Clouded Vision

Від shellpaperheart

Werewolves just can't survive in the modern world anymore. They've lived beside us for thousands of years, in... Більше

Clouded Vision, Chpt 1
Clouded Vision, Chpt 2
Clouded Vision, Chpt 3
Clouded Vision, Chpt 5
Clouded Vision, Chpt 6
Clouded Vision, Chpt 7
Clouded Vision, Chpt 8
Clouded Vision, Chpt 9
Couded Vision, Chpt 10
Clouded Vision, Chpt 11
Clouded Vision, Chpt 12
Clouded Vision, Chpt 12, prt II
Clouded Vision, Chpt 13
Clouded Vision, Chpt 14
Clouded Vision, Chpt 15
Clouded Vision, Chpt 16
A Sort of Human Xmas-clouded vision extra story

Clouded Vision, Chpt 4

662 7 1
Від shellpaperheart

When the moon left and the sun replaced it Vincent regained consciousness. He groaned with a terrible headache, and put his clothes back on in a half awake state. Then his eyes snapped open and his mind leapt into awareness as his foot kicked soft flesh. He suddenly realized that he was back in the alley ways in town and cursed. Then he looked at the thing his foot hit and drew back. It was a body. Vincent bit his bottom lip, turned the body with his foot, and sighed with relief. It was Eve, and her chest was rising and falling peacefully. She was alive. Vince crouched on the ground and gently shook Eve's shoulder. "Eve," he called. "Eve, wake up."

Eve sighed, shifted a bit, and her eyes fluttered open. Vince smiled. Eve frowned. "How did I get here?" she asked.

Vince shrugged his shoulders. "I don't remember; full moon wipes my memory, save for a few flashes."

Eve gasped her eyes wide and afraid. "Adair attacked her!" Eve gasped. "Please, you need to help!"

Vince blinked, and changed in an instant. Want to lead me? He asked her.

Eve's jaw dropped. "What the hell are you thinking?" she hissed. "You could get killed!"

Vince simply repeated the message. This wasn't a time to worry about personal safety. Besides, it was almost dawn. He highly doubted anyone would be on the streets this early. Eve nodded, changed as well and took off with Vince following.

Why did Adair attack her? He asked.

We were having a discussion last night. Eve answered. We were discussing you. I was trying to convince Adair to change his mind and let you join. The female, Elana, agreed with me and challenged him. He attacked her in response. This is all my fault

Adair really hates me.

Eve nodded. You're his match in strength. He's never had that before. There was a pause. Can you help Elana?

Vince licked his lips. Maybe. But we might be too late already.

Eve sighed. I know. I meant to reach you sooner, but I changed before I could tell you. But she's a werewolf. She could hold up until we reach her.

Your pack doesn't have a doctor? Vince asked.

Eve shook her head. As far as we know, the last werewolf doctor died years ago.

Vince sighed. A shame.

Do you have any medical knowledge? Eve wanted to know.

Auntie May taught me the basics. She knew that because our bodies were so special we should know how to take care you ourselves.

Eve's eyebrows rose. Auntie May?

She took care of me when I was young.

Coming across the pack's home was an interesting sight. Deep in the forest, there was a barren area surrounded by trees with an enormous house in the middle, with several balconies on the second floor to allow wolves to leave as they pleased. There were two people in the clearing, one lying on the ground with another weeping beside her. Vincent stepped into his other skin, walked to the figure lying on the ground, and crouched next to her. The unmoving figure of Elana was a beautiful creature, with thick flowing black hair and a small slim face. Naturally her eyes were yellow and were staring up at the sky dimly. Her belly was red.

"I'm surprised she's still alive." Vincent murmured.

"Can you save her?" the man laying next Elana asked desperately.

"There's nothing I can do." Vince replied, brushing the hair from Elana's face fondly, eyes tender. "The wound's too deep."

Vince's voice was strangely gently and sad. Eve watched him curiously.

"Can we put her out of her misery?" the man asked.

Vince shrugged his shoulders. "She's too far gone to feel any pain. But I can do it if you wish."

"No, no. "The man backtracked swiftly. "Just...as long as she doesn't feel it."

Eve scooted over to the man and put her arm around him. "I'm sorry Jarren." She whispered. 'It's a terrible loss, but she died standing up for her beliefs."

Vincent fidgeted uncomfortably, worried that the man, Jarren, would blame him for the death.

Jarren's eyes met Vincent's. His eyes were tortured, fell of agony as if he was the one dying. "Do you know how she died?" he croaked.

"Yes." Vincent's throat was tight. "I'm sorry."

Jarren nodded. "You're part of this pack now." He declared softly.

Eve frowned. "You know you can't do that." She told him. "Only Adair can."

"My wife sacrificed herself to him." Jarren retorted sharply. "That should be more than qualifying."

Two others suddenly appeared from the woods to join them. Vincent blinked in surprise.

"I agree." A male hissed. "We already had a vote. If it wasn't for Adait, he-"the male nodded toward Vince, "-would be in the pack. He killed one of our own without reason. He isn't a fit leader."

"Adair protects us, keeps us safe." Eve argued.

"Are you siding with him?" Jarren cried, astonished.

"Of course not!" Eve snarled. "But whether or not he's a fair leader, we need him."

"How so." A female retorted sourly.

Eve snorted. "You know how. It's because of him we aren't dead right now!"

"Doesn't matter. We can elect a new leader. He's unacceptable."

"Shall we do this now?" someone asked.

"Of course." Jarren insisted. "My wife isn't going to live much longer. I want her to see she isn't going to die in vain."

Eve frowned, but didn't speak out. The male turned to Vince.

"By the way, my name is Devin."

"Vincent." He grunted.

Devin chuckled. "Confusing time huh?"

Vince smiled, but didn't reply.

Jarren, fear taking place over fighting spirit, clutched Elana's head and rocked her, whispering.

Vince touched her arm sadly. "I don't understand." He said. "How can all this trouble be about me?"

Devin barked a laugh. "This pack has been in chaos since you flew into town."

"How?"

"When you came here it opened a lot of issues. It made us realize how little of us there are left, and our pack could easily

be slaughtered. Not to mention we saw a side of our leader we didn't like. Most of us wanted to let you join. You were living our worst fear. And when Adair messed with you..."

Vince shuddered.

"He's horrid for doing that to you. " Eve spat. The group nodded in unison. Vince shrank in embarrassment.

"Eve shook Adair quite a bit when he found out she was spending all her time with you. When he forced her to not see you

anymore, she was trying to convince the pack to stand up against Adair to let you join."

"We've been arguing ever since. "Elana just took it a little further than most, declaring Adair was a bad leader."

"And this happened." Vince muttered, motioning to Elana.

Jarren wept. Adair walked out of the bushes, looking strained, but acting confident. He sat on a rock across the clearing

and watched them intently.

"Do you think he knows?" Devin wondered.

"He's stupid to think he won't be challenged for this, but whether he knows he'll be dethroned, I haven't the slightest idea."

Eve answered.

Vince regarded Adair curiously, wondering how his presence would affect Adair. Adair did nothing but stare at him with

cold, calculating eyes.

"She's dead." Jarren whispered mournfully. "She's gone." Eve grabbed Jarren's hand.

"You killed her you bastard!" Jarren screamed to Adair at the top of his lungs. "You killed her!"

Adair stood and strolled to the group, with step that seemed to last a lifetime. When he reached Elana, he crouched over

her, closed her eyes, and whispered, "I'm sorry. I truly am." His tone was filled with pain and remorse. Even Jarren was too shocked

to object.

"Will you bury her?" he asked.

"You won't be there to see it." Jarren growled.

"I want to be there with you." He waited, but Jarren simply stared at him with murderous eyes. "Fine. Do as you wish." Adair finally relented.

Adair turned to leave so that his back was facing Vincent, and said pointedly at him. "You must do now." There was a pause. "I appreciate that you tried to help, I do, but now it's time for you to leave."

Vince stared at Adair, unable to respond.

Devin stepped forward growling. "He's staying." There was finality to his voice.

"No." Adair turned around. "He's not."

Eve stepped forward and took Vince's hand. "He's suffered enough. "Eve told Adair. "He's already part of the pack."

Vincent looked back and forth to the people he could only describe as his comrades in surprise. Devin winked at him; Eve

smiled.

Jarren and two other females came forward as well to stand beside Vince.

Adair bared his teeth. "You want to do this now?" he asked.

There was no answer. "Fine!" Adair snarled. He jumped to Vincent as wolf and tore into him. Vince yelped. The others

changed as well and jumped in. It was a flying ball of fur. Adair jumped back from the pack snarling. He stared at Vince, conveying his

message.

Vince stepped forward, accepting. If he wanted to be a part of a pack, he had to earn it.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

328K 17.5K 30
Looking at the motivational poster, I couldn't stop myself from snorting at the ridiculousness of it all. 'Why fit in, when you were born to stand ou...
1.5M 58.2K 32
She has survived. For twenty years she has been running through the woods with the sole purpose of finding a pack that will take her in. Only problem...
761K 19K 26
Then it hit me. The scent of my mate. The one I'd love and spend the rest of my days with. "Mine," he growled. I was forced up against the wall as he...
3.9M 124K 58
*COMPLETED* BOOK 1 of the BLOOD MOON PACK SERIES #1 Packs 26/01/2021 #1 Emotions 27/09/2019 #1 Sacrifice 25/10/2019 Elizabeth Crow was only a young p...