you're my cure ➸ l.h

By lostboycalum

"for someone who's fixed me over and over again, you sure know how to break me." [ in which his only cure is ... More

prologue ≫ boy who blushed.
one ≫ missing.
two ≫ text hearts.
three ≫ skype call.
four ≫ "friends".
five ≫ visiting.
six ≫ michael.
seven ≫ getting bad.
nine ≫ mental hospital.
ten ≫ getting the band back.
eleven ≫ band practice.
twelve ≫ leaving.
thirteen ≫ school sucks.
fourteen ≫ the jump.
fifteen ≫ relapse.
sixteen ≫ floor two.
seventeen ≫ rejects.
eighteen ≫ pills.
nineteen ≫ calum.
twenty ≫ floor one.
twenty-one ≫ ashton.
twenty-two ≫ confusion.
twenty-three ≫ somewhere new.
twenty-four ≫ echoplex.
twenty-five ≫ panic attack.
twenty-six ≫ daydream away.
twenty-seven ≫ false betrayal.
twenty-eight ≫ independence.
twenty-nine ≫ accidentally unfaithful.
thirty ≫ a music video.
thirty-one ≫ coming home?
thirty-two ≫ home.
thirty-three ≫ savor now.
thirty-four ≫ just, gone.
thirty-five ≫ come find me.
thirty-six ≫ feeling home.
thirty-seven ≫ better.
thirty-eight ≫ nicknames.
thirty-nine ≫ seriously, better.
forty ≫ small fame.
forty-one ≫ smooth sailing.
forty-two ≫ @5SOS
author's note.

eight ≫ restrictions.

8.2K 215 72
By lostboycalum

"Hey!"

Luke's form appeared on my computer screen and he was thankfully smiling.

"Hi!" I chirped back into the screen.

He rested his elbows on the desk in front of him, and placed his chin in his hands.

"How's things?" He smiled.

I smiled back and shrugged.

"Not much, since I saw you yesterday." I laughed.

He laughed along and sat back in his chair. His hair was perfectly done up, and he was wearing his blue button up shirt that I'd bought for him a couple weeks ago. Smirking at me, he fixed his hair and cleared his throat.

"I wish you were here with me." He said lowly.

I nodded and swallowed the lump forming in my throat. Honestly, why is Luke able to do this to me?

"I asked Teresa, an attendant here, to let me borrow the guitar from the games room. I wanted to sing for you." He looked down at his hands and back to the camera, biting his lip.

My face lit up and I straightened my back in my chair, nodding.

"That sounds amazing, Luke." I said.

Luke started to turn away from the camera, I'm assuming to get the guitar.

"Cool! Okay. Lemme just get-"

Luke stared at his screen, eyes wide. I felt a breeze coming from the entrance of my room. I looked back and in the doorway stood my mother, glaring at me.

"What do you think you're doing?" She snapped.

"I- I was jus-"

I was stammering. My mom was giving me the death glare. This was so embarrassing.

"Yeah, you were just disobeying me! Turn that off!" My mom sarcastically waved goodbye at the camera, and Luke swallowed hard.

"Bye, Jas." He said, before disconnecting.

My heart dropped farther than it was before.

"Now, are you gonna tell me what the hell went wrong in your mind to let you think that this was okay? Why do you insist on not following the rules, Jasmin?" She questioned.

My mouth stayed shut and I just stared at her with my eyes, which were stinging. I had nothing at all to say, it would really only make it worse. She searched my face for an answer, an answer that she would never get. There wasn't a reason I was disobeying her that she would listen to.

"Well..?" She trailed off.

I blinked away the warm tears and wiped my face as they fell. I slightly shrugged and she threw up her hands and sighed.

"What am I gonna do with you, Jasmin?" She asked.

She stood there for a while, staring at me. I didn't like this. I hate this. She said nothing about skype, though in the back of my head, I knew there was a risk.

"I'm taking away your computer." She stated.

"No!" I retorted.

"Excuse me?"

I immediately regretted that. Rule one with my parents: never talk back.

"I'm definitely taking away your computer now. Say goodbye." She said.

She walked over to my laptop next to me, and unplugged the charger. She closed the screen, picked it up with both hands, and quickly walked out of my room. And she was gone.

》》》》》

Friday. A week after not being able to see Luke. Nothing's gotten better.

The gaping hole in my chest weighs me down as I walk down the halls of my school, changing my physical appearance as well as my mental state. Josie's noticed, she's afraid for me. Her exact words to me were,

"Jas, it's a bit scary that Luke has this control over you."

I'm not disagreeing with her. It scares me, even. It's not like he's even left me yet, he's still with me and he still loves me as much as he usually would. It's just the fact that I can't be with him, I can't feel the way he makes me feel anymore. For now, at least.

This feeling was slowly eating me away this week. Michael even noticed, and Ashton knew because of Luke. Luke told both boys, but Michael didn't think it would affect me this bad. I'm not sure anyone expected me to react this way. Not even myself.

I was making my way to my fourth period class, until I was stopped by a pair of large hands grabbing my shoulders, turning me around. I turned to see who it was out of curiosity, and because I was being forced to turn that way. My eyes couldn't process who was in front of me.

"Hey, Jas." Luke smiled.

I crashed my body into his, almost making him fall over. My arms were wrapped tightly around him and my head was pushed against his chest. Tears were leaving my eyes and I had the biggest smile I've had in a week. He wrapped his arms around my back, squeezing ever so slightly. He kissed my head and chuckled.

"I didn't know you'd miss me this much, babe. The boys told me how much you were hurting. Calum got the guys at the hospital to let me have time out. I have half an hour. I know you only have about two minutes, but I just wanted to see you." He whispered into my ear.

I pulled away from him and looked up in confusion. I haven't met Calum yet.

"Where is he? I haven't met him yet." I asked.

Luke looked around, and it gave me a chance to notice that people were staring at us. How weird.

"Ahh! Calum's right.. over there. Talking to his girlfriend."

I looked to where Luke was pointing and found Calum and his girlfriend flirting two rooms over from us. He was tall, not as tall as Luke, but tall. His hair was somehow messy but collected at the same time, with brunette curls here and there. His cheeks were chubby and childlike, but his jawbone was sharp and masculine. He looked like a humorous person, because of how he was making his girlfriend laugh every two seconds. They're cute.

I looked away from them, because I only had about a minute left with Luke before I had to go back into class. I went back to hugging Luke and the anxiousness from being in public faded away. It felt like we were the only two people here, and it felt amazing. We weren't really talking, it was pretty loud in the halls. He was just hugging me, and I was hugging him back. Tight.

And then the bell rang.

I looked around and everyone was already in class, we were literally the only people in the room now. Well, and Calum.

"No.." I whispered into Luke's chest.

Luke rubbed my back and stepped away from me.

"Do good in class, yeah?"

I nodded while smiling and he smiled back. I was on such a high, I didn't even know what was going through my mind. A part of me shoved myself towards Luke, and I tilted my head up towards him and waited. He laughed and craned his neck down, allowing our lips to lock for just a mere second. It was all I needed.

》》》》》

When I got home, my mom was waiting in my room for me. She was doing something on her phone, I couldn't tell what, but when she heard me come in she locked her phone and put it down. I dropped my bag to the floor slowly as she eyed my movements.

"Hi...?" I lightly laughed.

"Hi. Give me your phone."

Of course. Of course, my phone. What else could she possibly take away?

I reluctantly slid my hand into my back pocket and pulled out my phone. As I was handing it over, though, it buzzed. I looked at my mom as if to say, 'please, just let me answer it?' and she nodded in approval.

It was a text from Luke. I unlocked my phone and read the message,

LUKE; [ hey c: i know you might not be able to talk but i just want you to know that i love you and believe in you and that you can do this! text me when you get this (-: ]

I smiled at my phone and looked at my mom, whose eyebrows were raised.

"Who is it?" She asked, nicer than I would've thought.

"The boy that I've been seeing at the hospital.." I was still smiling.

"Are you ever going to tell me about him?" She chuckled.

"Maybe. I have homework though." I taunted her.

She made an 'oh' face and nodded. I typed Luke back,

ME; [ thank you lukey (: i have to go though, love youu ]

I handed over my phone and my mom took it, and got up from my bed.

"Can I get it back when I'm done?" I asked before she walked out.

"Uh huh. Finish fast. I wanna hear about this boy." She said, walking away.

I smiled and got to work on my homework. It didn't bother me much that I couldn't use my phone or computer, and I don't know why. I think it's because for once, I have someone to support and motivate me. It feels pretty good.

》》》》》

"Dad's out getting In N' Out, are you done yet?" My mom called from downstairs.

It's been about an hour and a half, and I was about done with homework. I only had a few more problems from math, and that was it.

"Almost, why?" I yelled back.

"I'm curious to see who 'Luke' is.." I could hear the smile in her voice.

I blushed even though I was in the room alone. Why did she want to know about Luke so badly? And how did she know his name? I thought she would have been mad, because both of my parents are strict when it comes to these things. That's probably why she wants to know about Luke when my dad's not here, so that he doesn't get mad. I better hurry up then, before he gets home.

I finished up my last problem and started to pack up, meaning putting all of my stuff into my backpack and putting it next to my door. I walked out of the room right after and went downstairs, headed for the living room, where my mom was. She was sitting down on the couch watching some crime show on tv, but when I came down, she muted it and patted the seat next to her, motioning me to sit down. I listened to her orders and sat down, she was slightly smiling.

"What are you so giddy about?" I laughed.

She shrugged and handed me my phone, which had a text from Luke. That's probably where she got his name from, since I hadn't told her yet. I sighed and looked back up at her, and she looked like she was waiting for me.

"Are you waiting for me to tell you?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I wanna know everything about him. Is he cute? Is he nice? Is he athletic?" She quickly spat out a whole list of questions that were too complicated to answer in a short amount of time.

"Why don't we just start with the basics..?" I laughed.

She laughed along with me.

"That sounds good." She said.

"Well.."

I paused for a moment to regain my thoughts. What was I supposed to tell her? That I'm dating a depressed band member who's constantly in need of my presence? She already knows something is wrong with him, because she knows he's staying at Canyon Ridge, but she doesn't know what.

"His name is Luke. Luke Hemmings." I started off.

"Hemmings? What a lovely name." My mom said.

I smiled at this, because I thought the same thing when I first heard it.

"Yeah, yeah. He's really tall. And white." I added.

My mom's eyebrows went up.

"Ohh a white boy, huh?" She smiled.

I laughed nervously. This was so weird.

"Yeah.. he's admitted in Canyon Ridge Hospital-"

"Oh yeah, I meant to ask you, what for exaclty? You aren't dating a psycopath are you?"

I laughed again and shook my head.

"No, no. He's kind of severely depressed." I looked down at my hands.

"Ohh." My mom said.

"I make him happy, you know." I said, quieter.

"You do? Is that why you go over so often?"

I nodded and she looked away as if she was thinkng.

"Well.. I'm not letting you off the hook Jasmin. Your grades are beyond unacceptable."

Her tone changed from light to harsh, uh oh.

"I know, I know. I'm working on it." I replied.

"Good. Okay, more about Luke." She smiled.

I smiled back and continued. She turned off the tv all together, so that she was only focusing on me. Having my mom want to know so much about Luke was weird to me, I always thought she'd be furious.

"Well, there's not much to tell. He's smart. he's sweet, he's in a band-"

"He's in a band?!" My mom exclaimed.

I laughed and she shook her head as if she couldn't believe it.

"A popular band? What's it called?"

"5 Seconds of Summer. And no, they weren't popular. Not yet. I haven't heard them sing before-"

"Does he sing?" She asked.

I grinned at this, because I remembered that not only am I in love with a bandmember, but I'm in love with the lead singer.

"Yeah, he sings. And plays guitar." I blushed.

"No way! That's awesome, Jasmin. But don't tell your dad. He's the one who's usually really strict about all of this. I just play along."

I nodded and said 'ahhh', I kind of already guessed that was what was going on.

"Is he your boyfriend?" My mom's head tilted sideways.

"...no, actually. No he's not. He's never asked me to actually be his girlfriend so I don't think so.."

I hadn't realized this before, until now. What were Luke and I? He's never actually came out and said, 'will you be my girlfriend', so does that mean I'm not? I think I might have to ask him.

"Would it be weird to ask him what we were..? Now that you've made me think about it, I'm kind of confused." I said curiously.

"Yeah, I think it would be fine. Have you guys done stuff?" My mom said louder and quicker.

My mind went back to what 'stuff' Luke and I have done. We haven't actually done anything except kiss. For a while. While I sat on him. But she doesn't need to know that..

"Nah, don't worry." I chuckled.

"Oh, good." She exhaled.

We were both silent for a while. I took this chance to check my phone. I unlocked my phone to see a text from Luke.

LUKE; [ okay i love you too (-: ]

I smiled at it, giving it away that I was talking to Luke.

"What did he say?" My mom scooted closer to me.

I slightly turned my phone to angle away from her, so that she couldn't see. She looked at me funny and then to my phone.

"Why can't I see?" She asked.

I sighed and turned it towards her.

"Aww, that's cute." She smiled.

"Am I going to have to show you every text?" I whined.

"No, not if you don't want me to I guess." She shrugged.

I nodded and we were both in silence for a while.

"You aren't the only thing that makes him happy, right?"

She sounded worried, and she should be.

"I am. As far as I know. " I half-heartedly laughed.

"Ohh, Jasmin. I wonder how he's doing.."

"Me too." I sighed.

》》》

Hiiii everybody. I know there might not be a lot of you, but I felt like I needed to apologize for my lack of chapters recently. I promise I'll get back on track soon! If you want updates every now and then, follow my 5sos fan account on instagram (lostboycalum) and my fan account on twitter (radicaium_). Thanks, guys! :D xx

(By the way, you'll know if the account is mine if I have my wattpad in the bio.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.7K 39
What happens when the biggest jerk you know literally becomes the reason you are alive? Copyright © fivesecsoflarry on Wattpad
86.7K 1.6K 25
characterized by unscrupulous control of a situation or person.
3.7M 65.6K 59
"How could you ever love someone who causes you so much pain?" This is the continuation of "The Chase"