"We need somewhere more private", I say gesturing to my family peeking their heads through my bedroom door. They could never be undercover spies if they already stink at eavesdropping, which I thought was suppose to be stealthy and sneaky. Clearly, it ain't. "Somewhere more serious", I continue, "because this- what I'm about to tell you- is very important."

Maya nodded, grabbing my hand and setting it on her thigh, rubbing the back of it with her thumb. "Honey, Honey", she said with a hidden smile, "if you wet your bed again then I think your parents should know."

"Maya..." I glared with a warning voice. "Shut. Up."

"Fine", Maya laughed as she set my hand back down and stood up. Her shirt rose up - exposing her mid stomach - as she made the superman pose. "Up, up and awaaaaaay." She zoomed (crawled) out the bay window with one of her heels falling off in the process.

About twenty minutes later we end up at the children's park a couple blocks away from home. Kids run, scream, laugh, and chat all under our feet. We are currently on top of the playground set that is shaped like a castle, hanging our feet over the edge of the tower. Once every minute or so a kid comes stumbling by with bulging eyes wanting to climb up here too, but Maya's says something that makes the kid go cry to his mommy or daddy every single time.

"What do you think?" I ask spreading my arms wide and gesturing to our new private spot.

"I think you should have grabbed my shoe before you chased me down a couple blocks", Maya says. She seems a tad mad. "You do realize I limped all the way here and practically fell into a old man after I tripped on his hotdog. So what do I think? Let me-"

"There are children!" I hissed at her. She snapped her mouth shut and just glared. "You need to get your eyes fixed. You glare way to much."

"You-"

"Children", I warned.

She sighed and said, "just tell me this 'serious' information that you could have told me at the bay window."

"Actually, I have nothing serious to say. I just wanted to hang out with you."

"You-" a bunch of words were released that I'm pretty sure I am not allowed to say. And neither is she. "I-" there went some more as the people below us just started to leave. "This-" and more. At this point parents were leaving with their children to somewhere more... Maya free.

"You done?" I ask after what feels like forever and everyone is gone. Maya sucked in a huge breath and then slowly let it out to calm herself down. "Cool. Soooo, how are you?"

"Terrible, awful, angry, mad, shall I go on?"

"No you may not", I tell her. She rolls her eyes at the bit of sass in my tone and probably thinking how I am such a princess with a jar full of sunshine. "Though, I do enjoy our lovely conversations." She only grins and I grin back, wiggling my eyebrows which makes her break out into a fit of laughter.

"You look so wrong doing that." She try's to control her laughter but fails as I continue. "Why?" She she questions, "what does that even mean?"

"You do it", I challenge, playfully shoving her shoulder with mine.

"Fine." She puts her game face on. Right as she is about to go, I attack her with my claws and start tickling her uncontrollably. "O-okay, s-s-stop", she begs, loosing terribly. "P-please, I'mmm gonna fa-all". I quickly stop in fear for her.

"Is Maya Hart scared?" I tease. "I thought Maya Hart is not afraid of anything."

"I'm not scared", she snaps. "I'm young and don't want to plummet to my death, got it?"

"Yes." No! "Anyways", I say, moving on. "How is mission: One of the Guys going?"

"Let's see." She rubs her chin like their is a long beard hanging there. "The boys are hogs and I get no food, I met this boy who is smoke'n but turns out to be gay, I have to wake up at the crack of dawn everyday, I finally get to play more in games, everyday I'm surrounded with sweaty pigs, I saw Zay's balls - do not recommend by the way- and I started my period, the entire team found out, last night was a huge disaster to bring back rucas, and I am positive mission one of the guys is ov-"

"No, it can't be over", I interrupt. It can't be. "This is actually perfect. Since they all know u are a girl, we need have already proved to them girls can be guys too. Now, we just need to prove to them even more. You need to work extra hard to be the best on the field, okay?"

"Riles", Maya says in a soothing voice as she touches my shoulder with her palm, which shuts me up from ranting. "I'm not gonna quit." That gives me relief as she continues. "Things are actually going pretty well. I'm starting to think we were over exaggerating in the beginning about this entire thing. Maybe the guys aren't that bad, they are just dumb."

How can she say that? This was her plan to start with. She's the one who wanted to do this, she's the one who was angry with them, what changed? "Maya, did something happen?"

"A lot of things went down last night." She looks down at her lap as she says so. I'm pretty sure I see a frown plastered where her smile should be. "It's was not exactly how I wanted to bring in the new year. Where were you?"

"I was with Farkle the rest of the night. We left. The party was too much for us and they way you sound right now, I'm glad we did. What happened?"

"Smack got drunk, really drunk. She was on top of  a shed dancing and singing half naked. Also Smarkle might be over."

"No!" I gasp. "I love smarkle. What she do?"

"She kissed Zay."

"It probably did not mean anything."

"I know, but I just feel bad for Farkle. What has he ever done to her? Nothing.  I care about him and you care about him. All I want is to show that little punk my fist."

"Did anything else happen?"

"We left Zay and Smackle in another car and left them there. Oops."

"We?"

"Me and Lucas."

At the mention of his name my stomach starts to turn. Especially, hearing Maya's name with his. I am not jealous. I can't be. I won't be.

"We did not realize we left them till we both got to his house. It was late and we were both tired. I don't think we even made it to his bed."

"Excuse me?"

"Anyway, we woke up hours later on the floor in his room with his phone going off. That reminds me, did you know his ring tone was sexy with my shirt off?" I nod. Of course I know, he  was my boyfriend. "It's hilarious. You should have seen his face."

"I didn't know you two were so close."

"Trust me, we aren't." Doesn't seem like that. "Anyway, the phone call was from Zay and-" As she talked about her night with Lucas, there was no longer a frown on her face. And at some parts she would crack a laugh, but I never found one bit of this humorous. Soon I was adjusting myself to get off this play set and let her enjoy her fantasy with Lucas. Though, I did not need to hear her declare her love for him any longer, unless I wanted a major migraine. "Riley", she called once I set foot on the stairs. "Where you going?"

"Home", I state with bitter in my tone.

"Why? I thought we were hanging out, you know in 'private'?"

"Not anymore", I say and walk over to the slide and slide down, my butt landing on the gravel. I hurry and stand up and start walking away. Then I hear Maya slide down and her feet running across the gravel.

"Wait." She gets in front of me, blocking my path. "What just happened? What's wrong? Did I say something?"

"It's what you didn't say. Stop being subtle and just say it already. Go for it", I urge her on. My face turning red with anger. "Say it! Declare your love for Lucas!"

"Who said I love Lucas?"

"You."

"No I did not. And if I did , why would you care? You've been telling me how you despise him so much and everything, and how you hate him with all your heart."

"I do not hate him", I yell getting all up in her face.

"Then why do you not take him back? Why did you slap him at the game? Is it because of that stupid text message? Well, guess what? Get over it! That text message was a mistake. Lucas hates himself for it, he is sorry, and all he wants is you back."

"I don't want him back!"

"Then why you jealous?"

"Whatever. I'm out of here."  Maya turns around and starts to walk away.

"Fine! Walk away just like your-"

"My what?"

"Nothing."

"No, say it. It ain't nothing. Say it!"

"Your father."

"That's it, I'm done. I'm done with this mission. I'm done with Lucas. And I'm done with you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 90 27
"Do you love her? Are you in love with her?" "Not like I love you. Not the way I'm in love with you." Sadness, heartbreak, and betrayal High school h...
3.1K 64 27
Lucas and Maya have been really close friends for a while, but are keeping/learning secrets about eachother
76.9K 2.5K 48
Lucas and Maya met each other in an orphanage when they were 13. As time went on the two of them got very close and they ended up falling for each ot...
29.6K 569 20
They say opposites attract. Boy were they correct. Maya and Lucas have always been opposites. Maya likes to tease Lucas about... Everything. Everybod...