Haikyuu x Reader - Soulmate A...

Por frstlel

Many One-Shot collection and each one of them is a Soulmate AU one. You may request something. The pronouns... Más

Oikawa Tooru
Nishinoya Yuu
Kageyama Tobio
Sugawara Koushi
Tsukishima Kei
Kuroo Tetsurou
Kozume Kenma
Sawamura Daichi
Hinata Shoyo

Iwaizumi Hajime

11.1K 332 348
Por frstlel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
soulmate au where one stops ageing when turning 18. one commences to age again once one finds his or her soulmate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can't believe this is our place now." You state proudly as you observe the empty living space before you. With a smile you turn to look at your best friend Iwaizumi Hajime who also seems to share the same emotions as you do. "It's surprising that this isn't a scam, considering how little rent we pay for this big apartment." He jokes while putting down a few boxes that he has carried into the apartment. "The best thing about it is that it's only a five minute walk away from our university. This is the best!" You say in awe as you begin to spin around in glee. "Now let's unpack already!"

The two of you, along with Oikawa, have been childhood friends for as long as you can remember and now you both have entered the same university in Tokyo. Because it would have been a long way to university, you have decided to rent an apartment near it. Your parents, of course, wouldn't have let you go on your own, so they were rather relieved to hear that Iwaizumi would be there to protect you. He is something like a guardian to you but you appreciate his vicinity very much. You don't even want to think about how lost you would be without him.

"A shame that Tooru isn't with us." You sigh, the two of you now carrying a sofa into the living room. "That shittykawa has gone and done it. Entering the national volleyball team. That bastard." Iwaizumi utters but laughs while doing so. "You sound lonely, Hajime." You point out, knowing what he's feeling exactly. "I am not." Iwaizumi lies. "Don't worry. The gym they train at is only thirty minutes away." You reassure, also teasing him. "Good for that trashhead Tooru, united with his love Ushikawa."

"You should have seen his face when he found out Ushikawa got on the team too." Iwaizumi now laughs which doesn't cease to make you chuckle too. "I'm gonna miss Tooru." You sigh as the two of you continue to fill your living room with furniture. "I think he'll miss us more. After all, he is the one who cried at our graduation." Iwaizumi states while wiping away the sweat from his forehead. "Oh, (Y/N)-chan, Iwa-chan, we've been together through kindergarden, elementary school, middle school, and high school and now we have to part. The two of you get to stay together, I'm so jealous." You mock Oikawa's crying which makes you both laugh.

"So this is what you do when you're alone? Making fun of me?" A voice suddenly speaks from the back of the room, so Iwaizumi and you turn around to look at the person speaking. "Tooru! What brings you here?" You jump up and hug your other best friend happily. "Pretending like nothing happened, I see." Oikawa mumbles to himself nonchalantly before answering you, "We don't have practice today, so I thought I'd help you set up your apartment."

"I know you'll stay young forever but you still shouldn't strain your body this much." Iwaizumi tells Oikawa who now reacts offended. "What do you mean forever? I bet I'll age along with (Y/N)-chan." Oikawa chimes while hugging you. "As if, Shittykawa!" Iwaizumi, surprisingly, yells more angrily than usually.

Oikawa's eyes widen for a moment as though in awe about Iwaizumi's sudden outburst but he swiftly returns to his goofy self. "Anyways, let me help you~"

.~.

"Class dismissed" The professor of your class announced, causing everyone to applaud and cheer. "Ahh~ The second year over just like that! Can't believe it!" You exclaim while stretching contently. "Finally. Only two more to go." Iwaizumi jokes while poking your cheek. "Let's go." He stands up and motions you to follow him, therefore you do.

The two of you have now officially finished your second year at university, so you made plans with some of your friends to celebrate not only that but also the occasion that everyone of your friends can drink legally now.

You both arrive at the bar you are supposed to meet up with everyone and already spot Oikawa and other friends you know from high school.

"Hi~" You greet happily while Iwaizumi simply nods at them. "Did you guys get older?" One of your friends, whom you haven't seen since high school, suddenly exclaims shocked, causing Iwaizumi and you to look at each other. "Naaah." Both of you answer and then laugh. "We're just dead tired after another exhausting year." You assure. "Anyways, let's celebrate!"

You go and hug Oikawa whom you haven't seen in a while. Despite that, he looks rather unhappy. "What's wrong, Tooru?" You question your childhood friend worried. He seems to observe your face for a moment before then answering in the usual manner, "Nothing~! Let's drink lots!"

All of you order the first round of drinks and discuss everyone's lives while making fun of Oikawa as usual.

Soon you order another round and another one until you forget at what round you are. "Heyyy~ Toooooruuuu~ Tell meee what's going on in your mind!" You slurr your words as you poke Oikawa's forehead while hugging his shoulders. "Who decided that letting her drink so much was a good idea?" Oikawa asks, instead of answering you, but everyone simply shrugs in response, earning a scoff from Oikawa.

"I saaaaaid tell meeee, you trashbag." You insist, slightly growing impatient. "Trashbag?" Oikawa inquires hurt. "Parrrdon. Trashbag filled with rainbowwwss and sparkles and -woooow- gooold." You correct yourself while smiling drunkenly. "(Y/N), how come you're this drunk already?" Iwaizumi asks annoyed. "I told you she wouldn't be able to handle it." Oikawa tells Iwaizumi annoyed. "Who am I to forbid her to drink?" Iwaizumi now asks, also getting angrier. "A bad flatmate apparently." Oikawa scoffs. "Oh, you would be better?"

"Guyssss, guyss, stahp, stahp, pshhhh, I said stahp. You two shouldn't fight. Make out instead." You stop the two by stepping in between. "You mean make up?" Iwaizumi asks. "Or that, that's even bettah, smart Hajime, smart." You point at Iwaizumi repeatedly.

"I'm bringing her home." Oikawa announces as he suddenly stands up. "Why you?" Iwaizumi questions. "I didn't drink, unlike you, so I can drive her home." Oikawa lets him know matter-of-factly, glaring too. "Come on, (Y/N)-chan." He says and helps you up. "Buuut the party juzzzt started." You insist while waving your arms around happily, nearly slapping Oikawa in the face.

Instead of letting you have more fun, Oikawa drags you out of the bar and throws you into the passenger seat of his car. While pouting, you fasten your seatbelt and then cross your arms. "Why did Tooru-trashykawa suddenly tuuuuuuuuurn into my beloveeed motherrr?" You inquire as soon as Oikawa hops into the car, too, and starts the motor. "For goodness sake, you can't be left alone." He utters annoyed while looking behind him as he is trying to back out of the parking spot. "That's why I have Hajime~"You chime, throwing your hands up contently. Oikawa clicks his tongue annoyed and then comments, "It's always Hajime this, Hajime that."

You are too drunk to process his words, so you chuckle instead. "Tooru looks funny when he's mad." You point out while poking his scrunched forehead. "You'll geeeeeeeet wrinkles. Right here~"

All of a sudden, Oikawa halts the car and turns to you, observing you closely. His brown eyes stare at you intensely, causing you to straighten up and look back at his eyes. You don't even dare to move at this moment. "Aren't you the one who's getting wrinkles?" He questions you in a hurt voice. Before you can attempt a joke, you stop and examine his expression. The last time you saw something similar to this expression was when Oikawa's team lost against Karasuno.

"Why is it always Iwa-chan?" He asks, his voice trembling ever so slightly. "Back in high school too. I tried to get your attention many times but the only person you ran to was him. When you watched our practices, the only person you were observing was Iwa-chan. It didn't matter how much I tried to impress you, Iwa-chan was the only one who could." He exclaims, his eyes glistening because of the moon light.

"To be honest,", You say drunkenly, holding your finger up, "I have nooooo idea what you're talking about." You boop Oikawa's nose. "But what I knooow is that Hajiiiiiime has aaaaaaaaaalways been protecting me. I would DIE without hiiim!"

"You will die because of him." Oikawa mumbles and begins to drive you to your apartment. "Whatever you say, golden trashbag~" You mutter and feel yourself fall asleep.

.~.

The next day you wake up with an intense headache, causing you to groan once you wake up. "First and last time drinking." You groan and stand up to walk to your living room where Iwaizumi is. As soon as he spots you, he approaches you worried. "What happened with Oikawa yesterday?" He asks, grabbing your shoulders and looking into your eyes. "I don't remember much but he said something about you and then something about me dying. I dunno. He's confusing as always, that handsome piece of garbage." You answer while giggling.

Iwaizumi lets go of you with a pondering expression and plops down on the sofa. "Tooru is actually a great driver, I must admit. I didn't think he would be such a responsible driver. Maybe he'll drive us to Disney La-" You ramble but get interrupted by Iwaizumi, "What would you think about me getting a girlfriend?" Your eyes widen for a moment and you examine his facial expression in order to tell if he's being serious or not. Something in your heart stings but you answer anyways, "As long as you don't abandon me, it's alright." You smile even though you don't feel much like doing so.

"You wouldn't be lonely?" He asks curiously. "I would probably wait for you here in the apartment until you get back from your dates like a dog would wait for his owner." You joke, letting out a nervous laugh. "I'm talking about when we're not in university and not living together anymore." Iwaizumi informs you seriously. Hurriedly, you sit down next to Iwaizumi on the couch and grab hold of his shirt. "Why are you so keen on getting rid of me all of a sudden, Hajime?" You ask, feeling tears well up in your eyes as you imagine a life without Iwaizumi. You didn't think it would affect you as much as it does now, making you wonder why.

"I am not. These are just what-ifs, (Y/N)." Iwaizumi assures. "You know what? Don't get a girlfriend. We'll live in this apartment until the world ends. We can let Tooru move in too. As long as no one finds their soulmate we'll be forever together." You utter desperately. "Don't you want to find your soulmate?" Iwaizumi questions concerned. "As long as I have you-" You exclaim quickly and interrupt yourself to rephrase your sentence, "and....and Tooru, I don't need a soulmate."

"(Y/N), you're making this hard for me. I don't want to be with you until eternity if we're only friends. I didn't want to say this, considering we're flatmates and it could make things very awkward but I have been in love with you ever since middle school. If you can only look at me as a friend then I don't want to be with you until the world ends. I'd rather grow old with you." Iwaizumi confesses, now making you cry. "Sure, let's do that. Let's grow old together." You exclaim panicky. "I think you are only saying this because you are in the opinion you can't live without me. Don't get these feelings mixed up with romantic feelings. They're not the same." Iwaizumi lets you know and stands up. "Where are you going?" You ask him in a sad voice. "Sorry, I need some fresh air." He says and exits the apartment, leaving you alone.

He walks downstairs to exit the building but as soon as he does, he bumps into Oikawa who is on his way to your apartment. "Iwa-chan, taking a walk?" Oikawa asks surprised. "I...yes, I just needed some fresh air." Iwaizumi sighs and rubs his forehead frustrated. "You confessed to (Y/N)-chan, didn't you?" Oikawa now inquires seriously. "How did you-" Oikawa interrupts, "I know you well, Iwa-chan. You always 'get some fresh air' when you mess up things with (Y/N)-chan. Let me tell you, though, you didn't mess up things this time. She is in love with you too."

"She only thinks of me as her protector or something like that." Iwaizumi insists. "Back in high school," Oikawa sighs, "When we practiced and (Y/N)-chan would come watching, the only person in her eyes was you. She always ran up to you instead of me. The only person she would talk about was you. That girl is clearly in love with you." His eyes have become glassy, his voice lower. "What about the soulmate thing?", Iwaizumi questions, "We can't grow old together. I'd want to have kids with her but not while we're young!"

"You're already growing old with her. Look at your first grey hair. Look at her forming wrinkles on her forehead. You two are soulmates." Oikawa points out and turns his back on Iwaizumi, so he wouldn't see his face. "You mean-" Iwaizumi cuts himself off, "I'm going back! Thanks, Oikawa!" Iwaizumi runs back into the building, leaving Oikawa alone.

Oikawa clenches his fists as he feels the first tears roll down his cheek. "I don't want to lose you both. Don't leave me alone." He mutters through his tears. "Don't grow old without me!" He shouts and punches the wall.

Meanwhile, Iwaizumi reenters his apartment to see you still sitting on the couch, crying. Before you can say anything, he grabs your shoulders and slams his lips onto yours. His hands find their way to your face, caressing it gently. Your tears stop and you feel yourself kiss back as you sling your arms around him.

After you two part, he looks deeply into your eyes, making you wonder if he is about to lean in again. "Let's grow old together." Iwaizumi proclaims. You commence to smile, "Yes, I'd like that."

Years pass and you both visibly get older day by day. Soon you have your first children. Everything is perfect. The only thing missing in your lives is Oikawa who stopped visiting you as often as he used to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, I don't know why my one-shots are getting all serious and sad all of a sudden. Compare the first soulmate au one-shot to this one, lmao. Even I started crying (even if it was just like one or two tears) when Oikawa cried lol

Leave suggestions!

-jyanee =^.^=

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

7.3K 400 28
"𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗼?" ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ "𝗶 𝗱𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘄" ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ soulmate au ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ in which two shy teens, e...
71K 965 25
A mixture of one-shots fluff and smut and a lot of love. Requests are open, inbox me or comment your requests and I'll tag you if possible! If it is...
183K 5.2K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
122K 3.3K 32
You were a volleyball prodigy, the perfect daughter, the one who always shined brighter than others... Then, why did this happen? - Fluff, smut, a...