Surviving Life with the O'Con...

By RealityCheck101

Brooklyn Ryan thought she had enough trouble with her two very annoying, older, twin brothers; Drew and Kyle... More

Chapter 1- The Life of Brooklyn Ryan
Chapter 3- High School or Four Years In Hell
Chapter 4- Maybe, he's not all that bad.
Chapter 5- Minor Sleepover Crisis
Chapter 6- Stay Out
Chapter 7- When Morning Hits
Chapter 8- Not So Perfect
Chapter 9- Yes, Fruit
Chapter 10- The One With The Excuses
Chapter 11- Surviving Dinner Time
Chapter 12- Night Plans
Chapter 13- So This is What Death Feels Like
Chapter 14- Word Of Advice
Chapter 15- Silence is Deadly
Chapter 16- All Out Now
Chapter 17- Heart to Heart
Chapter 18- Addicted to Love
Chapter 19- A Brother's Car Can NEVER be Taken
Chapter 20- O'Conner Drama
Chapter 21- Oops, I Did It Again
Chapter 22- Live A Little
Chapter 23 - Parker's Day
Chapter 24- O'Conner Party Surprises
Chapter 25 - Papa O'Conner
Chapter 26- Something Called Heartbreak
Chapter 27- Squad Night
Chapter Twenty- Nine- A Ryan Gets A Driver's License!
Chapter Thirty- Face To Face with an O'Conner
Chapter Thirty-One- Mysterious O'Conner Boys
Chapter Thirty-Two -Spit It Out O'Conner!
Chapter Thirty-Three -The Parental Approval
Chapter Thirty-Four - The Never Ending Growing Pile of Dresses
Chapter Thirty-Five - Three O'Conners Down Two to Go
Chapter Thirty-Six- Train Rides Suck
Chapter Thirty-Seven- Young Couple These Days
Chapter Thirty-Eight- Stormy Dance Night
Chapter Thirty-Nine- Hazy Emotions
Chapter Forty- The Daddy Talk
Chapter Forty-One- One Step Forward Two Steps Back
Chapter Forty-Two- Breaking news
Chapter Forty-Three- Change In Direction
Chapter Forty-Four- In The Clouds
Chapter Forty-Five- Bitter Sweet Moments
Chapter Forty-Six-You And Me
Chapter Forty-Seven- The End
Epilogue

Chapter 2- Surprise, Surprise, O'Conners

198K 4.9K 2.3K
By RealityCheck101

Chapter 2- Surprise, Surprise, O'Conners

Still standing there I felt my legs going numb. Feeling self-conscious and a bit nervous. Sure I'm a pretty girl, but I'm no Victoria Secret Angle. Regular brown hair, hazel green eyes, high cheek bones, full lips, angular face, and thankfully acne free.

But compared to these boys they just made you feel like you should hide yourself in a closet. All of them with nicely styled hair and mesmerizing sea colored eyes; they could all win for America's next top model...well if they ever featured guys on the show.

Looking at each one in the eyes-but not for too long- I tried so hard to remember their faces. I might have only been a baby, but maybe I've seen them before...or maybe not. Or, okay, it was my excuse to check them out, I'll admit it! Even though they were looking at the three of us or around the room one of the boys just kept their eyes on me. And every time I looked over to him he would just keep starring. I would look away quicker than lightning when he caught me. Didn’t know staring was rude? Gosh.

"Brooklyn." My father coughed, interrupting my thoughts.

"Mm? Oh. Yeah?" I replied trying to remember anything his just said.

"I said to introduce yourself to the boys. They're the ones I said who we'll be living with for the next few months."

"Oh. Yeah, I'm Brooklyn." I greeted feeling awkward as all five handsome guys starred at me.

"Well no shit." Drew muttered under his breath so I could hear him. I gave him the similar death stare from this morning as he quickly looked away.

"Boys why don't you introduce yourselves, hm." Dad offered with a gesture of his hand.

"I'm Brody, I'm seventeen, the oldest, and most handsome out of all O’Conner’s." The one sitting on the left side of the couch said snootily. Yeah, he’s either going to be really good friends with Drew or each other’s worst nightmare.

"I'm-I'm Nathan. I'm sixteen. I like sports. And what Brody said was a lie. I'm obviously more beautiful." He replied cockily running his hand through his hair. The same one who kept on staring at me.

I rolled my eyes. Oh great. This is just what I needed a bunch of conceited boys living with me. Better change the locks on my doors for sure.

"The name is Kol. (As in Cole) I'm fifteen. I like video games and music. Tons of music." Said the next one in line.

At least he didn't brag about his lo-

"And come on guys. You know I would win for best looking O'Conner!" He finished off.

Yeah never mind too late. Their all conceited.

"Alright then I'm Brandon. I'm fifteen. Yes that is my ugly twin over here. I got all the good genes and he got left overs.” He chuckles draping his arm over his twin’s shoulder. Great another set of annoying twins! Now they can bond and share notes. “But just like Kol, I like video games and music. More video games than music though."

They didn't look like identical twins but you could surely tell they were related; you could tell they're all related no problem actually. We all nodded head and looked over to the small boy at the end of the couch. He curled himself into a small ball in the corner and hiding his face in between his legs like that would stop us from seeing him.

"And who might you be?" I asked in a sweet voice kneeling down to the blond headed boy on the floor. He mustn't be with the O'Conners, he's the only blond head, blue eyes boy. Unless he's adopted or a different parent....

"He is the one and only Parker O'Conner. Funny. Lovable. Sweet. Kind. Irresistible. And the best seven year old you'll ever meet in your life." Brody spoke for him as Parker crawled behind his older brothers, acting shy and scared.

"He's your brother?" I questioned. Sitting back in between Drew and Kyle.

"Yes." They all answered in some way with nodding heads.

"From another parent maybe...." Drew suggested quietly.

"Drew!" My mother scolded in a low hiss.

"Or adopted." Kyle corrected.

"Kyle!" Mom scowled at him too.

"Come on we were all thinking it! The boy is blond and pure blue eyes and the others, well, just aren't!" I said out loud making it more obvious. Our mother gave us cold, harsh looks making me flinch away. Okay, now I know how Drew feels when I look at him like that. But I did learn from the best.

"Sorry." We mumbled.

"Well enjoy their company because they're going to be living here for the next few months while their mom is away. So behave. Treat each other with mutual respect. And I hope I made those rules very clear to you boys earlier." Dad impressed looking strongly at the boys.

They all nodded their heads understandingly. Oh God if my dad said something really stupid or embarrassing I don't know how I'm going to live with them now! He probably took what Drew said into consideration the other day at dinner and gave them this very embarrassing talk! Great, just great.

"Kids why don't you show the O'Conners to their new rooms and help with the luggage. They can bunk with each other if they’d like." Mom said rushing out the living room and already off to work. She didn’t have to say it, we just automatically knew buy the look on her face and the rush to the door.

And then there was one parent.

"Don't forget to leave your uniforms for Rose so she can wash and press them for tomorrow." Dad reminded walking out of the room. It’s not like we didn’t know that already dad!

And then there were no parents.

Great. Just fabulous. Seven boys, one me, what can possible go wrong?! I gave my brothers the quick 'see ya later look' with a little two finger solute and started walking away. Yeah boys can bond without me.

"Ha. Yeah you’re funny. You're not ditching us." Drew ordered stopping me half way to the staircase. Kyle had his arms folded across his chest nodding from behind.

“We’ve got to get to know each other. Bond and shit. Come on dad said to treat them with respect.” Kyle reminded.

"Let me clear this up for you. In case you haven't noticed. There are seven of you and one of me. You’re the one who brought up you know what at dinner and I’ll take that into consideration and make sure it doesn’t happen. So I'll just be on my way." I said going up the stairs and entering my room as my brothers followed behind.

"No, no, no, NO! That's not how this works. We got to stick together, Brooklyn. We’re all shocked that they’re here and we have no clue what to do. If you leave then...." Kyle added not finishing his empty threat. Drew was always more convincing than Kyle and smarter when to think of threats; just don’t tell him I said that.

They both tried arguing with me some more but it was useless. I wasn't going to change my mind. Even if that meant I had to stay up stairs in my room all day and all night to avoid them.

"Hey, uh, guys. If you just show us our rooms we'll be out of your hair." The oldest one, Brody, said with a shrug. His little brother wolf pack surrounding him.

I sighed looking at my brothers, “Together.” I repeated to them. Kyle nodded his head with a grin as Drew just rolled his eyes mumbling nonsense.

"Come on guys. I'll show you to your rooms. They're just down the hall here...." 

*****

'I wanna stay up all night 

And jump around until we see the sun 

I wanna stay up all night and find a girl 

And tell her she's the one

Hold onto the feeling and don't let it go 

Cause we've got the floor now 

Get out of control 

I wanna stay up all night and do it all with you!'

I sang along with the One Direction band kicking my feet in the air, music blasting through my headphones, as I laid on my bed with my Algebra II text book doing homework. I wasn’t a big fan of them, no super fanatic girl but they’re music is OK and their voice didn’t make my ears bleed like Justin Beaver does.

I felt a small hand shake my shoulder, when I looked up it was Rose; the housekeeper, maid, cook, third parent, psychologist that I looked up to.  It was surprising to see her after school. Usually she was around when we were at school and then late at night around dinner time. "Oh, hi Rose. Sorry was I being too loud?" I asked taking off my headphones.

"No, its fine sweetie. Just came to see if you have your uniform or any other laundry." She said holding a white laundry basket under her arms and with the looks of it my brothers uniforms already in it.

"Oh yeah. Umm." I babbled looking at the clothes spilled on the floor. I had changed earlier to some comfortable sweats and a T-Shirt instead of staying in that thing.

Looking up at her sheepishly with an apologetic smile. She rolled her eyes with a joking smile, picking up the clothes for the floor, "I should have known." She chuckled.

"Sorry," I apologized. "Hey Rose, do you think we can burn the uniforms? Start a rebellion or something?" I asked trying to look serious.

"When you graduate next year we'll do just that," She told me smiling. "But hey, think of it this way. You don't have to get up every morning and think about what you have to choose to wear and who to impress, right? Everyone is wearing the same thing.” She rationalized.

I sighed, "I guess but sometimes I think I want to do just that"

"One more year. Don't worry." She shouted as she walked out the door.

I laughed. Thank God I only had one more year in that school! Putting my head phones on I sang along to the rest of the song tapping my pencil and nodding my head to the beat. Gosh I love this song! Another hand touched my shoulder and this time I was startled to look up into a blue eyed boy.

"Oh Parker. It's you. How are you doing? Like your new room?" I asked him with a wide smile. If I was going to be nice to any of these boys it’d be this little cutie here.

He nods with a small smile, "When is mommy coming back?" He asks quietly. My eyes widen when his first words to me came out of his mouth. And I didn't even know how to answer, never mind what to tell him. Plus I didn't even know what the real reason they were really here for!

"Oh, um, I don't know buddy. Soon though. But you'll have fun here while she's gone." I told him honestly. He looked at me sadly then picked up his head looking around the room.

Parker’s eyes lit up when he saw something, "Is that an iPad!" He practically shouted. His ocean eyes widened as he spotted the Apple device on my desk.

"Oh yeah. You can play with it if you like." I offered. He handed it to me as I touched in the password. I only had one because I didn't want my brothers snooping around in my stuff.

"I'm not really aloud to play. My brothers don't let me play with their iPods." He frowned batting his eyelashes. Oh my God he's just so adorable! How can you say no to him?!

"Aww. Shh, it’s OK. We'll make this our own little secret. Besides iPad is much more fun than an iPod." I told him patting the empty spot on my bed.

His face lit up like Christmas day as he hopped on my bed playing with the games already downloaded on. Continuing on with my homework I hummed along to a new song, trying not to get distracted by Parker's games. Damn he's good. He beat a whole world in Angry Birds! I can’t even do that!

"Parker. Parker! Parks where are you little man?!" One of his brothers shouted.

"Quick hide me!" Parker shouted in a whispered as he rolled under my bed with my iPad. He's glued to that thing now forever. "I'm not here!" Parker told me.

I nodded my head pretending to go back to normal as I blasted the music singing along to Call me, Maybe.

'Hey I just met you 

And this is crazy 

But here's my number 

So call me maybe.

It's hard to look right at you baby 

But here's my number 

So call me maybe'

Really, that’s all the words to the song? Anything can be considered a top hit these days, but it is catchy. Someone again shook my shoulder and when I looked up it was the sea eyed boy who kept staring at me from earlier. Nathan, I believe was his name.

"Oh sorry, am I being too loud?" I fake apologized, well knowing his reason for what he was really here for.

"Oh no, no. Not at all. You're, uh, actually a really good singer." His husky voice replied. He too was in baggy sweats and a white tee looking casual and at home. And under his shirt I could tell he was very well built. And brave to if his first conversation with me started with a compliment.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." He whispered in my ear cockily. Ugh great I take everything back. Self-absorbed just like I thought; and some big shot flirt.

"What do you want?" I asked changing my mood of voice to a sour tone. I wasn't going to put up with five self-arrogant boys for three months and they better know I wasn’t going to take it either.

"Wondering if you know where Parker is." He sighed running his hands through is hair.

"Why would I and why would I care? He's your little brother, I got enough to deal with." I sassed as I put my head phones back on.

I looked away, eyes back in my text book. As the rest of the song kept playing, I kept singing, louder.

'And all the other boys 

Try to chase me 

But here's my number 

So call me maybe '

Once I figured he got the message and he was out of my room I looked up to find my door closed with no boy in view. OK maybe I came off a little bitchy there.

"Parker the coast is clear you can come out now." I said turning upside down and looking under the bed to see him still playing with the game, "Parkeeeerrrrrr." I sang getting him out of his trance.

"This is so much fun!" He shouted climbing onto my bed." I love it here! I love it here!"

I giggled finishing up with my homework. That was easy trying to get a little boy to feel more at home. Headphone still in so I didn't have to hear Parker talking to himself while he was playing a game. I was just about to start my English homework when someone ripped the headphone right out of my ears.

That's one of my brothers alright.

"Dinner is ready come down and eat," Drew said then looking at Parker and then to me. Oh Jesus there's that famous smirk he always has on when he's thinking, "Come on Brooke you know the rule: guys are off limits in your room."

I rolled my eyes. How stupid he really is hasn't been developed yet. They're still working on that number. It's a rare and special thing.

"Do I have to eat with....them" I mouthed quietly not wanting to offend Parker.

"Yes! Now get your....a-s-s down stairs before I.....k-i-l-l you." He spelled making it clean for Parker's ears.

"Over my d-e-a-d body. And why are we s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g everything? We're not in a spelling bee." I scrutinized.

"Down stairs. Two minutes. Don't make me fulfill my promise." He said walking out of my room.

Boys, they’re all a pain in my a-s-s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment! Vote! FAN!-<3Kels&Ky:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 79 29
Meet Skilar Hartley She had it all, a twin sister. She had blond hair and green sometimes blue eyes and a petite figure. She was rich and lived in a...
192K 5.6K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
653K 28.2K 48
"In a house full of eight, disgusting, inconsiderate, illogical, and inconvincibly stupid older brothers, what's one more?" *** Alex has eight o...
1.4K 119 20
One plane ride could change your life. SOPHIA RANDALL likes her routines. She plans everything, down to the very last second. And Sophia is content t...