Gryffindor Princess and The P...

De snow_potter

Hope is the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange and Albus Dumbledore. This year will be her first year attending... Mais

Chapter One: The Prophecy
Chapter Two: Diagon Alley
Chapter Three: The Talking Hat
Chapter Four: The Art of Learning Magic
Chapter Five: Neville's First Solo Flight
Chapter Six: The Forbidden Door
Chapter Seven: Halloween
Chapter Eight: Nicolas Flamel
Chapter Nine: Christmas
Chapter Ten: The Mirror of Erised
Chapter Eleven: Chocolate Frog Cards
Chapter Twelve: The Norwegian Ridgeback
Chapter Thirteen: Family
Chapter Fourteen: Cursed Blood
Chapter Sixteen: Below The Three-Headed Dog
Chapter Seventeen: The Philosophers Stone
Chapter Eighteen: The End of Year Feast

Chapter Fifteen: Exam Week

51 3 1
De snow_potter

Their exam week had finally started, and Hope found herself spending almost all her free time studying. They had one exam a day where they would do a written exam in the morning and a practical exam in the afternoon. It was always uncomfortably hot in the exam room, which didn't help at all with her nerves. 

 During their practical Charms exam Professor Flitwick had brought them into the classroom, one by one so that they could make a Pineapple tap dance along the desk. Professor McGonagall had them transform a mouse into a snuffbox for Transfiguration. Their Potions practical was the worst, Snape was breathing down their necks as they sat in the dungeons trying to brew a forgetfulness potion from memory. 

Hope was finding it very difficult to study for her exams, as the Stone continued to enter her mind. She regularly checked the third floor corridor to see if Fluffy was still there. 

Their final exam was History of Magic, it was Hopes least favorite topic by far. The exam was one hour long, and after that they would have a whole week of relaxation before the test results came back. Finally Professor Binns told them to put down their quills and bring their parchments up to his desk. 

"That was far easier that I thought it would be", Hermione said, as they walked out into the sunny grounds, "I needn't have learned about the 1637 werewolf code of conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager." 

"Did you get Snotlout the Smelly for question twenty four?", Hope asked, "I wasn't sure." 

They flopped down under a tree by the lake. The Weasley twins and Lee Jordan were tickling the tentacles of a giant squid, which was basking in the shallow part of the lake. 

"No more studying", sighed Ron, lying down on the grass, "you could look more cheerful, Harry, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet. 

"I wish I know what this mean!", Harry said angrily, rubbing his forehead, "my scar keeps hurting - it's happened before, but never as often as this."

"Harry relax", Hope soothed, "Snapes not going to try anything, as long as Dumbledore's around. Anyway, we've never had any real proof Snape knows how to get past Fluffy." 

"Your probably just over paranoid from the exams", Hermione said, "I woke up last night and was halfway through my Transfiguration notes before I remembered we'd done that one." 

Harry didn't look convinced but he didn't say anything else on the subject. Hope spread out on the grass enjoying the nice sunny day. Hermione continued to talk about their exam with Hope. Suddenly Harry jumped to his feet looking worried. 

"I've just thought of something", Harry went very pale, "we've got to go see Hagrid." 

"Why?", Hermione asked. They all got to their feet and hurried down the slope towards Hagrid's hut, Harry in the lead. 

"Don't you think it's a bit odd", Harry said, "that what Hagrid wants more than anything else is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happened to have an egg in his pocket? How many people wander around with dragon eggs if it's against wizard law? Lucky they found Hagrid, don't you think?" 

Hope couldn't believe she hadn't realized that before. Why hadn't they been worried about whoever had given Hagrid a dragon egg? Hagrid was sitting outside his hut in an armchair. 

"Hullo", he greeted, smiling at them, "finished yer exams? Got time fer a drink?" 

"Yes please-" 

"No, "Harry cut Ron off, "we're in a hurry, Hagrid, I've got to ask you something. You know that night you won Norbert? What did the stranger look like?" 

"Dunno", Hagrid replied casually, "he wouldn' take his cloak off. It's not that unusual, yeh get a lot o' funny folk in the Hog's Head." 

"What did you talk about?", Hope asked. 

"He asked what I did, an' I told him I was a gamekeeper here... He asked a bit about what sorta creatures I look after... An' I said what I'd always really wanted was a dragon I can' remember too well 'cause he kept buyin' me drinks. He said he had a dragon egg and that we could play cards if I wanted... He said he had to be sure the dragon was going to a good home, with someone who could handle it... So I told him, after Fluffy , a dragon would be easy." 

"And did he - did he seem interested in Fluffy?", Harry asked. 

"Well yeah", Hagrid answered, "I mean how many three-headed dogs d'yeh meet. I told him Fluffy's  a piece o' cake if yeh know how to calm him down, jus' play him a bit o' music an' he'll go straight off ter sleep-" 

Hope and Harry exchanged a horrified look. 

"I shouldn'ta told yeh that! Forget I said it! Hey - where're yeh goin?" 

They ran back up the the castle. There was no doubt now, Snape knew how to get past all of the obstacles guarding the stone. 

"We've got to go to Dumbledore", Hope said, "if the stone in danger he needs to know."  

She lead the way as they continued to run to her fathers office. 

"What are you four doing inside", came a voice. They screeched to a halt and saw Professor McGonagall, carrying a large pile of books. 

"We need to see Dumbledore", Hope said. 

"Why would you need to see the headmaster?", 

"It's sort of a secret", Harry said, causing McGonagall's nostrils to flare. 

"Professor Dumbledore left ten minutes ago", she told them, "he received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and flew off for London at once. 

"Professor please, its important", Harry said. 

"Something you have to say is more important than the Ministry of Magic, Potter? 

"Look", Harry said, "Professor - it's about to Philosophers Stone -" 

Professor McGonagall looked horrified, the books in her arms fell to the floor. 

"How do you know -?" 

"Professor, I think - I know that someone's going to try and steal the Stone. I've got to talk to Dumbledore." 

"Professor Dumbledore will be back tomorrow", she said, eyeing all of them suspiciously, "I don't know how you found out about the Stone, but rest assured, no one can possibly steal it, it's too well protected." 

She picked up her books and marched off. Once they were out of ear shot Harry spoke. 

"He's going to go through the trapdoor tonight. He's found out everything he needs, and now he's got Dumbledore out of the way. He must have sent that letter to Dumble -" 

Hope kicked harry in the leg to shut him up. Snape had just started walking towards them. 

"Ouch! What was -" 

"Good afternoon", Snape said smoothly, you shouldn't be inside on a day like this." 

"We were -", Harry faltered, clearly having no idea what he was going to say. 

"You want to be more careful", said Snape, "hanging around like this, people will think you're... Up to something." 

They quickly hurried outside. Eager to get away from Snape. 

"Right, here's what we've got to do", Harry whispered, "one of us should keep an eye on Snape. Wait outside the staff room and follow him if he leaves. Hermione, you'd better do that." 

"Why me?"

"It's obvious, you can pretend to be waiting for Professor Flitwick", Ron put on a high voice, "oh Professor Flitwick, I'm so worried, I think I got question fourteen b wrong!" 

"Oh, shut up", said Hermione. But she agreed to go watch Snape. 

"Ron and I will stay outside the third-floor corridor", Harry said,  "Hope, you go to Dumbledore's office and leave him a note explaining what's happened." 

After leaving the note on her fathers desk Hope returned to the common room to find Harry, Ron and Hermione already there. 

"McGonagall, found us", Ron told her, "and Snape caught Hermione." 

"Then there's only on thing we can do", Hope said, "we've got to get to the stone before Snape can." 

"You're mad!", Ron said. 

"We can't!", Hermione agreed, "think of the trouble you'll be in." 

"Hopes right", Harry said, "if Snape gets hold of the Stone Voldemort will be able to come back! Haven't you heard what it was like when he was trying to take over? There won't be a Hogwarts to get expelled from! If I get caught before I can get to the Stone, well, I'll have to go back to the Dursleys and wait for Voldemort to find me there, it's only dying a bit later than I would have. I'm going through that Trapdoor tonight and nothings going to stop me! Voldemort killed my parents, remember?" 

"You're right, Harry", said Hermione. They were all shocked by his sudden outburst. 

"We'll use the invisibility cloak", Harry said, "it's just lucky I got it back."

"I'd better go look through my books", Hermione said, "there might be something useful." 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

18.8K 568 38
Rosalie Lestrange the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange has been sent to Hogwarts for the first year. However she was put into Gryffindor house which w...
45.9K 961 15
Hope Black was kidnapped when she was six months old, the same day she lost her mother. Ten and half years later she is finally free and able to atte...
286 3 18
Hope Dumbledore is a witch, with a secret and powerful gift. As the daughter of the famously powerful Albus Dumbledore, she has a lot to live up to...
319K 7.2K 40
Olivia is the daughter of Severus Snape and Lily Potter. She's a year younger than Harry. Olivia was there when Lord Voldemort killed Lily and James...